Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,440 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala (13878 Views)

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2011
jason123:

And it did develop when OBJ was there? C'mon beaf, you and I know it has to do with the governors of the individual states. GEJ is a national leader and can't be seen as partisan to any region of the country. The main ND states that have always been on point and will remain on point is Rivers, CR, Akwa-Ibom, Delta and Edo. Bayelsa, where GEJ comes from, has not changed much.

Why are you such a confused i.diot? You asked a simple question if ND is developing now GEJ is there and you got your answer, Yes. Now you are saying it is the governors. Why do you dilly-dally so much? Cant you at least be stable for a minute? Of course you cannot because you are not arguing objectively but on a tribal platform. You have to make the guy look bad, or you will look bad yourself. This is a typical ACN trait.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

The governors are doing their own thing, but the FG projects are moving at the right pace for the first time in our history. Also, we have had several thousand trained abroad in various disciplines to suit the oil sector primarily. Its good, dude.

I am sure other sections would have felt a difference too, but its for them to post.

And this has got to do with ethnicity?? undecided . So Beaf, the average Ndeltan is better off now? Btw, according to the info I get here from most Deltans I meet, it is the private companies that sponsor them (that has been happening before GEJ got there) and it has nothing to do with the government (FG, that is). Yes, I know about the training programs for the militants but did that not start with Yaradua(a non-Ndeltan) coupled with the amnesty program?

Not saying all this is not good if true but what has all this got to do with ethnicity?
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2011
^
It has nothing to do with ethnicity. Where did I say it had?
The fact is that there is development which you questioned.

By the way, the amnesty is 100% GEJ's idea, Yar Adua was more at home spending $3.3billion to arm the JTF to smash the Niger Delta. When that failed and the oil dried out, the clowns in power drafted GEJ to draw up the programme. Learn your own history.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

Why are you such a confused i.diot? You asked a simple question if ND is developing now GEJ is there and you got your answer, Yes. Now you are saying it is the governors. Why do you dilly-dally so much? Cant you at least be stable for a minute? Of course you cannot because you are not arguing objectively but on a tribal platform. You have to make the guy look bad, or you will look bad yourself. This is a typical ACN trait.

Lol, see who is taking about objectivity. You mentioned "tribes", I didn't; yet, you feel you have the moral right to talk about objectivity?? You are probably one of those drop-outs. If not, you'll not chat this poo like an untrained lab rat.

Btw, me ACN?? You must be having a laugh. If you know me and my family (politically in Nigeria), you'll know to retract that statement. But because of party affiliations, I simply cannot throw away my conscience! I don't do my thing like that for I have a higher judge(GOD)!

Talk about stability; put on your thinking cap for a moment, can a "stable man" (according to your context) be objective?? Think about it?? I think intelligence is your problem. Do you lack iodine or zinc is your body? C'mon man, use your head.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

^

By the way, the amnesty is 100% GEJ's idea, Yar Adua was more at home spending $3.3billion to arm the JTF to smash the Niger Delta. When that failed and the oil dried out, the clowns in power drafted GEJ to draw up the programme.

Thanks for the first paragraph! cool

On the second paragraph, I'm just hearing it for the first time. Can you back it up?
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

^

By the way, the amnesty is 100% GEJ's idea, Yar Adua was more at home spending $3.3billion to arm the JTF to smash the Niger Delta. When that failed and the oil dried out, the clowns in power drafted GEJ to draw up the programme.
So pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaase enlighten us cos from where i stand i cant see any development for now.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

^

By the way, the amnesty is 100% GEJ's idea, Yar Adua was more at home spending $3.3billion to arm the JTF to smash the Niger Delta. When that failed and the oil dried out, the clowns in power drafted GEJ to draw up the programme. Learn your own history.
why do like giving gej all the credit for what he did not and can not do. Today as we speak the guy no fit go his own state talk less of brokering peace. give me a break!!!!!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 11:10pm On Dec 15, 2011
^
Dude, we are not talking about boiling moi moi here. Keep quiet and learn, because unlike you, I am well versed with verifiable knowledge.

jason123:

Thanks for the first paragraph! cool

On the second paragraph, I'm just hearing it for the first time. Can you back it up?

The bolded has got to be a joke. I do not expect any educated person from the ND not to be able to back the fact of Yar Adua's crude, slave master approach to the problems in the ND. Perhaps, you also do not know that when stack failure stared him in the face, rather than evaluate more rational methods, he ran off to the US and signed what he thought was a deal with George Bush for AFRICOM to come in, build a base in Port Harcourt and smash up your village.
Luckily for us, the US saw what was going on in the ND as the highest oppression. It is worthy of note that that view still holds today, Hilary Clinton boldly called for Nigeria to hold a "national discussion" during the Yar Adua saga and later claimed that the ND is like occupied territory by the rest of Nigeria.

