Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65332 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Dikachiii: 5:46pm On May 04, 2013
Hi guys, please I have a macbook mid 2010. It has 2gb ram and 250gb hard drive. I bought 4 x 2 8gb ram and 750GB hd. Now I want to know if any of you guys can help me install the HD and ram I'm in Lagos. And will I lose all my apps?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2013
Dikachiii: Hi guys, please I have a macbook mid 2010. It has 2gb ram and 250gb hard drive. I bought 4 x 2 8gb ram and 750GB hd. Now I want to know if any of you guys can help me install the HD and ram I'm in Lagos. And will I lose all my apps?

If you are installing a new HD, you will need to make a back up of your old one, and then transfer all your data to your new HD.
Installing RAM and a new HD is not that difficult and at worst you can do it yourself.
The site below gives you a step by step video guide on how to perform the install. Just select your model and follow the guide.

http://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Dikachiii: 4:50pm On May 06, 2013
Olisa74:

If you are installing a new HD, you will need to make a back up of your old one, and then transfer all your data to your new HD.
Installing RAM and a new HD is not that difficult and at worst you can do it yourself.
The site below gives you a step by step video guide on how to perform the install. Just select your model and follow the guide.

http://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/
Thanks a lot. Which screw drivers do I need for it?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 6:29am On May 07, 2013
Dikachiii:
Thanks a lot. Which screw drivers do I need for it?

phillips 00 and a torx t6, they are very tiny screwdrivers.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Dikachiii: 2:39pm On May 15, 2013
Hi Please I need an urgent advice. I have a 2010 Macbook model 7,1 intel co two duo the battery is 10 hours and it supports 16gb ram. I'm contemplating maxing out the ram 2x8 gb = 16gb and 1tb hdd + 32 ssd. Do I use it like this or (maxed out) or should I sale it off and buy a macbook pro core i5 4gb ram and 500gb hdd? my macbook supports Mountain lion. please advice.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 5:27pm On May 18, 2013
Dikachiii: Hi Please I need an urgent advice. I have a 2010 Macbook model 7,1 intel co two duo the battery is 10 hours and it supports 16gb ram. I'm contemplating maxing out the ram 2x8 gb = 16gb and 1tb hdd + 32 ssd. Do I use it like this or (maxed out) or should I sale it off and buy a macbook pro core i5 4gb ram and 500gb hdd? my macbook supports Mountain lion. please advice.

It all depends on what exactly you are using your MacBook Pro for. Your 2010 model should be very capable of carrying out most tasks quite comfortably. Upgrading to the i5 model I think is unnecessary. Maxing out your 2010 MacBook Pro again might not be necessary, but again it all depends on what you intend to use it for.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by TochiPhotos(m): 6:43pm On May 19, 2013
Hi, Please I'm having problems deciding on the macbook to buy. Should I get the macbook pro 13 2012 or Macbook pro 15 2011?
I want to use it mainly for heavy Photo editing with Appeture, Photoshop and Lightroom. And also occassional gaming like Wow,Diablo,COD, crysis. etc.
The reason I want the 13 of 2012 is cos of usb 3.0 which will help me in transferring large files for editing. The downside is no dedicated graphics card and overheating.
I want the 15 of 2011 cos of dedicated graphic card and the bigger screen. Downside is no usb 3.0.
Please which should I buy, the 15 inch 2012 is out of my budget. Please help.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by malign(m): 10:20pm On May 19, 2013
TochiPhotos: Hi, Please I'm having problems deciding on the macbook to buy. Should I get the macbook pro 13 2012 or Macbook pro 15 2011?
I want to use it mainly for heavy Photo editing with Appeture, Photoshop and Lightroom. And also occassional gaming like Wow,Diablo,COD, crysis. etc.
The reason I want the 13 of 2012 is cos of usb 3.0 which will help me in transferring large files for editing. The downside is no dedicated graphics card and overheating.
I want the 15 of 2011 cos of dedicated graphic card and the bigger screen. Downside is no usb 3.0.
Please which should I buy, the 15 inch 2012 is out of my budget. Please help.

