Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864167 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sangfroid100: 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hello House, I am currently in the UK on a 3yr Tier4 General student visa (after paying £3000), I have spent 1 yr but not in school cos I took In, besides, I do not have the intention of going back to the school. I need ur advice on 2 things ;

1. Can I change my sponsor to that of a school within my location as my Sponsor is a 3hr drive frm where i reside.(How easy is that?)
2. Even if I do not attend any school and I want to extend the Visa, can I just register for a module of ACCA and apply?.

Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
If the school that you are supposed to be attending is on the
UKBA Tier4 Sponsors List of Highly Trusted, A Rated schools and they were what you used for visa.
They should have notified the UKBA that you are not attending and have broken the visa conditions.
So UKBA will have you listed as visa fraud.
Any attempt to contact them could lead to arrest and deportation & ban.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
ochukoccna:

Thanks justwise,another question though
Is it possible to get a student visa if you have more than enough money in your account but its not been there for 28 days&above?
Can one even be considered a visa?
I'm thinking NO!, kuku wait for September entry?
But my quandry is I've paid a deposit(3500 out of 8000 pounds)&the only way to reclaim it is having a visa refusal
I'm thinking maybe I should apply,get a refusal,get my money back and look to Canada for Sept admission instead of the UK which offers very few opportunities for students who are looking to emigrate after their studies
Hope the refusal wont be a sort of negative checkmark in later applications to other countries?
Why go spend all that money in UK&not be able to relocate unlike Canada which would warmly (the place cold sha O) recieve you?

Before Oga Justwise shares his thoughts, let me drop a few lines. I know that's a lot of money to dash out to any School. It is logical to conclude that such visa application would be refused if the required fund was not in your account for 28days before submission.

It seems your mind is made up already, deliberately allowing BHC to deny your visa application might not be a nice start to 'building' travel history. Unless you have a good travel history already(different strokes for different embassy though). I know you are trying to take precautions, luckily you might have a different story to tell as an international student. 'e no work for lagbaja no mean say e no go work for tamedo'

My opinion though. I can only wish you luck with your decisions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by aeda: 1:07am On Jan 18, 2013
Hey guys...i submitted my application on the 27th and today is making it the 15th working day and the start date written on the admission letter is 21st which is monday ....still expectant that i'll get the visa today .Has anyone that submitted about that time gotten a reply yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 4:07am On Jan 18, 2013
aeda: Hey guys...i submitted my application on the 27th and today is making it the 15th working day and the start date written on the admission letter is 21st which is monday ....still expectant that i'll get the visa today .Has anyone that submitted about that time gotten a reply yet?

Mine was on the 28th and my admission letter states 24th... I am worried though as my tracking status is still at the BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION...
Please, does anyone know what we can do to help our anxiety
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 11:09am On Jan 18, 2013
Good morning all.

Just wanna share my experience and ordeal boarding a qatar airway to london.
we took off from lagos to doha 15th of jan hoping to arrive @ london on the 16th.
my ticket was booked on wakanow.com.

on boarding my final flight, i was given a shocker of my life saying i can't proceed to the uk cos my visa reads 21st as the valid date. i tried persuading them but all yielded to noting. came back to lagos yesterday and was asked to book another flight for 21.

does anyone in the house tink i need contact my agent (wakanow.com) or proceed to buying another ticket?

awaits your response.

cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 5:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
^^^^^ Sorry about that angry, I'm going to avoid blaming you, but those officials at MMA. It shows they aint doing what is expected of them, all they want is ROGER!!! cheesy

Well, I have never used wakanow, I booked my ticket directly from qatarairways.com and proceeded to make payment at their VI office. Please, biko, daalu, wait until 21st before you move abeg.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmy4eve: 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
thanks so much future don.

our officials aren't doing noting. they only tried to extort you once recognized as a first time traveler.

Errors corrected cry and i have booked a new flight to london for 21st of january.

kudos to you all in d house.

cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2013
calebo101: Thanks to Justwise and all in the house for your advise and help. I finally got my visa. I am so grateful to you all. God bless you.

Congratulations!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by aeda: 6:15am On Jan 19, 2013
@pete...lol...theres nothing any1 can do ...its just to hold on and be expectant ...ur 15th day is monday ...its well!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 10:43am On Jan 19, 2013
aeda: @pete...lol...theres nothing any1 can do ...its just to hold on and be expectant ...ur 15th day is monday ...its well!!