Learn your own history.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2011
ib55:

why do like giving gej all the credit for what he did not and can not do. Today as we speak the guy no fit go his own state talk less of brokering peace. give me a break!!!!!

GEJ cannot go to his own state? You must be reading the Nation or Sahara Reporters. When Bayelsa people used pure water to pelt Sylva, who saved him from the embarrassment? You have no clue. You think Yaradua cared about anybody in ND? Amnesty is a child of GEJ with the support of Aliemasegha. It was a recommendation from a committee that was setup to look into the ND crisis. The report was ignored until the whole ND was grounded by the militants and the oil production fell to an all time low of 700, 000 barrels per day. The government was between the devil and the deep blue sea. Yaradua had no choice but to ask that it be implemented. If Yaradua was really interested, he would have implemented the report when it was initially presented. Please ask questions if you dont know. Thank you
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

^
Dude, we are not talking about boiling moi moi here. Keep quiet and learn, because unlike you, I am well versed with verifiable knowledge.

The bolded has got to be a joke. I do not expect any educated person from the ND not to be able to back the fact of Yar Adua's crude, slave master approach to the problems in the ND. Perhaps, you also do not know that when stack failure stared him in the face, rather than evaluate more rational methods, he ran off to the US and signed what he thought was a deal with George Bush for AFRICOM to come in, build a base in Port Harcourt and smash up your village.
Luckily for us, the US saw what was going on in the ND as the highest oppression. It is worthy of note that that view still holds today, Hilary Clinton boldly called for Nigeria to hold a "national discussion" during the Yar Adua saga and later claimed that the ND is like occupied territory by the rest of Nigeria.

Learn your own history.

I have heard you but can you please proved evidence that GEJ was the one that drafted the amnesty program instead of Yar'adua. I'll be interested to know the info because that is not what I have been reading:

one notable achievement for which Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar'Adua will be remembered is the defusing of tension in the Niger Delta region through the Amnesty programme.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201005061119.html

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5430926-146/Yar%27Adua_declares_amnesty_for_militants_.csp
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

^
since you have the knowledge educate me now! i am hear to learn.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

GEJ cannot go to his own state? You must be reading the Nation or Sahara Reporters. When Bayelsa people used pure water to pelt Sylva, who saved him from the embarrassment? You have no clue. You think Yaradua cared about anybody in ND? Amnesty is a child of GEJ with the support of Aliemasegha. It was a recommendation from a committee that was setup to look into the ND crisis. The report was ignored until the whole ND was grounded by the militants and the oil production fell to an all time low of 700, 000 barrels per day. The government was between the devil and the deep blue sea. Yaradua had no choice but to ask that it be implemented. If Yaradua was really interested, he would have implemented the report when it was initially presented. Please ask questions if you dont know. Thank you
tell me when was the last time he went to his state? go ask anybody who knew yar'aduwa when he was gov he had the thugs on his payroll. So he knows how to keep the militants down better than anyone.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

Another silly person on Nairaland

mumu pesin, f-ing bigots

respect to my Igbo people but people on NL are making ur people look stu.pid cry cry cry

another iddeiot had to go form an ID just to let out his tribalistic side.

What a waste unegbe
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2011
alj_harem:

Another silly person on Nairaland

mumu pesin, f-ing bigots

respect to my Igbo people but people on NL are making your people look stu.pid cry cry cry

another iddeiot had to go form an ID just to let out his tribalistic side.

What a waste unegbe

The highlighted is exactly what happened!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2011
Beaf:

^

Learn your own history.

beaf you have started again o

Stop lying against Yardua.  angry
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 11:27pm On Dec 15, 2011
the mumu called the dmainboss don log off

stu.pid bigot.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jmaine: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
ib55:

tell me when was the last time he went to his state? go ask anybody who knew yar'aduwa when he was gov[b] he had the thugs [/b]on his payroll. So he knows how to keep the militants down better than anyone.

Abeg tell us more . . .cos the operation code named Aaron  by MEND crippled the oil industry after Tom Polo Camp 5 and Gbaramatu kingdom destroyed were destroyed by the JTF . . .So Yar Adua was a hard core man . .interesting . .abeg i dey wait for the tory o!  grin
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 11:32pm On Dec 15, 2011
Iweala the thinker smiley

I think Iweala understands the subsidy issue more than GEJ and co. I like the approach she is taking.

She should rethink it well before removing any subsidy

She should also take various factors into account such as the net increase in other commodity etc
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2011
alj_harem:

the mumu called the dmainboss don log off

stu.pid bigot.

