Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,422 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617756 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:55am On Aug 05, 2016
birdman:
in other news, westbrook staying in okc. I still find it hard to believe Durant would blindside Westbrook like that. Next season's thunder vs warriors gon be hot.
I always assumed that WB would leave at first opportunity.
but All the news coming out just makes KD look like a douche.

it can be hot all it wants,but we know how it will end.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 5:24am On Aug 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

lol he made a wise decision and secured his interest at heart by giving okc one more year while the next being a player option

"Westbrook is functionally adding only one year to his contract. He was set for restricted free agency in 2017; now, it's 2018" - BR

So now he won't be traded by the team to another highest bidder... But can leave a year later than intended to the team of his choice knowing he has paid his dues....

Nothing about loyalty and what not it's just simple strategy... Would do the same if it was me

p.s. He also increased the monetary value both in the market and also in salary for this move. So Why Not?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:41am On Aug 05, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
lol he made a wise decision and secured his interest at heart by giving okc one more year while the next being a player option

"Westbrook is functionally adding only one year to his contract. He was set for restricted free agency in 2017; now, it's 2018" - BR

So now he won't be traded by the team to another highest bidder... But can leave a year later than intended to the team of his choice knowing he has paid his dues....

Nothing about loyalty and what not it's just simple strategy... Would do the same if it was me

p.s. He also increased the monetary value both in the market and also in salary for this move. So Why Not?
am aware of the contract situation.
all we read was KD and WB will both test FA together taking advantage of the increase Cap while,
KD signs a two year deal with a 2nd year player option to make it happen.
it is also a great PR move from WB.
loyalty might not count for much but their is no reason we cant pretend otherwise

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2016
Hey guys.... ... grin abeg wey skywalker o, abi who is gonna organize nairaleague this season
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 1:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Championship rings for durant and west brook running away from Oklahoma in few years.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
joephemzyz:
Hey guys.... ... grin abeg wey skywalker o, abi who is gonna organize nairaleague this season

Chairman, not sure it is available yet but na birdman organise last season .

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
WB wouldn't have gotten the money he did, had KD stayed. KD not informing him directly about his decision could also be KDs subtle way of telling us part of his issues in OKC.

I am particularly surprised at the candor and gentlemanliness WB showed in answering the questions put at him by the reporters. He now has a team that he can call his own while he pads his stats and yanks up 3s as he wills. They will probably lose 40+ games this season which will qualify them as 5th seeds.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
OKC is not losing 40 plus game haba. That squad is good enough to challenge well into the 2nd round in my humble opinion.

I like Westbrook, Glad he did not jump ship. No matter how you dice it, slice it, kid is more of a fighter than KD is. Hope he learns how to lead, that is the number one element missing from his game.

He needs to learn to get others involve, not just give kanter and Adams the ball in the paint but learn how to control the tempo of the game like CP3.

I wouldn't want to have Kevin Durant as a friend lol. Always quick to come to Russell Aide, but left him hanging during his time of need, which in essence means he felt the same we all felt about Russell game.

This move would have been easier to stomach if they did not get along, those two were like best friends lol.

KD is a great player, GSW is the clear winner here, but he is a punk abeg.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
Skywalker5:

Championship rings for durant and west brook running away from Oklahoma in few years.
actually the other way around cheesy.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
Donlittle:
OKC is not losing 40 plus game haba. That squad is good enough to challenge well into the 2nd round in my humble opinion.

I like Westbrook, Glad he did not jump ship. No matter how you dice it, slice it, kid is more of a fighter than KD is. Hope he learns how to lead, that is the number one element missing from his game.

He needs to learn to get others involve, not just give kanter and Adams the ball in the paint but learn how to control the tempo of the game like CP3.

I wouldn't want to have Kevin Durant as a friend lol. Always quick to come to Russell Aide, but left him hanging during his time of need, which in essence means he felt the same we all felt about Russell game.

This move would have been easier to stomach if they did not get along, those two were like best friends lol.

KD is a great player, GSW is the clear winner here, but he is a punk abeg.

grin

I was just rating them based on how they played without KD in 2014/15 when he was injured. Na 45 games dem lose that season.

Without a doubt KD was sly and in that I agree with you. But WB didn't stay put because he is a fighter. He had more money to make, and he wasn't a free agent so even if he wanted to leave, the ensuing team would have traded big players to acquire him.

If WB wants to show us how much of a fighter he is, he for sign 5 year contract.

I know I am just nitpicking but I can't pretend I am not happy that KD is in GSW.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
KD's not interested in continuing with WB imo. Just that he would rather leave than be a Kobe (asking the org secretly to choose btwn him & WB).
I think i'll praise Durant here rather than criticize him. Big bro always leave things for the lil bro to enjoy!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
Eruditor:

grin

I was just rating them based on how they played without KD in 2014/15 when he was injured. Na 45 games dem lose that season.

Without a doubt KD was sly and in that I agree with you. But WB didn't stay put because he is a fighter. He had more money to make, and he wasn't a free agent so even if he wanted to leave, the ensuing team would have traded big players to acquire him.

