Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864192 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:22am On Mar 15, 2012
the_rabbi: Hello,
My case is peculiar.
Up until December 2011, I worked in a bank. I quit my job after I got my admission for my course which is to begin on the 26th of March.
and run for a little less than 6 months.
To keep busy, I began doing some work from home through my company which I had registered in December 2011 as well. I didnt have
a corporate account due to the fact that I was scheduled to leave soon and also because i had to get a Tax number so my clients paid
directly into my personal account.

I applied for a Student Visitor visa and was refused on the following grounds.

1. I am not satisfied you have provided me with an accurate record of your situation and employment in Nigeria.
You have stated that you currently run a business and have submitted a certificate of registration of business
name to this effect. However you have not provided sufficient evidence that the company is still trading for example
documents showing profit and turnover, a company bank statement and income tax papers.

2. You have stated that you receive a personal monthly income. However you have not submitted sufficient evidence
to substantiate this claim, for example a personal bank statement showing your stated monthly income and personal
tax papers establishing that your income is as claimed.

My school allows late resumption up until the 2nd of April. I want to reapply but I need suggestions on how best to
do it.

Thanks.

The ECO has clearly pointed out where you went wrong, its simply case of you addressing those points raised by the ECO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cfranky: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2012
Pls i need your advice. My friend just got a job with an oil servicing firm. the pay is 120k per month...but he has aready paid a deposit of 6000 pounds for a UK school...which i think is none refundable...he is now confuse. should is take the offer or go to UK for studies? pls advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Macheus(m): 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
Urgent Info. Pls!!
I applied to London School of Business and Finance and have paid half of tuition fees (£6200) but right about now am perplexed on how to go about funding my account with these amount; £3100 balance for tuition and £5400 for feeding,accomodation along with other expense like that. However am here to solicit for help from anyone to assist on this. The actual money needed is £3100+£5400 =£8500 which is equivalent to N2,210000 going by 260 exchange rate. I'll be glad if anyone will help or any other alternative. Many thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:28am On Mar 21, 2012
Macheus: Urgent Info. Pls!!
I applied to London School of Business and Finance and have paid half of tuition fees (£6200) but right about now am perplexed on how to go about funding my account with these amount; £3100 balance for tuition and £5400 for feeding,accomodation along with other expense like that. However am here to solicit for help from anyone to assist on this. The actual money needed is £3100+£5400 =£8500 which is equivalent to N2,210000 going by 260 exchange rate. I'll be glad if anyone will help or any other alternative. Many thanks!

Are you asking people to contribute towards your fees or what?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Macheus(m): 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2012
No not all but if any one could do that,I'll appreciate, lol! But on a more serious note am stucked now,all I seek for is any individual or a company's account that I make use of or rather any other way I can go about. I welcome all your sincere opinions. Merci beaucoup!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2012
You will be refused a visa and banned for ten yrs if you do that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessTyia: 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2012
Hello every1,am a new user.I jst submitted my application on the 19th of dis month,submitted my waec result,bsc certificate from my uni,my transcript,toefl print out with my username and password written on it,my cas statement and my bank statement ... I also submitted my Nysc certificate...the wait is killing me....pls I hope I submitted everything expected .m so worried.I hv bn to d UK ova 3 tyms on a visit visa and my visa expires by the end of this year...I hope dts an advantage for me..I hope the toefl print out won't be a problem....pls I need prayers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princesyeed: 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2012
@justwise I planning to study in uk, I have an uncle overthere. My question is that, can my uncle make payment for the tuition fee overthere? I mean in uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princesyeed: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
@justwise I planning to study in uk, I have an uncle overthere. My question is that, can my uncle make payment for the tuition fee overthere? I mean in uk.
And also I'm 30yrs does this mean anything to UKBA?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by carfreak: 1:31am On Apr 03, 2012
Justwise..... Justwise.....

Na wa ooo, u still dey this job? Congrats o. I salute your patience. More like u are needed.

I've not been having the ball of my life i expected. In fact, i can see my Distinction plans for my MBA fading gradually. No be small thing at all. I should advise anyone thinking of working and studying to think it well ooo. Assignments will finish you.. anyway shebi na if u see work self. Now i'm wishing they rank MBAs as per 2nd class upper bt info reaching me indicates nothing like that. Its either Distinction, Merit, Pass or Fail. I never give up sha for the Distinction bt no be small thing. Swansea, Wales is the most peculiar place in Britain, I have ever visited. kai. The place dry pass stockfish bt cost of living is reasonable sha.

