Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617731 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:32pm On May 01, 2016
Donlittle:
Man, man is destroying a whole blazers.

Thing looks like he is playing easy against C.P.U.

Game was so easy, i turned it off and i am about to play 2K16
Braah it was like NBA Jam that year

He is a very bad man.

The Varejao, Henderson incident. Hilarious
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:39pm On May 01, 2016
They need Curry. Even if not for this series over 7 games but they definitely need him. There is something lacking when he isn't there. I can't explain it.

Klay is a big scorer and a defensive asset but Curry's distribution makes his game easier. With Curry today, this game would have been a blow out.

I was worried that the GSW bench kept getting outscored by the Blazers bench. Didn't set a good precedence all game but GSW played very good defence on Colum and Lilliard (only spotting them difficult shots).

I know many will praise Klay and Green for today, but my player of the game was Bogut. He is an absolute rim protector.

I suspect game 2 may be closer if Warriors bench do not deliver. I don't see Blazers beating GSW over 7 games. So I am calling it in 5 or 6 because GSW won't lose back to back games.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:39pm On May 01, 2016
Decale:

If Curry got to the stripe as often as others, he would make 36ppg too. Remember, he's the only guy in NBA history to drop 50+pts with only one free throw

And the warriors desperately need curry in game 3. Rip City handed them their largest defeat this season and I have a funny feeling Blazers will steal game 2 at the bay area.
Not those Blazers I saw tonight. Stranger things have happened but its very unlikely. Barring an injury I don't think it is possible

Roland17:
Question everyone..

IS KLAY THOMPSON A FRANCHISE PLAYER?
Yes. Even Harden that was a third wheel with OKC is now a franchise player. How much more Klay?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:41pm On May 01, 2016
In other news disappointed for the Hornets. That game 6 they blew came back to haunt them. The east is looking too easy for Cavs even though all games against the Pistons were close.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:48pm On May 01, 2016
Eruditor:
They need Curry. Even if not for this series over 7 games but they definitely need him. There is something lacking when he isn't there. I can't explain it.

Klay is a big scorer and a defensive asset but Curry's distribution makes his game easier. With Curry today, this game would have been a blow out.

I was worried that the GSW bench kept getting outscored by the Blazers bench. Didn't set a good precedence all game but GSW played very good defence on Colum and Lilliard (only spotting them difficult shots).

I know many will praise Klay and Green for today, but my player of the game was Bogut. He is an absolute rim protector.

I suspect game 2 may be closer if Warriors bench do not deliver. I don't see Blazers beating GSW over 7 games. So I am calling it in 5 or 6 because GSW won't lose back to back games.
The game was a blowout. Don't let the Final score confuse you.

They will need him vs the Spurs. Not these guys. Remember Iggy and Livingston didn't even play well
Re: The NBA Begins by kingsilly(m): 11:51pm On May 01, 2016
Eruditor:
In other news disappointed for the Hornets. That game 6 they blew came back to haunt them. The east is looking too easy for Cavs even though all games against the Pistons were close.

Honestly were you expecting hornet to win that series against the Heat, yeah hear fumbled in game 5, but it was just a slip, I original stand with Miami winning the series in 5, but they shoot themselves in the foot, a great game today for the heat, 'twas a blowout thanks to dragic and whiteside

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:58pm On May 01, 2016
A40:

The game was a blowout. Don't let the Final score confuse you.

They will need him vs the Spurs. Not these guys. Remember Iggy and Livingston didn't even play well

You are right. I was just angry that the bench kept letting Blazers pad their scores. At 24points I wanted it to remain that way. That 137-105 of February still gives me nightmares. I want Blazers to understand who they're playing. grin

Exactly at Livingston! He wasn't his characteristic post-up self. And saw him turnover atleast twice.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 12:00am On May 02, 2016
kingsilly:

Honestly were you expecting hornet to win that series against the Heat, yeah hear fumbled in game 5, but it was just a slip, I original stand with Miami winning the series in 5, but they shoot themselves in the foot, a great game today for the heat, 'twas a blowout thanks to dragic and whiteside

I expected a Heats sweep or at most 4-2. After Hornets led 3-2 into game 6, I thought it was done. I guess they figured how to quench the fire of Lin off the bench. They didn't let him make easy lay-ups at all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:00am On May 02, 2016
Donlittle:
Can you emphasize more on that highlighted part? I disagree on that.

