Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,684 members, 7,854,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

So Men Gossip Too! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So Men Gossip Too! (2748 Views)

Do Men Gossip? / Do Men Gossip More Than Women? / Why Do Women Love To Gossip and blame it on Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Men Gossip Too! by tpia5: 2:26am On Dec 16, 2011
Hope armed robbers arent posing as his friends while discussing how to do away with him when he's not there.

Loose lips sink ships.
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by MrsChima1(f): 4:12am On Dec 16, 2011
MarcAnthon:

Lol. Apparently she doesn't have any idea the kind of things men talk about when we're with our friends, esp close ones. That's why it's strange to her.

What do you guys talk about? Don't lie!
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by MarcAnthon(m): 5:06am On Dec 16, 2011
Women, politics, sports. In no particular order, depending on the mood. How gory d details get depends on how close the friends are. Career too.
Now u know.
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by MrsChima1(f): 5:10am On Dec 16, 2011
MarcAnthon:

Women, politics, sports. In no particular order, depending on the mood. How gory d details get depends on how close the friends are. Career too.
Now u know.

"Women" huh?  Come on, you can do better than that.  I know SAFO would tell you not to bring out the players' secrets but you and I know, men get really deep on other "subjects".   wink

Did you try the Ramen noodle dish recipe I shared with you?
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Dsense(m): 5:13am On Dec 16, 2011
OP.

The man is such a shameless man . . and i think the lady needs wasting no time but to find her way out.
just before she got surprised tho
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Goldieluks: 5:20am On Dec 16, 2011
The man has no respect for his marital relationship,what a fool he is for talking about
his wife in such despicable manner,no love for her at all,he's too focused on s3x and it is the likes of
him that accepts anything under skirt,cause he already placed himself in a vulnerable position.
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by MarcAnthon(m): 5:20am On Dec 16, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

"Women" huh?  Come on, you can do better than that.  I know SAFO would tell you not to bring out the players' secrets but you and I know, men get really deep on other "subjects".   wink

Did you try the Ramen noodle dish recipe I shared with you?  
Was why I said something abt gory details. Beyond that, sorry my lips are sealed.
Abt the recipe, no not yet. Until Saturday. Have no time weekdays. Looking forward to it tho.
Btw, I came, but the gateman told me there was another gentleman inside and u were not to be disturbed.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by MrsChima1(f): 5:48am On Dec 16, 2011
MarcAnthon:

Was why I said something abt gory details. Beyond that, sorry my lips are sealed.
Abt the recipe, no not yet. Until Saturday. Have no time weekdays. Looking forward to it tho.
Btw, I came, but the gateman told me there was another gentleman inside and u were not to be disturbed.
shocked shocked shocked

Oh!  Oga Chima came home early than expected.  (clearing throat) Better luck next time!   lipsrsealed

Gateman knows not to snitch, I got something on his arse! angry
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Chimezie198(m): 6:10am On Dec 16, 2011
MarcAnthon:

shocked shocked shocked

MouthAction,
bro aint u gots plate to wash?
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2011
Op, this is a clear case of the kettle calling pot black. Whot did she just do, Is it confiding in u or gossiping her husband equally? Have u seen the negative reactions you have created now and nursing concerning the husband?
As a good woman,she could have shielded sensitive family issues away from people like you who will take it to the market square(nairaland)for deliberations.
Before a man open up on his friend on anything,the have a trust bond. the discussion was only on sex,let ur friend evasdrop more maybe on religious ground or faith,and she will definately sing a different tone
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Maximip(m): 10:53am On Dec 16, 2011
WTF!!! why shouldn't the man talk. So you want him to die by keeping all his problems to himself.

The truth is some women are not fun to talk to. The guy said it all in his statements. He likes naughty, his wife is
forming SU not agreeing to an earlier suggestion he gave hence he has given up. It's probably a waste of time
talking about it to his wife. This is the only way she would make changes.

Although I think talking about your wife makes it easy for people to disrespect her.
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:33am On Dec 16, 2011
wink wink wink wink

190_@:

cool cool
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2011
Maximip:

WTF!!! why shouldn't the man talk. So you want him to die by keeping all his problems to himself.

The truth is some women are not fun to talk to. The guy said it all in his statements. He likes naughty, his wife is
forming SU not agreeing to an earlier suggestion he gave hence he has given up. It's probably a waste of time
talking about it to his wife. This is the only way she would make changes.

