Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73412 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2011
bikokwe:

obviously he would not have done such if it were to be the UK! lets also try to see some positivity in him and his ministry.witch for Christ is totally unacceptable and like i said earlier,it was only a reaction which i think many of us criticizing him if faced with same situation,same office may even do worse. whether u believe him or not, like his sermons or not his works continues .do your thing let him do his shekinah.

Oh well thanks for your comment. I am not a pastor, i have never hit a female ever no matter the age .I'm certain that is the anger of so many on here that a man can slap (hit) a helpless girl for no reason just for the fact that he knew he could get away with it. Given the same circumstances in UK or US, would he have slapped (hit) her? I guess the answer is no cause he knows the consequences. He is a lazy man making money via religion and now he has taken it a bit too far.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by cold(m): 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
If na my sista dat man slap lyk dat,chei!My uni instincts for do return since.Na to fynd am na.Anywhere
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Jenifa1: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
cold:

Well I see the title did not appear.This is the title: 'God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything' by Christopher Hitchens who unfortunately died yesterday from complications as a result of cancer

he died on thursday.
the guy seem to be pissed at God and Christians for some unknown reason.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2011
cold:

^^What is wrong with you?How can you continue to blatantly justify this dastardly act?What kind of person are you?

Dont waste your time on omopastor, the guy is seriously brainwashed. He doesn't know right from wrong, How can he claim he understands the Bible he reads
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by claremont(m): 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2011
In the absence of religion, good people will still do good things, and evil people will still do evil things; but it takes religion to make a good man do evil things. All religion is poison!

Jenifa_:

he died on thursday.
The reason he is pissed at god is not unknown, the god described in all the monotheistic religions is clearly immoral and capricous. That's the reason why we are happy that god is fictitous, I shudder to think of what would have happened if god was real! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by cold(m): 11:58pm On Dec 17, 2011
Jenifa_:

he died on thursday.
Ok,thanx for the correction.Yeah,I think he had some serious issues with religion in general
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 12:00am On Dec 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

he died on thursday.

The fact that someone questions a theory does not mean he is pissed.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by freshera: 12:04am On Dec 18, 2011
nomorename:

Quite sad that in this day and age some people still believe in witchcraft.

Am off topic now grin grin

Witches, babalawos exist, oh. pls to confirm grin eh, take a trip to ijebu to see baba ijebu and tell him you want to see the 'video' of the poo you passed out two yrs ago, serious or you want to see your father toasting your mother cheesy shocked

i will give you any amount you want to prove it cos am too sure (na personal experience) if the baba can't do it or even suggest anoda baba grin shocked

am not into that stuff bt spiritual cults are everywhere even in canada, usa, etc.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 18, 2011
12 inches!:

After watching the video, I will comment, The girl was saying some blasphemous things oooo, winch fo jesus ke? This demons are known to lie, It's part and parcel of the kingdom of hell, that girl is very very possessed,  U cn see the way she talks without fear, Demons usually fear the spirit of God, but this girl shows no fear, She probably wants and enjoys possession, And pastor oyedepo freed her, The girl is very very very possessed, dnt let's deceive ourselves familiar spirits exist, the demon has eaten her she's more like a living physical demon

You come across as one that's been brainwashed. What gives you the idea that girl is possessed? And even if she is, did that give that phony "Bishop" the right to slap her? You're so convinced she's been "freed" of a physical demon.

You're the very sort of person such phony men of God pander to. You're easily convinced. He'd ask you to sell your house, car and other worldly possessions, and give the proceeds to him, and you'd comply blindly, without questioning his motives. Only in Nigeria would a Bishop slap a member of his congregation, and it's deemed acceptable. No Bishop has the right to deem anyone beyond redemption, be that person a r[i]a[/i]pist, or one who stole a slice of bread to survive.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by emmatok(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2011
ogaju007:

Oh well thanks for your comment. I am not a pastor, i have never hit a female ever no matter the age .I'm certain that is the anger of so many on here that a man can slap (hit) a helpless girl for no reason just for the fact that he knew he could get away with it. Given the same circumstances in UK or US, would he have slapped (hit) her? I guess the answer is no cause he knows the consequences. He is a lazy man making money via religion and now he has taken it a bit too far.

GBAM.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sacarstic: 12:11am On Dec 18, 2011
@Omo pastor,please stop putting up this defense for the MOG, what he did to that poor girl was bad and it will be good you acknowledge that fact rather than twisting the truth to prove his action right. It is an abuse to slap  her that way,i understand the fact that her guardians(Not biological parents) must have brought her to the MOG for deliverance claiming she is a witch while their children are angels of God, This is just one of the reason why i strongly do not believe in the existence of God,of all the children who are been abused in the name of casting out witch craft by the MOG,i am yet to see parents (biological) who have brought their children to be ill treated the way that poor girl was treated. "The real axis of evil is Christianity, Judaism, and Islam and all other religions that are rooted in a belief of a supreme beign,religion is the main source of hatred in the world,violence, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism, tribalism, and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children"".Christopher Hitchens.
Please get off the thread.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by IIKOTECH(m): 12:17am On Dec 18, 2011
From my interpretation, the little girl said I wish for Jesus not witch
for Jesus. Go and watch the video again. You know we Nigerians
sometimes don't get the right pronunciation.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 12:17am On Dec 18, 2011
"Die Religion , ist das Opium des Volkes"  "Religion is the opium of the people"  and Nigerians are high on that shit.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 12:17am On Dec 18, 2011
OmoPastor:

@ sammy79

my point is this: if the MOG made a mistake, God who called him will deal appropriately and decisively with him. no man has been appointed to correct the MOG. i feel very sorry for many people that have run terrible comments about the MOG, well i think they are ignorant of what God did to those guys that rose up against Moses in the wilderness. but God is very merciful sha.
and do not rule out the fact that even the MOG mistakes can be turned into , (i do not think many can handle some truths so they do not misquote me).  do not try interpreting or mind reading the girl. do you know what witchcraft really means? its not about the blood and flying, its about manipulations of the devil, holding you captive against Gods plan for you, making and manipulating your mind to do things against Gods will. many things to be said but i must go to bed now. gud 9t.

