Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1620543 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
nairamaniac:
Kobe should be flattered for being at number 11. If not for the effect of the greatest coach ever (Phil jackson), he wouldn't have gotten all those rings.
Walai, If lebron had a coaches as good as Phil, or popovich or pat Riley or lenny Wilkins, he surely would have gotten at least 5 rings.
Those are coaches that revolutionised game plays and strategies.
Those coaches were the second most important personalities in their teams, next to the star players.
If u played the game professionally on any level you would understand and interpret easily what these coaches draw on those boards.
Take it or leave it, the coaching crew of the warriors are way above our era of basketball. I'm not a warriors fan. But what we seeing in them today is equivalent to what we saw when Pep Guadiola took over Barcelona in 2008.
Warriors wouldn't have been this good without Steve kerr. He played under 2 of the greatest coached ever.
Actually we should also give credits to Mark Jackson and yes to Steve Kerr and Luke Walton for where we are right now cheesy
And BTW all those plays coaches draw, are carried out by the players also. Is Tyronn Lue proven to be a better coach than Steve Kerr? What happened to Spurs in last playoffs, I thought they had the best coach. cheesy but We can argue that all day. To the ratings if you pins Kobe's greatness on Phil Jackson, what would you be saying about MJ?? Isn't LeBron then the best to ever play the game already? Hope you understand the sarcasm?

Sircumalot, you put LeBron at No.3 and Kobe is lucky to even smell 12th

You guys comparing LeBron and Michael or even so close especially with Lolawilliams always sparking these kinds of conversations just makes it look like a LeBron hate Thread..
I'm done with these kinds of conversations Tbh.. Let's respect these players.. MJ is a god, LeBron is his messenger, Kobe is a retired Messenger and those guys never had the easy road LeBron had (to rings only, don't start with the "he took weak asś Cavs to finals"wink (I give him props for knowing his way to success and I wish I knew my way to success this easily already cheesy) The same ghosts KD is chasing right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
nairamaniac:

He should also get a pass for 2011finals when they faced mavs. The team had no direction and no clear leader as at then. Both himself and dwane wade were just taking turns offensively. Their style was bullshit. When the team submitted the offence to lebron to run thru him, we saw what they did from their second year together?

A40, I thot lebron also led both teams in points, assist and rebounds in 2015 finals against warriors.
Lmao. He gets a pass for a Finals series where he scored in single digits in a game? No clear direction, no clear leader after beating the #1 seed 4-1 in the ECF

Of course we saw what he did. Beating the Spurs barely only to get handed a gentleman sweep the following year.

He lost to a 33 and 34 year old Dirk and JET, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Ginobili were just as old if not older
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
A40:

4 of those Finals were with 2 of the top 5 picks in his draft class in Miami abeg let's not kid ourselves. He gets a pass for 2007 and to a lesser extent when Love went down in 2015.
The leading both teams happened last season and its a remarkable feat tbvh. However we are also talking about someone that could not guard Jason Terry or a Kawhi Leonard in his 3rd year in the league
A30:

How should Kobe be flattered for being at #11? Kobe for me is top 5 to top 8. The Greatest Laker IMO. He was there through the good the bad and the ugly. Also this your Phil Jackson argument na two way street. He also didn't win any rings without Kobe or M.J so their relationship is a largely symbiotic one.
Its unfortunate that a huge chunk of Kobe's prime had Smush Parker, Brian Cook and Kwame Brown in his lineup. We are talking of bums that barely lasted 5 years in the league
This quote has my defense of everything or Anything anyone will be tagging in about this MJ, LeBron, Kobe issue cheesy.
And yes read it after you mention me.. Your answers lie here if you really think about it

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
am done with it too that is why am not actively participating in this renewed one.
I don't know what to say in favour of LBJ that I haven't already said or anything in Kobe favours that I never read for this board or heard in real life.
my original point was that if ESPN is filled with LBJ fan boys what about SI?
you should check foxsports ranking too.
but I no expect you or any other Kobe fan to change anymore than I would.
@SmooshCHN

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
I stil find it difficult to think Kobe is in the top 5, Kobe for me is a good player, He has 5 rings, an mvp award, 81pts, dropped 60 on his retirement night. but I don't think Kobe can ever be the heir to MJ's throne.

Its obvious Kobe shares thr sane resemblance to MJ than LeBron does. but when decide the winner of the LeBron-Kobe argument, we shouldn't wonder who was made more closely in Jordan's mold, we should wonder who broke it. LeBron did that for sure.

