Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (42316 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by maclatunji: 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
jennykadry:

Leave them be. You don't expect them to snap out of it just like that. I was at work when I read she'd passed on and believe me I have not been myself since then. Let them mourn abeg, the only thing I do not support is them calling God names indirectly and asking un necessary questions, that I find offensive.

Thanks Jenny.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by maclatunji: 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
I have to go now, till tomorrow God-willing, take things easy friends.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by freecocoa(f): 5:47pm On Mar 04, 2012
maclatunji:

Ladies, i will allow you today to keep going-on like this. You had better get your acts together by tomorrow. Do you want Perx's legacy to be that of sorrow and disappointment? I know you don't want that, pull yourselves together. Perx was strong, and so should we her friends be.

Please.
Chai Tunji tunji tunji mac I'm trying o I swear I'm trying,I'm really trying,its just too much to take in o,each time i see anything about perx the memories just flash back like it was only last night that i posted a song encouraging perx on this thread,kai Mac the jokes,the songs,the words of encouragement,the paryers,tunji we prayed na,we prayed hard or was it not hard enough?,mbanu i still want to read somewhere that this was a mistake or that its a bad dream or something but it isn't true that Perx is gone,no more "Freecocoa thanks and God bless"this means so much to me in a way i don't understand,I keep logging in to check if this news will change,No no no Tunji if i hold it in I'll definitely loose it,I've lost loved ones before but i haven't felt this much hurt since my mum,perx's own is even different kai she suffered and endured so much pain,Tunji I remember somewhere on this thread where she said she hopes and prays all this years of pain and suffering won't be for nothing,Mac I told her it won't be for nothing,I told her to hold on,Mac i said i was sure we'd come out of the situation dancing,I even told he she'd see with her eyes and Now this?believe me Mac if tears dey finish i swear my own for don finish,its not my fault o,I'm honestly trying but there's something about perx that's making it hard for me to let go,I can't even explain it,mac I'm trying so hard to stop but e never gree me ooooo,chei Perx bebe.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2012
^^ cry cry

Eeya. Take it easy. Dont be too hard on yourself. You did the best you could which was to offer words of prayer and encouragement but God always has the final say. As much as we might want to ask him questions and get immediate answers, we just have to accept his will. He knows best so who are we to question his judgement?

Just take it easy and stop crying o. sad sad
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by HISchild: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2012
GOD answers prayer.

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Phil 4:6-7

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." - Heb 4:15-16

GOD answers prayer.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by blank(f): 11:58am On Mar 05, 2012
I could not work this weekend. I was so sad and been crying. It has made aware of how ephemeral life is. Here today, gone 2morrow. I started thinking, what if she had not done d surgery, won't she still be alive?
Our hospitals esp teaching hospitals are filled with all manner of quacks. Wish u could have gone abroad 4 d surgery. My BIL had the same ailment. He would av done it in Naija but the guy dat went b4 him came out dead. he left 4 UK dat night.
I keep drawing parallels btw the 2 cos it could have been him, could have been anyone. God, help ur children see the big picture cos this sadness n tears is not allowing me see far.
Na so life be? Perx, it is well with your soul. God will bless your family and enable them bear this great loss.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by maclatunji: 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2012
blank:

I could not work this weekend. I was so sad and been crying. It has made aware of how ephemeral life is. Here today, gone 2morrow. I started thinking, what if she had not done d surgery, won't she still be alive?
Our hospitals esp teaching hospitals are filled with all manner of quacks. Wish u could have gone abroad 4 d surgery. My BIL had the same ailment. He would av done it in Naija but the guy dat went b4 him came out dead. he left 4 UK dat night.
I keep drawing parallels btw the 2 cos it could have been him, could have been anyone. God, help ur children see the big picture cos this sadness n tears is not allowing me see far.
Na so life be? Perx, it is well with your soul. God will bless your family and enable them bear this great loss.

I know that so many people have not commented on Nairaland because they are so heartbroken. God knows best, just believe that if God wanted her to stay, a 100 quacks couldn't kill her.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by maclatunji: 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2012
I am sorry for Perx's doctors and nurses too, they must be so shattered and many comments on Nairaland won't help their recovery process. i just wish that we could all try and understand that when it is your time to go, you have to go, no ifs and buts.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
IDOWUOGBO (the one and only, u are just too funny. big up!).
God bless you all

Madam am not done with you ooo, yes u Princess Egbe.

