Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala (13860 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 15, 2011
The Federal Government has backed down on the removal of fuel subsidy, at least in the interim, even as it plans to merge Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to save costs, Finance Minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said in Abuja yesterday.

Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, who also doubles as the Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy, said government had temporarily jettisoned the idea to allow for “wider consultations with stakeholders.” The government, earlier in the year, had indicated its intention to hands-off the payment of subsidy on fuel, notably petrol and kerosene, in a bid to free up funds for capital expenditure in the 2012 budget.

The Presidency had hinged its policy reversal on the huge sums (about N1.4trillion) it was investing in the fuel subsidy regime, and instead pushed for the deregulation of the downstream sector, which meant an end to fuel subsidy and by extension, an increase in the pump prices of the two products.
“The Federal Government has backed down on the removal of subsidy and resorted to wide consultations with faith-based organizations, youth groups and other stakeholders and after that, the government would make a pronouncement on the issue,” Okonjo-Iweala said.

“The President is consulting widely and at the appropriate time, he will take a decision,” she added. Labour had been so fierce in its campaign against the policy, given the untold hardship it would bring on the masses. The Finance Minister, who was giving a breakdown on the budget presented on Tuesday to the National Assembly by President Goodluck Jonathan, had declined to state whether the fuel subsidy removal issue was finally rested or when it would be revisited.

She also disclosed that government had uncovered over N1 billion hitherto enjoyed by police ghost pensioners.
Okonjo-Iweala announced that the Federal Government would restructure and merge some MDAs whose functions are overlapping, with a view to reducing the cost of running government. Already, a committee had been set up to look into ways of merging or restructuring the agencies. Making these disclosures at the budget breakdown in Abuja, the minister said that following the reforms embarked upon by the government, police pension overhead was brought down from N1.5 billion to N.5 billion.

This, she said, was achieved through a biometric data system of payment. The budget whose theme is: “Fiscal consolidation, inclusive growth and job creation”, she said, is an action budget and many of the actions captured inside have already begun. This, Okonjo-Iweala, said, could be seen in the amount voted for security, agriculture, etc.
“This is a serious budget with a serious purpose which will be implemented with a serious approach. Nigerians are tired of talk and so are we. That’s why the budget is all about action in the areas that matter to Nigerians. There is no big grammar in this budget” the minister said.

To buttress the “action” theme, she cited the significant scale-up in the allocations made to some key sectors such as power, security, agriculture and infrastructural development. She said that there is a strong basis for progress in these and other areas based on this budget. According to her, the 2012 budget would be standing on four pillars which include, macro-economic stability, structural reforms, governance/institutions and investing in priority areas. These, she said, were established to help achieve fiscal consolidation, inclusive growth and job creation.

The minister identified key initiatives and developments, which will form a key part of government’s focus.
This includes plans to reduce domestic debt profile which stands at 16.4 per cent with more attention being paid on revenue side. This, according to her, would involve blocking leakages, improving corporate tax collection and boosting internally-generated revenues.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/15/national-15-12-2011-001.html

Mr presido de fear or what? he cant take a decision on anything! no wander the country is like this, we have a clueless and indecisive leader. so all u guys calling for a revolution i hate to disappoint u, but the guy no fit act.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by obowunmi(m): 12:51am On Dec 15, 2011
Get rid of Goodluck like they did Ghaddafi.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Gekko(m): 1:11am On Dec 15, 2011
this guy has obviously never watched a NIKE ad, "JUST DO IT"
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by moderattor: 5:10am On Dec 15, 2011
ib55:

Mr presido de fear or what? he cant take a decision on anything! no wander the country is like this, we have a clueless and indecisive leader. so all u guys calling for a revolution i hate to disappoint u, but the guy no fit act.
if he goes ahead to rigidly enforce the subsidy, you will scream
'he is heartless! He is clueless'
now he decides to consult more widely before removing the subsidy,
you are screaming again!
You can jump thru the window or lock yourself in a toilet from the outside.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 5:14am On Dec 15, 2011
I really hope that calls for him to step down strengthen, if he decides to back down from Subsidy removal.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Rhino5dm: 5:47am On Dec 15, 2011
Jonadunce Goatluck and his to-and-fro retarrded policies. Coming from mumu that can't even take a stance when he announces the banned on super eagles, only to quickly revert and lick his vomit.

