Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

She Said She Is Disappointed At Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Said She Is Disappointed At Me (3665 Views)

''I Asked Her Out, She Said ''No'', Now She's Tripping For Me'' / Guy Reveals His Shock Discovering He Had Twins Ex-gf Said She Had Aborted / Am Hurt And Disappointed At Him, Ur Advice Pls. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2011
Had a quarrel with my gf sum days back, i got broke and she offered to send me some money, i rejected d offer, not cos of pride, but cos i knew she needed money to get sum stuffs she needed,
In d heat of d argument she said she was ashamed of me, and dat she's disappointed at me, It realy got to me,
Sumhow, we managed to cal d issue down, Nd talk about it later,
We spoke about it again, nd she apologised for every other word, but dat she still means it, 'She is disappointed at me'
How can i handle it?? I feel so bad, i dnt know if i'll say i feel inferior, or sad, I'm sure i wsnt proud, I just wnted her to buy d tinz she needed,,
How do i get thru dis??
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by 2goodbobo(m): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2011
u get baby way day willing to give you money and you day hear day form. abegi if no wan collect am, leave soon another person go day collect am for you.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by iice(f): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2011
In this talk that you had, did you ask her why she is disappointed in you?
Or what exactly made her disappointed in you?
Did she refer to you not collecting the money as a disappointment?
If she did, did you try to get her to understand your sentiment behind your refusal?

Seems you had a talk of some sort but not the talk to clear up the real issues.  How is it that people in relationships in this section have no idea how to communicate with their partners?
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by tashanja(m): 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2011
I respect you for not collecting her money, still you need to explain your reasons for it and make very sure she understands; you have a good girl there, make sure you don't fucck up, good luck. cool
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by cynthiafred67(f): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2011
@op I think u should talk to her tell her, the reason why u didn't collect the money.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by mashnino(m): 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2011
JUST EXPLAIN TO HER, you have a good gal frnd
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by 195(f): 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2011
2goodbobo:

u get baby way day willing to give you money and you day hear day form. abegi if no wan collect am, leave soon another person go day collect am for you.

cheesy cheesy
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by tellwisdom: 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2011
Bro tell her to send the money to my acc. 09394398 Name: tellwisdom zaza Zenith Bank.

I dey wait angry angry
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2011
@poster
the only way you can handle the issue is by accepting her offer to help you.
this person understood that your problems were more important than what she needed the money for and decided to help you. THAT'S WHAT PARTNERS DO. the fact that you would rather REJECT her help (for whatever reason) than solve the issue at hand is what may have her disappointed in you.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by Konnektions146(m): 10:10am On Dec 21, 2011
guess yu ve ben the one doing all the givin and she wanna reciprocate.
sit her down and talk to her but be sure to collect a bit from the money just to assure her yu re not rejecting but cos yu think she need to buy wat she need and that yu will be fine.

i hope she understand and yu guys enjoy ur beautiful relationship.

good luck bro!!
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by Mobinga: 10:19am On Dec 21, 2011
Imanuelle:

Had a quarrel with my gf sum days back, i got broke and she offered to send me some money, i rejected d offer, not cos of pride, but cos i knew she needed money to get sum stuffs she needed,
In d heat of d argument she said she was ashamed of me, and dat she's disappointed at me, It realy got to me,
Sumhow, we managed to cal d issue down, Nd talk about it later,
We spoke about it again, nd she apologised for every other word, but dat she still means it, 'She is disappointed at me'
How can i handle it?? I feel so bad, i dnt know if i'll say i feel inferior, or sad, I'm sure i wsnt proud, I just wnted her to buy d tinz she needed,,
How do i get thru dis??

Make money, stop throwing your emotions online. Quit Bitching.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by LesbianBoy(m): 11:08am On Dec 21, 2011
^ mobinga,sweeery when did u start visiting the lomance section?!
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by pendo89(f): 11:16am On Dec 21, 2011
iice:

[color=#990000]How is it that people in relationships in this section have no idea how to communicate with their partners?
[/color]

I always feel age has to do with it. Most are teenage/post teen relationships probs.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by iice(f): 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2011
Nah i don't think it's solely age. People fear treading some line. . .like upsetting their partners or friends. How are you ever gonna get the answers you need if you can't even ask the source for it or clear up the air if you feel strongly about something be it irritation, anger, jealousy or what. If you can block it in your mind, good. But it's going to keep bugging you, and and when you look at this person, all you see is that thing bugging you. Why on earth are you afraid to get some peace of mind? Young age should be the perfect time to blunder. For you have time to get it right.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by MrsChima1(f): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2011
iice:

In this talk that you had, did you ask her why she is disappointed in you?
Or what exactly made her disappointed in you?
Did she refer to you not collecting the money as a disappointment?
If she did, did you try to get her to understand your sentiment behind your refusal?

Seems you had a talk of some sort but not the talk to clear up the real issues.  How is it that people in relationships in this section have no idea how to communicate with their partners?