Now listen to me, wereva u are i no u are reading,U left cus i said i wan carry you go club abi? No wahala all neva spoil na,heaven must get disco section.Walaiii i have stopped crying oo, if u could see me now i dey wear make-up looking hawt and celebrating u.I came here to check on u as usual,Egbe gbe 1 u are a fighter,all u did to get better was 1st class.Nne # 1  i dey here dey dobale for u oo,I bet guys might think am mad but no b today Badosky no kolo dey her blood.Yellow mango dis our spot so i'll bck to gist u ok

Sleep beautiful, Sleep!  smiley kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

@Cocoa

Desire! Desire! Desire!

How many times Bado halar ur name?

I have cried a lagoon but it has finally sunk in o, Perx don go collabo u hia me so.Everybody said dia bit to me but d info no gree transfer dat time,D only person that entered my skull was my Chineke boi aka Badosky's father.Daddy resumed lecture yesterday,he asked who are we to question God and asked if we were comfortable with d pains Perx was enduring,daddy said we crying sef dey annoy Perx so dat alone send me go sempe mood.He assured me Perx is  pain free and probably dancing with d angels.So my dear it is well yellow mango our hommie is resting,she is in a place her creator wanted her to be.Now we must[b] NOT [/b]forget dat militant of a child, babe i would tell you wot will do in our own little way to remember her always ok.

Come closer muahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

@Kokolet Ivy

I don't have much to say to u but na u biko o.

I will also keep u posted on wot will do to remember yellow mango ok!

Oya email me dat script,now is the time to run dat comedy show u always wanted me to do with you.

It is time for Bado to pay tribute to Perx in a Badosticated style.

Yes gals are not smiling,bite me ouccccccccch!!!!! cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by oluite(f): 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2012
OMG so its true?!
I saw a thread on tribute to perx,
I couldn't understand what tribute??
I had to come here ,
What touched me about perx is her spirit
I have never come across such a fighter
Why?
I always marvelled at her Strength.
Despite all the pains
I don't know what to say?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
^hello dere kokolet

Listen don't grief on this thread plszzzzz, dis is our chill out spot to laugh and celebrate Perx ok!

Come for hugs dear,our yellow mango is doing just fine in the presence of the lord  kiss kiss  kiss
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by freecocoa(f): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
Paddy chei what planet are you from?you sure you are not an angel?Girl saying you are amazing is not what i want to say,somebody borrow me a better word,Badosky there's no NL for me without you,thanks gal,love you loads.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
^I gat u boo boo, I gat u.

We will pay tribute to Perx with swaggs, our own must define Perx.

I promise its all smiles Mama Dee!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by freecocoa(f): 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2012
My PERX BEBE I know you can see me cos me sure say you get access to NL from heaven,i've been crying since the news of your sudden death,babe e wan be be like that time wey Bado give me trailer loads of onions to peel,you know that girl sabi do some kind extraordinary things most times,babe i know you don't want me crying again and i just want to tell you say i don calm down,I dey miss you o,anyways me no go forget you,right now me never write tribute but just like bado said it will come with enough swag and we go still dey run collabo with you o so no just think say na only you and angels now,ehen perx bebe tell Baba God say me get test this week for school and me need A,you know him go hear you quick cos you dey run things one on one with am now,love you loads girlfriend,halar the hommies that side for me,lerra love.

Paddy dobale for you jorh,its true death leaves a heartache that's hard to heal but our girl left a MEMORY NO ONE CAN STEAL so what da hell,she lives o jare.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
^Na soooo oooooo, tell princess u must to pass.

We are talking , tears don clear its time to reason Perx with beautiful nonsense make she laugh scatter for beside Eledua.

Egbe mummy u don jam o, get ready for tribute kwanu.

Na hia we go do our makossa blasting and shepe floweth.

Shebi u sef na happening babe, we go arise d matter con Jesus radio fm give am to u wia u dey.

Ayam laughing oo yellow mango ,see me na Bado dey laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by freecocoa(f): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
^ grin grin grin My roomie just enter house now come jam me the laugh,if you see the look on her face eh,i know say she dey think"is it not this one that has been crying since,abi she don mad"for my mind i dey smile saying she no go understand,i dey wait make she ask me wetin dey do me.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
^ grin grin grin Dats d joke we unpredictable.