Surely, the most useless, clueless, stuupid president of all time is on board. Little wonder he laugh at any slight giving opportunity like a little pusssy!

The goons shouting and chanting fresh air mantra before elections, are stuck with the most brainless to ever occupy the Aso Rock. If he didn't perform as Deputy Governor,Governor,Vice President or even as lecturere, what difference do you think he make?

"We voted for GEJ not PDP ","Na God choose am ", "The man get LUCK ooo!". . .!!! !!!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by CyberG: 6:06am On Dec 15, 2011
LOL . . .this loser president never lives without a gaffe! Did the recent budget even have a provision for subsidy? No budget for subsidy yet he is still "consulting"? So, if the heat gets too much for him and is unable to remove the subsidy, does he now add N 1+ Trillion to the budget or what for at least there has to be a budget for it? Let's wait and see. . .there will be no shortage of drama from a man who's way out of his depth! grin grin
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Lasinoh: 6:29am On Dec 15, 2011
Wetin this wor-wor 'Reubena Abagana" woman dey tok?
Will wait for now?
Till when? grin

She be Minister of Misinformation or Mismanagment of Finance? cheesy
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Rhino5dm: 6:56am On Dec 15, 2011
Oh! Blazay my suger lulu, where have you been? cool

Thank God you survived that winch TB Jashua. How many times una wan ban Blazay sef?

Lasinoh:

Wetin this wor-wor 'Reubena Abagana" woman dey tok?
Will wait for now?
Till when? grin

She be Minister of Misinformation or Mismanagment of Finance? cheesy
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by agabaI23(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2011
Jesus said, 'who shall I compare the children of this generation? A weddlding song was played and they would not dance. A funeral song did not please them either'
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by antartica(m): 7:42am On Dec 15, 2011
Gej seems like is the best of nigerian politica thieves so far,he tend listen to the cry of st.upid nigerians,made s.tupid by animals like obj,ibb and co. What do u murder.fuckers want? Nigeria system is corrupt down to the pastors puppits, it is not just gej,s problem.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2011
If after hullabaloo about how subsidy removal is the only way forward, knowing fully well that it's removal will hurt the vast majority of Nigerians ,more than the few who make up the oil cartel, this man decides, only a couple of days to back down for fear that their will be a mass uprising (not because he is even making the decision for the right reason . . . for the good of the Nigerian people), then I pray Nigerians understand then that this is not the kind of leader we need at this time in our development.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by antartica(m): 8:08am On Dec 15, 2011
Nigerians are not mentally developed yet to pay high cost,that is why they will rather bribe the NEPA meter reader to avoid paying their full bills for the little electricity they get,which in turn comes back to hunt them by making electricity more scarce. It is a never ending vicious circle. But always bear in mind peeps that good soup na money killam, what u give is what u get.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by EvilBrain1(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2011
The woman is lying. The subsidy has been removed and the savings have been used to pad the 2012 budget.

The new budget without subsidy is 6% higher than last year's which included over N600billion for it. If the government was still deciding whether to remove subsidy they would have kept some money aside to pay for it meaning that this budget should have been significantly smaller.

So unless GEJ is planning to illegally fund subsidy with N1 trillion naira of mostly debt this year then this story can't be true. I find it hard to believe that Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala is stûpid enough not to know this therefore, she must be lying through her teeth.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kx: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2011
May be he has decided to take the battle were it belongs- the fuel importers and dealers.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Rhino5dm: 9:25am On Dec 15, 2011
Ofcourse, we all know that the mooroon lacks any single functionable brain cell. They said the country will collapse if the fuel subsidy is not remove, only turn around and start putting objections in the middle of what they believed and held soooo much, as the only way out. Irony of reetards!!

