Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live (19014 Views)

Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! / Senate Approved N143bn For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget / No Provision For Fuel Subsidy In 2015 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Tolulop001(f): 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
alj_harem:

your signature is classic grin grin grin grin grin

+ 1!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Boboedom: 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2011
i think the price of pms may not necessarily go up after the removal of the subsidy because part of the cost of the current template that they have is a huge demurage that is intentionally allowed to accumulate on cargoes of pms at the port. however there is very little demurage incurred on ago which is already deregulated.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by VoodooDoll(m): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
So it's Nigerians fault that we don't trust our government.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Bisijohn: 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
The problem in Nigeria is simply corruption in all areas. Until this is dealt with severely,the laudable policies of the government will be mismanaged.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Tolulop001(f): 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
I agree on her on the trust thing;

I simply do not trust the judgement of my government.

Subsidy is a sound concept on paper, but in Nigeria, I hold no optimism that it will work
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2011
Tolulop001:

+ 1!
thats the obvious truth, my heart weeps for this sick country.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by femzy(m): 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2011
Maybe we should have a poll if Nigerians can trust the Government?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by werepeLeri: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2011
De Radical:

MAY DEVIL PUNISH THIS WOMAN CALLED IWEALA. DOES SHE KNOW WHAT SHE IS SAYING? SHUT UP!! AND PERMANENTLY SHUT UP.!>>!>>>
WHICH MONEY? DO THE RIGHT THING THE RIGHT WAY. APPROACHING THE RIGHT IDEA BUT THE WRONG WAY,  DO YOU KNOW THE IMPLICATION OF WHAT YOU WANT TO BRING UPON NIGERIANS? NAIRA=163.50K AREADY AND YOU WANT TO KILL US THE MORE? NA YOU AND YOUR EXTENDED FAMILIES WE WILL FIRST FOLLOW WHEN IT HAPPENS,  WE ARE WATCHING!

what kind of a daft soul is this?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Bisijohn: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2011
My take on this again is that, the cabals that have benefited in the time past and even now from this so-called fuel subsidy should be made to refund the money, so that the money can be used for the benefit of all.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by hercules07: 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
This Dizeani is jus a dumb woman, at least Okonja can show her intelligence even if you disagree with her, this Dizeani is just there to read somebody's writings and to defend herself.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by AjanleKoko: 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
I'm watching the thing live.
Honestly embarrassing.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by DeRadical: 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
werepeLeri:

IT IS THE LIKES OF YOU THAT WILL SIT AND WATCH EVIL MEN CONTROL THE NATION. YOU CALL ME DAFT, WHAT DO U CALL YOURSELF? A SAINT?
I AM SURE U ARE NOT IN NIGERIA AND YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING. WE BLAME A LOT ON ND YOUTHS, BOKO HARAM AND OTHERS BUT WE HAVE FAILED TO ADDRESS WHY ALL THESE HAPPEN. YOU SEE THESE MEN HATCHING PLOTS THAT WILL MAKE NIGERIA ANOTHER AFGHANISTAN AND YOU JUST WATCH AND HOPE IT WILL BE BETTER. WHEN THE TIME COMES, THE TIDE WILL NOT SWALLOW ONLY THEM BUT YOU INCLUSIVE
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Tolulop001(f): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
this Diezani is just reading from a piece of paper
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by dmainboss: 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
Bisijohn:

My take on this again is that, the cabals that have benefited in the time past and even now from this so-called fuel subsidy should be made to refund the money, so that the money can be used for the benefit of all.

The misconception about cabals is that they are committing a crime by importing fuel. They are not committing any crime. You can only prove they are committing a crime if you can prove they are involved in any kind of smuggling or they falsify import figures. Apart from that, they are doing legitimate business. The problem is that, the system has created avenues for them to enrich themselves. That is what GEJ wants to stop
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by VoodooDoll(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
Can we not hike the tax rate (windfall tax) on this Cabal and use the high tax to fix the refineries and build new ones.