Forget me sef jus dey wonder if na me dey type-laugh, oh gal if u see my eyes b4 u go think OPC run show for my face lol.Mehn na God use popsie oo, me wey i no o gree chop b4, Nne i attack my breakfast dis morning.Laugh dear it is well, she is here and will ever b remembered as d Chief commandant of our militant crew. Eyinmba for me make dem no we don heal jare !!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by freecocoa(f): 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^Eyimba for you jorh BADO gbam gbam,yes o yellow mango go don get post for heaven sef,i sure say she don chance some angels that way come continue duty from there,omo eh my roomie say me na ogbanje o,i just tell am say if you know who bado and perx are,you'll smile and be happy with me,me sef never chow o but the kind food i go chop now eh my roomie fit run leave house for me. grin grin grin
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Ivynwa(f): 2:23am On Mar 06, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Madam am not done with you ooo, yes u Princess Egbe.

Now listen to me, wereva u are i no u are reading,U left cus i said i wan carry you go club abi? No wahala all neva spoil na,heaven must get disco section.[/b]Walaiii i have stopped crying oo, if u could see me now i dey wear make-up looking hawt and celebrating u.I came here to check on u as usual,Egbe gbe 1 u are a fighter,all u did to get better was 1st class.Nne # 1  i dey here dey dobale for u oo,I bet guys might think am mad but no b today Badosky no kolo dey her blood.[b]Yellow mango dis our spot so i'll bck to gist u ok Sleep beautiful, Sleep!  smiley kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

You are making me cry girl.

freecocoa:

My PERX BEBE I know you can see me cos me sure say you get access to NL from heaven,i've been crying since the news of your sudden death,babe e wan be be like that time wey Bado give me trailer loads of onions to peel,you know that girl sabi do some kind extraordinary things most times,babe i know you don't want me crying again and i just want to tell you say i don calm down,I dey miss you o,anyways me no go forget you,right now me never write tribute but just like bado said it will come with enough swag and we go still dey run collabo with you o so no just think say na only you and angels now,ehen perx bebe tell Baba God say me get test this week for school and me need A,you know him go hear you quick cos you dey run things one on one with am now,love you loads girlfriend,halar the hommies that side for me,lerra love.
Paddy dobale for you jorh,its true death leaves a heartache that's hard to heal but our girl left a MEMORY NO ONE CAN STEAL so what da hell,she lives o jare.

I hope she has access too and knows that it hurts that she lost the battle.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by freecocoa(f): 5:00am On Mar 06, 2012
^^Sweety it hurts like hell that she can't be here with us but did she really lose ivy?nne oma think about it,like many people asked me,would it have been better that she still stays with so much pain?ivy don't you think God knows best?Girl i didn't think I'd be the one telling you this but do you think perx would want us to keep being sad?nne oka na echu mu ura eziokwu mana chukwu cannot make mistakes,i know exactly how you feel and I've been in that place many times mana nne take comfort in the fact that our yellow mango is sitting next to God and smiling down on us saying I'm no longer in pains,Nne kasie o,dibe its hard i know but God will see us through it all.

Oya shine your 32 abi your own na 36 sef for Perx bebe,you know she'd like that,we are here for you ivy darling. wink kiss kiss
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
Ivynwa:

You are making me cry girl.
Emmmmmh madam was I talking 2 u? Y are u crying?

Ivy listen, I don't want tears on this thread.

Plzzzzz my very own Lor lor,it af DO OOOOO!!!!

@Yellow mango

Hen hen Princess how borri? I did something really nasty dis morning,and I no its extremely disrespectful to U bearing in mind u only just made a journey to heaven.Nne abeg no vex,I no u are d  forgiving type so bikonu pardon ur Badosky.Tunji asked woeva was angry to talk so some spirit in me  jus started typing,I have chased d spirit away wiv one special jazz Baba God give me,so am chilled and up again my dear friend.Anyways I tot I shud let u no wassup and I will bck again if something paparazzi happens.*Lots of hugs & kisses*

Urs truly

Badosky xx  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Busybody2(f): 11:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
TO PRINCESS E

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826801.192.html#msg9877827
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-826801.192.html#msg9913049
Perx: . . . i hope they can fix my right leg in nigeria because surgery on 2 legs abroad would be financially crazy and if it is really RSD/CRPS i have . . .