Although I think talking about your wife makes it easy for people to disrespect her.

What happens in a couple's home should STAY in that home regardless, unless one fears for their lives jor.

Talking about one's supposed 'better half' in such disrespectful manner to an outsider not only exposes their flaws but shows how much of a snake in the grass the mouthy partner is.  In fact if I were his friend I would slowly but surely sever close ties with him because if he can talk about his WIFE like that, there would be no doubt in my mind that what ever I say to him in confidentiality will turn gossip.  As hard as it is for a lot of women to find a husband much less be toasted, some of us go out of our way for a nice catch and have self esteem issues, the last thing a woman needs to be belittled by the man she needs the most to show her unconditional love.

If he feels like his wife will not compromise then if it bothers him that much he should either seek another method to help bring her out, confide in her family (pref. parents if they'll have it) or perhaps file for divorce but never discuss his issues with outsiders. Same goes for women!!!! Cos we all know how it is with us. . . grin

Woman tells another woman she has a strange pimple on her chin, like the game of 'Telephone', by the time it gets back to her the talk will be that she has throat cancer, smh.  grin
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Maximip(m): 11:55am On Dec 16, 2011
^^^^^
grin how do you tell your parents (ie father-in-law) that his daughter is not naughty enough. Guys usually have different advicers
for different problems. If it's sex related, it can't be the parents.

By popular definition, this is not even gossip. The guy just happens to be too-trusting and talkative. He probably told the
friend in confidence. If it's a very trust worthy friend, I don't see too much harm in it. If the friend tells another and the gist
starts getting distorted that it becomes gossip (i hope smiley)

Some ladies even tell their pastors more detailed stuff in the name of counseling. we can't call that gossip, can we?

Some men are very frustrated and disturbed by their wives that they act irrationally sometimes. A man has to talk to sm1. If
he can't talk to his wife, someone else will hear it.
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2011
BTW @ op, how did u know the wife tries her best to satisfy him?

because she said so, and naturally as the friendly neighborhood amebor, everything she says is the truth?

she must have really tried, hence y the man is still bitching to his friend about her terrible performances.

and thats not gossip, thats bitching! now instead of making amends of her ways, she is narrating to u the friendly amebor. and is her telling u sef not equal to what the man was doing? or since when did u become a member of the household?

TELL HER TO GO AND DO HER HUSBAND WELL WELL< HE IS ON THE VERGE OF WANDERING TO ENJOY WHAT HIS FRIENDS ARE ENJOYING!!
amebor oshi tongue tongue
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by sugardaddy1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2011
4llerbuntu:

BTW @ op, how did u know the wife tries her best to satisfy him?

because she said so, and naturally as the friendly neighborhood amebor, everything she says is the truth?

she must have really tried, hence y the man is still bitching to his friend about her terrible performances.

and thats not gossip, thats bitching!   now instead of making amends of her ways, she is narrating to u the friendly amebor. and is her telling u sef not equal to what the man was doing? or since when did u become a member of the household?

TELL HER TO GO AND DO HER HUSBAND WELL WELL[b]< HE IS ON THE VERGE OF WANDERING TO ENJOY WHAT HIS FRIENDS ARE ENJOYING!!  [/b]
amebor oshi tongue tongue
cool cool cool
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2011
Maximip:

^^^^^
grin how do you tell your parents (ie father-in-law) that his daughter is not naughty enough.

MsDarkSkin:

If he feels like his wife will not compromise then if it bothers him that much he should either seek another method to help bring her out, confide in her family (pref. parents if they'll have it) or perhaps file for divorce but never discuss his issues with outsiders.

in other words if it is appropriate. Note the other options i've put beside them.

Guys usually have different advicers for different problems. If it's sex related, it can't be the parents.

i am talking about compromising. You can get advice without being too detailed. Don't say "it's a Nigerian/African thing" like some folks on here like to use as a cop out. No two ppl are alike. Some ppl are more open than others. Surely there are ways to work it out than to tell your "bff" who in the even that you two have a fall out will no have more ammo to throw your way!  tongue

By popular definition, this is not even gossip.

someone needs to tell Dictionary.com that. . .
"gos·sip   [gos-uhp]  Show IPA noun, verb, -siped or -sipped, -sip·ing or -sip·ping.
noun
[size=18pt]1.[/size] idle talk or rumor, especially about the personal or private affairs of others: the endless gossip about Hollywood stars.