So, who is the FOOOOOL here? The useless PDP-president that keeps on changing and editing what he said, by sluggishly applying his usual escape route of "I was mis-quoted or mis-understood"? Or the 22 million brainless Nigerans that put this air-head in Aso Rock?

Truely, they deserve this type of leaders!!!

"Na God send am","He is the Messiah","The man get LUCK oo","Na God Choose am". . .The ediots spewing all this trash are now stuck with abject poverty and glaring consequence of running a country on LUCK.

Lemme catch you chatting rubbish about the president you massively vote in grin.

Me, i no send you ooooo! cool

Kobojunkie:

If after hullabaloo about how subsidy removal is the only way forward, knowing fully well that it's removal will hurt the vast majority of Nigerians ,more than the few who make up the oil cartel, this man decides, only a couple of days to back down for fear that their will be a mass uprising (not because he is even making the decision for the right reason . . . for the good of the Nigerian people), then I pray Nigerians understand then that this is not the kind of leader we need at this time in our development.
^^^
Well Said! cool
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by don33310(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Jonadunce Goatluck and his to-and-fro retarrded policies. Coming from mumu that can't even take a stance when he announces the banned on super eagles, only to quickly revert and lick his vomit.

Surely, the most useless, clueless, stuupid president of all time is on board. Little wonder he laugh at any slight giving opportunity like a little pusssy!

The goons shouting and chanting fresh air mantra before elections, are stuck with the most brainless to ever occupy the Aso Rock. If he didn't perform as Deputy Governor,Governor,Vice President or even as lecturere, what difference do you think he make?

"We voted for GEJ not PDP ","Na God choose am ", "The man get LUCK ooo!". . .!!! !!!

I am in complete agreement with you.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Ofcourse, we all know that the mooroon lacks any single functionable brain cell. They said the country will collapse if the fuel subsidy is not remove, only turn around and start putting objections in the middle of what they believed and held soooo much, as the only way out. Irony of reetards!!

So, who is the FOOOOOL here? The useless PDP-president that keeps on changing and editing what he said, by sluggishly applying his usual escape route of "I was mis-quoted or mis-understood"? Or the 22 million brainless Nigerans that put this air-head in Aso Rock?

Truely, they deserve this type of leaders!!!

"Na God send am","He is the Messiah","The man get LUCK oo","Na God Choose am". . .The ediots spewing all this trash are now stuck with abject poverty and glaring consequence of running a country on LUCK.

Lemme catch you chatting rubbish about the president you massively vote in grin.

Me, i no send you ooooo! cool

^^^
Well Said! cool

Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by ifebosco: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2011
obowunmi:

Get rid of Goodluck like they did Ghaddafi.
he  was  elected  by  the  people  ghadddafi was a  dictator  im not  in  support  of  subsidy  removal
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by beafroast: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2011
una dey yarn against our presido ehn,make una no let presido house-boy BEAF rough mouth una o!   grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Lasinoh: 10:20am On Dec 15, 2011
Evil Brain:

[size=20pt]The woman is lying. The subsidy has been removed and the savings have been used to pad the 2012 budget.[/size]
The new budget without subsidy is 6% higher than last year's which included over N600billion for it. If the government was still deciding whether to remove subsidy they would have kept some money aside to pay for it meaning that this budget should have been significantly smaller.

So unless GEJ is planning to illegally fund subsidy with N1 trillion naira of mostly debt this year then this story can't be true. [size=20pt]I find it hard to believe that Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala is stûpid enough not to know this therefore, she must be lying through her teeth.[/size]

Gbam!This Brain evil nor be small!!! kiss

Rhino.5dm:

Oh! Blazay my suger lulu, where have you been? cool

Thank God you survived that winch TB Jashua. How many times una wan ban Blazay sef?

