Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865009 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Frangbon: 6:13am On Sep 03, 2014
Baba1010: Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise on how to book appointment for TB test. I've made repeated calls to the numbers provided, no response. sent a mail, no response also? How did you go about yours?

Thanks
Go to any of the IOM offices in Lagos or Abuja in person or get someone to go for you to book
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 7:25am On Sep 03, 2014
DonOms:

You have nothing to worry about regarding late application. The status often change during the day till night but I doubt it does after midnight.
Try to relax and get your mind off it. Stop tracking every 10 mins. It's just 4 working days. Start tracking on the 9th working day. Remain positive smiley
Thank DonOms
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tomijnr(m): 8:19am On Sep 03, 2014
myfuture: Please people,the address of the first University I chose for my programme is written on my TB Screening medical certificate as my address in the UK but now I have chosen another school and I will enter the address of this university on my visa application form as my address in the UK.Will this affect my visa application?

Am sorry it will affect ur application which can lead to a refusal, cuz the address does not correspond with your new address on your tier four application. When I did mine I used my old passport number and when I want to put in for my visa my passport was almost expiring so I had to do a new one. So I went to citi bank to pay four thousand for change of information. Then went to IOM and requested for change of information. I was asked to wait and get the new certificate and I got it almost immediately. You won't have to do a new test. All they need do is to get the new address and fix it and they re issue another tb test. An advice from someone who has done it before
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by marypoppins2020: 8:37am On Sep 03, 2014
Hello house, please has anyone tried tracking their application online? I applied on 1st sept @ ikeja and I tried tracking using GWF number and my DOB but it says invalid request. What am I doing wrong. I've checked to make sure GWF r reference number is correct and it is. Pls help. Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 8:47am On Sep 03, 2014
Oh my god. I haven't wrote the address of my university in my TB screening report. Will that lead to a refusal ? shocked

Please help me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 9:03am On Sep 03, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

I can testify to these 2 bank statement things,please if you dont want to give yourself long thing kindly use one bank account because i used 2 and it caused confusion and my visa was refused then i had to reapply again with one statement before i got an approval email.
So my brother or sister kindly use one statement ohhhhhhhhh

hmmm ok, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2014
santhu123: Oh my god. I haven't wrote the address of my university in my TB screening report. Will that lead to a refusal ? shocked

Please help me.

OMG your English can lead to a 10 year ban!!

Na joke ooo

What address do you have there?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

OMG your English can lead to a 10 year ban!!

Na joke ooo

What address do you have there?

The address in uk field is blank in my report.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by flowales(m): 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
please in filling my visa application form.the tier 4 student section, should i fill the point claimed section or i should leave it blank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
Got my visa today from teleperformance. Thanks to every one who helped. kiss

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ibadangirl1: Got my visa today from teleperformance. Thanks to every one who helped. kiss

congrat

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
I actually used two bank statements .. And I got my visa today.

royal34:

hmmm ok, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ibadangirl1: Got my visa today from teleperformance. Thanks to every one who helped. kiss

Congratulations wink

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
flowales: please in filling my visa application form.the tier 4 student section, should i fill the point claimed section or i should leave it blank
You should fill it 30pts for Cas and 10pts if u have necessary documents concerning maintenance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beejaybida(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hello, everyone. VFS Ikeja rocks. Just picked up my Student Visitor visa up this morning after 8 working days. Goodluck to everyone expecting goodnews this week. Thanks also to Justwise, VicJustice and Co for all their Assistance

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Frangbon: 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
The wait begins today for me

Did my interview at VFS Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2014

beejaybida: Hello, everyone. VFS Ikeja rocks. Just picked up my Student Visitor visa up this morning after 8 working days. Goodluck to everyone expecting goodnews this week. Thanks also to Justwise, VicJustice and Co for all their Assistance

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
TereblePerformance God is watching you guys ohh on 6D tv.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
tomijnr:

Am sorry it will affect ur application which can lead to a refusal, cuz the address does not correspond with your new address on your tier four application. When I did mine I used my old passport number and when I want to put in for my visa my passport was almost expiring so I had to do a new one. So I went to citi bank to pay four thousand for change of information. Then went to IOM and requested for change of information. I was asked to wait and get the new certificate and I got it almost immediately. You won't have to do a new test. All they need do is to get the new address and fix it and they re issue another tb test. An advice from someone who has done it before

The bold is a lie and you went through a needless procedure.
You're advising someone on something you've not passed through and you're giving the advice in all certainty.
You could have just told them about the issue and sent in the expiring passport with your application.