Subsidy removal and kicking the people seems to be a fait accompli, while the Cabal carries on regardless.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by mrjingles(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2011
Nlanders have a lot to learn from this debate. Nobody is insulting anyone's parents, tribe, religion, intelligence etc. We can disagree, have a violent exchange of opinions without insults.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by femzy(m): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
werepeLeri:

Don't blame him; don't you know that some people would die during this period?
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by werepeLeri: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
De Radical:

IT IS THE LIKES OF YOU THAT WILL SIT AND WATCH EVIL MEN CONTROL THE NATION. YOU CALL ME DAFT, WHAT DO U CALL YOURSELF? A SAINT?
I AM SURE U ARE NOT IN NIGERIA AND YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING. WE BLAME A LOT ON ND YOUTHS, BOKO HARAM AND OTHERS BUT WE HAVE FAILED TO ADDRESS WHY ALL THESE HAPPEN. YOU SEE THESE MEN HATCHING PLOTS THAT WILL MAKE NIGERIA ANOTHER AFGHANISTAN AND YOU JUST WATCH AND HOPE IT WILL BE BETTER. WHEN THE TIME COMES, THE TIDE WILL NOT SWALLOW ONLY THEM BUT YOU INCLUSIVE

more daft talks.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
De Radical:

+10
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by blacksta(m): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
Diezani - no soul at all  - wetin concern train and rail projects with petro industry.  The question John Momoh  asked " why cant the government roll out subsidy in phases. for example get the refinery working"
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by BIGERBOY1: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2011
It's this simple.

Alison was transport minister in the past, she even cried on the state of Nigerian roads, what happened?

Iweala was finance minister in the past, she promised the 100 million dollars  savings from debt servicing will be used to fast track on mdg related goals, what happened?

GEJ was govt in the past and didnt achieve much, president for a time b4 formally elected, what achievement or even sign of achievement did he show?

So to hell with lack of trust, why should we trust pple who have proven not to be worthy of our trust in the past?

U tell me.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by dmainboss: 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2011
mrjingles:

Nlanders have a lot to learn from this debate. Nobody is insulting anyone's parents, tribe, religion, intelligence etc. We can disagree, have a violent exchange of opinions without insults.
+1000
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by aljharem3: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
BIGER BOY:

It's this simple.

Alison was transport minister in the past, she even cried on the state of Nigerian roads, what happened?

Iweala was finance minister in the past, she promised the 100 million dollars  savings from debt servicing will be used to fast track on mdg related goals, what happened?

GEJ was govt in the past and didnt achieve much, president for a time b4 formally elected, what achievement or even sign of achievement did he show?

So to hell with lack of trust, why should we trust pple who have proven not to be worthy of our trust in the past?

U tell me.

thank you
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by NET1(m): 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
Tolulop001:

this Diezani is just reading from a piece of paper

I'm still struggling to understand what the woman is saying.

.NET
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by youngmonie: 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2011
I av not heard anybody ask the real Question: WHAT WILL BE THE COST TO NIGERIANS!!, ask LAMIDO, what will be the estimated LEVEL OF INFLATION when the subsidy is removed!!, we dont want to hear wht we already kno
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by AjanleKoko: 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
She went on a long rant, listing a bunch of fictitious projects.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Tolulop001(f): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
blacksta:

Diezani - no soul at all  - wetin concern train and rail projects with petro industry.  The question John Momoh  asked " why cant the government roll out subsidy in phases. for example get the refinery working"  

i wonder oh.

mrjingles:

i concur.
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by DrKnow1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
Watch the fuel subsidy debate live!

http://asewele-television..com/
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2011
youngmonie:

I av not heard anybody ask the real Question: WHAT WILL BE THE COST TO NIGERIANS!!, ask LAMIDO, what will be the estimated LEVEL OF INFLATION when the subsidy is removed!!, we dont want to hear wht we already kno
Poor man,you are on your own !
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by kshow1(m): 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2011
AjanleKoko:

She went on a long rant, listing a bunch of fictitious projects.

projects executed on paper
Re: Removal Of Petroleum Subsidy: In Whose Interest? Live by dmainboss: 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2011
BIGER BOY:

It's this simple.

U tell me.

The lack of trust is not based on Nigerian's judgement of the individuals there right now but of the failure of government since independence. It is a buildup that has reached a peak. So zeroing it down to individuals is soooo wrong. You need to listen so you understand the debate before you comment. Lack of trust invloves all levels of government, not just federal government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

82.9 Million Nigerians Living In Poverty - NBS / I Will Defend And Retain My Victory - Ademola Adeleke / Eti-Osa: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Thaddeus (LP), orders supplementary poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.