Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1638067 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:03am On Mar 13, 2015
kliq:

The Celtics are doing great without Rondo.

Pelicans now 8th position on the log,can they hold on to that and keep OKC out of the playoffs?

that would be fun. when is durants contract up anyhow
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 7:30am On Mar 13, 2015
birdman:

that would be fun. when is durants contract up anyhow
true,KD should be back a week or 2 from now....workload too much for Westbrook
Re: The NBA Begins by IamNanas(m): 7:42am On Mar 13, 2015
Please I need bball tips cus I want to bet on bball
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:59am On Mar 13, 2015
IamNanas:
Please I need bball tips cus I want to bet on bball

Go to nba.com check the standings(log) of both conferences,study the winning percentages of all teams and then when there's a feature you do a comparison of both teams to ascertain who to award the win.....best still you post up the features of games you wish to stake here so you get peoples different predictions.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
Westbrook staying hot in win against the bulls

36pts,11 boards,6assists

Now 8th on the log
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
It's very difficult to gauge the prospects of the Rockets this coming post season, they made some very valuable trades especially with perimeter players like Ariza and Brewer, those two are potent one/one and perimeter defenders, and can also provide some offense, my only worry is the PG position, they desperately need a ball handler that can push and control the pace of the game especially on transition, Beverly does not cut it especially for a post season contender..James Harden would hit the numbers, get to the free throw..how would Howard's return impact their play? Dwight is a mobile Center for his Size but he also alters how they play, they love transition basketball and shooting three's with Dwight that changes or reduces significantly as they would look to post more..

Celtics push for the 8th spot has been impressive, currently on a 4 game winning streak and tied for 9th, one win behind the 8th spot, if we eventually make it to the post season irrespective of our performance during the playoff's that would be huge for Brad Stevens and the young squad desperately searching for their identity...#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2015
Roland17:
It's very difficult to gauge the Rockets prospects this coming post season, they made some very valuable trades especially with perimeter players like Ariza and Brewer, those two are potent one and one and perimeter defenders, and can provide some offense, my only worry is the PG position, they desperately need a ball handler that can push and control the pace of the game especially on transition, Beverly does not cut it especially for a playoff contender..James Harden would hit the numbers, get to the free throw..how would Howard's return impact their play? Dwight is a mobile Center for his Size but he also alters how they play, they love transition basketball and shooting three's with Dwight that changes or reduces significantly as they would look to post more..

With their current play, passing the first round would be a miracle....

The defense is the best offense and Rockets lack that. Having Dwight in that premiere with his blocks and rebounds would give therm a chance

Well, if they do get him back before the playoffs, run through a different style of play, compare wins and losses, maybe just maybe they could reach the finals
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:03am On Mar 16, 2015
Westbrook for MVP! This guy is just a freak of nature. A 6'3 guy should not be this dominant

Rockets would fall short as always. Harden would miss too many shots at crunchtime

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:03am On Mar 16, 2015
A40:
Westbrook for MVP! This guy is just a freak of nature. A 6'3 guy should not be this dominant

Rockets would fall short as always. Harden would miss too many shots at crunchtime

I would seriously consider his chances to be candid, his numbers are scary..his only shortfall is his turn over, if he can reduce the ratio I would throw my hat in wholeheartedly..
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 3:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
Westbrook should be in the MVP conversation but he's putting up those numbers because he's the only star in the team. And even at that, he struggles with his FG% both in and behind the arc. His turnovers are pretty high and gets bulk of his points from the charity stripe. He misses shots when it matters the most and FTs when needed the most

Put KD back there and he goes back to his average stats

He's had 11 games of 35+ with a 3-8 record.....poor
He takes an average of 24 shots a game since KD injury...too high for a PG
Plus the most important: His team is struggling to qualify even with those numbers.

An MVP should be one who's invaluable to his team, take them up the standings with average players and get his team mates to go extra hard when needed

My MVP list should be:

Harden and Curry, with Harden a short nudge ahead
Distant third Westbrook and The king not far behind
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
James Harden is the MVP
Remove him from Houston and watch them become a lottery team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
Obviously if we are looking at performances over the full course of the season I'd probably hand Curry the MVP title but you can't ignore what Westbrook has been doing. The sheer workload he has been carrying without Durant is unbelievable we are talking about last year's MVP not just a role player
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Anthony Davis is also underrated IMO
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
A40:
Obviously if we are looking at performances over the full course of the season I'd probably hand Curry the MVP title but you can't ignore what Westbrook has been doing. The sheer workload he has been carrying without Durant is unbelievable we are talking about last year's MVP not just a role player
Westbrook standing in the West isn't helping matters they might not even get the 8th seed.
Harden has played without dwight almost all season he deserves this trophy.
AD isn't their yet when he had that injury his team carried on like nothing was wrong.
Curry is favourite to win it though if I had my wish the MVP na Harden.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Westbrook standing in the West isn't helping matters they might not even get the 8th seed.
Harden has played without dwight almost all season he deserves this trophy.
AD isn't their yet when he had that injury his team carried on like nothing was wrong.
Curry is favourite to win it though if I had my wish the MVP na Harden.
Chale! Do you realize Westbrook also missed almost 20 games? Do you think OKC would be 8th if Westbrook and Durant had not missed over 50 games combined?