2. light, familiar talk or writing.

3. Also, gos·sip·er, gos·sip·per. a person given to tattling or idle talk.

4. Chiefly British Dialect . a godparent.

5. Archaic . a friend, especially a woman."

is off.  tongue

The guy just happens to be too-trusting and talkative. He probably told the friend in confidence. If it's a very trust worthy friend, I don't see too much harm in it. If the friend tells another and the gist starts getting distorted that it becomes gossip (i hope  smiley)

According to the definition above, once the private business of a third party is discussed it becomes gossip.
Being a true friend the guy WOULD hear what the other man has to say, as he did, and advice him to take it easy and list some possible solutions. Once he realizes his friend prefers to continue with the wife bashing, then again as a friend to the *WIFE, he should opt to change the subject.

*in a true marriage husband and wife are one, so what is the other's becomes that of the next, from possessions to associates.

Some ladies even tell their pastors more detailed stuff in the name of counseling. we can't call that gossip, can we? 

urrmmm. . .
MsDarkSkin:

What happens in a couple's home should STAY in that home regardless, unless one fears for their lives jor.

. . . .As hard as it is for a lot of women to find a husband much less be toasted, some of us go out of our way for a nice catch and have self esteem issues, the last thing a woman needs to be belittled by the man she needs the most to show her unconditional love.

. . . . Same goes for women!!!!

Some men are very frustrated and disturbed by their wives that they act irrationally sometimes. A man has to talk to sm1. If he can't talk to his wife, someone else will hear it.

like i said talking to the friend is cool but it's the manner of which he did so that i have a problem with though i would prefer he kept in the home. Saying:

"bro i don't mean to be blunt or rude but i have issues with my wife compromising . She is slowly changing from the hot, spicy woman that I married to a busy body who is too busy for me. I would love for us to be more romantic and affectionate but I don't know how to go about bringing it up to her or how to make it right without offending my wife. Don't get me wrong she('s) ____________LIST COMPLIMENTS HERE!!! GOTTA HAVE THE COMPLIMENTS, IT CHANGES THE WHOLE MOOD TO THE CONVERSATION______________. That is why I married her, I love and adore my wife, but I want the spark that we once had back."

Is COMPLETELY different from what he said, and I can only imagine he said so at the top of his lungs and full of dramatic gestures.  tongue
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by MrsChima1(f): 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2011
I disagree!No, I don't but the haters can't stand when I agree with you. grin
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2011
^^ grin grin lol @ mrs. chima sef!!
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by MrsChima1(f): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2011
I get your point because men and women do confide in their closest friends or "supposed" to be friends about situations in their lives.  I think people confuse confiding and asking for help with gossiping. 

Backbiting/gossiping is malicious intent to cause confusion, drama, and unrest at targeted subjects however confiding and asking for opinions are different and genuine.  It is difficult for married couples to seek help outside of their marriage because people have been conditioned that what stays in the marriage should stay there however I don't think asking a TRUSTED FRIEND/FAMILY MEMBER is wrong. 

It is all about the wording and disclosure.
Re: So Men Gossip Too! by Maximip(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

"bro i don't mean to be blunt or rude but i have issues with my wife compromising . She is slowly changing from the hot, spicy woman that I married to a busy body who is too busy for me. I would love for us to be more romantic and affectionate but I don't know how to go about bringing it up to her or how to make it right without offending my wife. Don't get me wrong she('s) ____________[b]LIST COMPLIMENTS HERE!!! GOTTA HAVE THE COMPLIMENTS, IT CHANGES THE WHOLE MOOD TO THE CONVERSATION[/b]______________. That is why I married her, I love and adore my wife, but I want the spark that we once had back."

Is COMPLETELY different from what he said, and I can only imagine he said so at the top of his lungs and full of dramatic gestures.  tongue

smiley of course now. you cant be that formal with the gist, he has to make
it dramatic and as entertaining as possible grin. He also doesn't need to list compliments. maybe the friend was there before he even married
the wife and has already suffered ear bleeding hearing how amazing the wife is (or was).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Definition Of A Wife? / What Should I Do? Urgent Advise Needed!!!!!!!!!! / Love Tall And Fair Girls,but My Fiancee Is Short And Dark.please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.