Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864444 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2012
A-ZeD:

Thanks. s per the waec thing, i submitted a notorized affidavit stating the errors on my waec certificate and the correction. A photocopy of my waec certificate was also notarized. I had done the notarization since 2010. Wishing you all the best. Hope to welcome you personally to the uk.

I applied in Lagos(ikeja) 30th of may and the visa was issued on the 14th of june though vfs contacted me on the 21th. That makes it 9 working days.
Thanx mate! I have a notarized affidavit from the FCT Federal High Court already. How and where did u notarize the Waec cert? There's this hologram thing on it though.
EmmaIK:

Did you pay in Pounds into your sis dorm account or Dollars? I'm having issues too coz even though I have a dorm account its Dollar denominated.
Yes, my sister's Dom is Pounds Sterling denominated and I got a mallam to deposit the Pounds for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 6:42pm On Jun 23, 2012
A-ZeD:

Justwise has said it all.
[left][/left]@all rather than give any money to agents, send it to justwise.

Just get numbers 1-3 on your list and submit it.
Make sure your documents are GENINUE. Any mistakes(dob, name spelling) get an official document(affidavit which should be notarized ) to back you up and make sure you specify the mist ;Dake in your form.
I quite agree with that! Justwise, jst so you know. You HAVE been of help to so many, myself inclusive. Thank you!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2012
I am about applying for visa,at what stage do i go for the biometric text?.I stay in port harcourt and need to know whether you do all at the same time. Also , my husband is my sponsor and he is providing his bank statements, we intend paying for school fees soonest and to pay for accomodation for the first term, apart from the maintenance fee, what other fee should we prepare for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
A-ZeD:

I applied in Lagos(ikeja) 30th of may and the visa was issued on the 14th of june though vfs contacted me on the 21th. That makes it 9 working days.
Thanks man, keeping my fingers crossed and praying to God mine comes out Next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2012
shemy: I am about applying for visa,at what stage do i go for the biometric text?.I stay in port harcourt and need to know whether you do all at the same time. Also , my husband is my sponsor and he is providing his bank statements, we intend paying for school fees soonest and to pay for accomodation for the first term, apart from the maintenance fee, what other fee should we prepare for?

You will give your biometric details during submission.The maintenance money covers all, that £9000(London) or £7200(outside London) is all you need to show. If you want to pay for accommodation just deposit £1000 and make sure that it stated in your CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:09am On Jun 24, 2012
kunlewoye:
I quite agree with that! Justwise, jst so you know. You HAVE been of help to so many, myself inclusive. Thank you!!

A-ZeD:

Justwise has said it all.
@all rather than give any money to agents, send it to justwise.

Just get numbers 1-3 on your list and submit it.
Make sure your documents are GENINUE. Any mistakes(dob, name spelling) get an official document(affidavit which should be notarized ) to back you up and make sure you specify the mistake in your form.

Thanks guys, we all here to help each other.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2012
@Justwise, A-Zed:
A-ZeD:

I did not pay any money for accomodation.

Now, I'm downloading forms o. Which one(s) did you fill? The VAF3A and VAF9 are confusing. Please advise on what not to forget, did you go with your passport photos or were you snapped there (outside, before you went in)? What to do to so as to not get there and wait/queue. Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
Good day house, please I need clarification. The final transaction in the statement of account, shld it be deposit or withdrawal?. Thank u.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
kunlewoye: @Justwise, A-Zed:

Now, I'm downloading forms o. Which one(s) did you fill? The VAF3A [/b]and VAF9 are confusing. Please advise on what not to forget, did you go with your passport photos or were you snapped there (outside, before you went in)? What to do to so as to not get there and wait/queue. Thanks!

This is the forms you need.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9.pdf

Point Based System Form (VAF9) [b]Personal details

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf Point Based System APPENDIX 8

TIER 4 (GENERAL) STUDENT SELF-ASSESSMENT

VAF3A is for prospective student
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Jun 24, 2012
honey86: Good day house, please I need clarification. The final transaction in the statement of account, shld it be deposit or withdrawal?. Thank u.