Are you comparing Dwight who isn't even the best center in the Western Conference to a Durant who is one of the top 2 players in the League?
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:24am On Mar 17, 2015
A40:

Chale! Do you realize Westbrook also missed almost 20 games? Do you think OKC would be 8th if Westbrook and Durant had not missed over 50 games combined?

Are you comparing Dwight who isn't even the best center in the Western Conference to a Durant who is one of the top 2 players in the League?
I don't think I have ever seen an MVP coming from an 8th seeded team.
Funny thing if it isn't for the recent Triple double run he won't be getting this much attention for MVP.
D12 might not be the best anymore but he still a defensive beast that Harden kept them in 4th place in the west his no Joke.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:34am On Mar 17, 2015
I love Harden, but truth is the dude disappears come playoffs. ALWAYS. Houston is ready for heartbreak in a badass west
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:55am On Mar 17, 2015
jeneinaloving:
Start working at home with Google! Just work for few hours and have more time with friends and family. I earn up to $500 per week. It's a great work at home opportunity. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. Linked here
www.buzz77.com

Guy don't kill the fun here....move this Crap to the business section....we are made-men here cool
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:59am On Mar 17, 2015
MVP race is between Harden and Curry and maybe Westbrook
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:05am On Mar 18, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I don't think I have ever seen an MVP coming from an 8th seeded team.
Funny thing if it isn't for the recent Triple double run he won't be getting this much attention for MVP.
D12 might not be the best anymore but he still a defensive beast that Harden kept them in 4th place in the west his no Joke.
Always a first time for everything

The truth is with Howard there is no possibility they would be higher than 4th. OKC are not 8th with a healthy Durant they even have Ibaka out over the past 3-4 games so looking at OKC's seeding is a bit deceptive
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:10am On Mar 18, 2015
kliq:
MVP race is between Harden and Curry and maybe Westbrook

Got to be harden. I suspect the voting coaches will play favorites and give it to Curry anyhow
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:35am On Mar 18, 2015
After carefully analyzing the numbers, team's strength and player impact, my MVP ranks

James Harden: He is my MVP candidate, he is Houston Rockets, there are no other scoring options for the Rockets, can score in different ways ..a brick shooting night means the Rockets are most likely loosing the game, his transition basketball is only rivaled by one Russell Westbrook but the difference is he is automatic from the free throw lane, a potent one on one defender because he moves his feet and good with stealing the ball, he has virtually played the whole season without DH, many might argue DH's influence has become irrelevant, but hey DH provides another scoring option that alters their style of play and keeps opponents away from crashing the board. Take Harden out from the Rockets and they are an average team struggling for the 8th spot...

Stephen Curry: tough to keep quite all night, I am very glad the decision to build the future of the franchise on him rather than Monta Ellis has finally yielded the expected result, most importantly Curry has stayed healthy, his ankles has carried him, he used to be glass footed but over two seasons he has proven he can stay healthy. Now, compared to Harden, scorings are majorly from beyond the arc and jumpers, below average defender, of course He is the focus of the team offensively, but he is not indispensable like Harden, an off night means the other splash brother Klay Thompson can shoulder the burden of carrying the Warriors to the W, remember also the roaster of the Warriors is unchanged even after Mark Jackson left and Steve Kerr took over thus continuity is a huge factor for their current form compared to Harden who has to play with new teammates like Ariza, Brewer et al..

Russel Westbrook: aggressive, energetic, passion every night even during the all star games when other players are relaxed and not bothered, Russel has matured over the years into a professional and dominant player whose numbers speak for itself, he attacks the defense with authority and has the energy to finish plays even after contact..but my problem with Russel are his turn over ratio, it has cost the Thunders tons of games, secondly he seems to be in a haste to initiate plays and is not automatic from the free throw lane as compared to Harden and Curry.
Is Russell indispensable to the Thunders? That is arguable to some but to me, no, Kevin Durant is the purest efficient scorer left in the league and the best player in the roaster, if they are able to compliment each other and stick to roles they might make it far in the post season..

Anthony Davis: much love to the unibrow, to imagine he is just turned 22..he is the future of the NBA no question, skilled with the ball, great footwork and positioning likened to that of the Hall of fame Marshal, Robinson (Spurs ), dominates the paint offensively and defensively, averages 3 blocks per game but nothing compared to Harden, Curry and Russell albeit they play different positions..I believe his time would come but not this season but hey he deserves a mention..

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 5:22am On Mar 18, 2015
^^^

Cool analysis
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2015

gringrin
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2015
Lol

Howard and Shaq will miss 9 of 10 from the free throw line cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
Decale:

gringrin
Looooool Shaq and Dwight are bad but Ben Wallace and DeAndre Jordan are the worst free-throw shooters in the history of the game
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
A40:

Looooool Shaq and Dwight are bad but Ben Wallace and DeAndre Jordan are the worst free-throw shooters in the history of the game

Really?

Didn't know those 2 other guys were worse than Howard/Shaq....wow
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
Well maybe because Shaq/howard were major franchise players cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
Decale:

gringrin

Oooo my....Ben Wallace was horrible, flat out horrible from the line....God.... He threw air balls from the line more times than I could remember him hitting the rim and he had this arrogance about him, Shaq numbers fluctuated, he got worse as the publicity grew, he was not that bad in high school...
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:43am On Mar 19, 2015
^^^

grin crazy

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.