Child of a pastor; where is the bolded written in the bible?

In your mind,   Men of God Fraud= God

They are mere men that will rest 6ft below the ground some day. Their bones and flesh will turn into dust.

Mere beings.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by thehomer: 12:18am On Dec 18, 2011
Martian:

I hereby renounce my atheism and I'm joining  the christians.  Winners' Chapel to be exact, because I want to be under a great MOG like Bishop Papa Daddy Godfather Oyedepo.
Tell me homer, what's better than slapping b#tches and kicking babies? I'm in good company with Oyedepo and Wigglesworth, Jesus' generals on earth.

Taking their money and buying jets while oppressing them with the money they pay you.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by babsjnr(m): 12:19am On Dec 18, 2011
I used my mind to worship my god.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 12:24am On Dec 18, 2011
thehomer:

Taking their money and buying jets while oppressing them with the money they pay you. (and slapping them too)

That guy is one of the greatest con artist.

Maddoff ain't got nothing on this dude.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 18, 2011
Hahaha. . .
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dekung(m): 12:28am On Dec 18, 2011
'i am a winch for Jesus' and gboaam!! Heavy slap from our exalted bishop. People have made comments that the lady was probably mentaly ill so she wasn't make those utterances in her right senses, But i beg to differ. Sam Adeyemi of Daystar often says that if a witch is posing arround because she drinks blood, then xtians should be stronger witches because they drink blood too but in their case its the blood of Jesus during communion. Does it not make sense then to call urself a witch for/of jesus? I am particularly saddened by people on this forum could justify this act of barbarism displayed by this man. So because someone is suspected or accused of being a witch she suddenly becomes an outcast? See what religion has turned us to. Has anyone seen a witch before? Did she perform magic for you to see? Why are we so heartless? Why do we willingly relinquish our thinking faculty to these men? Oyedepo should be sued for battery and public assault.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 12:31am On Dec 18, 2011
Well, sad event but i hope the lady now understands the difference between witchines and Jesus?

That slap might have saved her life or sanity for all she knows.

Speaking as an impartial observer.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by JamesDoe: 12:36am On Dec 18, 2011
The slap heard around Nigeria. How many souls did he win with that slap and how many BiG men and women who may equally be "witches" has he slapped.

"Do you know who I am?" says Mr Bishop. Well God watch over us all!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 12:37am On Dec 18, 2011
tpia@:

Well, sad event but i hope the lady now understands the difference between witchines and Jesus?

That slap might have saved her life or sanity for all she knows.

Speaking as an impartial observer.

Then you're a daft impatial observer if you're impatially making an excuse for slapping a helpless girl.  aaaahhhhrrrrggggggggg dont you guys get it? can i come slap your mum?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 12:42am On Dec 18, 2011
Why wouldn't he slap the poor girl? He has it all.

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by JamesDoe: 12:46am On Dec 18, 2011
If his pilots say they are "witches", will he slap them to?

I believe the poor lady was using what people say,

Some people say they are a "soldier for Jesus" and that clip, in my opinion, suggests that's what she was doing.

The slap was not necessary.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 18, 2011
That was not an appropriate response.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 18, 2011
if this girl wish to be like Jesus no crime, and i think this girl still corrected herself by saying I'm not a witch. I wish for Jesus. You know we Nigerians sometimes our pronunciation can be funny, this why education is so good and important, if this girl is educated she could have used another English instead of a similar English for wish and witch,
IIKOTECH:

From my interpretation, the little girl said I wish for Jesus not witch
for Jesus. Go and watch the video again. You know we Nigerians
sometimes don't get the right pronunciation.

I agreed with you

I still don't understand why nairalanders fight each others alot on issues that cause no fighting, we shouldn't fight on this issues anger play a row for misunderstanding and misinterpretation in this pictures I saw.

May God help us all.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by eagleu: 12:57am On Dec 18, 2011
Oh God, that was blood cudllingly cold slap, but why
Why didn't the police intervane?
I wish the little girl and her familycould sue the the stupiiid bishop to court embarassed
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 12:58am On Dec 18, 2011
dare2think:

That guy is one of the greatest con artist.

Maddoff ain't got nothing on this dude.

At least Maddoff was honest enough to admit his guilt
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Profkenny1(m): 1:03am On Dec 18, 2011
But didn't Jesus Christ use CANE on those doing business in the temple?, I see envy from the way guys here are writing all manner on nairaland, the witch that will say such in my presence has not been born!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Kilode1: 1:05am On Dec 18, 2011
Do you know whoayaam?

Tuuushaiii *dirty slap*  embarassed

This thread should be in the Crime section. sad
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 1:10am On Dec 18, 2011
eagleu:

Oh God, that was blood cudllingly cold slap, but why
Why didn't the police intervane?
I wish the little girl and her familycould sue the the stupiiid bishop to court embarassed

There is a campaign going on facebook to find the girl and lawyers are ready to help her

http://www.facebook.com/debbieariyo/posts/10150539032826753
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by JamesDoe: 1:13am On Dec 18, 2011
At kilode?

Celebrity crime or dirty disgusting non celebrity crime!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help / Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video) / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.