I don't think the USB 3.0 handicap is a marginal one, I own a 2010 13.3", and a 2012 15.4" retina. Whilst it's useful, it's by no means going to be that much of a hinderance. Ultimately, you want an SSD drive on whatever Mac you choose to get.

I'd get the 2011 15.4", I think the three iterations were all great, and while they're (Sandy bridge) processors are somewhat inferior in comparison to the Ivy Bridge line, you'll still manage to get a lot done.

The decision, at the end of the day, is yours.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by tdjeans(m): 10:47pm On May 27, 2013
Hello,
Please I'm having issues with my MBP 8.1. A friend accidentally spilled a drink on the keyboard and I immediately (less than 2 seconds) shut down, wipe out the MBP and left it to dry for about 4 hours.
When I turned it on, the keyboard because extremely sticky but fully functional. I used it for a few days in that state and it was still working perfectly, so I attempted to clean the keys myself after watching a few videos online but I ended up breaking my Z key and I had to consult a "professional" to assist (didn't mind paying for a good job)
The dude torn down the whole system and removed the keyboard from inside, I noticed there was still residue from the drink on the keyboard but no other parts including the logic board, so help poured a whole bottle of methylated spirit on it and used a brush and fixed it back into the system.
Long story short, my keyboard doesn't even work at all now, it is no more sticky but fully not
functional. I mean fully.
What can I do please. Replace the keyboard?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deji2009(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2013
tdjeans: Hello,
Please I'm having issues with my MBP 8.1. A friend accidentally spilled a drink on the keyboard and I immediately (less than 2 seconds) shut down, wipe out the MBP and left it to dry for about 4 hours.
When I turned it on, the keyboard because extremely sticky but fully functional. I used it for a few days in that state and it was still working perfectly, so I attempted to clean the keys myself after watching a few videos online but I ended up breaking my Z key and I had to consult a "professional" to assist (didn't mind paying for a good job)
The dude torn down the whole system and removed the keyboard from inside, I noticed there was still residue from the drink on the keyboard but no other parts including the logic board, so help poured a whole bottle of methylated spirit on it and used a brush and fixed it back into the system.
Long story short, my keyboard doesn't even work at all now, it is no more sticky but fully not

You know what, just get a cheap windows laptop there in nigeria and
fix your mac when you return to the state. that's my advice for you
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Seun(m): 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2013
16gb ram > 4gb ram.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
tdjeans: Hello,

You can easily replace the keyboard. I alway advice people to use an apple certified technicians wherever possible, even in Nigeria.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
Seun: 16gb ram > 4gb ram.

16gb of ram is overkill, and I believe a total waste of money.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by hadeywale92: 11:48am On Jun 04, 2013
Wolex Computer's
Laptop & Computer sales, Repairing and Maintenance, Training and Consultancy, Creating of Website, Computer Tricks and Tips, Themes and sending Bulk Sms.
visit: www.facebook.com/wolexcomputers
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Seun(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2013
Olisa74: 16gb of ram is overkill, and I believe a total waste of money.
He might as well stay with 8gb, but 4gb isn't enough, for sure.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Seun(m): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2013
Olisa74: You can easily replace the keyboard. I alway advice people to use an apple certified technicians wherever possible, even in Nigeria.
Do you know any apple certified technicians? Can you post their names and addresses?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
Seun: Do you know any apple certified technicians? Can you post their names and addresses?

There is an istore at the ikeja mall, which is an authorised Apple reseller in Nigeria. They must surely have certified technicians there.
I am also aware of iShopA.com based at 2 Yunusa adeniji Street, Ikeja Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Getting Apple certification is relatively easy, inexpensive, and if i'm not mistaken I believe can now be done online.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MA714Z/B/applecare-technician-training

1 Like

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by davmck70: 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
Used Mac Book Pro with a slight screen issue of flex disconnection for sale at £400. Interested buyers should mail me...
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 7:17am On Jun 08, 2013
after my 2011 MacBook air died I will never buy macs again. my HP pavilion DV6000 from 2005 still going strong with windows 8 making it faster. I will get a surface pro instead or sony vaio duo 11.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.