I pray this works out... Your own suppose to be ready by monday...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
Applied for a visa last week thursday...waiting for a reply..I met all requirement and I've paid my full tuition of £10000 and have £17000 for maintenance more than d required £7200 hope it no problem.. Am going to the University of Portsmouth..anyone going there or already there? Sorry guys am new here..thanks to dis thread I received some helpful advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by aeda: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
@pete my 15th day was on friday and i got a text abt past 4 saying my application is ready so i'ld be there to pick up my visa monday morning ...urs should be ready by monday too...all the best !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2013
abba22s: Applied for a visa last week thursday...waiting for a reply..I met all requirement and I've paid my full tuition of £10000 and have £17000 for maintenance more than d required £7200 hope it no problem.. Am going to the University of Portsmouth..anyone going there or already there? Sorry guys am new here..thanks to dis thread I received some helpful advice

No shaking!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
FutureDon:

No shaking!!
Future don I see u Jare thanks for d assurance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hello house, pls I will be going to Cyprus international university for my master degree to nite. How possible it is for me to move to UK from there considering the fact that CIU also have a UK dual degree to Sunderland and Wolverhampton?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
abba22s:
Future don I see u Jare thanks for d assurance

Hello, happy to see a fellow going to UoP too. I am going to UoP but still waiting for my visa which should be due dis week. Lets keep in touch anyway
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
peteafrik88:

Hello, happy to see a fellow going to UoP too. I am going to UoP but still waiting for my visa which should be due dis week. Lets keep in touch anyway
Sure we keep in touch bro..am going for electronic engineering and U? And please wen did u apply for the Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 11:10am On Jan 21, 2013
abba22s:
Sure we keep in touch bro..am going for electronic engineering and U? And please wen did u apply for the Visa?

I am going for Business Enterprise Development. I applied for my visa on 28th of December, for January intake. This is my email: peteafrik88@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
Hello guys..I've applied for my visa but am a bit concern..I used both my Waec statement of result from my school and the online printed version together wit a scratch Card..but I just discovered that the Exam number in my statement of result is not complete but the one in d online version is correct..please is there any cause for alarm?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
I've been refused a Visa to US before will it affect the number of Days required to process my UK visa which is 15 working days. Is it going to take more Days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
Got my text from VFS yesterday that my application is processed and ready for collection in Lagos where I applied from. I will be going on friday to collect it.
My lil question is concerning the money I used for the application (Tuition, Accommodation and maintenance money). Can I withdraw em all from my domicillary account, as I intend to deposit it into my Master card savings account before traveling? Or must I leave it till I get over there before making arrangements to get em transfered? Thanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by aeda: 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hey guys i got my visa yesterday ...it was issued since friday... but i had to declare my collection slip missing as i travelled to abuja to get the visa without it.. i had to undergo gettin police extracts and an affidavit ...but after everything i got my package opened it,and saw my visa smilin @ me lol am so over the moon right now !!give all glory and thanks to noone but God...!Thank u justwise for all your help ..u rily are "just wise"...and also tnx to every1...u guys rock !!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thank you, just wise. u are such a blessing to many. i intend applying by September but my NECO certificate has 1 letter misspelt.. intend of "Osayuki" they wrote "osayuku"...the other names are correct "Idehen Newton" will i have issues. please reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
yhuki: Thank you, just wise. u are such a blessing to many. i intend applying by September but my NECO certificate has 1 letter misspelt.. intend of "Osayuki" they wrote "osayuku"...the other names are correct "Idehen Newton" will i have issues. please reply

If all other documents are ok then you got nothing to worry about, just remember to use the blank space in the application form to remind the ECO about the mistake, don't let him or her see it first.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
aeda: Hey guys i got my visa yesterday ...it was issued since friday... but i had to declare my collection slip missing as i travelled to abuja to get the visa without it.. i had to undergo gettin police extracts and an affidavit ...but after everything i got my package opened it,and saw my visa smilin @ me lol am so over the moon right now !!give all glory and thanks to noone but God...!Thank u justwise for all your help ..u rily are "just wise"...and also tnx to every1...u guys rock !!!!

Congratulation aeda , really happy for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
peteafrik88: Got my text from VFS yesterday that my application is processed and ready for collection in Lagos where I applied from. I will be going on friday to collect it.
My lil question is concerning the money I used for the application (Tuition, Accommodation and maintenance money). Can I withdraw em all from my domicillary account, as I intend to deposit it into my Master card savings account before traveling? Or must I leave it till I get over there before making arrangements to get em transfered? Thanx

You can do that but print out the deposit receipt or any proof that will show that you have transfer the money into your master card and take it along with you, take about £1000-2000 cash for immediate needs when you get to the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
abba22s: Hello guys..I've applied for my visa but am a bit concern..I used both my Waec statement of result from my school and the online printed version together wit a scratch Card..but I just discovered that the Exam number in my statement of result is not complete but the one in d online version is correct..please is there any cause for alarm?
abba22s: I've been refused a Visa to US before will it affect the number of Days required to process my UK visa which is 15 working days. Is it going to take more Days?
just wise and others please my inquiry needs responses pls answer me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
abba22s: I've been refused a Visa to US before will it affect the number of Days required to process my UK visa which is 15 working days. Is it going to take more Days?

I don't think it will affect it, 15 working days is just the minimum number of days it takes to process your visa, it could take even more than 20 working days depending on how busy the period is.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
abba22s: Hello guys..I've applied for my visa but am a bit concern..I used both my Waec statement of result from my school and the online printed version together wit a scratch Card..but I just discovered that the Exam number in my statement of result is not complete but the one in d online version is correct..please is there any cause for alarm?

Just keep your fingers crossed because there is nothing you can do about it now, hopeful the ECO will not notice it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abba22s(m): 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thanks justwise well appreciated....but base on assumptions do u think this season is a busy one?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.