Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865596 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
FutureDon:

Thanks a lot for your response. I'm still looking for a trusted dorm account owner to use. Meanwhile, I have submitted an application to open a dorm account for myself. All the best bro!!!

Before I paid mine, I verified from gtb, uba and diamond banks if it would be possible to pay the fees without a dorm account and they all answered in the affirmative, stating that i will just have to fill a 'form A' and the funds will be transferred from my local account to the foreign(school) account but i'll also incur some bank transfer charges. When i calculated how much charges will be deducted from my account, I decided to get someone with foreign exchange trading rights to pay for me at a reduced charge from a different bank(Although there wasn't much difference in the end). My POINT is it's possible to make tuition payments without a dorm acc. Just be sure d total tuition and bank charges are in your account cos d bank charges will be deducted from your account. I'll advice u dont use a strangers dorm account as some people do, cos d school can only refund your money(if d need arises..but i'm hoping it wont) to d account you paid from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2012
kunlewoye:

@JUSTWISE; FROM THE TIER 4 GUIDANCE NOTES, IT SAYS THE MAXIMUM THEY CAN DEDUCT FOR ACCOMMODATION FROM YOUR MAINTENANCE FEE IS 1,000POUNDS EVEN IF YOU PAID EVERYTHING... CAN U CONFIRM THIS?

STILL WAITING FOR A-ZED TO COME GIVE US NEWS O
Got my visa.
Thanks Justwise, kunlewoye
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:26am On Jun 22, 2012
A-ZeD:

Got my visa.

Congrat
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tayorh2: 8:05am On Jun 22, 2012
Hello Justwise, Could you please give me help me with this. I once overstayed my visit in the UK and was refused entry to return in 2007, a month later, I applied for a student visa to study there and was refused again. I've not applied again since then. My parents now reside in the UK legally and I am now married and my husband is a greencard holder in th US. My parents want to invite us over to the UK as a wedding present for a 2wks holiday, they are both sponsoring my trip from lagos while my husband will join me there. If I can prove that I've obtained a degree in Nigeria after the refusal and currently in my service year, plus I got married last month. Do you think I'll be granted a visit to the UK?
Many thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Jun 22, 2012
tayorh2: Hello Justwise, Could you please give me help me with this. I once overstayed my visit in the UK and was refused entry to return in 2007, a month later, I applied for a student visa to study there and was refused again. I've not applied again since then. My parents now reside in the UK legally and I am now married and my husband is a greencard holder in th US. My parents want to invite us over to the UK as a wedding present for a 2wks holiday, they are both sponsoring my trip from lagos while my husband will join me there. If I can prove that I've obtained a degree in Nigeria after the refusal and currently in my service year, plus I got married last month. Do you think I'll be granted a visit to the UK?
Many thanks

What was the reason they gave for the two refusals? Please this is important. . when you applied in 2007 did you disclose that you overstayed your visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2012
ibudes: Please Justwise, thanks for your efforts in time past, I am about to apply for my VISA i need to know all the required Documents I need to submit with my application.
My living expense for a month was not stated on my Offer letter, but i kept 1,500,000 in my account for my l expenses I don’t know if it will be enough

Where is your school located? Inside or outside London? Do you have your CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tayorh2: 10:44am On Jun 22, 2012
justwise:

What was the reason they gave for the two refusals? Please this is important. . when you applied in 2007 did you disclose that you overstayed your visa?

the reason they gave was that my reason for applying for a student visa did not add up cos the solicitor that compiled the documents in the UK changed the letter for the university admission letter saying, the first school later merged with another school and later school was not even in my line of study. ( Institute of technology, while I wanted to study business admin) (2)that I tampered with my passport.ie there was a backdated stamp on my passport which truly did not add up since really did overstay. But I told them I panicked cos I overstayed and was misled by a immigration staff at the point of entry who convinced me that he could put any date I wanted on my passport for me. So I did disclose that I overstayed, I just could not explain myself properly during the interview cos of all the complications. Plus, after I was refused, I was so destabilized that I forget all the papers they gave me on the public bus. I know... its really messy. Any help will be much appreciated. thanx.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tayorh2: 10:44am On Jun 22, 2012
justwise:

the reason they gave was that my reason for applying for a student visa did not add up cos the solicitor that compiled the documents in the UK changed the letter for the university admission letter saying, the first school later merged with another school and later school was not even in my line of study. ( Institute of technology, while I wanted to study business admin) (2)that I tampered with my passport.ie there was a backdated stamp on my passport which truly did not add up since really did overstay. But I told them I panicked cos I overstayed and was misled by a immigration staff at the point of entry who convinced me that he could put any date I wanted on my passport for me. So I did disclose that I overstayed, I just could not explain myself properly during the interview cos of all the complications. Plus, after I was refused, I was so destabilized that I forget all the papers they gave me on the public bus. I know... its really messy. Any help will be much appreciated. thanx.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 10:49am On Jun 22, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 11:11am On Jun 22, 2012
ibudes: geria

MK43 0AL, England
Yes i have my CAS The school gave me my cas without paying one kobo
And on my Cas the only document stated was my BSC certificate
Is there any means to confirm if my CAS is original because giving one CAS without paying any money is wounderful

To my best of knowledge some schools have some programmes that do not required deposit. I have two CAS statement from two schools already withou paying a dime so I do not think your CAS is fake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2012
tayorh2:

This explains my hatred for 'agents', you have broken every possible immigration law.

The 10yrs ban is not in place by 2007, so i don't know the ban you are under at the moment.

One of the ways out is to apply and be completely honest with all your immigration crimes just to know what your case is, OR you email BH and ask to know if you are banned from entry the UK, that email or letter should contain your immigration history, what happened then, passport number and full name. If you get a reply then you will know if the ban has expired or you still have 5yrs to go.

You can type the letter, print it out and address it to the ECO.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tayorh2: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2012
justwise:

This explains my hatred for 'agents', you have broken every possible immigration law.

The 10yrs ban is not in place by 2007, so i don't know the ban you are under at the moment.

One of the ways out is to apply and be completely honest with all your immigration crimes just to know what your case is, OR you email BH and ask to know if you are banned from entry the UK, that email or letter should contain your immigration history, what happened then, passport number and full name. If you get a reply then you will know if the ban has expired or you still have 5yrs to go.

You can type the letter, print it out and address it to the ECO.

Thank so much Justwise. U're a life saver. I'do that ASAP.Enjoy ur day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tayorh2: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2012
[quote author=tayorh2][/quote]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 11:36am On Jun 22, 2012
A-ZeD:

Got my visa.

Wow congrats, where did you apply and how long did it take before u got the visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:41am On Jun 22, 2012
tayorh2:

Take your time and write the letter. . . . that 5yrs ago you broke immigration law by. . . . . . you explain what happened. . . that you are not writing to depend yourself but to know what your immigration status is since the 10yrs ban wasn't in place 5yrs ago when you committed the offence.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
A-ZeD:

Got my visa.

YAy! Congrats, bruva!! Waiting for my turn o... will be applying next month. How did you go about the WAEC thingy? I'm presently in ABJ and still intend to obtain a letter from WAEC before my 28-day period elapses plus the affidavit I already have, although I'm contemplating not even going for the WAEC letter since i already told my school to include it in the CAS that I submitted an affidavit to point to the fact that my YOB is 1986 and not 1985 as it is on the cert. I guess that will have to do. Could you go over your process from CAS and exactly what you tendered? Where are you having your program? Kindest regards...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
ibudes:

Thank You broda, do you know how to go about the visa application including all documents i need to submit

I am still gathering my documents as I still await one or two schorlarship application result I put in for. I think people lie A-ZeD that just got their should be of great help in getting d documents submitted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
ibudes: geria

MK43 0AL, England
Yes i have my CAS The school gave me my cas without paying one kobo
And on my Cas the only document stated was my BSC certificate
Is there any means to confirm if my CAS is original because giving one CAS without paying any money is wounderful

That is Cranfield University in Bedfordshire, yes some schools do give CAS without deposit.

You need to have £7200 (maintenance money) plus all your school fees in your account for 28days before applying for visa.

