Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73421 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ochukoccna: 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ Stagger,Your utterances are sounding more like charismatic witchcraft.Or wetin U think?No offiense as I've seen countless times on NL.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by VoodooDoll(m): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2011
OYEDOPO IS A WINCH!

THERE, I SAID. HE SHOULD SLAP HIMSELF!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OmoPastor(m): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2011
lol Omo Pastor,  You keep your witches i will keep my success. You beleive in that crap cause you live in a society where the system doesnt work. i live in a society where we dont see God as a money Doubler we see him as God. i live in a society where effort = result. not where i get depressed and confused about life like you are.

LIKE I SAID YOUR OYEDEPO IS A BASTARD FOR HITTING THAT POOR GIRL.

why did you run away? you so myopic that you cannot see that where you are now has gone through what we are going through here now but some people stayed back and built the system you are now claiming to be working for you, what a pity!!!

did you say your success? where and how? your effort=result, what a suffer head you are, cos there is a better way but you have been brainwashed to believing that your government is your God, sorry oooo.

LIKE I SAID, WATCH YOUR LOOSE TONGUE OR YOU MAY LOOSE IT!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Jenifa1: 11:14pm On Dec 17, 2011
what a crook.
I would have slapped him back.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by suogal(f): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2011
look peeps,i just watched dat video nd i dont get y u guys r makin a hell of a noise ova it,the slap isnt as bad as u guys make it,nd if u guys r xtianxs:is dier anytin lyk witch 4 jesus.perharps,who r we to judge  a man of God ova one incidence.stop watching nd waitn for men of God to go down d drain
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by bikokwe(m): 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2011
am yet to hear of a man of God that haven't been criticized in this world before> I was actually there that day i think its last year shiloh. lets us also remember that no one is totally above error.it may not be the ideal act but he only reacted based on her utterance.nevertheless, am not justifying anything here. even jesus christ himself was angered at one time when he had to flog people out of the temple!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by malignant1: 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2011
stagger:

I will give you three months. Three months time, come back here on Nairaland and write your story. Then we will know who the  is. Action will speak louder than words.

NLers, una no go killi me with lafta

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by violent(m): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
suogal:

look peeps,i just watched dat video nd i dont get y u guys r makin a hell of a noise ova it,the slap isnt as bad as u guys make it,nd if u guys r xtianxs:is dier anytin lyk witch 4 jesus.perharps,who r we to judge  a man of God ova one incidence.stop watching nd waitn for men of God to go down d drain

who declared him a "man of God"

when was this declared?

would Jesus ever condemn people to hell?

what then did Jesus die for?

do you support abuse in any way?

would you be happy if your father was slapped that way?

The girl said she was a witch for Jesus, so what? the same Jesus that had his meals with prostitutes?

who gave your daddy/papa also known as MOG, also known as a fcking twerp, the authority to declare who goes to hell and who doesn't?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OmoPastor(m): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ dare2think

i answered your question read my post very well. you see that your impatience is as a result of your easily angered spirit.

read very well my friend and may your eyes be opened to see.

OYEDOPO IS A WINCH!
who are you talking about?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sammy79(m): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
This is for Omopastor and those reflecting her views,

Having read through your posts on this topic, I feel I can understand your point to some extent: you have a personal respect for the Bishop and that is okay. Some people still do and others don't. No problems with that. He is probably a model for you and many others out there but do not forget that he is a man like any other and only our Lord Jesus Christ has got the fullness of the Spirit. In my opinion, the Bishop over-reacted and it is a mistake, although a costly one for a MOG in public eye. I hope he realises it. If you are in his shoes what would you have done and what would Jesus have done?

This is not what it means to judge him. It is our responsibility as Christians to grow in spiritual discernment, knowing what is right and wrong character-wise and in this case, the act was wrong. Also, remember when Paul rebuked Peter about his act of hypocrisy( double-dealing with the circumcised Jews). Paul was not judging him but condemning his actions in love. We must correct anomalies in body of Christ in this manner without fear or favour.