The latest changes on visas made me hussle my family's application because i no get that kind money wey dem don dey ask for. Thankfully, my wife and biological kids were issued dependent visas 3 weeks ago however, my step-daughter was denied on account of doubts as to my responsibility for her, so I have appealed it with supporting docs such as tuition fee receipts, family pix.. etc.

U certainly have some comic requests in the house sha.. Mattheus and co.. I wan burst my belle with laugh. People, take note oo.. If you are coming with the intention of working part time, plan well oo because u may not get part time work for at least 6months. If u do full time an dem catch u, ILEYA. I have met people who have been searching for even full time work for a year, nothing nice. Yours sincerely was lucky to get a place in a warehouse for just 3months and now i'm out of work. People were even congratulating me that i was quick, so prepare ur mind.

However if u are married, try to carry your spouse along. Thats ur best option, at least as u are investing in their economy, your spouse will be saving for you people. Right now, the UK has lost its appeal and is bent on chasing Non-Eu personnel away. The schools are complaining, bt the government isnt listening so take note.

Gotta go now, will try and be regular going forward.

cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2012
carfreak: Justwise..... Justwise.....

Na wa ooo, u still dey this job? Congrats o. I salute your patience. More like u are needed.

I've not been having the ball of my life i expected. In fact, i can see my Distinction plans for my MBA fading gradually. No be small thing at all. I should advise anyone thinking of working and studying to think it well ooo. Assignments will finish you.. anyway shebi na if u see work self. Now i'm wishing they rank MBAs as per 2nd class upper bt info reaching me indicates nothing like that. Its either Distinction, Merit, Pass or Fail. I never give up sha for the Distinction bt no be small thing. Swansea, Wales is the most peculiar place in Britain, I have ever visited. kai. The place dry pass stockfish bt cost of living is reasonable sha.

The latest changes on visas made me hussle my family's application because i no get that kind money wey dem don dey ask for. Thankfully, my wife and biological kids were issued dependent visas 3 weeks ago however, my step-daughter was denied on account of doubts as to my responsibility for her, so I have appealed it with supporting docs such as tuition fee receipts, family pix.. etc.

U certainly have some comic requests in the house sha.. Mattheus and co.. I wan burst my belle with laugh. People, take note oo.. If you are coming with the intention of working part time, plan well oo because u may not get part time work for at least 6months. If u do full time an dem catch u, ILEYA. I have met people who have been searching for even full time work for a year, nothing nice. Yours sincerely was lucky to get a place in a warehouse for just 3months and now i'm out of work. People were even congratulating me that i was quick, so prepare ur mind.

However if u are married, try to carry your spouse along. Thats ur best option, at least as u are investing in their economy, your spouse will be saving for you people. Right now, the UK has lost its appeal and is bent on chasing Non-Eu personnel away. The schools are complaining, bt the government isnt listening so take note.

Gotta go now, will try and be regular going forward.

cheers.

Hmmmmm. . .long time, i think say enjoyment don make you 4get us here. Just keep going, u will be ok, surely its tough out there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kid7soccer(m): 1:25am On Apr 10, 2012
Good evening everyone, please i intend studying in the UK to do a 3yrs degree course (law) please am i to pay my 3yrs fees and show proof of 3yrs of my upkeep or am i suppose to pay 1yr of my tuition and show proof of just 1yr upkeep money. am applying under tier 4 general student, thanks for your help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:08am On Apr 10, 2012
kid7soccer: Good evening everyone, please i intend studying in the UK to do a 3yrs degree course (law) please am i to pay my 3yrs fees and show proof of 3yrs of my upkeep or am i suppose to pay 1yr of my tuition and show proof of just 1yr upkeep money. am applying under tier 4 general student, thanks for your help

That is your answer there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2012
hi,

has anyone looked at the new immigration rules. I just want to know if i missed anything, it seems the forms for student visa have not changed.

Just want to be sure
can anyone confirm this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maryini(f): 2:49am On Apr 11, 2012
Nothing in the application process has changed but if you were thinking you could work after completing your course forget about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 8:40pm On Apr 15, 2012
@justwise I have read most of your post. They were really helpful especially the ones with elly. My question is simple. I have been given a conditional offer to a UK University. I am ready to make payments,however I studied in Ghana and I sent my transcript when applying to the Uk University. The problem is I didn't do Student Resident Permit whilst in Ghana. Would this be a problem for me? If it would be,what do you suggest I do. I will welcome answers from other individuals in the house. Thank you very much. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Apr 15, 2012
donlexs: @justwise I have read most of your post. They were really helpful especially the ones with elly. My question is simple. I have been given a conditional offer to a UK University. I am ready to make payments,however I studied in Ghana and I sent my transcript when applying to the Uk University. The problem is I didn't do Student Resident Permit whilst in Ghana. Would this be a problem for me? If it would be,what do you suggest I do. I will welcome answers from other individuals in the house. Thank you very much. grin

