Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865138 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Mond101: 6:39am On Oct 18, 2014
henry0:
All thanks to everybody on this thread, most especially @Justwise

Just got my passport smiley cheesy this morning from red star express..

Applied at TP abuja 24th sept, got approved on monday 29th oct.

@henry0 how long altogether did it take tp to courier your passport back to you?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:14am On Oct 18, 2014
percyfaya:
@justwise,@spikesC,and all
i am filling my form online and got to this section:Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK or a Commonwealth Country, in the last 10 years?
i have been outside the country to South Africa,Cyprus,Maldives,Tanzania and Uganda these are all commonwealth countries,should i still list them or just click No.
please just need clarification.Thank you

List all the countries you have traveled before and also submit the passport that has the stamps of those countries even if its the old passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CoCoLav(f): 9:55am On Oct 18, 2014
Hello everyone, pls I am just starting my application and I would be following this thread from time to time because I know nothing about this applications.

@justwise and others you guys are doing a good job here. Please does anyone know schools in the UK that do not require Nigerians to write TOEFL or IELTS for masters programme.

I am currently applying to Derby, Strathclyde and Nottingham, any information will be appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:17am On Oct 18, 2014
CoCoLav:
Hello everyone, pls I am just starting my application and I would be following this thread from time to time because I know nothing about this applications.

@justwise and others you guys are doing a good job here. Please does anyone know schools in the UK that do not require Nigerians to write TOEFL or IELTS for masters programme.

I am currently applying to Derby, Strathclyde and Nottingham, any information will be appreciated.

No school will state categorically that you don't require TOEFL or IELTS, they will only make that decision after going through your qualifications then you may be asked to write one or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CoCoLav(f): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2014
justwise:

No school will state categorically that you don't require TOEFL or IELTS, they will only make that decision after going through your qualifications then you may be asked to write one or not.

Okay, thanks. Although while going through the country specific information for Strathclyde and Nottingham, it stated that Nigerian students do not require an English test while Nottingham said if you have spent the last ten years (Secondary school and Undergrad) in Nigeria and obtained a Bsc then you won't be required to write another test although you must have scored a C or above in SSCE or GCE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by henry0: 10:46am On Oct 18, 2014
[quote author=Mond101 post=27238650][/quote]
Its took 5 working days..that was becuase of the 2 sallah days though..yours won't exceed 2 to 3 days..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Oct 18, 2014
CoCoLav:

Okay, thanks. Although while going through the country specific information for Strathclyde and Nottingham, it stated that Nigerian students do not require an English test while Nottingham said if you have spent the last ten years (Secondary school and Undergrad) in Nigeria and obtained a Bsc then you won't be required to write another test although you must have scored a C or above in SSCE or GCE.

Sure you see those generic info but if your result is not good enough you will still be asked to write one. It's also an issue during visa interview even if your school asked you not to write one.

You be shocked to know that a PhD applicant was asked to write one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CoCoLav(f): 11:50am On Oct 18, 2014
justwise:

Sure you see those generic info but if your result is not good enough you will still be asked to write one. It's also an issue during visa interview even if your school asked you not to write one.

You be shocked to know that a PhD applicant was asked to write one.

Wow! thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
CoCoLav:

Wow! thanks.

Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deoluwatinto(m): 1:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
cc @justwise ... I wanna find out about what other alternatives are there to invite a friend over as a general visitor.... the main problem is bank statements for 3 months to show i can sponsor the person as i have just been here for under a month.. the friend would like to come over by xmas though, but applying earlier i blv is okay to leave time for eventualities..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
deoluwatinto:
cc @justwise ... I wanna find out about what other alternatives are there to invite a friend over as a general visitor.... the main problem is bank statements for 3 months to show i can sponsor the person as i have just been here for under a month.. the friend would like to come over by xmas though, but applying earlier i blv is okay to leave time for eventualities..

If your friend works or have a business that brings in good amount of money then your friend can sponsor himself without your contribution. Even if you have all the money needed he still need to proof his strong tie to home country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deoluwatinto(m): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
justwise:

If your friend works or have a business that brings in good amount of money then your friend can sponsor himself without your contribution. Even if you have all the money needed he still need to proof his strong tie to home country.

my friend has got strong ties to home country as he his a student, but not sure he has the financial capacity, i just wanna know if the bank statements i have to produce have to be exactly 3 months or older or cld t be earlier..... or there could be another sponsor different from both of us?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
deoluwatinto:

my friend has got strong ties to home country as he his a student, but not sure he has the financial capacity, i just wanna know if the bank statements i have to produce have to be exactly 3 months or older or cld t be earlier..... or there could be another sponsor different from both of us?

It's going to be a tall order because both of you are students with no source of income. Being a student in Nigeria is not really a strong tie to Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by deoluwatinto(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
justwise:

It's going to be a tall order because both of you are students with no source of income. Being a student in Nigeria is not really a strong tie to Nigeria.
so what do u advice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
deoluwatinto:

so what do u advice?