Smith Wigglesworth, as someone mentioned, operated with an aggressive faith but he was as well evidently filled with compassion and positive result in his deliverance sessions. This is not to be compared. Also Jesus never needed to assault individuals personally by chasing them out the temple. In this case, His act required human intervention and it yielded the expected result- the temple was evacuated by sellers and buyers. But the act of slapping does not cast out demonic spirits as we all know that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood.

Witch for Jesus, Winch for Jesus etc could mean anything the girl is trying to say. Regardless of whether she is possessed of not. If I say, like Apostle Paul, that I am a' fool' for Christ does that make someone say 'Christ does not have fools'? Totally out of context! Like I said in my previous response, the girl probably need some form of help which could be administered to her in private medical, spiritual and counseling session and not through public display.

I was personally disappointed to see church deliverance conducted in this manner. I expected it to be private and properly organised and not a public display unless may be in an open-air crusade style meeting. Even in this case, it can be properly managed. I will only subscribe to this style administering deliverance if the girl was just met in the streets which will then be similar to Jesus' style of public ministry!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by chika98: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
"FYI

That was a spiritual slap.

The Almighty MOG strategically transmitted multitudes of molecules energized with his spiritual powers into the poor girl child's brain.

In a few hours, the witches that possessed the girl child will become dazed and she will be saved from the hands of "the foul devil"

She should be thankful for that dirty slap.

Nigerians. . . We are our own problem!!!"

Listen anyone who slaps me in the name of God or even Amadiohia will go to heaven and meet Jesus himself there because
I will freaking slap the living hell outta them right back. You don't f-ing slap me! Shior!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by pato405(m): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2011
@omo to dun: he is a man of God because he speaks sweet words with sugar coated tongues to them, flies in four private jets and performs some rehearsed/stage-managed magic they call 'miracles'. RUBBISH!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by violent(m): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2011
I will give you three months. Three months time, come back here on Nairaland and write your story. Then we will know who the  is. Action will speak louder than words.

why give me three months?  why not a week?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2011
OmoPastor:

why did you run away? you so myopic that you cannot see that where you are now has gone through what we are going through here now but some people stayed back and built the system you are now claiming to be working for you, what a pity!!!

did you say your success? where and how? your effort=result, what a suffer head you are, cos there is a better way but you have been brainwashed to believing that your government is your God, sorry oooo.

LIKE I SAID, WATCH YOUR LOOSE TONGUE OR YOU MAY LOOSE IT!!!

grin grin you're a typical Nigerian all talk no brain. don't even go close to talking about international politics as i dont watch 3rd day news on NTA i'm in the news. Yes britain use to burn witches when there was no computer nor common source of information(Internet).  At the time of Naijas Independence we had well educated leaders. Awolowo, Tafawa  Balewa and co. they were well educated. 50 years on , you are still making shameful excuses for a STUPID MAN SLAPPING A HELPLESS GIRL. like i said you are simply daft.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2011
I have been to Iran. Iraq, afghanistan , Lybia not one winners church in those countries i wonder why, OYESLAPPER DE FEAR!!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by pato405(m): 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2011
violent:

why give me three months?  why not a week?
his 'god' doesn't work in 1week. it takes him three months to hear and fight for him. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by cold(m): 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2011
I honestly wish this Oyedepo of a man had perpetrated this act in the UK.It would make interesting reading to see how they'll do him in
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by MissyB3(f): 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2011
Jenifa_:

what a crook.
I would have slapped him back.

Poor woman! How could she have? With the bodyguards around the man and the crowd cheering him.

For once, I think I agree that religion is doing us more harm than good.
It's a shame to think people are justifying the act of this man . . . More doleful is the excuse with which they do so.

Sometimes, somethings you read just make you clam up and shake your head in utter disgust.

dare2think:

Nigeria is in trouble.