Our path only crossed once and all i said to you and your response thankfully is still in the link up there.

Had I known, I should have ignored the devil's tools and not given them the time of day and faced you directly, because you somewhat affirmed all i was advocating in my post to you which were:

To get a proper diagnosis through the right channel before assuming you have a specific illness, which you corroborated in your post quoted above. I also told you that for all you know, you might have 3/4/or more medical conditions rather than just the one you think you have.

I told you i was not a Doctor, yet could deduce 3 diagnosis from your symptoms, again you confirmed that i was correct.

I told you Doctors spend close to 10 years in University so feel it is an affront and would not take kindly to patients googling diagnosis off the internet and one runs the risk of being labelled a Malingerer or Hypochondriac. I did not coin the terms, i did not call you those names, i was only trying to caution you.

I advised you get a clinical coordinator rather than fleeting between different Hospitals, lest Doctors start comparing notes and start thinking you can no longer mentally cope with your pain, then you get diagnosed with Depression and start getting referred to a Psychiatrist. And i was slightly alarmed seeing your posts somewhere mentioning Neuropsychiatric evaluation, and why not a referral to the main imaging section in a Hospital or a Radiographer. . .

I told you about one of your diagnosis ruling you out as a suitable candidate for surgery, it could be done rarely, but only as a last resort and at a much more older age, and the protocol involved would be different from someone without the same diagnosis. I had already downloaded links of surgery guidelines for FMS sufferers to show their clinicians beforehand, for you, i had downloaded lists of support forums for likeminded people as you, etc, but i was not allowed to get a word in, edgewise. . .

You posted that one of the 5 medication you are on can make you fat, i said verbatim that be careful, all of them can make you gain weight.

Dr Balogun, Dr Nicetohave, Dr Kathyekiti. etc, could easily charge $400/hour as consultation fees to the thousands of people they offer free advice to! So i feel they do a wonderful charitable work in my own opinion.

I understand your bewilderment at my upfront but factual post, but some further information from my side about my identity would have dissipated your shock and revealed to you that i meant no harm and i would have been able to proffer further information which could help you out, but some people felt they knew better. . .  

I do know that sometimes when life doesn't make sense, all we need is a firm hand on our shoulder to keep us grounded, tilt our head in the correct direction and reassure us that we are not alone in our suffering, that their are many others in the same boat as ours and that we should be of strong cheer and good courage, hence reason i kept repeating myself to Mac that "many have walked in your shoes/many are walking in your shoes/many will walk in your shoes". . .and i already had bookmarked some google links to post, but alas. . .

Anyway, we can forever query why the decision to operate on you despite your pain, spasm and seizures being in full blown mode, but God called you home and we cannot question God's ways like some people helpfully posted and although we have all this ache in our hearts from all the "what if"s" and "had i knowns", it cannot compare to the pain you went through. I hope and pray you are in a better place free from the unrelenting pain which had become the bane of your life. Your unwaivering faith and love for God despite the travail too did not go unnoticed, thanks for being an inspiration. And hey, i never ever downplayed the severity of your illness, i know what it feels like, but i have a very little defenseless child who has serious pain issues too, so where would i have the time to think about mine or even remember it talkless of come and mock you as i was accused of! Hope you are having a blast in heaven.

Wow, life. . .ephemeral. . .transient. . . fleeting. . . now you see it, now you don't. . .    sad
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Busybody2(f): 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
TO GOD, THE HEAVENLY FATHER:

Hmmm, well i can't lie to You, i am still somewhat confused about this thing called life sad
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Busybody2(f): 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
TO PRINCE:

I don't know you from Adam, i have never come across your name ever on NL, i only noticed a couple of people greeting you like an old time Nairalander, wondering about your whereabout all this years.

And then you INNOCENTLY asked what Perx was really after, because one minute she was praising God and thanking him, the next she was singing about ending it all. . .and the curt response was "tell BB off", huh how can you tell off someone you don"t know undecided

All hell broke loose, and you made the statement "Perx I am sick, you are sick. . .we are both standing near a bridge. . ." At first i was taken aback by the comment, then i took a second look because a guy said it and guys don't do grudges, then i saw "it":

Either you are going through the same thing Perx is going through

or

You are/were feeling ill or depressed with your own overwhelming challenges too

or

Either you were feeling suicidal too and heck you might have even been on the thread earlier with a different username

Yet you were tainted as a villian and fallguy to be punished for BB's sin so the fangs came out with full force . . . sad Despite t5his, you were the first to apologise, so ignore Ivynwa's bitter post biko, God sees our heart and intention.

