Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,885 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630260 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:43am On Aug 12, 2016
Skywalker5:

I should have won that league. I was the GSW of that league till it got rigged by bringing in an outsider grin grin grin grin

muhehehehee....was not my fault o. that was supposed to be A40's spot I swear. Instead, we got a spirit - that guy was scary the first half of the seaon grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2016
A40:
Incredible performance from the Naija ballers today. Oguchi made it rain. Really proud despite the loss

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17277001/lebron-james-officially-re-signs-cleveland-cavaliers

Hard to argue against this. Well deserved

D'tigers only game i watched was their friendly against USA and i can recall Oguchi throwing 3's late 4th quater. credits to him.

For what LeBron did for the city. He deserves it. At least conference finals is so sure for us than Grizzles paying Conley $30M a year
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 12, 2016
This still looks so scary embarassed. The warriors shud have no excuse for winning the NBA championship dis upcoming season.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 12, 2016
A40:
Incredible performance from the Naija ballers today. Oguchi made it rain. Really proud despite the loss

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17277001/lebron-james-officially-re-signs-cleveland-cavaliers

Hard to argue against this. Well deserved

@ emboldened... Same here bruh. I actually expected a beating of a lifetime from spain cos dey hav wat it takes to trash us embarrassingly. But TBH, our guys shud work on their 3 pointers. If we had a good 3 point shooter, we shud av won dat game. IMO sha..
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
Daily Reminder to the Haters. cheesy cheesy grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
lolawilliams:
Daily Reminder to the Haters. cheesy cheesy grin grin
I know only king james and durrant. Cav's victory was a one off event.. Curry and the sixers will be back with a bang next season!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
I know only king james and durrant. Cav's victory was a one off event.. Curry and the sixers will be back with a bang next season!!

Which Sixers abeg? you mean the Warriors?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Roland17:

Which Sixers abeg? you mean the Warriors?
I no go lie, I just dey follow d bandwagon. im not an ardent basketball fan. lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
Curry and the Sixers. grin grin. Has Curry gone to Philly??

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
lolawilliams:

Curry and the Sixers. grin grin. Has Curry gone to Philly??
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
I no go lie, I just dey follow d bandwagon. im not an ardent basketball fan. lipsrsealed

Then why try to sound like a basketball expert?
Re: The NBA Begins by Naijasports: 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
The NBA League (2016/2017) will be live on our platform: http://www.kwallon.com/. Watch out.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:11am On Aug 14, 2016
lolawilliams:

D'tigers only game i watched was their friendly against USA and i can recall Oguchi throwing 3's late 4th quater. credits to him.

For what LeBron did for the city. He deserves it. At least conference finals is so sure for us than Grizzles paying Conley $30M a year
First time he's ever been the highest paid player in the league. Joint highest single year salary tied with M.J. Who also took $33m in 1998
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2016
TRendlona:

@ emboldened... Same here bruh. I actually expected a beating of a lifetime from spain cos dey hav wat it takes to trash us embarrassingly. But TBH, our guys shud work on their 3 pointers. If we had a good 3 point shooter, we shud av won dat game. IMO sha..
We just had no answer for the experience of guys like Gasol. I think we shot well enough. Oguchi and that guy with the headband Akognon shot the 3 ball well. Also a bit of inexperience and naivete was displayed. I recall a play where Alade Aminu made a block and started celebrating not knowing the ball was still in-bounds
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
A40:

We just had no answer for the experience of guys like Gasol. I think we shot well enough. Oguchi and that guy with the headband Akognon shot the 3 ball well. Also a bit of inexperience and naivete was displayed. I recall a play where Alade Aminu made a block and started celebrating not knowing the ball was still in-bounds

lol! i missed pretty much all the games. I did watch the preolympic game vs USA. Even though we lost, big, I was impressed more so by the team play than the scoring. Things are gelling compared to a decade ago, and I think the days of Angola et al being african champs are over. Nigeria is now taking bball much more seriously
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
birdman:

lol! i missed pretty much all the games. I did watch the preolympic game vs USA. Even though we lost, big, I was impressed more so by the team play than the scoring. Things are gelling compared to a decade ago, and I think the days of Angola et al being african champs are over. Nigeria is now taking bball much more seriously
We should be way better than Angola based on our exposure and the players we have scattered round the world. If only we got our act right imagine guys we would have on our team like Iggy, Antetokounmpo, Oladipo, Aminu e.t.c

We would definitely be destroying competition every time
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:59am On Aug 18, 2016
A40:

We should be way better than Angola based on our exposure and the players we have scattered round the world. If only we got our act right imagine guys we would have on our team like Iggy, Antetokounmpo, Oladipo, Aminu e.t.c