You don come again? cheesy
Mu he he he he
All these Alaye 'Yoruba' boys for disi NL huh?
I beg. . .make I close from work. . . make we begin post pissshure e jor.
I loved that session nor be small. I saved soooooooo many NL pictures my computer begin dey protest against wor-worism! grin
Dem even ban the thread 'along' with moi. . .YOU were spared by Mr And Mrs Nairaland? shocked
Na wa for NL-WI-FI. . . .HOT-"G"-SPOT. . . .CAP-POOOSIE-NO connections o!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_der_Waals_force#London_dispersion_force

My own na 'Van Der Wale' connections. . . aka "London Dispersion Forces". . . I swear!
Na you biko! grin
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jmaine: 10:42am On Dec 15, 2011
I want to believe those accusing him of being clueless, weak and unable to forge ahead with his subsidy removal decision are in support that subsidy must go from 1st Jan, 2011 . . .

Are my correct . . .
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by kokoA(m): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2011
Maybe they are yet to purchase the weapons that will be used to quell the probable revolt subsidy removal will trigger undecided Lets wait till the 900 billion naira 'defence' founds is approved first undecided
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 15, 2011
kokoA:

Maybe they are yet to purchase the weapons that will be used to quell the probable revolt subsidy removal will trigger undecided Lets wait till the 900 billion naira 'defence' founds is approved first undecided
Y else is he giving defence that much. But he fails to understand one thing, no amount of fire power can stop a revolution once its strated. Look at Egypt, dont they have a better defence than ours but did it stop the ppl. He should just do the right thing and provide a better standard of living for the ppl. He should also provide infrastructure, after that he can strat removing the subsidy. Almost al countries in the world enjoy one form of subsidy or the other so why cant our ppl enjoy it on fuel. Ok he said he wil subsidize power, but we dont have light we r still runnin on gen. And these gens r not powered by water, so who r they deceivin when almost 40% of the nigerians dont see nepa light for more than 6 hours in a day. The only thing they enjoy for free is FRESH AIR. That is y when he campaigned he used it as his slogan cos he knows that is the only thing ppl in dis country wil enjoy under his leadership. So enjoy ur FRESH AIR.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Rhino5dm: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2011
Oh! My suger lulu!

I really in-joy that e-kpekus way you give me that day grin

As a marra of fact, your waist na the koko, you sabi use am no be LIE. . .chei! Come see how Blazay dey control my condo with hin waist shocked professional-internationally-Nobel priced twisting of Kpekus tongue tongue . No wonda all those e-badu belle and e-jealosi dey worry my suger lulu. cheesy

anywayz, sweerie cheesy can i ride from the back? shocked grin grin

Lasinoh:

You don come again? cheesy
Mu he he he he
All these Alaye 'Yoruba' boys for disi NL huh?
I beg. . .make I close from work. . . make we begin post pissshure e jor.
I loved that session nor be small. I saved soooooooo many NL pictures my computer begin dey protest against wor-worism! grin
Dem even ban the thread 'along' with moi. . .YOU were spared by Mr And Mrs Nairaland? shocked
Na wa for NL-WI-FI. . . .HOT-"G"-SPOT. . . .CAP-POOOSIE-NO connections o!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_der_Waals_force#London_dispersion_force

My own na 'Van Der Wale' connections. . . aka "London Dispersion Forces". . . I swear!
Na you biko! grin
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by phantom(m): 12:08pm On Dec 15, 2011
This man should just leave that seat, he's making a big fool of himself.With his promise to remove the subsidy, i wasnt too sure if he was confused.But with this gradual 'backdown', he has totally removed ALL doubt,   This is NOT the leader we need.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2011
The fuel subsidy is not featured at all in the budget, yet some guguru brained lemmings think it has been suspended. The place is full of comedians!
You people should be at Eagle Square, carrying out your meaningless, directionless, ethnically bigotted "revolution."

Is it a surprise that whenever there are calls for ideologically driven and philosophically grounded changes (such as are embodied in the PIB or the bills put forward for true federalism), our unicellular brained (but "revolutionary" grin) nematodes are missing in action? Those are issues for real action, why don't we hear about "revolution" where they are concerened? Foolish people always seek ways to self-immolate for foolish reasons. embarassed

Lol!

Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by blacksta(m): 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

The fuel subsidy is not featured at all in the budget, yet some guguru brained lemmings think it has been suspended. The place is full of comedians!
You people should be at Eagle Square, carrying out your meaningless, directionless, ethnically bigotted "revolution."

Is it a surprise that whenever there are calls for ideologically driven and philosophically grounded changes (such as are embodied in the PIB or the bills put forward for true federalism), our unicellular brained (but "revolutionary" grin) nematodes are missing in action? Those are issues for real action, why don't we hear about "revolution" where they are concerened? Foolish people always seek ways to self-immolate for foolish reasons. embarassed

Lol!

You and i know that action is not worth the paper it was written on. The question remains why the mix message. One minute they have removed it and the next minute it is not removed. did they not consult before it was proposed to be removed.   How many more u truns fromn GEJ.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Gbawe: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2011
This budget will fail even more spectacularly than the "consolidation" budget of 2011 that performed very poorly despite sycophantic noise from the rabid GEJ fans who are only interesting in licking the azz of their highly mediocre and clueless god. As some warned of the hopelessness of the 2011 budget (see below) others have now condemned the 2012 budget. Needless to say, we all saw how the 2011 budget fared.

http://www.marxist.com/nigeria-2011-budget-man-on-edge-of-precipice.htm

Nigeria: 2011 Budget confirms the saying “a man on the edge of a precipice does not think”
Written by Ola Balogun in Lagos Monday, 10 January 2011
PrintE-mail

On Wednesday, 15th December 2010, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan presented the 2011 budget for the approval of the National Assembly. The budget has been nicknamed “budget of consolidation”. The nickname, is a source of concern for every thinking Nigerian. For, what are we consolidating?

Five thousand Nigeria children between the ages of 1 to 5 die annually, and, as if this were not enough, the probability that a Nigerian woman will die during childbirth is 12 times the world average, simply because of large scale poverty and the deplorable state of our health facilities. Over 10 million Nigerian youth of basic school age are roaming the streets because of lack of access to free and quality education. The unemployment rate in Nigeria, which is placed at 43%, is one of the highest in the world. How can it be otherwise when the manufacturing sector which used to be over 14% of the GDP in the 1980s is now less than 1% of GDP. It is estimated that Nigeria will need 174,000 Megawatts of electricity to power its size and industrial growth, but has actually been struggling between 2000 to 3000 Megawatts. Therefore, if the 2011 budget is truly a budget of consolidation, Nigerians need to quietly tighten their belts, because tougher times actually lie ahead.
Fat cats continue to cut the lion share

Despite the N45bn slashed from the total budgetary allocation to the National Assembly in the 2011 federal budget, the fat cats still continue to parasitically consume our collective wealth. This cut came amid the public outcry over the jumbo salaries and allocations being received by the legislators. N156bn allocated to the National Assembly in the 2010 budget has been cut to N111.23bn in the 2011 budget; the further breakdown shows that N108.03bn is for recurrent expenditure. The Ministry of Education which receives the highest recurrent expenditure among MDAs in the budget will get N304.3bn; legislators who just numbered 560 received over 36% of the amount meant for over 3.1 million productively working salary earners.

Rather than tackling the developmental programmes, the policy of bribing and corrupting Niger Delta militants will still continue unabated in 2011 according to the budget. N78.52bn is allocated for the payment of “stipends” to repentant ex-militants. This amount is almost twice the total amount allocated as the wage bill for federal civil servants in the budget. Despite the recent wage adjustment for civil servants, occasioned by the recent wage increment as agreed between the Federal Government and organized labour, the total package is expected to take a paltry N41.49bn. Almost a million civil servants will have to manage with N41.49bn despite the over 50% increment, while 560 legislators will have “to manage” with N111.23bn in spite of the N45bn cut from last year’s figure and less than a thousand ex-militants will have to share N78.52bn. What sort of fair society are we living in?