I am also using this medium to apologise for taking the flack for my innocuous sin and i hope you are in a good place now sad
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Busybody2(f): 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2012
TO THOSE PONDERING WHY UBTH:

She was TRYING TO SAVE PEOPLE FROM DONATING TWICE - for her femur operation, and for her hip replacement operation, hence reason she decided to do one locally to lower the cost. . . she was being considerately selfless sad
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Busybody2(f): 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
TO JENNYKADRY:

Despite the fact that you also got caught up in the ruckus, and got a few choice words sent your way too, you have apologised to Perx, and even donated to her cause, and she was pleasantly shocked and bursting with surprise and joy, and this is enough for you, so when you saw Ivynwa's nasty, divisive, uncalled for and unnecessary comment (her trademark), all you should have just said was "Ivynwa, thank God you are not God smiley

She is friends with you off NL, and all attempt to get her to take her beef with you offline has proved furtile. She can"t contain her hatred for you either cos She wants to be you/She hates herself/She sees you as a treat, so kindly ignore her next time to keep carrying her cross.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Busybody2(f): 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2012
perx:

a little better now. thank God my posts/replies have been posted
alot went on after I left. thanks to all

"Ketamine treatment is available at Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu and Dept of Medical Rehab, OAU so she might not need to travel out every 6 months after her surgery".

really? wonderful but I hope they know what they are doing sha. Please help with their email or phone number

in India the fees I got for hip surgery was between 7,500 to 9,500 dollars. just for that alone. all tests. MRI, scans, accommodation, etc are not included. that was why I put $15,000 (India) - $50,000 (U.S.A) minus other things like visa fee, etc in some of my posts.
one doctor here suggested AIMS and Apollo hospitals in India as the best but I emailed others too. The others said U.K, Europe or America. I haven't emailed abroad about my right femur because I pray that I can at least do that here and not pay for two surgeries abroad. If not for lack of funds, etc, I like to have plan A, B, C. sighsssssssss

If they can do both legs in Nigeria and RSD/CRSP/Ketamin, it would be far cheaper and affordable, I think. I will be so glad. when I went to LUTH, no bones were broken yet, just stiffness in my left leg, little jerking, it felt like something was moving inside my foot which was so painful (they later discovered that it was my restless veins), spasms, lots of pains, loss of appetite, no sleep (cried throughout the night, valium wasn't even working in my system back then but it does help with other meds now).

using cotton wool to touch my left leg then was so painful (as light as a cotton wool). I went for MRI only which cost over 80,000 naira. IMO they did not do a good job which I explained in the suicide thread. I did not go back after that, which was 2008

[size=40pt]three of the best orthopedics here (they have their private clinics but 2 works in public/federal hospitals too) refused to do my hip because of my symptoms which I stated above.[/SIZE] there is a teaching hospital here too but the strikes and fuel crisis dey disturb sha[b]

when anyone is ready to come over to see me, my doctors, physiotherapists, medical report, etc, just let me know. there is an edo forum on NL. someone there maybe close by. like Ify stated: "and of course NOT to be displayed online/general consumption". did I miss or leave out anything else?[/b]

oh and about d dedicated thread and clutter, i have RSD/CRSP thread, maybe we can use that, but people hardly came there to post or comment. i will put link soon or the suicide thread is there too. you prefer to open another?

TO MACLATUNJI: Compare Perx's post I HIGHLIGHTED above to the ones below culled from my 3/4 posts addressed to you on this issue on January 1st. ALL I WAS SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS WAS GET PROPERLY DIAGNOSED AND TAKE YOUR MIND OFF SURGERY, SURGERY, SURGERY, AND YELLING THAT SHE WAS NOT A SUITABLE CANDIDATE AND THAT NO REPUTABLE DOCTOR WILL TOUCH HER WITH A BARGEPOLE COS OF FIBROMYALGIA I DEDUCED SHE HAD, WHICH SHE CONFIRMED WAS DIAGNOSED BY SOME OF THE DOCTORS SHE'D SEEN, yet you kept being a stumbling block, putting up some ferocious resistance, insulting me, misjudging my genuine intention, and i was called every unprintable name under the sun by your cohorts such as bastard, evil, heartless. . . even my lineage was not left out. . .AND IT WAS THE HIGHLIGHTED IN THE LINK I WAS GONNA COME AND SHOW YOU WHEN I POSTED ON THIS THREAD ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO, UNBEKNOWN TO ME THAT  cry cry cry cry cry

Busy_body:

To cut the long story short, at your age, you will not be deemed a suitable candidate for surgery. . .