That will not affect ur visa application as you will be judged purely on meeting UK student visa requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
Thanks very much @justwise. Pardon me for asking too many questions.but what do I do if I dont have the Original copy of my WAEC Results and can you tell me the most popular reasons for individuals who are refused UK Study visas. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:51am On Apr 16, 2012
donlexs: Thanks very much @justwise. Pardon me for asking too many questions.but what do I do if I dont have the Original copy of my WAEC Results and can you tell me the most popular reasons for individuals who are refused UK Study visas. Thanks.

What happened to your original WAEC result? I'm not really sure if the BHC accepts photocopy, maybe somebody with personal experience in that regard can help.

There is nothing like 'most popular reason' of refusing somebody UK student visa, you will be refused if you failed to meet any of the requirements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 1:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
justwise:

What happened to your original WAEC result? I'm not really sure if the BHC accepts photocopy, maybe somebody with personal experience in that regard can help.

There is nothing like 'most popular reason' of refusing somebody UK student visa, you will be refused if you failed to meet any of the requirements

Okay. Thanks very much. I'll get the info about the waec certificate. And just by the way,I have not collected it yet and I heard the process of collecting it is tedious. If I am to resume in September 2012,when is the earliest I can apply for a visa? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
donlexs:

Okay. Thanks very much. I'll get the info about the waec certificate. And just by the way,I have not collected it yet and I heard the process of collecting it is tedious. If I am to resume in September 2012,when is the earliest I can apply for a visa? Thanks.

Apply June to avoid July-August crazy season
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 18, 2012
justwise

Would an exisiting visiting visa affect a student visa?

I ask because I have an existing visiting visa which expires in November 2012. I'm applying end of June, school resumption is 24th Sept so I expect the visa to be valid from August 24th(pls correct me if I'm wrong).

Would there be anything wrong in my travelling before the validity of the student visa? since the visit visa is still valid

Would they cancel the months left on the visit visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:05am On Apr 19, 2012
salsera:
justwise

Would an exisiting visiting visa affect a student visa?

I ask because I have an existing visiting visa which expires in November 2012. I'm applying end of June, school resumption is 24th Sept so I expect the visa to be valid from August 24th(pls correct me if I'm wrong).

Would there be anything wrong in my travelling before the validity of the student visa? since the visit visa is still valid

Would they cancel the months left on the visit visa?

You want to travel by August or when?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by shemy: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
How much do i need to have in my account before applying for student visa? My husband is my sponsor, Shoild it be the complete tuition fee,accomodation and maintenance or some and evidence that other could be paid like regular income.Also, should the money be transferred to my account? Aso,can i continue using any of our bank with GTB or at what point do you open an account over there in other words do i travel with cash?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:40am On Apr 20, 2012
shemy: How much do i need to have in my account before applying for student visa? My husband is my sponsor, Shoild it be the complete tuition fee,accomodation and maintenance or some and evidence that other could be paid like regular income.Also, should the money be transferred to my account? Aso,can i continue using any of our bank with GTB or at what point do you open an account over there in other words do i travel with cash?

This links will answer all that questions and many more http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-guidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2012
justwise:

This links will answer all that questions and many more http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-guidance.pdf

Thanks for answering my questions. The links you posted are more than helpful and I believe they will help me with the application process. Thanks once again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:46am On Apr 20, 2012
donlexs:

Thanks for answering my questions. The links you posted are more than helpful and I believe they will help me with the application process. Thanks once again.

No worries, i'm glad it helped. Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2012
justwise:
You want to travel by August or when?

Plan to travel early August probabaly 2nd week Aug in fact cos I planned a short weekend trip with some friends.

I dont see why it would be a problem but my sister kinda thinks differently..

So I'm wondering when I travel early august - do I tell them at immigration UK that I'm there on the holiday visa prior to the student visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2012
salsera:

Plan to travel early August probabaly 2nd week Aug in fact cos I planned a short weekend trip with some friends.

I dont see why it would be a problem but my sister kinda thinks differently..

So I'm wondering when I travel early august - do I tell them at immigration UK that I'm there on the holiday visa prior to the student visa?

As long as your student visa comes out by August you are allowed to travel 3wks or more before the start of your course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.