Any, but you must have more than enough money to be able to do that.Any of the action should not reduce the required balance in your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ok. Thanks a lot. Deposit it is then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2012
@justwise

Can we just print one month statement of acct or how many month is advisable
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2012
Dapto:
@justwise

Can we just print one month statement of acct or how many month is advisable

Just 28days bank statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2012
Cavenchy:
Thanks man, keeping my fingers crossed and praying to God mine comes out Next week.
God willing it will.[quote author=kunlewoye]
Thanx mate! I have a notarized affidavit from the FCT Federal High Court already. How and where did u notarize the Waec cert? There's this hologram thing on it though.
The hologram thing is the notorization.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
A-ZeD:

God willing it will.
Thanks..will need ur info later. u can look up Oye Ijiwoye on FB.

justwise:

This is the forms you need.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9.pdf

Point Based System Form (VAF9) Personal details

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf Point Based System APPENDIX 8

TIER 4 (GENERAL) STUDENT SELF-ASSESSMENT

VAF3A is for prospective student
Thanks Justwise, Wish to be able to associate a face to this name!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2012
justwise

what do you think? my school starts 24th september and I'm applying on the 26th June.
Am I being to hasty? grin

Just dont want to be caught in the olympic rush
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2012
salsera: justwise

what do you think? my school starts 24th september and I'm applying on the 26th June.
Am I being to hasty? grin

Just dont want to be caught in the olympic rush

If i were you i will apply by July, say first week of July, that will give you 2months plus before ur course starts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
Oh well. Submitted already.
Wanted to conclude it early cos I'm applying for another visa in july which will take 2 weeks
IT IS WELL with my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
salsera: Oh well. Submitted already.
Wanted to conclude it early cos I'm applying for another visa in july which will take 2 weeks
IT IS WELL with my application.
No problem, they will not reject your application because you applied early
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 9:38am On Jun 27, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 9:39am On Jun 27, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2012
ibudes:

Hi Justwise, before I write to ask about the living expenses for outer London I sent a n email to my school requesting the information and they replied yesterday telling me that the living expenses will be 11,000 Pounds. And from the UKBA they require 7200 for outer London and the school is now telling me 11,000 Pounds should I work with what the UKBA has said which is 7200 four outer London? Hope it will not cost me any problem as on my CAS they did not state it there they only state the tuition

Which school is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 9:57am On Jun 27, 2012
ibudes:

Hi Justwise, before I write to ask about the living expenses for outer London I sent a n email to my school requesting the information and they replied yesterday telling me that the living expenses will be 11,000 Pounds. And from the UKBA they require 7200 for outer London and the school is now telling me 11,000 Pounds should I work with what the UKBA has said which is 7200 four outer London? Hope it will not cost me any problem as on my CAS they did not state it there they only state the tuition

Have u paid ur tuition in full or did u just make a deposit? If u still have outstanding fees to pay they might have summed it up with the 7200 to arrive at that amount they sent you as living expenses.

Aside from that, Living expenses for outer london is £800 per month. If You'll be studying for a 12 months course you will need £9600, but Ukba requires u show proof of only 9 months (hence the £7200).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
ibudes:

cran field

Its £7200, that is what UKBA wants you to show
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
ibudes:

It was clearly stated that it is aside from the tution

It says £7200 here;

http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/students/international/evidence%20of%20finances.pdf

However, Some schools advice prospective students to hold more money for other needs which might come up e.g thesis, trips, projects etc and it is assumed that the ukba recommended will not suffice if the student doesn't get a job while studying. So u might need to verify if the 11,000 pounds figure sent to you is a recommended or compulsory requirement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Cavenchy:

It says £7200 here;

http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/students/international/evidence%20of%20finances.pdf

However, Some schools advice prospective students to hold more money for other needs which might come up e.g thesis, trips, projects etc and it is assumed that the ukba recommended will not suffice if the student doesn't get a job while studying. So u might need to verify if the 11,000 pounds figure sent to you is a recommended or compulsory requirement.

Student survive on £5400 without job for a year, its ridiculous to ask any foreign student to have £11,000 as maintenance money for school outside London while schools in London is £9000.Average house rent in Bedfordshire where his school is located ranges from £240-£300 [/b]a month including all the bills, 24hrs Internet connection included. Trips are optional, you don't spend much doing project.

If he pays top price rent of [b]£350
including the bills for 12months he will still have £3000 left for feeding without working.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
kunlewoye:
Thanks..will need ur info later. u can look up Oye Ijiwoye on FB.
!
Just sent you a friends request. az is the name.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hello

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.