@myfuture;
In the space where you have a chance to give more info on the application form, tell them about the address issue. simple

I was in an exact situation as you are and when i submitted my second application, that was exactly what i did. And my certificate was even going to expire in 2 weeks time. My Visa took a month plus and it was still successful.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
flowales: please in filling my visa application form.the tier 4 student section, should i fill the point claimed section or i should leave it blank

30 points for CAS
10 points for maintenance
40 Total
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please what questions were you asked at vfs abuja and what document did you have to submit and aside from the online form did you also submit the vaf self assessment and the app 8 forms

Frangbon: The wait begins today for me

Did my interview at VFS Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
marypoppins2020: Hello house, please has anyone tried tracking their application online? I applied on 1st sept @ ikeja and I tried tracking using GWF number and my DOB but it says invalid request. What am I doing wrong. I've checked to make sure GWF r reference number is correct and it is. Pls help. Thank you!
use the no on ur receipt from the embassy,lik IKA B/190814/179391/1,not Gwf no.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tomijnr(m): 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
spikesC:

The bold is a lie and you went through a needless procedure.
You're advising someone on something you've not passed through and you're giving the advice in all certainty.
You could have just told them about the issue and sent in the expiring passport with your application.

@myfuture;
In the space where you have a chance to give more info on the application form, tell them about the address issue. simple

I was in an exact situation as you are and when i submitted my second application, that was exactly what i did. And my certificate was even going to expire in 2 weeks time. My Visa took a month plus and it was still successful.

If u feel he should go ahead no problem. The dude is talking different schools and not passport number, I. Have a personal experience so I can offer an advice so it can be itch free and the ECO won't find any excuse, that's the same way I was advised too. Its better to take precautions, #4000 won't kill. But if he wants to go ahead with two different schools address goodluck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
beejaybida: Hello, everyone. VFS Ikeja rocks. Just picked up my Student Visitor visa up this morning after 8 working days. Goodluck to everyone expecting goodnews this week. Thanks also to Justwise, VicJustice and Co for all their Assistance
Congratulations brother! I have been searching a student visitor visa applicant and thank God I'm able to see one now. Please Bro, what are the lists of documents you submitted? And I really wanna know about the bank statement you submitted? How much did you have in that bank account and is it 28days bank statement like that of tier 4? Please kindly help me with full details. God bless you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beejaybida(m): 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
What are you going for? Training? Conference? Interview etc? Are you sponsoring yourself or being sponsored? By an organisation or an individual? Will they cover all expenses or some? will you go alone or accompanied? what documents were you sent by the organising entity? Sorry i am asking, but the more info you provide the easier it is for good people here to properly advise you. For me: All expeses paid by my employer- a govt agency, so no bank statement from office obviously. i attached mine cos am going with family for only a week and i had abt 650k but not for 28days like tier4. My employer gave me intro letter saying they will cover all my expenses save for my family's and i also had training invitation letter from the course organisers in the UK. i also attached employment letter, marriage cert, birth certs, landed property papers, payslips, travel insurance, etc to prove social and economic ties.
easytalkwitbabs: Congratulations brother! I have been searching a student visitor visa applicant and thank God I'm able to see one now. Please Bro, what are the lists of documents you submitted? And I really wanna know about the bank statement you submitted? How much did you have in that bank account and is it 28days bank statement like that of tier 4? Please kindly help me with full details. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
tomijnr:

If u feel he should go ahead no problem. The dude is talking different schools and not passport number, I. Have a personal experience so I can offer an advice so it can be itch free and the ECO won't find any excuse, that's the same way I was advised too. Its better to take precautions, #4000 won't kill. But if he wants to go ahead with two different schools address goodluck

You really didn't read my post, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
Teleperformance since 6th of August God is watching oo

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by anonymous26: 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
submitted on the 27th and got an email today saying my application had been approved and my visa has been issued and should be in the VFS for pick up in 2 days cheesy so 6 working days! thank God!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
msRager: Teleperformance since 6th of August God is watching oo

Have you tried going there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by BossLadyCEO: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
justwise:

Convert that £12200 plus £7380 maintenance money to naira and see if that 5M is enough. Use 15th of August exchange rate.