With his size, talent, athleticism, and versatility, being a 4-time mvp, he won two rings in heat as an alpha dog. He has proven his all-around abilities in passing, rebounding, defense, and scoring, year after year. he extends himself on the court in ways that are nearly impossible to plan for, treating us to emphatic slams, chase-down blocks(this part go make warriors fans think grin), and stunning passes on a daily basis.

Nairamaniac. I also go with what you said. When you talk about Kobe, you have to talk about Shaq, Phil Jackson and even Jordan's ghost, without these influences, Kobenever becomes Kobe. .. With LeBron's career, we have no illusions about who was in charge. When LeBron came to Miami, LeBron didn't buy into someone else's system.Erik Spoelstra's system was made for him.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
A40:

How should Kobe be flattered for being at #11? Kobe for me is top 5 to top 8. The Greatest Laker IMO. He was there through the good the bad and the ugly. Also this your Phil Jackson argument na two way street. He also didn't win any rings without Kobe or M.J so their relationship is a largely symbiotic one.

Its unfortunate that a huge chunk of Kobe's prime had Smush Parker, Brian Cook and Kwame Brown in his lineup. We are talking of bums that barely lasted 5 years in the league

It's blasphemy to place kobe ahead of Kareem, Shaq and magic. Kareem and Shaq had the most bankable-2points the league had ever seen. Magic is clearly the best point guard ever and he contributed in scoring unlike other great point-guards like John Stockton and Chris Paul.
If Jordan didn't come out of retirement to win 3more titles, the world would have been divided between Jordan and magic johnson.
Please don't say this in L. A.
Magic was something else.
Kobe isn't best even close to being best laker.

Now picture this, like u sed, kobe had poor teammates. During his peak years after Shaq left. But lebron equally had poor team mates in Cleveland when he led them to the finals in 2007. That was just his forth year in the league.
Kobe had been in the league for 9years. And could lead the lakers to playoffs in 2005.
I'm talking bout playoffs and not NBA finals.
Do u think there's any team in the league in the past 15 years that a Shaq or lebron or a Jordan or Kareem wouldn't have led to playoffs?
"Impossible" my brother.

After 2005, we all thot it was just a bad year for kobe. But the next two seasons, he couldn't lead lakers past the phoenix suns in first-rounds. And this was a 10 to 11year old veteran.
After staying 11years in a league, no great player had an excuse not to lead his team beyond the 1st round in a playoff series. Not qualifying for it is unheard of.
Except you are a Tracy macgrady. And that's why he's rated so low in the ranks of greatest players.
If iverson could lead that sixers with Eric snow and Oldman dikembe to best record (top seed) in 2001. I see no reason why kobe can't do half of that.
Iverson went even further to lead them to the nba finals.
I can go on and on and on. Brother, with those weak-ass team mates, kobe should have done much more. Those years should count against him, rather than for-him.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Actually we should also give credits to Mark Jackson and yes to Steve Kerr and Luke Walton for where we are right now cheesy
And BTW all those plays coaches draw, are carried out by the players also. Is Tyronn Lue proven to be a better coach than Steve Kerr? What happened to Spurs in last playoffs, I thought they had the best coach. cheesy but We can argue that all day. To the ratings if you pins Kobe's greatness on Phil Jackson, what would you be saying about MJ?? Isn't LeBron then the best to ever play the game already? Hope you understand the sarcasm?

Sircumalot, you put LeBron at No.3 and Kobe is lucky to even smell 12th

You guys comparing LeBron and Michael or even so close especially with Lolawilliams always sparking these kinds of conversations just makes it look like a LeBron hate Thread..
I'm done with these kinds of conversations Tbh.. Let's respect these players.. MJ is a god, LeBron is his messenger, Kobe is a retired Messenger and those guys never had the easy road LeBron had (to rings only, don't start with the "he took weak asś Cavs to finals"wink (I give him props for knowing his way to success and I wish I knew my way to success this easily already cheesy) The same ghosts KD is chasing right now.

Lool. I know na LeBron hater full this thread. Abeg whose ghost is KD chasing grin. ??
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
A40:

Lmao. He gets a pass for a Finals series where he scored in single digits in a game? No clear direction, no clear leader after beating the #1 seed 4-1 in the ECF

Of course we saw what he did. Beating the Spurs barely only to get handed a gentleman sweep the following year.

