Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864458 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
ibudes:

Thank you all I am still waiting for their email to confirm if it is a compulsory requirement I have gone through their web which states that 800 is required a month

Good luck with that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2012
Please, can somebody clear the air for me about what i heard yesterday?
I was told that before i could apply for visa to study in North East England.. I will need to have the followings:
1, maintenance fund........ £7200
2, full tuition fees........ £13400
Is it true?
The person said they just made changes recently. Because if not because of the changes, i would have just summit a statement of account with just £5400 for outside London.. Please, help me to confirm the amount of money that will be in my accolunt before applying for tier 4 study visa to North East England...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:25am On Jun 28, 2012
fados4sure: Please, can somebody clear the air for me about what i heard yesterday?
I was told that before i could apply for visa to study in North East England.. I will need to have the followings:
1, maintenance fund........ £7200
2, full tuition fees........ £13400
Is it true?
The person said they just made changes recently. Because if not because of the changes, i would have just summit a statement of account with just £5400 for outside London.. Please, help me to confirm the amount of money that will be in my accolunt before applying for tier 4 study visa to North East England...

Yes £7200 is the maintenance money you need to have, £13400 school fees depends on the university, not all charge the same, looking at the fees i guess you looking at Leeds, Bradford, Manchester or Sheffield University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2012
justwise:

Yes £7200 is the maintenance money you need to have, £13400 school fees depends on the university, not all charge the same, looking at the fees i guess you looking at Leeds, Bradford, Manchester or Sheffield University
I will also have the £13400 in addition to the £7200?
The school is university of Hull................
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2012
Thank God I just picked up my Visa!!! Justwise, A-ZED, Kunlewoye and all that contributed words of advice and encouragement, may God reward y'all abundantly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2012
ibudes:

Thank you all I am still waiting for their email to confirm if it is a compulsory requirement I have gone through their web which states that 800 is required a month

All the best mate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2012
Cavenchy: Thank God I just picked up my Visa!!! Justwise, A-ZED, Kunlewoye and all that contributed words of advice and encouragement, may God reward y'all abundantly.
Congrats bruva!! I feel like going tomorrw to drop mine already... Where's ur skool?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
Cavenchy: Thank God I just picked up my Visa!!! Justwise, A-ZED, Kunlewoye and all that contributed words of advice and encouragement, may God reward y'all abundantly.

Congrats bro! I'm elated by this news. Can you please list the documents you submitted for your visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2012
fados4sure:
I will also have the £13400 in addition to the £7200?
The school is university of Hull................
yes you need both, £13400 is your school fees and £7200 is for your up keep.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
congrat and safe journey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maninmood(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2012
Justwise, your great resilience and aptitude towards your country men are quite viable. I say well-done! Bro, I have a question though- Should I, in the middle of the 28-day account time-frame, withdraw some funds from my account? Is it advisable to book my appointment now? I apparently want to apply on July 26th. Thanks for your immeasurable support. May God bestow more mercy towards you as you help others.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:40pm On Jun 28, 2012
maninmood: Justwise, your great resilience and aptitude towards your country men are quite viable. I say well-done! Bro, I have a question though- Should I, in the middle of the 28-day account time-frame, withdraw some funds from my account? Is it advisable to book my appointment now? I apparently want to apply on July 26th. Thanks for your immeasurable support. May God bestow more mercy towards you as you help others.

Withdrawing that money is risky cos you don't know when the embassy will call your bank for verification, its not advisable to touch that money.

You don't need to book an appointment to submit your application, you go there when you are ready to submit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maninmood(m): 2:13am On Jun 29, 2012
justwise:

Withdrawing that money is risky cos you don't know when the embassy will call your bank for verification, its not advisable to touch that money.

You don't need to book an appointment to submit your application, you go there when you are ready to submit.

Thanks a lot justwise. More grease to your elbow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by qk: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2012
Hello, I applied for a UK student visa and used my sister's bank statement which fully covers all the needed expenses for tuition and maintenance(with a cover letter from her) but even if I've made a partial payment, I just got denied on the ground that my sister isn't my parent or legal guardian (this is the first time I'm hearing this). Is there something special to be done when one uses a sponsor? I've been given a right to request for administrative review. Please I need some advice on what to do next. What should I go for? I need some help now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2012
qk: Hello, I applied for a UK student visa and used my sister's bank statement which fully covers all the needed expenses for tuition and maintenance(with a cover letter from her) but even if I've made a partial payment, I just got denied on the ground that my sister isn't my parent or legal guardian (this is the first time I'm hearing this). Is there something special to be done when one uses a sponsor? I've been given a right to request for administrative review. Please I need some advice on what to do next. What should I go for? I need some help now.

Your sister can not sponsor you, only your mum and daddy can. Its not a new law, its being a place for more than 2yrs now. You should have paid that money into your account or into your mum or daddy account before applying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2012
kunlewoye:
Congrats bruva!! I feel like going tomorrw to drop mine already... Where's ur skool?