That's one of the issues people TODAY have when it come to relationships. They are so eager to get into a relationship not understanding the full essence of relationship and requirements to maintain a relationship. Some people will say different strokes for different folks and what works for you may not work for me etc. I understand that however in MOST CASES that shit isn't working where you have plethora of individuals coming ONLINE asking faceless chatters how to deal with THEIR RELATIONSHIP issues.

I am not saying it is an issue with asking ONLINE forums for assistance however it the attitude behind it that is an issue. Asking for help online and then GET MAD because some people aren't into sugarcoating the truth. The funny thing is though Iice, many of these individuals are asking DUMB ARSE questions, I mean there are some questions that are interesting and applicable but when you have individuals asking question in reference to lack of sex, gift sharing, and he fell asleep on the phone etc. It is like damn I hate to see what YOUR REAL ISSUES are and I highly support relationship therapy/classes for many reasons.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by iice(f): 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

That's one of the issues people TODAY have when it come to relationships. They are so eager to get into a relationship not understanding the full essence of relationship and requirements to maintain a relationship. Some people will say different strokes for different folks and what works for you may not work for me etc. I understand that however in MOST CASES that poo isn't working where you have plethora of individuals coming ONLINE asking faceless chatters how to deal with THEIR RELATIONSHIP issues.

I am not saying it is an issue with asking ONLINE forums for assistance however it the attitude behind it that is an issue. Asking for help online and then GET MAD because some people aren't into sugarcoating the truth. The funny thing is though Iice, many of these individuals are asking DUMB ARSE questions, I mean there are some questions that are interesting and applicable but when you have individuals asking question in reference to lack of sex, gift sharing, and he fell asleep on the phone etc. It is like damn I hate to see what YOUR REAL ISSUES are and I highly support relationship therapy/classes for many reasons.

Your last line so hits the nail on the head. I'm like if you're gonna fly off the handle for something like 'he missed calling me today, what does that mean?'. . .then how are you going to handle something serious or life threatening. I understand where you're coming from. And i agree that it's not a case of asking but dang, you're in a relationship with someone romantic or friendship, why can you not talk to the person? You cannot attain what you want or where you want to be if you cannot communicate with your partner. Therapy is good. But people are hesitant to have those.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by MrsChima1(f): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2011
iice:

Your last line so hits the nail on the head. I'm like if you're gonna fly off the handle for something like 'he missed calling me today, what does that mean?'. . .then how are you going to handle something serious or life threatening. I understand where you're coming from. And i agree that it's not a case of asking but dang, you're in a relationship with someone romantic or friendship, why can you not talk to the person? You cannot attain what you want or where you want to be if you cannot communicate with your partner. Therapy is good. But people are hesitant to have those.

Yup! Nairaland is their relationship therapy! Na wa ooo shocked
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by pendo89(f): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2011
Agree with you iice

If one is does not free to communicate ANYTHING with somebody they claim to deeply love then they cannot have freedom in that relationship.
It becomes an act/play because they will be trying hard to Impress.Sooner or later they explode and all the ugliness shows.
I think relationships are like a ladder. One grows from stage to stage and each stage is a school. I worry whenever I find stage one issues disturbing somebody who is already in stage 9. It means they haven't grown or learnt a thing.Its like an old man in diapers.

Nl may offer advise.But fact of the matter is,you are the captain of that relationship and it doesnt matter how much advise is given.
If one fails to apply the basic principles and treat relationships soberly and with respect then all is in vain.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by freecocoa(f): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2011
OP I'm sure I'll be a bit disappointed if I offer help to my partner and he refuses it especially one I know he really needs,it'll make me feel like he doesn't trust or value me enough to let me be of help to him,just talk to her and let her know you only rejected the offer cos you felt she needed the money more and nothing else,btw if the offer is still open suggest you both share the money.

But if na me that money no go come out again. cheesy
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by iice(f): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2011
pendo89:

Agree with you iice

If one is does not free to communicate ANYTHING with somebody they claim to deeply love then they cannot have freedom in that relationship.
It becomes an act/play because they will be trying hard to Impress.Sooner or later they explode and all the ugliness shows.
I think relationships are like a ladder. One grows from stage to stage and each stage is a school. I worry whenever I find stage one issues disturbing somebody who is already in stage 9. It means they haven't grown or learnt a thing.Its like an old man in diapers.

Nl may offer advise.But fact of the matter is,you are the captain of that relationship and it doesnt matter how much advise is given.
If one fails to apply the basic principles and treat relationships soberly and with respect then all is in vain.

Well said.

Mrs, Chima:

Yup! Nairaland is their relationship therapy! Na wa ooo shocked
lol. There's still hope. Even in Arkham Asylum, there was a Dr. Strange.
Re: She Said She Is Disappointed At Me by Mobinga: 4:06am On Dec 22, 2011
LesbianBoy:

[s]^ mobinga,sweeery when did u start visiting the lomance section?![/s]

Nah, I don't roll that way yo'.

(1) (Reply)

8 Signs Your Not A Grown Woman / Amazing 10 Healthy Benefits Of Having Sex, Only For Those Eligible To Have Sex. / Ladies Can You Take This From Your Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.