He lost to a 33 and 34 year old Dirk and JET, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Ginobili were just as old if not older
In lebron's first year in Miami, he was still being respectful to Dwane wade and to Miami. Never wanted to steal the shine from wade. It was obvious in his plays. He was kinda laid back. Leave stats aside, several analyst saw and sed the same. Lebron was being half of his usual self.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
nairamaniac:

He should also get a pass for 2011finals when they faced mavs. The team had no direction and no clear leader as at then. Both himself and dwane wade were just taking turns offensively. Their style was bullshit. When the team submitted the offence to lebron to run thru him, we saw what they did from their second year together?

A40, I thot lebron also led both teams in points, assist and rebounds in 2015 finals against warriors. Or did he do it in like 3 major categories, bar-rebounds?
he should get a pass for 2011? You are obviously a LeBron fan boy. Your dude average like 5 points in the fourth quarter during that finals and went cold through out. So the team had no direction that was why he could l not put points up?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2016

what's the purpose of having a conversation with someone on basketball if they type this nonsense?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
nairamaniac:

In lebron's first year in Miami, he was still being respectful to Dwane wade and to Miami. Never wanted to steal the shine from wade. It was obvious in his plays. He was kinda laid back. Leave stats aside, several analyst saw and sed the same. Lebron was being half of his usual self.
are you going to give KD a pass if they get to the finals and he gets laid back, whatever the hell that is and they lose?

Freaking hypocritical statements men. Dude lost to 37 or is it 38 year old Timmy, got shutdown by a third or fourth year player in the league, lost to the dallas mavs with a 34 year old leading that team, but we should keep giving him a pass?

Why don't you just delete all his losses from NBA records and Google so we can say LeBron is 3-0.

Do you give golden state a pass since bogut went down, iguodala was barely himself, and draymond gets suspended?

You know what, let's give kobe a pass too for his two NBA losses.

While we are also at it, KD should get a pass since he lost in the finals when he was very young.

We should also give Charles Barkley and Stockton and everybody a pass since they all faced a GOD in Jordan.

Mr Pass.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
Donlittle:
he should get a pass for 2011? You are obviously a LeBron fan boy. Your dude average like 5 points in the fourth quarter during that finals and went cold through out. So the team had no direction that was why he could l not put points up?
You would use 1finals out of 4 in one team to judge and assess his legacy he left in that team.
No matter how bad he was that finals, he clearly made up for it in the next 3 finals.
U are an anti-Lebron fan-Boy.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
nairamaniac:

You would use 1finals out of 4 in one team to judge and assess his legacy he left in that team.
No matter how bad he was that finals, he clearly made up for it in the next 3 finals.
U are an anti-Lebron fan-Boy.
he lost to the spurs though, don't understand how he made it up in the next 3 finals.

Lost to Timmy, Parker, and ginobili, after their how many year in the league, then he lost to the golden state again. So no bro, I am not judging him from one finals. Judging him from all four.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
Golden state losses the next finals and we give them a pass too because the team is not coherent yet.
Whatever analogy we want to use for LeBron losses, we will use it on other players too.

Sebi Na pass?
Oshi Oda ni le Pako.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
nairamaniac:

He should also get a pass for 2011finals when they faced mavs.

Bro...You just lost me with the highlighted statement.

Why should Bron be given a pass!!!! The fact anyone considers making excuses for the self acclaimed greatest is a weakness that can not be found around MJ's dictionary.

If you have forgotten, let me remind you the Heats, led by Lebron ridiculed Dirk when he fell sick during the series, and of course the German demi-god blazed them single-handedly...They trolled him of his dressing and his style of play, so no..

While the argument about Jordan v Lebron may be justified, it does not mean he is even close to catching the ghost.

“My motivation,” James says, “is this ghost I’m chasing. The ghost played in Chicago.”

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
So I wonder who we are giving league pass again this year.
Since we gotta dash niggaz passes after they lose.
Is NBA league pass free too?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
Niggas make me sick with their statements bro, I'm about to break my phone. We should give a grown nigga a pass for losing 4 finals.

I am sick. Seun, how do I deactivate my account?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
Donlittle:
are you going to give KD a pass if they get to the finals and he gets laid back, whatever the hell that is and they lose?

Freaking hypocritical statements men. Dude lost to 37 or is it 38 year old Timmy, got shutdown by a third or fourth year player in the league, lost to the dallas mavs with a 34 year old leading that team, but we should keep giving him a pass?

Why don't you just delete all his losses from NBA records and Google so we can say LeBron is 3-0.