I hope you guys are old men typing because you cannot be the future of Nigeria.

Indeed! cool
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 11:34pm On Dec 17, 2011
Dem no born am make e try that for UK na for jail e go dey do shilloh or whatever he does for the brainwashed people.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by pato405(m): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2011
, it is only those who serve dead gods that fight/slap for their gods.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by plappville(f): 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2011
Her statements might have been misconstrued as she clearly lacks proper English language composition.this may slightly be true.

However, she showed no aggression or violence [/b]that would warrant the reply and physical abuse that she got.Satan operates intelligently, if her aim was to distroy the church, she will appear the most innocent, tht no one will ever suspect her.

[b]This is a clear case of abuse.
i agree with u!

Oyedepo is a coward for bullying an innocent person that seemed to have come to him for help/prayer/deliverance.
Would Jesus have slapped that poor girl?NO sir, he no were did he teaches abuse or violence no matter the situation.
The MOG's action was not Christlike, he must be regreting it by now. As for the girl, she may have some hidden agenda.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2011
OmoPastor:

@ dare2think

i answered your question read my post very well. you see that your impatience is as a result of your easily angered spirit.

read very well my friend and may your eyes be opened to see.
who are you talking about?

Haaa!!!!!  Child of a Pastor, I think we can both agree that it is un-Christianlike to lie.

I asked;
Would you like him to slap a member of your family like that?

Pls post where you answered my question.

Your impatience also resulted in you wrongly attributing a different quote to my post.

Be patient dear,

read very well my friend and may your eyes be opened to see!!!

Still does not change the fact that Oyedepo is a Fraud and a bully.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by cold(m): 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2011
Would this be an appropriate time to present this book?Although I don't agree with certain aspects of the writer's thought but I dare say  it raises a lot of germane questions

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by kingsilly(m): 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2011
The man just gave her the sound of music
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2011
Oyedepo is not a freaud and a bully ooo HE IS A BASTARD!!! grin grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Horus(m): 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2011
This pastor should be punished, who does he think he is?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by bikokwe(m): 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2011
obviously he would not have done such if it were to be the UK! lets also try to see some positivity in him and his ministry.witch for Christ is totally unacceptable and like i said earlier,it was only a reaction which i think many of us criticizing him if faced with same situation,same office may even do worse. whether u believe him or not, like his sermons or not his works continues .do your thing let him do his shekinah.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by cold(m): 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2011
Well I see the title did not appear.This is the title: 'God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything' by Christopher Hitchens who unfortunately died yesterday from complications as a result of cancer
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OmoPastor(m): 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ sammy79
i appreciate your view and i sense a tone of maturity and direction in your post.

i want you to know that there are levels in spiritual maturity. errors cannot be totally overuled but please note that at the level of the MOG which is definitely not a junior level, errors are strictly dealt with and quickly too by God Himself. take the case of Moses and the rock, it was an instant judgement cos at the level Moses operated, some mistakes are not condoned at all.

my point is this: if the MOG made a mistake, God who called him will deal appropriately and decisively with him. no man has been appointed to correct the MOG. i feel very sorry for many people that have run terrible comments about the MOG, well i think they are ignorant of what God did to those guys that rose up against Moses in the wilderness. but God is very merciful sha.
and do not rule out the fact that even the MOG mistakes can be turned into , (i do not think many can handle some truths so they do not misquote me).  do not try interpreting or mind reading the girl. do you know what witchcraft really means? its not about the blood and flying, its about manipulations of the devil, holding you captive against Gods plan for you, making and manipulating your mind to do things against Gods will. many things to be said but i must go to bed now. gud 9t.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by cold(m): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2011
^^What is wrong with you?How can you continue to blatantly justify this dastardly act?What kind of person are you?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by nomorename(f): 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2011
Quite sad that in this day and age some people still believe in witchcraft.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help / Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video) / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.