Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. - Computers (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. (65331 Views)

Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 3:11am On Jun 09, 2013
Can someone please explain why my mac goes off randomly sometimes although it is fully charged?

And also if there's any software that can increase the volume of the built in speakers rather than buying actual speakers if that makes sense?

Thanks xx
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel: Can someone please explain why my mac goes off randomly sometimes although it is fully charged?

And also if there's any software that can increase the volume of the built in speakers rather than buying actual speakers if that makes sense?

Thanks xx

I think its cause of over heating of the cpu... mac use to have that flaw. I will advise you to reinstall OSX or you get a good ultrabook or a windows 8 tablet incase you need to replace it.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

I think its cause of over heating of the cpu... mac use to have that flaw. I will advise you to reinstall OSX or you get a good ultrabook or a windows 8 tablet incase you need to replace it.

What causes the over heating? Thank you smiley
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Kessythegeek(m): 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel:

hey cuteeyes
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel:

what year model is your MacBook?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:
what year model is your MacBook?
The 2012 model
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
Kessythegeek: hey cuteeyes
Haha I'm blushing grin
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel:
The 2012 model

is it going off or its the screen that is going off?

from what I know your mac is product a defect product... it cant be fixed but replaced.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

is it going off or its the screen that is going off?

from what I know your mac is product a defect product... it cant be fixed but replaced.

It goes off completely sad
I see, I guess I'll just have to buy a new laptop soon then
Thanks for your help smiley
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel:

It goes off completely sad
I see, I guess I'll just have to buy a new laptop soon then
Thanks for your help smiley

try and sell it asap... many people have that issue. for me am not spending over a thousand pounds again for macs... I am happy with my surface pro now.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

try and sell it asap... many people have that issue. for me am not spending over a thousand pounds again for macs... I am happy with my surface pro now.

What is surface pro? Is it any good?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel:

What is surface pro? Is it any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3gG8TlUVyU
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
It's pretty cool actually grin
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel: It's pretty cool actually grin

yeah... 800 pounds and its actually run all your windows application... and all android application plus its as small as the ipad can connect it to 3 monitors at once... you can place call of duty on it. its just a great piece of machine... sony Samsung and other companies have their own also so you have lots of choice.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

yeah... 800 pounds and its actually run all your windows application... and all android application plus its as small as the ipad can connect it to 3 monitors at once... you can place call of duty on it. its just a great piece of machine... sony Samsung and other companies have their own also so you have lots of choice.

You're tempting me by the moment, the more I look at it, the more I want to just but it, lol
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

You're tempting me by the moment, the more I look at it, the more I want to just buy it, lol
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel:

You're tempting me by the moment, the more I look at it, the more I want to just buy it, lol

lol... are you on kik? Line? whatsapp?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Princessmel(f): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2013
benalvino:

lol... are you on kik? Line? whatsapp?
Whatsapp
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
[/quote]
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by inene: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2013
I NEED THE HELP OF EXPERTS. I USE A MACBOOK, THE LIGHT INDICATOR ON THE CHARGING PORT DOES NOT SHOW ANYMORE . I HAVE TRIED OTHER CARGERS AND ITS THE SAME STORY BUT THE INDICATOR ON THE SYSTEM SHOWS ITS CHARGING. WHAT IS THE ISSUE HERE. I LOVE THE MAC AND DO NOT WANT TO THROW IT AWAY AS SOME PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2013
inene: I NEED THE HELP OF EXPERTS. I USE A MACBOOK, THE LIGHT INDICATOR ON THE CHARGING PORT DOES NOT SHOW ANYMORE . I HAVE TRIED OTHER CARGERS AND ITS THE SAME STORY BUT THE INDICATOR ON THE SYSTEM SHOWS ITS CHARGING. WHAT IS THE ISSUE HERE. I LOVE THE MAC AND DO NOT WANT TO THROW IT AWAY AS SOME PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING

when you mac begins to fail the only thing to do is send it to apple to fix it. else forget it. MacBook was designed to be difficult to change simple things like ram not to talk about fixing it when it becomes faulty.

my advice is to send it to apple
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Olisa74(m): 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
inene: I NEED THE HELP OF EXPERTS. I USE A MACBOOK, THE LIGHT INDICATOR ON THE CHARGING PORT DOES NOT SHOW ANYMORE . I HAVE TRIED OTHER CARGERS AND ITS THE SAME STORY BUT THE INDICATOR ON THE SYSTEM SHOWS ITS CHARGING. WHAT IS THE ISSUE HERE. I LOVE THE MAC AND DO NOT WANT TO THROW IT AWAY AS SOME PEOPLE ARE SUGGESTING

Please do not panic. As long as your Macbook itself is charging, your problem is a minor one.
Please try this, it was posted on an apple support community, and hopefully should resolve your problem.
Read the following before scheduling a service visit:

Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1713

Pay attention to the pictures regarding cleaning and the possibility of stuck pins.

SMC reset

Power or other problems related to unexpected system sleep, shutdown, lights or fans call for an SMC reset:

Before Resetting the SMC

Try each of the following steps in this order before you reset the SMC. Test the issue after completing each troubleshooting step to determine if the issue still occurs.

Press Command + Option + Escape to force quit any application that is not responding.
Put your Mac to sleep by choosing the Apple () menu from the upper-left menu bar and then choosing Sleep. Wake the computer after it has gone to sleep.
Restart your Mac by choosing the Apple () menu from the upper-left menu bar and then choosing Restart.
Shut down your Mac by choosing the Apple () menu from the upper-left menu bar and then choosing Shut Down.

Resetting the SMC on Mac portables with a battery you can remove

Shut down the computer.
Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the computer, if it's connected.
Remove the battery (to remove the battery - click here: MacBook or MacBook Pro).
Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
Release the power button.
Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Still having problems? Replace steps 6 and 7 with the following:

6. Reconnect MagSafe power adapter.
7. Press the power button to turn on the computer,
8. Then reconnect the battery.

Resetting the SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own

Shut down the computer.
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by deleson: 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hello Mac Friends,

Could you please recommend a great usb hub switch for macbook pro. Store recommmendation will be appreciated, preferably in Lagos.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 9:00am On Jun 28, 2013
anyone go mac osx 10.7 dvd or flash drive? my macbook crashed lastwek , i got d pirated lion disk frm computer village but it didnt wrk. kindly help if you have d original dvd or u have it prepared on a flash drive. 08034674046
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 9:01am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Guys I will take 200 naira to do it for youcheesy inbox me
drop ur contact.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2013
ahmmyreal: anyone go mac osx 10.7 dvd or flash drive? my macbook crashed lastwek , i got d pirated lion disk frm computer village but it didnt wrk. kindly help if you have d original dvd or u have it prepared on a flash drive. 08034674046

Get windows seven or 8 on it.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by Kasiye: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2013
benalvino:

Guys I will take 200 naira to do it for youcheesy inbox me

Am interested, what's ur contact?
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2013
can i install win 7 or 8 without first installing mac osx? i taught you can only install windows via bootcamp and that requires your mac os running ok.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by ahmmyreal(m): 11:34am On Jun 30, 2013
benalvino:

Get windows seven or 8 on it.
can i install win 7 or 8 without first installing
mac osx? i taught you can only install windows
via bootcamp and that requires your mac os
running ok.
Re: Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. by benalvino(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
ahmmyreal: can i install win 7 or 8 without first installing
mac osx? i taught you can only install windows
via bootcamp and that requires your mac os
running ok.

yes you can but its not straight forward

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 / Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.