Since an agent is involved in this I will not be replying further on this, somebody is paid already to do this job. Have a discussion with that agent. Good luck

Thanks at justwise for this. U were actually right tho I was mad at u cos of d agent stuff u mentioned. Thankfully got my package delivered 2day at my Enugu lodge even tho I neither received message nor test that I paid wit my hard earned 400naira. I got a refusal tho, and d reason been wht u stated above. EcO said my tuition is£ 12200 wit maintenance £7380 making 19580, bt that my LG scholarship is worth 5M which is only £18444. And that they contacted my LG if they were willing to be responsible for the rest of the maintenance, but they declined. And since I have nt provided any further evidence of any other funds, that it wsnt sufficient.
I quote 'd doc u ave provided do no demon dt u r in possession of d req funds... I am therefore....bla bla.

So, I can say u were right.
but nw I intend to reapply this time adding my mom's statement. But the problem is that latest arrival date for my course is oct 1st, and b4 I can get a new CAS and reapply can be like tue or wed leaving exactly 14 or 15 working days 4 processing, and we knw d standard is to allow 15 working days. Pls am confused, wht can I do. Shd I still go ahead and reapply or just forfeit the admission thus d scholarship. It's really the scholarship that is paining me if it's wasted. Pls I need some suggestions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
beejaybida: What are you going for? Training? Conference? Interview etc? Are you sponsoring yourself or being sponsored? By an organisation or an individual? Will they cover all expenses or some? will you go alone or accompanied? what documents were you sent by the organising entity? Sorry i am asking, but the more info you provide the easier it is for good people here to properly advise you. For me: All expeses paid by my employer- a govt agency, so no bank statement from office obviously. i attached mine cos am going with family for only a week and i had abt 650k but not for 28days like tier4. My employer gave me intro letter saying they will cover all my expenses save for my family's and i also had training invitation letter from the course organisers in the UK. i also attached employment letter, marriage cert, birth certs, landed property papers, payslips, travel insurance, etc to prove social and economic ties.
Oh thank you! Based on your questions, I'm going alone, sponsoring myself and I'm also paying the fees myself. I'm going for a one month training. So based on your bank statement you submitted, it covered how many months? Once again, thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
BossLadyCEO:

Thanks at justwise for this. U were actually right tho I was mad at u cos of d agent stuff u mentioned. Thankfully got my package delivered 2day at my Enugu lodge even tho I neither received message nor test that I paid wit my hard earned 400naira. I got a refusal tho, and d reason been wht u stated above. EcO said my tuition is£ 12200 wit maintenance £7380 making 19580, bt that my LG scholarship is worth 5M which is only £18444. And that they contacted my LG if they were willing to be responsible for the rest of the maintenance, but they declined. And since I have nt provided any further evidence of any other funds, that it wsnt sufficient.
I quote 'd doc u ave provided do no demon dt u r in possession of d req funds... I am therefore....bla bla.

So, I can say u were right.
but nw I intend to reapply this time adding my mom's statement. But the problem is that latest arrival date for my course is oct 1st, and b4 I can get a new CAS and reapply can be like tue or wed leaving exactly 14 or 15 working days 4 processing, and we knw d standard is to allow 15 working days. Pls am confused, wht can I do. Shd I still go ahead and reapply or just forfeit the admission thus d scholarship. It's really the scholarship that is paining me if it's wasted. Pls I need some suggestions

The money in your mom's account, has it been up to a consecutive 28days?

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.