If WB wants to show us how much of a fighter he is, he for sign 5 year contract.

I know I am just nitpicking but I can't pretend I am not happy that KD is in GSW.
exactly someone gets this

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Manutd19:
KD's not interested in continuing with WB imo. Just that he would rather leave than be a Kobe (asking the org secretly to choose btwn him & WB).
I think i'll praise Durant here rather than criticize him. Big bro always leave things for the lil bro to enjoy!
I get what you are saying bro.
But look at it this way, Kobe and Shaq never got along. Simple as ABC. Dudes do not even like each other? Westbrook and KD? you can even call them bestfriends.

KD defends westbrook like is life depends on it, Remember against mcCuban? and so many more. After doing all that, you left him, and go play with the team you both clearly "hate"? Nah fam, if that was my friend, i will assassinate him and just spend the rest of my life in prison grin grin

What kinda thing is that? lmao...

In perspective, that is why i love KOBE, dude is gonna tell you straight up, i don't like you, i don't want you here. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Eruditor:

grin

You think i would care if i was a Dallas fan and KD come join us? Lmao, bro i would be dancing galagala every where. pfft. Enjoy it fam. Don't let anyone tell y'all not to enjoy it. Me sef might call mcCuban and tell him to try to get Westbrook so the whole of oklahoma can cry grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:07am On Aug 06, 2016
Skywalker5:

Chairman, not sure it is available yet but na birdman organise last season .

thanks chief...... grin grin
birdman da o
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
birdman:
in other news, westbrook staying in okc. I still find it hard to believe Durant would blindside Westbrook like that. Next season's thunder vs warriors gon be hot.
Ewo tun ni blindside? Na the same mama born them?

When your guy left the Heat and actually cost Wade money shey una talk that time

Me sef go like make dem blindside me with $85m/3 yr deal

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:15am On Aug 07, 2016
A40:

When your guy left the Heat and actually cost Wade money shey una talk that time

even if na the same mama born them, NA the same head dey carry?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:32am On Aug 07, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
even if na the same mama born them, NA the same head dey carry?
Nne I tire oh. Paddy no kuku dey for jungle last time I checked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:42am On Aug 09, 2016
A40:

notifying your compadre of 8 years you changed your mind at the last moment via text is low. yeah, durant has a right to do whatever, but his rep as a stand-up guy is shot.

I would never believe Durant was capable of this kind of low down behavior, especially after that MVP speech he gave.

And then, after the fact, Westbrook finds out that Green had been recruiting Durant all season shocked - even while he was trash-talking Warriors with him. Anyone here really things this wasnt a slimy thing to do?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:45am On Aug 09, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

Obviously Westbrook made a good business move here. But from the press conference, it seemed the GM was willing to part with a little more quid than usual because he believed Westbrook's story about proving something - we will see in a year grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:48am On Aug 09, 2016
Donlittle:

agreed. that combo of scoring 2-3 scoring bigs on the floor at the same time was prretty much unstoppable. And the second year coach not only has the personell to do the same this year, he might even come up with new tricks. This team is at least a second rounder next year

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
I think the best OKC can do this season is the 7th seed.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
Predicted OKC starting lineup from Twitter

PG : Westbrook
SG: Westbrook
SF: Westbrook
PF: Westbrook
C: Westbrook

They should be OK if Westbrook keeps others involved.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Predicted OKC starting lineup from Twitter

PG : Westbrook
SG: Westbrook
SF: Westbrook
PF: Westbrook
C: Westbrook

They should be OK if Westbrook keeps others involved.

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
Meanwhile, the USA BB team in the Olympics just used brawn to beat China. The team lacks fluidity and Identity. Their game just felt so in-organic. I preferred watching the Lithuania-Brazil, Croatia-Spain games.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
Eruditor:
Meanwhile, the USA BB team in the Olympics just used brawn to beat China. The team lacks fluidity and Identity. Their game just felt so in-organic. I preferred watching the Lithuania-Brazil, Croatia-Spain games.
fam, I saw Barnes missed a layup then a dunk to follow up and I started Crying. Dallas is in for a long season, I believe in Rick carlirse sha
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:15am On Aug 10, 2016
Donlittle:
fam, I saw Barnes missed a layup then a dunk to follow up and I started Crying. Dallas is in for a long season, I believe in Rick carlirse sha

hahaha....bad market coming up
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:16am On Aug 10, 2016
joephemzyz:

thanks chief...... grin grin
birdman da o

time never reach na...im sure there will be one this season too. lots of payback to be had angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 7:57am On Aug 10, 2016
birdman:

time never reach na...im sure there will be one this season too. lots of payback to be had angry

I should have won that league. I was the GSW of that league till it got rigged by bringing in an outsider grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2016
birdman:

Na so, skywalker and josh's team gotta pay
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:06am On Aug 12, 2016
Incredible performance from the Naija ballers today. Oguchi made it rain. Really proud despite the loss

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17277001/lebron-james-officially-re-signs-cleveland-cavaliers

Hard to argue against this. Well deserved

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.