Have you watched his Davidson days? He consistently improved season by season...

He came from a family that needed to prove something in the NBA not bench players. His hardwork got him to where he was

Scouts botched him cos they said "His shot selection was a detriment". He took 60% of his shots outside the arc and he's coming to a league where the shooting arc is pushed back. What did he do? He broke his 3 point record THRICE!!!

NBA said in 2009 that he's more of a shooting guard than a point guard. What did he do? He averaged 8.6 assists and led the NBA in secondary assists

With talent, your stats are always there, not improving tremendously but always showing you're elite. But with hardwork, season by season displays a rise in your effort to be the best. Durant, Irving, Klay got the talents flowing through them. Leonard, Curry, Isaiah Thomas, etc worked their ass to being the best of the bunch.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:07am On May 02, 2016
Eruditor:

You are right. I was just angry that the bench kept letting Blazers pad their scores. At 24points I wanted it to remain that way. That 137-105 of February still gives me nightmares. I want Blazers to understand who they're playing. grin

Exactly at Livingston! He wasn't his characteristic post-up self. And saw him turnover atleast twice.
You have to pace yourself. This is why I always laugh when people say the Warriors don't have a good defense
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:08am On May 02, 2016
kingsilly:

The Heat rn looking like the only team with a shot vs the Cavs if they play to their best
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 1:11am On May 02, 2016
Damn!!! Okc shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:23am On May 02, 2016
If you can call SOFTEN a franchise player how much more Klay!!! undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 2:54am On May 02, 2016
birdman:

lol. dont worry. we will be back to our regularly scheduled programming next game

Lol I know.

Biyombo on the line , dude sucks at free throws ,hopefully we beat Pacers tonight. Knowing Cleaveland will humiliate us in conference finals, yet Canadians are thirty for Heat blood. Olorun jowo 12mins to go.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 3:01am On May 02, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
since u ddn't pop up grin it's now dat they won a scrappy game that we are seeing ur tail lights undecided how have you been tho? Last time I saw you was last playoffs smiley

Sick of seeing curry & dem deadly 3s every freaking time , the hate is real, so gotta show up and jubilate when their azz get whooped!

Been okay babes, thanks for asking, hope you're good too , I'm moving back here fully when the conference final 7s commence.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 3:31am On May 02, 2016
Get that garbage out of here George!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 3:33am On May 02, 2016
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BRING IT ON MIAMI !

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ivyy(f): 11:10am On May 02, 2016
A40:
Braaah was Steph Curry blocking Klay Thompson's shine all this time?

Lmaooo what is your team all about? I am curious. You are a cutie tho
tongue
#TheIVYYLeague #Missnairaland
Can you please ask your friends in here to vote for me? cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 12:12pm On May 02, 2016
ivyy:

tongue

Lol.
Coming to a thread and asking someone to plead with the members of the thread to vote for you? Not queen material, love...

If you want to win, you know what to do

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by ivyy(f): 12:27pm On May 02, 2016
Decale:

Lol.
Coming to a thread and asking someone to plead with the members of the thread to vote for you? Not queen material, love...