It's not feasible at the moment, your friend does not meet the requirements at the moment and you are not in a better position to sponsor him. This is merely my personal opinion, you can give it a go if you want.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KingRuckus: 7:35am On Oct 19, 2014
Happy Sunday guys, please I'm confused on something.. I've done my calculations & the funds i'd need to show is £13,680. (after paying deposit). that wud be in my account dis week.

So please i'd like to know, if I'm to print the Oanda conversion now Or ending of November when i'd apply (28 days).

And since this rate ain't constant.. someone please tell me a safe value to use.
Thank You all!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
KingRuckus:
Happy Sunday guys, please I'm confused on something.. I've done my calculations & the funds i'd need to show is £13,680. (after paying deposit). that wud be in my account dis week.

So please i'd like to know, if I'm to print the Oanda conversion now Or ending of November when i'd apply (28 days).

And since this rate ain't constant.. someone please tell me a safe value to use.
Thank You all!

Print it when your account clocked 28days. Don't worry about interest rate fluctuations as long as you deposited the correct amount from day one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Merry09(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
It is all about meeting their requirement and no mistake if you have your money,you will get there !

Mind you,the actual amount has to be in your account for 28 days !

E.G

If your require amount is N2.9m and you completed the deposit into your account withing a month,you must wait till the N2.9m stays in your account for 28days before you can print it out !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Merry09:
It is all about meeting their requirement and no mistake if you have your money,you will get there !

But how much do you need to apply for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Merry09(m): 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
What type of visa ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
Merry09:
What type of visa ?

Student visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bakandow11: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
justwise:
Please continue posting your questions/enquires here, part1 has reached and passed 100 pages.

See part1 here for references https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-331618.0.html

. . .sorry for the inconvenience. . .

Thank you.

. . . . .>>>Update . . .  .>>> (from ell77)

CHANGE: Further changes from April 2012
From April 2012, the following changes will also be made, as previously indicated in the statement of intent published on 31 March 2011:
•   Work placements - these will be restricted to one-third of the course, unless the course is at degree level and the sponsor is a higher education institution or the student is on a study abroad programme.
•   Time limits in Tier 4 - we will limit the time students can spend at degree level to 5 years, with certain exemptions for longer courses and doctorates at higher education institutions.
•   Tier 1 Post-study work - this will be closed from April 2012, however we will retain a route into sponsored graduate employment through Tier 2 of the points-based system.
U dnt av to close the thread am new on nairaland and i can see u guys av gone far. how do you expect me to catch up with your isuue of part 6 part 7.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
bakandow11:

U dnt av to close the thread am new on nairaland and i can see u guys av gone far. how do you expect me to catch up with your isuue of part 6 part 7.

Close which thread?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bakandow11: 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
justwise:

Close which thread?
uk school stuff....i have the plan to study in u.k sometimes later, a proper preparation they say prevent a poor performance, av bin trying to atlist get d details of all the neccessary tinx i will need, all ur travelling threads av gone to up to part/season 4. i was so happy to see a new begining then suddenly it was closed and a link of ur old thread was placed beneath.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
bakandow11:

uk school stuff

I don't know what you are talking about
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bakandow11: 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
justwise:

I don't know what you are talking about
MR. JUSTWISE? am interested in knowing the cost of travelling to U.K for a master degree in biomedical engineering and the neccessary papers i must av. The cheapest will be most appreciated. thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
bakandow11:

MR. JUSTWISE? am interested in knowing the cost of travelling to U.K for a master degree in biomedical engineering and the neccessary papers i must av. The cheapest will be most appreciated. thank you

I'm sorry but that is the research you need to do yourself. Use Google and search for schools in the UK and their requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by KingRuckus: 2:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
Justwise Thanks Bro, just to be sure, let's say d rate is 265.774 on Wednesday (22nd Oct.)..my deposit shd be #3,625,200 but i credit #3.7m instead. So by uhmm, 24th Nov. I should print my Oanda & get bank statement right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bakandow11: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
justwise:

I'm sorry but that is the research you need to do yourself. Use Google and search for schools in the UK and their requirements.
Ain't you thesame justwise...
Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10
Welcome to part 6 of Traveling to Canada thread, part 5 has reached 500 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your inquiries and contributions here.

Part 5 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

(Quote) (Report) (Like) 8 Shares (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ChriGo(m): 5:57pm On Aug 10
......Baba God Noni......

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lillaowow(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10
YAGGA!!!!!!!.... I'm moving Higher. You're all welcome to another era of good news, Medicals, TRVs, Flight booking, Ebola free Zone. God be with us all.

(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Amefrica(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10
Glory be to GOD!!

Brand new part ...may God put smile on every applicant face like he did for me.. This part shall record more success stories than any part ever.

What more can I say - Na Jehova noni!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.