However, N542bn is earmarked for debt servicing in the 2011 budget alone. This amount is more than the total allocation for education and health combined. The main insult upon this injury is that in 2006, Obsanjo’s government celebrated an end to the debt burden. The celebrations were so elaborate that it was estimated they cost N2.4bn in the entertainment of guests alone. Between 2006 and 2010 a debt of over $32bn has been re-accumulated. It is crystal clear that there is really nothing visible to justify this huge debt. What we have been witnessing is the ongoing collapse of the social infrastructure and the unending attacks on the condition of the working class.

The Nigerian ruling class is incapable of existing without accumulating outrageous debt; they consume immensely without being productive. Their only source of amassing wealth remains the public coffers. Corruption is a symptom of a decaying, inept and absolutely inefficient ruling class. The source of the crisis remains their backwardness, greed and profit seeking which accurately describes the capitalist system, the system Nigerian ruling class has sworn to aggressively defend.

[size=14pt]Where are we going from here?
[/size]
With over 89% of the national wealth belonging to the less than 1% of super rich Nigerians, Nigeria has one of the highest inequality rates in the world. And rather than the 2011 budget closing the gap, it will further widen it. With over 50% of capital expenditure going into servicing debt on loans that we cannot trace, it means the journey to meaningful infrastructural development is still a long way ahead. If the N45bn cut from legislators’ salary were spent on civil servants’ wages this would have guaranteed the demanded N52, 000 minimum-wage. Just as we have said in many of our previous editions, it is mere economic forgery that an increment in the salary of workers will inevitably lead to inflation; what we are asking for is a fair distribution of our collective wealth and not the printing of more money.

With over 83% of expected revenue coming from oil, the Nigerian ruling class cares nothing about what happens to other sectors of the economy, as long as oil continues to flow. This explains why they can keep bribing “ex militants” with such huge amounts. If the price of oil goes down this whole set up enters a deep crisis. The budget is predicated on $65 per barrel, and anything below this is enough to destabilise the arrangement.

[size=18pt]If we leave the present crop of Nigerian ruling class to continue ruling for the next 100 years, things will only go from bad to worse. Nigeria is in dire need of a new leadership, a leadership that will value labour over profit, that is, the living over the dead; a leadership that will focus on the creation of wealth and not the consumption of the sweat of others, that is, a leadership that will be based on socialism and not this blood-thirsty retrogressive capitalist system. What is required is a leadership that consists of the most advanced, intelligent, heroic and talented vanguard of the working class and not on the present inept, foolish, inefficient capitalist class that have held us down for the past 50 years.
[/size]
Source: Workers' Alternative (Nigeria)
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2011
I am against its removal, but this man has to go ahead with his subsidy removal plan come January 1st 2012. He has resisted every call to instead attack the problem at the root, and that is the corruption that plagues the distribution process. He has insisted from the beginning that the only way forward is for subsidy to be removed. He needs to follow through with this plan because Nigerians need to get a severe taste of what their choices can lead to. Who knows, fairies could show up and make all well . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jude33084(m): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2011
They should concentrate on either building more refinaries or making d existing ones to have full production capacity,, and stop importation of d refined products b4 removing d subsidy.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am against its removal, but this man has to go ahead with his subsidy removal plan come January 1st 2012. He has resisted every call to instead attack the problem at the root, and that is the corruption that plagues the distribution process. He has insisted from the beginning that the only way forward is for subsidy to be removed. He needs to follow through with this plan because Nigerians need to get a severe taste of what their choices can lead to. Who knows, fairies could show up and make all well . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are being absurd . . . .

If his actions will affect only the people who voted him in then you reasoning might be justified. But we all know that it wont.

Dont think because you don't live in Nigeria you have the right to rejoice over our misfortunes. That's just crul . . . undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Didn't Come To Office With Empty Brain - Tony Momoh / Press Release: INEC Okays Resumption Of Political Campaigns / Senator Florence Ita-Giwa And Super Women Declare Support For Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.