You have been found out and you are trying to hide under insults abi? It wont save your a.ss. You are nothing but a tribal b.igot trying to sell a tribal agenda. No matter how you hide, it is still very glaring. Throwing insult around wont help you. Sorry!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^^ Keep shut! Who introduced tribalism to this thread?! Some of you guys should be banned for y=using technology because you are destructive instead of constructive.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

You have been found out and you are trying to hide under insults abi? It wont save your behind. You are nothing but a tribal b.igot trying to sell a tribal agenda. No matter how you hide, it is still very glaring. Throwing insult around wont help you. Sorry!

abeg go siddon. How can the PEOPLE/ Populist/ Nairalander be scared/afraid of criticise our president  so we would not be called bigots ?

Shut it mumu and go sleep if u have nothing better to contribute.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
Have you ever criticized Fashola one day on NL? No you havent. Why? He is your tribesman. Have you ever commended one action of GEJ? No you havent. Why? He is not your tribesman. Stu.pid hypocrite trying to sell a hollier than thou crap to us but you are sooooo transparent, i feel sorry for you. GEJ is your president, deal with it!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2011
jmaine:

Abeg tell us more . . .cos the operation code named Aaron  by MEND crippled the oil industry after Tom Polo Camp 5 and Gbaramatu kingdom destroyed were destroyed by the JTF . . .So Yar Adua was a hard core man . .interesting . .abeg i dey wait for the tory o!  grin
i mean the thugs in his state not the once in ND. he knew ppl r just causing problems cos they are unemployed and can not provide for their basic needs. So he puts them on his payroll, that's what we call social security. He applied the same thing to the ND when he became president and the rest is history.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by Beaf: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
jason123:

I have heard you but can you please proved evidence that GEJ was the one that drafted the amnesty program instead of Yar'adua. I'll be interested to know the info because that is not what I have been reading:

This is a recent eyewitness account to some of the intrigues that gave birth to the amnesty. The fact that GEJ is quiet and unassuming should not allow any ND person live a lie and believe that Yar Adua who bombed villages from the sea, land and air, a man who carried out crusades that saw old women openly rap'ed in the streets somehow came to a humane deal with the ND. That revision of history has to stop:

[size=14pt]Why Jonathan visited Tompolo’s militant camp in 2009 – Kuku[/size]
Emma Amaize

12 October 2011, France, PARIS- Special Adviser to the President on Niger-Delta and Chairman, Presidential Amnesty Committee, Kingsley Kuku has explained the circumstances surrounding the visit of President Goodluck Jonathan to the dreaded militant den, Camp 5, in Delta State in 2009.

President Goodluck Jonathan who was then vice president had visited the dreaded militant den, Camp 5 to confer with ex-militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, and other Niger-Delta agitators.

Kuku, who was one of the three persons that boarded a presidential jet with Dr. Jonathan from Abuja to Warri and proceeded with a boat, guarded by militants from Escravos to the den, where former militant leaders from across the region were waiting for him, said it was to save the Niger-Delta region from being destroyed by the military.

The special adviser who spoke at a programme in Paris with the French Institute of International Relations, facilitated by the Hope for Niger-Delta Campaign, HNDC, a Non Governmental Organization, NGO, based in The Netherlands, founded by Comrade Sunny Ofehe., said that nobody, including the nation’s top security chiefs , gave him (Jonathan) a chance of returning to Abuja alive because of the fear of militants.

Kuku gave the glory of the final declaration of amnesty to the late Yar’Adua and said the former President had already given the military the red flag to commence a cleansing operation, but it was put on hold against security advice following the counsel of his deputy, Dr. Jonathan that he should be given a last minute opportunity to reach out to the leaders of the fighters.

“You cannot separate former President Yar’Adua from President Goodluck Jonathan in terms of the amnesty programme , we owe the glory of the amnesty programme to Yar’Adua, the military had been given the red flag to commence cleansing military operation in the Niger Delta when President Jonathan, against security advice, choose to go to the dreaded Camp 5.”

“The President told him, Mr. Vice President, you cannot go to the Niger-Delta, even Britain, everybody had written a no visit order to their citizens at the time. He (Jonathan) was given a last minute opportunity when he volunteered to go to the creek to ensure that without war, this matter is resolved. Against all odds, the President told him if you think the military should not be used, you go home and talk to your brothers.

[b]Again, I was privileged to be one of the three persons that boarded a presidential aircraft without security with him from Abuja to Delta, took an helicopter to Escravos and from Escravos, went by boat, guided and guarded by the ex-agitators and their threatening guns and ammunition, we went to their camp and discussed, peace was extracted at that moment and we came back, by the time the vice president returned, so many people did not believe that he was going to return”, he asserted.