Do you give golden state a pass since bogut went down, iguodala was barely himself, and draymond gets suspended?

You know what, let's give love a pass too for his two NBA losses.

While we are also at it, KD should get a pass since he lost in the finals when he was very young.

We should also give Charles Barkley and Stockton and everybody a pass since they all faced a GOD in Jordan.

Mr Pass.

Okay noted, lebron flopped in that finals. Maybe I just didn't expect too much from him that year. I saw loads of games that season.
I wasn't just convinced Miami would win the title prior to the finals. They hadnt jellied and it seemed like lebron was deliberately sharing the offence with wade.

Thank God he made up for it in several other finals.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
Tonight seems like its gonna be a dull one on-court. Not soo interesting match ups.
Anyone has an interesting pick? angry
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
Roland17:

Bro...You just lost me with the highlighted statement.

Why should Bron be given a pass!!!! The fact anyone considers making excuses for the self acclaimed greatest is a weakness that can not be found around MJ's dictionary.

If you have forgotten, let me remind you the Heats, led by Lebron ridiculed Dirk when he fell sick during the series, and of course the German demi-god blazed them single-handedly...They trolled him of his dressing and his style of play, so no..

While the argument about Jordan v Lebron may be justified, it does not mean he is even close to catching the ghost.

“My motivation,” James says, “is this ghost I’m chasing. The ghost played in Chicago.”
If you follow my posts you would clearly see I put lebron no where near Jordan. It's just personal opinion of his first year I'm Miami. I didn't think they had jelled.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hahahahahaha.. This donlittle done finish me this night cheesy cheesy NBA league pass is not free oo.. That shît is expensive.. Lolawilliams Please give Warriors Free Pass on the 3-1 loss, Klay hurt his feelings, Draymond couldn't stop kicking, Steph wasn't 100%, Iggy back wasn't OK and Bogut was out...
I forgot, Harrison Barnes sold us for $94M..

And Lolawilliams, I swear I do not hate LeBron but you people over praise him like if you had the chance you'll place him above MJ. That's my only complaint.

I saw Josh Smith this weekend.. I couldn't take a picture with him, my heart is still hurting.. What can I do?? embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Donlittle:

This past weekend (Friday 9-12) NBA league pass was completely free ohhhh. I watched a lot of basketball.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
Donlittle:
So I wonder who we are giving league pass again this year.
Since we gotta dash niggaz passes after they lose.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Donlittle:
he lost to the spurs though, don't understand how he made it up in the next 3 finals.

Lost to Timmy, Parker, and ginobili, after their how many year in the league, then he lost to the golden state again. So no bro, I am not judging him from one finals. Judging him from all four.
From all 4? U are wicked. He lost his two best players prior to 2015finals. Both Dwane wade and bosh were finished 2014. They both couldn't even make the playoffs without lebron the following year.
No vex, iv accepted my mistake for 2011. Yes, he flopped. I just didn't put the entire blame on him.
I think I remember those last 3games they lost to dallas, miami's scoring was going thru Dwane Wade more than it was thru Lebron.

But please leave 14 and 15 finals out of this.

And mind you, I'm not making excuses for lebron in order to place him at par with Jordan. They r not mates.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
I can't believe this league pass of a thing is being taken so serious with some comments, am even seeing memes. Cmon guys.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy Now we're all on the same page or almost
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
SmooshCHN:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Now we're all on the same page or almost
what page is that?
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
SIRcumalot:

what page is that?
Page 381 grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
nairamaniac:
Page 381 grin
very clever.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
nairamaniac:

What do you mean by being respectful to Wade and Miami? I'm not understanding. Someone that finished 2nd in MVP voting and 'notable analysts' swore he was being denied a 3rd straight MVP on purpose.

Wouldn't Wade have put aside hurt feelings to win another ring? At least it was abundantly clear from the regular season and earlier rounds who the best player was
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
lolawilliams:
I can't believe this league pass of a thing is being taken so serious with some comments, am even seeing memes. Cmon guys.

Lola, i was not trolling when i said the NBA league pass was free this past weekend (Friday 9th-12th Sunday) on Xfinity.
Re: The NBA Begins by SagePAUL(m): 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
cry all this basketball talk, I'm soo happy, I love bball like madt, please if there is a whatsapp group add me 08185734449
I'm bulls(east) and clippers (west). Bulls is my major team tho. Fav player is Cp3.

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (2204) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Honlucas and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.