If you want to win, you know what to do

I need the votes, so I'm not going to pretend and I'm not going to act like I'm above those asking on my behalf to get it. I will put in my own efforts too thank you tongue I might be confident but I'm definitely not heady cheesy

But thanks love grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:02pm On May 02, 2016
ivyy:

tongue
Lmao I don't have that many friends here ooh. I would see what I can do sha
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:04pm On May 02, 2016
My first round picks 7/8

Second round

East

Heat

Cavs

West

Spurs

Warriors

Ewuro4:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

BRING IT ON MIAMI !
You guys shouldn't have even let that Series drag to 7

DeRozan needed 32 shots to score 30pts. Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2016
A40:

FIXED

Walton to the Lakers. Smart pickup if you ask me

we beat mavs in round 1, clips in round 2. if we beat gsw in WCF, we would be in the finals no?

I'm a little skeptical on Walton - I think GSW won while he was coach just because the system was already in place. Remember that this is a 73-win team. Lets see sha...but I will not be surprised if he is just OK
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2016
Ewuro4:

Lol I know.

Biyombo on the line , dude sucks at free throws ,hopefully we beat Pacers tonight. Knowing Cleaveland will humiliate us in conference finals, yet Canadians are thirty for Heat blood. Olorun jowo 12mins to go.

ah you are a miami fan? hehehe...make i mark calendar

o raptors? lol. i think lowry is due for ECF
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 10:29pm On May 02, 2016
A40:
My first round picks 7/8

Second round

East

Heat

Cavs

West

Spurs

Warriors

You guys shouldn't have even let that Series drag to 7

DeRozan needed 32 shots to score 30pts. Lol

wow you're really confident Heat will beat us? With Pacers owner in the front row during game 6, and George in his A game, how could Raptors possibly think they could win that game? won all my bet against Raptors that night.
Heat fumbled too and dragged the game to 7 even with Bosh and Wade combo. Lol. Anyway, we'll see bout that.
DeRozan's offence was a flaw in last 2 games, dude needs to toughen up. Speak of tough, Cory Joseph's killing it. Defence, offence, great shots, he's great.

happy for Dwane Casey.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:30pm On May 02, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I see why my point was misunderstood,
I think harden game is alright.

Harden is a super star for sure. And he is stronger than he looks, which would be useful whenever he decides he wants to defend
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 10:34pm On May 02, 2016
birdman:

ah you are a miami fan? hehehe...make i mark calendar

Nope, you know I be James follow follow lol , na follow I follow am go Miami. I'm back to Cavs.

Raptors are my homies any day .. We the North grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:11pm On May 02, 2016
Ewuro4:

wow you're really confident Heat will beat us? With Pacers owner in the front row during game 6, and George in his A game, how could Raptors possibly think they could win that game? won all my bet against Raptors that night.
Heat fumbled too and dragged the game to 7 even with Bosh and Wade combo. Lol. Anyway, we'll see bout that.
DeRozan's offence was a flaw in last 2 games, dude needs to toughen up. Speak of tough, Cory Joseph's killing it. Defence, offence, great shots, he's great.

happy for Dwane Casey.
I am confident because of what I saw in this series. Your best player is DeRozan theirs is Wade. The difference is clear

Lol Bosh didn't play all through the series. Charlotte are a much more better team than Indy.

DeRozan relies mostly on drives to the basket and long inefficient two's. He is just too inefficient offensively
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:15pm On May 02, 2016
birdman:

we beat mavs in round 1, clips in round 2. if we beat gsw in WCF, we would be in the finals no?

I'm a little skeptical on Walton - I think GSW won while he was coach just because the system was already in place. Remember that this is a 73-win team. Lets see sha...but I will not be surprised if he is just OK
You said 1 more game. Shoulda been 1 more series

I am not skeptical about Walton. He will not get them to the playoffs but they would win more than 16 games and play much better than Byron Scott. He did an excellent job with the Warriors. It takes a good coach to improve on a team that won 67 the previous year
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:37am On May 03, 2016
erm, so any OKC fans in the house? please raise your hands so we can make sure you alright in about 30-45 minutes . We care tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by kabman: 2:41am On May 03, 2016
Hawks should start planning for vacation.talent difference too much to even steal one game from Cleveland.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:37am On May 03, 2016
Aldridge is so lethal

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.