These two links have all the info you need for completing the visa application form and documents you need.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf. Guidance policy.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-guidance.pdf Guidance Note
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
kunlewoye:

If possible, try to use someone else's Dom acct (I used my sister's) but the incurred charges are over the roof mehn, for GTB o; I was charged about 60Pounds xtra when I transferred my tuition deposit of 3000Pounds, or try to use a certain Airchoice Travels. I was referred to them on this forum as well and I am in no way affiliated with or advocating for them. I called them up to enquire abt their services and was told to transfer the Naira equivalent (I was not in Lagos so I could not go over to their office; they're at Opebi I think)and that they would be forex-ing @ 162Naira/Pound. Thought that was much so I opted for GTB but realized that's much worse..... Best of luck!

Did you pay in Pounds into your sis dorm account or Dollars? I'm having issues too coz even though I have a dorm account its Dollar denominated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
kunlewoye:

YAy! Congrats, bruva!! Waiting for my turn o... will be applying next month. How did you go about the WAEC thingy? I'm presently in ABJ and still intend to obtain a letter from WAEC before my 28-day period elapses plus the affidavit I already have, although I'm contemplating not even going for the WAEC letter since i already told my school to include it in the CAS that I submitted an affidavit to point to the fact that my YOB is 1986 and not 1985 as it is on the cert. I guess that will have to do. Could you go over your process from CAS and exactly what you tendered? Where are you having your program? Kindest regards...
Thanks. s per the waec thing, i submitted a notorized affidavit stating the errors on my waec certificate and the correction. A photocopy of my waec certificate was also notarized. I had done the notarization since 2010. Wishing you all the best. Hope to welcome you personally to the uk.
Cavenchy:

Wow congrats, where did you apply and how long did it take before u got the visa?
I applied in Lagos(ikeja) 30th of may and the visa was issued on the 14th of june though vfs contacted me on the 21th. That makes it 9 working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 5:19am On Jun 23, 2012
A-ZeD:

Got my visa.

Congrats Man.Pls do u make d £1000 downpayment for accomodation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 6:28am On Jun 23, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:33am On Jun 23, 2012
ibudes: Thank You Just wise and thank you all that have helped one way or the other, Please correct
Me if I am wrong I think all I need to apply for my visa is my
1) CAS
2) Document listed on my CAS
3) My bank Statement showing the total School fees and maintenance fund
4) Just wise this link is not working showing me page not found http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf.
5) A-ZeD: please can you give advice on the entire VISA process and how you went about it.
6)
yes that's all you need, if the bank statement is in ur parent's name then add ur birth certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2012
ibudes: Thank You Just wise and thank you all that have helped one way or the other, Please correct
Me if I am wrong I think all I need to apply for my visa is my
1) CAS
2) Document listed on my CAS
3) My bank Statement showing the total School fees and maintenance fund
4) Just wise this link is not working showing me page not found http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf.
5) A-ZeD: please can you give advice on the entire VISA process and how you went about it.
6)
Justwise has said it all.
@all rather than give any money to agents, send it to justwise.

Just get numbers 1-3 on your list and submit it.
Make sure your documents are GENINUE. Any mistakes(dob, name spelling) get an official document(affidavit which should be notarized ) to back you up and make sure you specify the mistake in your form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 9:57am On Jun 23, 2012
A-ZeD:

Justwise has said it all.
@all rather than give any money to agents, send it to justwise.

Just get numbers 1-3 on your list and submit it.
Make sure your documents are GENINUE. Any mistakes(dob, name spelling) get an official document(affidavit which should be notarized ) to back you up and make sure you specify the mistake in your form.

You are not saying anytin if u made d £1000 accomodation down payment or not.Pls dude respond I beg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 10:18am On Jun 23, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ibudes: 10:20am On Jun 23, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 11:35am On Jun 23, 2012
Dapto:

You are not saying anytin if u made d £1000 accomodation down payment or not.Pls dude respond I beg

I did not pay any money for accomodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2012
A-ZeD:

I did not pay any money for accomodation.

Thanx Man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.