Thanks bro, wish u God's favour with yours. Its University of Huddersfield. Its located between Manchester and Leeds.

FutureDon:

Congrats bro! I'm elated by this news. Can you please list the documents you submitted for your visa application.

Just submitted what was requested in the cas + bank statement and my waec and transcript. The documents to submit vary per applicant just as CAS details vary. Most Importantly, submit what academic documents are listed in the cas and a bank statement proving u have access to maintenance funds specific to the borough where the school is located. If u haven't already paid fees in full, the balance due for payment will be reflected in the cas as well, so you will have to ensure ur account has the total balance due and maintenance funds held in ur acc for 28 days before printing d statement and then apply 4 d visa not later than a month from that date. Thanx mate

justwise: congrat and safe journey

Thanks man, God bless you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2012
Cavenchy:

Thanks bro, wish u God's favour with yours. Its University of Huddersfield. Its located between Manchester and Leeds.

Just submitted what was requested in the cas + bank statement and my waec and transcript. The documents to submit vary per applicant just as CAS details vary. Most Importantly, submit what academic documents are listed in the cas and a bank statement proving u have access to maintenance funds specific to the borough where the school is located. If u haven't already paid fees in full, the balance due for payment will be reflected in the cas as well, so you will have to ensure ur account has the total balance due and maintenance funds held in ur acc for 28 days before printing d statement and then apply 4 d visa not later than a month from that date. Thanx mate

Thanks man, God bless you.

Will your school pick you up from Leeds/Bradford airport or Leeds train-station?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2012
justwise:

Will your school pick you up from Leeds/Bradford airport or Leeds train-station?

Manchester International Airport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
Cavenchy:

Manchester International Airport

Ok,that will be about 3hrs journey to Huddersfield
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2012
justwise:

Ok,that will be about 3hrs journey to Huddersfield

Really? Most peeps say its about 45 mins.. School says its 1hr tops by train. 3-4hours is from Hearthrow Airport London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
Cavenchy:

Really? Most peeps say its about 45 mins.. School says its 1hr tops by train. 3-4hours is from Hearthrow Airport London.

If your school is picking you up by bus then its about 2-3hrs but by train its about 45mins. Schools normally pick up group of foreign students with school bus.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2012
justwise:

If your school is picking you up by bus then its about 2-3hrs but by train its about 45mins. Schools normally pick up group of foreign students with school bus.

Alrite, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2012
justwise:

qk: Hello, I applied for a UK student visa and used my sister's bank statement which fully covers all the needed expenses for tuition and maintenance(with a cover letter from her) but even if I've made a partial payment, I just got denied on the ground that my sister isn't my parent or legal guardian (this is the first time I'm hearing this). Is there something special to be done when one uses a sponsor? I've been given a right to request for administrative review. Please I need some advice on what to do next. What should I go for? I need some help now.

Actually justwise he can book appointment to submit his application at VFS in Lagos. It will save him being on the queue at the VFS centre.
But more importantly as justwise onus is to be ready before he submits

Kai 78K gone like that!
Should have gone to UKBA website and read the GUIDELINES there. I hope you did not base your application simply on what others had done. Each visa application has its one guidelines - straight from the source is best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2012
salsera:

Actually justwise he can book appointment to submit his application at VFS in Lagos. It will save him being on the queue at the VFS centre.
But more importantly as justwise onus is to be ready before he submits

Kai 78K gone like that!
Should have gone to UKBA website and read the GUIDELINES there. I hope you did not base your application simply on what others had done. Each visa application has its one guidelines - straight from the source is best.

A lot of people i know did not book appointment, rather they got there early and was attended to. Yes its important you get your documents ready before going there, that will save you alot of trouble when you get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 8:18am On Jun 30, 2012
justwise:

A lot of people i know did not book appointment, rather they got there early and was attended to. Yes its important you get your documents ready before going there, that will save you alot of trouble when you get there.
This may sound a little simple but how do you get your documents ready? Any format of arrangement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:37am On Jun 30, 2012
Cavenchy:

Thanks for your response bro. All the best!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 30, 2012
A-ZeD:

Justwise has said it all.
@all rather than give any money to agents, send it to justwise.

Just get numbers 1-3 on your list and submit it.
Make sure your documents are GENINUE. Any mistakes(dob, name spelling) get an official document(affidavit which should be notarized ) to back you up and make sure you specify the mistake in your form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
kunlewoye:
This may sound a little simple but how do you get your documents ready? Any format of arrangement?

There is no format of arrangement, just cross-check to make sure that you have all the documents before going to the VFS,use paper clipper to hold your documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 8:54pm On Jun 30, 2012
honey86:
How do you notarize an affidavit?
Same way they notarize all documents. A notary lawyer(not sure of the name). If you are in lagos, go to ikeja high court
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2012

Congrats dude.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
Azed thanks, I'm not in lagos, I would check the high court in ibadan though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.