Kuku explained that it was Jonathan’s gallantry and peace that was extracted that emboldened President Yar’Adua to say, “Well it means it (amnesty) is possible, so let us proclaim it. It was actually a test proclamation that was made, it was Jonathan that actually counseled by physically visiting and ensuring that peace was extracted and we got about the Roadmap to Peace Committee, the Technical Committee on Niger-Delta and everything came on board and amnesty was proclaimed June 25”.

“Interestingly, our late President had an opportunity never to accept t or to accept he counsel of his vice president. But he accepted because he believed while he lived the fact that Niger-Delta had suffered so much and needed attention in terms of development. Today, he is no more, but two years of our marking amnesty, we gave him the glory”, he stated.[/b]

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2011/10/12/why-jonathan-visited-tompolos-militant-camp-in-2009-%E2%80%93-kuku/
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2011
jason123:

^^^ Keep shut! Who introduced tribalism to this thread?! Some of you guys should be banned for y=using technology because you are destructive instead of constructive.

Lol! Adamu! Thats what we call people like you where I come from. You introduced tribalism into the thread when you decided to insult GEJ without reason. The topic was supposed to be a commendable one but you found a way to turn it into a bad thing because that is what you lot do. You are promoting a tribal agenda and you have been found out. Deal with it!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 11:43pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

Have you ever criticized Fashola one day on NL?

stu.pid mumu, YES WE HAVE CRITICISED FASHOLA before. Ever single person on this thread have criticised fashola so shut it becos you are sounding dumber by the miunte.

I alj_harem am the greatest critic of Fashola and ACN based on what I see. If I see nothing wrong in fashola why should I criticise him ? Are you this stu.pid really ?

So you think people just criticise for the sake of it ?
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 11:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

Lol! Adamu! Thats what we call people like you where I come from. You introduced tribalism into the thread when you decided to insult GEJ without reason. The topic was supposed to be a commendable one but you found a way to turn it into a bad thing because that is what you lot do. You are promoting a tribal agenda and you have been found out. Deal with it!

shut it and stop posting to jason

It is me and you now so leave jason. mumu

why did you introduce ur stu.pidity to this tread ?

and what is wrong with ur former ID ?
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

Please, I take God beg you, SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE EVER INSULTED GEJ! You are a moro.n filled with hate. Because I spoke out, I must be Yoruba. Thats how that Musiwa was calling me Igbo the other day.  grin . You guys get serious issues. It goes to show that I have been talking to a bipolar. Wahala dey!
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2011
alj_harem:

stu.pid mumu, YES WE HAVE CRITICISED FASHOLA before. Ever single person on this thread have criticised fashola so shut it becos you are sounding dumber by the miunte.

I alj_harem am the greatest critic of Fashola and ACN based on what I see. If I see nothing wrong in fashola why should I criticise him ? Are you this stu.pid really ?

Yes people like you criticize for the sake of it because you are promoting a tribal agenda. You think we havent been reading your posts. One day I will paste them all over your face. Print dont lie.
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by jason123: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2011
alj_harem:

That is the problem my brother. If you criticize, you must be this or that. grin grin grin. I am sure you have realised that intelligence is this guy's problem
Welcome to NL where ethnicity dictates whether you can criticize or not. cheesy
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by dmainboss: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2011
jason123:

Please, I take God beg you, SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE EVER INSULTED GEJ! You are a moro.n filled with hate. Because I spoke out, I must be Yoruba. Thats how that Musiwa was calling me Igbo the other day.  grin . You guys get serious issues. It goes to show that I have been talking to a bipolar. Wahala dey!

So when you call your president a retard, it is not an insult in your village abi? Or the show of respect in your village is that poor? Who is filled with hate? Me or you who decided to castigate GEJ even when he did something the whole Nigeria has been asking him to do: that is shelve the fuel subsidy thing for a while. Tell me now?
Re: Subsidy To Wait For Now –okonjo-iweala by aljharem3: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2011
dmainboss:

Yes people like you criticize for the sake of it because you are promoting a tribal agenda. You think we havent been reading your posts. One day I will paste them all over your face. Print dont lie.

mumu, see him mouth. When did you join Nairaland to know my comments ?

what was ur former ID or are you scared ?

Beaf is above u why not ask him if I do what u said ?

Fuel subsidy is something that affects me so I am very proactive about it. It his decision would affect me negativly, then I would talk unlike a f-ing bigot like you that would see the ethnicity the president is from.

but one question and be sincere about it, Are you people this tribal and stu.pid ? cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Unveils List Of National Convention Committee Members / Kogi Elections: Plot To Disqualify Musa Wada Ongoing, 20M Bribe agreed - PDP / No Date Yet For Border Reopening – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.