Busy_body:
. . . and hey not every surgery works

Busy_body: i have met tons of people who regrets having operations as it did nothing to alleviate their pain and suffering

Busy_body: and sometimes made it worse.

Busy_body:

Peradventure you have already been told you have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, this means damaged tissues, which means you would never be recommended for surgery

Busy_body: . . . and there isn't enough downtime to recuperate from surgery if you have to be having them that close, so all you would keep getting is pain relief as you already are on, and you might possibly be referred to an intensive rehabilitation for pain management programme to help you learn pacing and coping skills to deal with these chronic pain.

Busy_body:
She has concluded she has something and needs surgery, i recommended she got a bone scan and other tests to rule out or diagnose other conditions first.

Busy_body: *I said if she has one of those 3 diagnosis i mentioned- FMS - she will not be recommended for surgery cos it means she has damaged tissues hence there would be a tough time making those stitches hold together

Busy_body: I mentioned that if she does not have FMS, she would be deemed too young for surgery originally as is the norm, because with surgery, you have to replace every 7/10/15/20 years,

Busy_body: *I try to keep my post short hence reason i could not go into details that people under a certain age are usually considered too young and told to put it off for a long time because she is still active and of childbearing age and those years are usually for people in their sixties who live a less active life and are past the age of childbearing. There are different types of hip replacement surgery, ceramic, metal, etc, all with their faults, and some don't even last one year or break, etc

Busy_body:
Professor of English, the idiom "rain on your parade" was used in the context "i see this person whizzing by on an escalator thinking all she needs is the magic wand called surgery and everything is hunkydory, and i press the STOP button saying . . .

Busy_body:
What is hurtful and insensitive in letting her know she might not have what she thinks she has afterall so not put all her hopes in getting surgery to alleviate the pain, and all she would be offered instead is medication and a referral to a chronic pain management clinic to learn coping skills to manage the pain

Busy_body:
What is hurtful and insensitive in telling her she is too young as a candidate for such surgery cos these joints are not permanent and need replacing intermittently, hence they are tailored to people in their sixties? Google is your friend, google how many people in their fifties bemoaning the fact that they have been told they are too young. . .

Busy_body:
What is hurtful and insensitive in telling her to go and request for a bone scan, or what is the extent of medical investigation if not to rule out or diagnose, rather than jumping to conclusion about what she has

Busy_body:
What is hurtful and insensitive in letting her know if she has a confirmed diagnoses of Fibromyalgia, surgery would not be considered because it signifies damaged tissues which would not hold together properly in an operation, meaning she would have to redo the surgery every 2/3 years

IT IS WELL THOUGH. I READ SOMEWHERE THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AT A SET TIME AND PLACE. . . O ye Olorun sad
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by maclatunji: 12:05am On Mar 07, 2012
^I know you are probably typing a message but the elaborate way you are going about it makes me feel uncomfortable. I have to go to sleep right now but just want to say I hope you are feeling well and that your heart is not too heavy. Whatever it is you are feeling just take it easy and calm down. Tomorrow holds promise for something better. Take care and have a good night.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 07, 2012
BB, what is it?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by agiboma(f): 3:44am On Mar 07, 2012
BB we here for you talk to us pls
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 4:20am On Mar 07, 2012
Hmmmm this is deeper than I thought.

Iya oko mi it is well cry cry cry cry
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Busybody2(f): 5:02am On Mar 07, 2012
agiboma:

BB we here for you talk to us pls

Idowuogbo:

Hmmmm this is deeper than I thought.

Iya oko mi it is well cry cry cry cry

Thanks Agy and ID, what can we do except allow God and the forces against him battle things out themselves whilst we stay by the sidelines to watch like pawns sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23)

Lagos Government Sacks Judge Who Dissolved Marriage, Snatched Complainant’s Wife / Girl Who Survived Fire Incident That Killed 7 Family Members In Lagos Dies / Photo Of A Man Staring At His Newborn Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.