We would definitely be destroying competition every time

Iggy would never play for us, he was asked this q some years ago - he in no way shape or form identifies as Nigerian. Nothing wrong with that, just what it is. Like you said, if we get our minds right, I think we should be beating the second level good teams like China regularly
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:26am On Aug 18, 2016
birdman:

Iggy would never play for us, he was asked this q some years ago - he in no way shape or form identifies as Nigerian. Nothing wrong with that, just what it is. Like you said, if we get our minds right, I think we should be beating the second level good teams like China regularly
Can't really blame him. Probably him papa na one of those coupe decale/rolling stone men
If I had a kid I probably won't go out of my way to let him play for Nigeria either tbh
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
A40:

Can't really blame him. Probably him papa na one of those coupe decale/rolling stone men
If I had a kid I probably won't go out of my way to let him play for Nigeria either tbh
I watched the winner against Croatia and the game against Brazil.
the question I have for you and birdman was there any NBA player on our roster?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Yall heard what Lebron said about Jordan? Man is reaching
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
Donlittle:

Even though i appreciate LBJ's honesty, chasing ghosts with hopes to catch one is like hoping to fill a basket with water!!! MJ is alive, and he does a great job staying away from LBJ's personal comparisons because it does not exist.

LBJ would retire as the greatest player of his GENERATION and i think that is kind and logical enough. Anything outside his generation would be asking for too much, i am convinced he understands that.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Roland17:

Even though i appreciate LBJ's honesty, chasing ghosts with hopes to catch one is like hoping to fill a basket with water!!! MJ is alive, and he does a great job staying away from LBJ's personal comparisons because it does not exist.

LBJ would retire as the greatest player of his GENERATION and i think that is kind and logical enough. Anything outside his generation would be asking for too much, i am convinced he understands that.
Talking about his GENERATION, What time frame does is Generation includes?

What ages are you think of? Was Kobe the best of his Generation?
Let the great basketball minds on here analyze, Over to you guys
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Donlittle:

Personally, this argument is an overkill, it has been debated every year on this thread, scroll back (years worth on this thread), and you would bump into pages of insightful arguments laden with data from both sides of the coin.

While this debate would inevitably remain recurrent, because both are alive, and more importantly because one is still active, and still considered the face of the league, it does not the logical conclusion in my perspective.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Aminu and Gbinije (I think). I would add Ike Diogu to that list, even though he is not currently in the NBA, he can play at that level. Im not sure why he never stays long in the NBA

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
Donlittle:

Interesting. I would first say that I think LBJ's generation has passed grin. I dont see him winning another ring in which he is the primary ball handler or offensive weapon. I think last year you could already see he had peaked physically.

LBJ's generation for me is anything from Kwame Brown in 2000 (i pity Jordan for wasting time on this guy, lol) to Brandon Roy entering the league about 2007. Out of Wade, LBJ and Melo drafted in 2k3, I thought Melo would win a ring first, then maybe LBJ. If Detroit hadnt gone stupid, they should have won another ring by drafting Melo instead of Darko cheesy. Other superstars in that time frame:

Dwight- i think the ship of greatness has sailed here
Arenas - e pain me as thids guy take dissappear. fun to watch, talked a lot
ZBo
Amare - o!, if only joe johnson had stayed bwhahaha
Yao - embarassed smh
Dwill
Brandon Roy
Bynum - may the lord deliver us from odaran draft picks grin
CP3
Even P Gasol, even though he was a vet in Europe already.

Based on the above, I would say LBJ bar none. Not just the rings, but the longevity. Gasol and Nowitzki are supermen, when you think of all the supposed superstars that have fallen wayside. Amare cant even hold the ball anymore.. grin

Also, I think the current gen if superstars is Durant, Westbrook, Curry, James Harden, Demarcus Cousisns, Kyrie, and Kawhi. D Rose should be here too...alas embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
Donlittle:

guy needs to talk less. thats how he gets in trouble.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 1:52am On Aug 19, 2016
Donlittle:

some would say so,
but na
Duncan for me.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2016
SIRcumalot:

some would say so,
but na
Duncan for me.

I have to agree. If he had half the attitude or personality Kobe had, he would have been the one drawing comparisons to GOAT

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Gbinije the only guy I know of right now but Diogu, Akognon have played on an NBA roster at some point

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
Donlittle:

I think guys drafted 3 years before or after you on average would count as your generation. Once it gets to 4 or more it kind of loses its objectivity.

I would pick Kobe as the best of his generation. He dominated the game not just with his scoring but with the way he altered defenses and the sheer amount of resources you expended on keeping him under wraps. Forget the Finals sef guys like Tim Duncan and the Spurs would be sitting on like 7 rings if not for a dude like Kobe. Not forgetting playoff classics vs Blazers, Kings

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Naijasports: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: steady986(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.