Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo (6596 Views)

Stop Politicising Anti Corruption Fight-igbo Community / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Buhari Tricked, Misses Atiku's Sons Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by NegroNtns(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
monkey, you just stepped on a sleeping dog's tail, shocked
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2011
The middle belters should increase their ringtone as someone said earlier.the igbo will definately not fight for them.they should come to us and tell us what they want.if it is logistics they want,we can assist but as for the actual fight,its between them and hausa/fulani
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by ektbear: 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2011
I may have misread the OP, but I don't see where they are asking Igbos for anything.

In fact the article is more about they want their own separate identity, not necessarily about rapprochement.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by NegroNtns(m): 11:43pm On Dec 24, 2011
I may have misread the OP, but I don't see where they are asking Igbos for anything

ekt, self-centerdness blocks their vision.   Listen to what chima said above you. . . . . makes me laugh, lol, that igbo is asking middle belt to come to Easterners for political consultation.   Ibo is the least politically savvy people in Nigeria.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by EzeUche(m): 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2011
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by EMANY01(m): 12:03am On Dec 25, 2011
@ Ezuche
This thing you just said now I'm looking at my watch counting down to when one southwestern  individual will ddescendon this thread with tales of the exploit of one black scorpion why? I hhaven'treally figured him out but your mention of the y-word is a part trigger.

Would hate to see what could have been a meaningfull discussion turn into and ethnic slugfest.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by NegroNtns(m): 12:14am On Dec 25, 2011
Ijaw and Middle Belt are regretting that they fought the war.

Whose next. . . The Yoruba?

what an insult! angry Please, keep us out of your nonsense if nothing better for you to say. You understand me? cool
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by ak47mann(m): 12:19am On Dec 25, 2011
nemesis cool cool
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by EMANY01(m): 12:23am On Dec 25, 2011
I cant say im igbo but iv never understood the willfull ignorance(i would say non challance) that some sections of the country display when igbos are emotionally stired up with rage when ever  the subject of the dead during and BEFORE the civil war is raised.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by EzeUche(m): 12:24am On Dec 25, 2011
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by NegroNtns(m): 12:34am On Dec 25, 2011
lol. . . .except that we are not confused about the war like the MBs are! You, will be lamenting your regrets for heading into Md-West in error of judgement. If you had not, Yoruba would not have touched you. Our fathers who fought in the war owed us, their children, the moral justification for defending the land. They are not sorry for it, we are grateful for it and we shall demolish you again if the events were to repeat itself today so that the legacy of homeland defense, which has been on the Oduduwaland and preserved for centuries, shall not be undone in our lifetime.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by ak47mann(m): 12:38am On Dec 25, 2011
what will you use to demolish us again?OPC or IHEJIRIKA  cool cool every other tribe in Nigeria are begging for forgiveness Yoruba remain, or are you more sophisticated than those groups that said they are sorry for joining Hausa/Fulani cool cool
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by NegroNtns(m): 12:44am On Dec 25, 2011
We have the best swagger in Nigeria!!! cool We dont give a 'F' about no one that has hidden agenda to see our downfall. F y'all! cool
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by ak47mann(m): 12:48am On Dec 25, 2011
hahahaha best (swagger) no be best swagger na best lager cool cool
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by NegroNtns(m): 12:57am On Dec 25, 2011
Thank you for recognising our position as top dawg! "Yoruba lager", the beer of champions!! grin grin
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Dec 25, 2011
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Dec 25, 2011
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by dayokanu(m): 2:21am On Dec 25, 2011
Unlike some people whose men tie wrapper like they have chronic hernia

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDqGm-_YfCoiufCSkYEy_v6ieF01tXBnz_EMb2qzAm67T4LUqKVgj5kYMg[/img]
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Chyz2: 2:25am On Dec 25, 2011
ak47mann:

what will you use to demolish us again?OPC or IHEJIRIKA  cool cool every other tribe in Nigeria are begging for forgiveness Yoruba remain, or are you more sophisticated than those groups that said they are sorry for joining Hausa/Fulani cool cool

Their people were the first ones to mention how they regretted fighting the civil war. We've posted different articles on this site abt that. hope you have not forgotten.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 2:28am On Dec 25, 2011
Ndigbo are not saying they would fight for anybody; the article says that Middle belt youths are (by implication) regretting the role played by their fathers against Ndigbo during the war. They are also seeking a separate identity.
Their body language also suggest that they look towards the SE/SS for direction. We are not unaware of the ambient challenges they face as they navigate their political future in Nigeria. Unfortunately, they have to weather the initial storms (as they are already doing).

All I'm saying is that we (Ndigbo), being THE MAIN FACTOR in Nigeria, and in southern Nigeria (because of our stability, predictability, war capacity as proven by history, and our reliability) cannot afford to sit by. We should initiate dialogue NOW with them, at youth levels of course. They know us (having fought us in battle), and respect us (unlike the noise makers from across the fence ), so we can rapport with them and take Nigeria to a brighter future.

Ndigbo si na "isi ala adighi ato n'ebe akporo ya" (sorry non-Igbos, I cannot translate this one  cool ).

Having said that, I also echo what someone said already, which is that they must demonstrate SERIOUSNESS by taking open steps to dissociate with Core North, and there is no better way of doing so than to openly rapport with us (Ndigbo).

It is childish to turn them away.  cool

Here I stand.  cool cool cool
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by dayokanu(m): 2:28am On Dec 25, 2011
They make good shooting practice for Benjamin Adekunle

Everything that moves and even those that can not move felt the wrath of a Yoruba man

Same scenario- Kill other leaders and Spare yours, the killing would happen again.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Chyz2: 2:29am On Dec 25, 2011
dayokanu:

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo4CFPqX2WBjRpdFXYaBLf14o2AZB_-Kfgx46amOXhXu4UMnue[/img]

Hey I'm sure your people remember this guy. grin

SWAGGER right,check. Game tight. And you should be afraid,be very afraid!  cool
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by dayokanu(m): 2:35am On Dec 25, 2011
I'm sure Igbos remember this man

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo4CFPqX2WBjRpdFXYaBLf14o2AZB_-Kfgx46amOXhXu4UMnue[/img]

ADEKUNLE: But there could be Ibos among them. I want to avoid feeding a single Ibo as long as this whole people have not given up yet.

STERN: Do you sometimes feel sympathy for the Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: I have learned a word from the British, which is “sorry”! That’s how I want to respond to your question. [b]I did not want this war but I want to win this war. Therefore I have to kill the Ibos. Sorry![/b] The End.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 2:38am On Dec 25, 2011
^^

Keep doing this until you attract an equally psychotic Igbo to put depress all Yoruba from now till new year.
There are many of them here. Just wait.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by dayokanu(m): 2:42am On Dec 25, 2011
Are you not psychotic enough? you are still looking for someone crazier than you?
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Obiagu1(m): 2:44am On Dec 25, 2011
What concerns Yoruba with this thread
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 2:46am On Dec 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

What concerns Yoruba with this thread

I was wondering the same thing! undecided
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by ektbear: 3:13am On Dec 25, 2011
Why shouldn't Yoruba be interested in this thread?

The breaking up of the North as a political entity is clearly of significance to us. A major portion of what is called the "Middle Belt" is Yorubaland.

So it isn't clear to me why we shouldn't be interested.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Onlytruth(m): 3:29am On Dec 25, 2011

THE United Middle Belt Youth Congress (UMBYC), a group at the forefront of mapping out the North Central geopolitical zone as Middle Belt has lampooned the north for lining up soldiers from the zone against the Igbos during the Nigerian civil war.

They said the core north easily achieved this by exploiting the command structure of the military and manufacturing fear that Biafra is out to overrun them.

'We know the ignorant years that have passed when we went to war. When they mobilised us to war and told us 'ah they want to terminate you people. The Igbos are majority and in fact they are coming to swallow you people'

'A lot of us went to the bush to fight.
I know how many families of our brothers that we lost in that war. Not to talk about our other brothers, the Igbos who we went to fight ignorantly.'

The article clearly states that the Middle belters are talking about their role in the war against the Igbos/East.
They never mentioned Yoruba in their comments. I'm sure they have a reason for that. There may be Yorubas in the Middle belt, but we know they are not in the majority there.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by ektbear: 3:42am On Dec 25, 2011
Their role in the civil war was a part of the article, but not the whole of it. And arguably not the most important part.

They didn't mention Yoruba in this article. Yet they mentioned Kogi State, the entire western portion of which is Yorubaland.

Even if there were zero Yoruba in the middle belt, events going on there would be of significance to us, for reasons already stated.

And of course the reality is that two states in the MB have significant Yoruba populations.

While you are correct that we are not the majority there (>50%), this is also true of every group in that zone. So you don't have a point.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by NegroNtns(m): 3:51am On Dec 25, 2011
SWAGGER right,check. Game tight. And you should be afraid,be very afraid!

Hey Chyz, we sent that swagger dude to his grave using a decoyed poussie. lol! Swagger pass swagger!!

Anytime you mention Yoruba in your post, its like an open invitation. If you dont want us in your discussion then dont discuss us.
Re: How The North Tricked Middle Belt To Fight Igbo by Chyz2: 4:50am On Dec 25, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Hey Chyz, we sent that swagger dude to his grave using a decoyed poussie. lol! Swagger pass swagger!!

Anytime you mention Yoruba in your post, its like an open invitation. If you dont want us in your discussion then dont discuss us.

Sorry. U(Yorubas) did no such thing. wink. . .but we Igbos sent your adekunle guy back to his wasteland called oyo state cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria & South-Africa Aim To Strengthen Ties / Four Killed By Gunmen In Plateau / How Buhari Killed The Brother Of Nollywood Actor (Osuofia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.