Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,435 members, 7,846,792 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard (3232 Views)

Guys, Can You Marry This Pretty Lady In Order To Gain USA Greencard??? / Did My Nigerian Husband Marry Me For Love, Greencard, Or Both? / Two Marriages And Still No Greencard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
freecocoa:

How far you na? Shebi you no fit wish me merry xmas upon say I put your name for my list,anyways hope say you enjoy your xmas?
eh na merry xmas i wish u nah cheesy cheesy cheesy
i for visit ur area jor only say i be jus dey fear make dem no kidnap me based on the fact say i jus dey return for abroad.How una landlady and dat native dog wey dey too like to chop sh1t and rubbish for una backyard?.Hope say dem dey fine ooooo wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
anyway a thousand merry xmas and million happy happy new yr to u oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2011
claremont:

I don't believe there is any proof that many Nigerians are corrupt.

lol.  grin

there has actually been a "scientific" study to prove it.
let me go dig it out.
brb
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Repubocrat(m): 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2011
seedord247:

broo especially in south Chicago, Englewood to be precise. tongue lipsrsealed grin

Yea, Englewood is a bad neighborhood but I doubt that has anything to do with the corrupt practices of Nigerians.

What I was trying to get at is that Nigeria, as a country, is relatively corrupt. It's hard get things done over there without having to cut corners in some way. A survey was done a couple ago that concluded that Nigeria tops the ranks as one of the countries where it's incredibly difficult to conduct business. Some of these practices have become second-nature to us and many of us have been desensitized, so we can't even identify it.

I'm presently in the recruitment process for job in Nigeria, and I'm quite elated that I might actually get this job solely on merit as opposed to having connections. But guess what? This company had to outsource a phase of their recruitment process to a recruiting firm that have absolutely no affiliation with Nigeria, so that peasants like us can stand a chance against the others with all the connections one can imagine.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2011
MrJB does mm2 and Nigerian leaders represent "most Nigerians"? Prostitution is an ageold business especially where poverty rate is high so how can u use like 2% of a population to judge
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

^^

pass welfare level = scam naive women.

got'cha wink cool
my dear jamo princess make u know say na those lazy igbo boys with their cheap okrika jeans na dem dey scam old women and not real hardworking bobos like us wink.By the way how much these scammers dey make sef in their business? grin
The best dem fit get be say their grandmama oyibo or blk american girlfriend for america go send dem one pair of jeans,one timberland T-shirt,two pairs of allstars sneakers with hundred dollars grin and dem go use am start to dey pose dey tell everybody say dem don hammer grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by seedord247(m): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2011
Repubocrat:

Yea, Englewood is a bad neighborhood but I doubt that has anything to do with the corrupt practices of Nigerians.

What I was trying to get at is that Nigeria, as a country, is relatively corrupt. It's hard get things done over there without having to cut corners in some way. A survey was done a couple ago that concluded that Nigeria tops the ranks as one of the countries where it's incredibly difficult to conduct business. Some of these practices have become second-nature to us and many of us have been desensitized to even identify it.

I'm presently in the recruitment process for job in Nigeria, and I'm quite elated that I might actually get this job solely on merit as opposed to having connections. But guess what? This company had to outsource a phase of their recruitment process to a recruiting firm that have absolutely no affiliation with Nigeria, so that peasants like us can stand a chance against the others with all the connections one can imagine.

Broo i do agree with you. It's in our blood. even all those pple ranting here have access to get those post they'll behave like a Hungry Goat.

You should plead with them that the 1st three month of your salary will be share with them (30-70). i'm telling you with 100% guaranty that they will offer you that Job.

That's Nigeria for you . . . No matter the Circumstances i can never use left hand to describe my lovely country. tongue lipsrsealed

If you are not smart in Nigeria . . you can never be smart till anti christ Come.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2011
andromida:

MrJB does mm2 and Nigerian leaders represent "most Nigerians"?

I think so.
if we put random NL members in govt positions. they will do no better than d current leaders we have right now.
it's part of our culture.

Why Is Everybody Afraid Of Buhari's Presidency
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2011
andromida:

MrJB does mm2 and Nigerian leaders represent "most Nigerians"? Prostitution is an ageold business especially where poverty rate is high so how can u use like 2% of a population to judge

sista, if most people in high places are lazy greedy thieves then what does it say about the people that elected them? or are we so stoopid that we cannot find a good person to govern the country? yet all of these bastards thieves are billionaires in looted money. . . . . . . and the new thief in charge doesnt really care about that because he has some thieving of his own to do.

as i say, these are the people you should START to look at to understand where we stand. this IS 9ja, whether you think it is just a coincidence, or not. we have to stop fooling ourselves and accept the facts at hand. if you want to continue living in a dream thinking that the country is the way it is, because of anything else than its people, then you best WAKE UP!
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by freecocoa(f): 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
lefulefu:

eh na merry xmas i wish u nah cheesy cheesy cheesy
i for visit your area jor only say i be jus dey fear make dem no kidnap me based on the fact say i jus dey return for abroad.How una landlady and dat native dog wey dey too like to chop sh1t and rubbish for una backyard?.Hope say dem dey fine ooooo wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
anyway a thousand merry xmas and million happy happy new yr to u oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
 grin grin Yeye fowl,abeg leave me I no fit laugh,thanks for the wish.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
lefulefu:

my dear jamo princess make u know say na those lazy igbo boys with their cheap okrika jeans na dem dey scam old women and not real hardworking bobos like us wink.By the way how much these scammers dey make sef in their business? grin
The best dem fit get be say their grandmama oyibo or blk american girlfriend for america go send dem one pair of jeans,one timberland T-shirt,two pairs of allstars sneakers with hundred dollars grin and dem go use am start to dey pose dey tell everybody say dem don hammer grin grin grin grin grin grin

lol!!!  grin  grin  grin  grin

"bobo", you know a little too much about how those "igbo boys" get their 'scam on'  tongue just saying.  lipsrsealed
so how do you receive your $200.00 for your internet fees? money gram or western union? lipsrsealed grin
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by claremont(m): 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2011
[b]I am the least patriotic Nigerian you can ever find, but I like to call a spade what it really is. There is no objective proof that most Nigerians are lazy and corrupt, the conclusion of Transparency International was based on official corruption i.e. corruption within government agencies in Nigeria; even at that, we still cannot extrapolate that conclusion for MOST Nigerians. If most Nigerians are lazy and corrupt, then how come all the Nigerians I meet where I live/work/play are the exact opposite?! Moreover, this issue of Internet scams is not exclusive to Nigeria, it happens all over the world.

We need to get rid of the erroneous mentality that corruption is a part of the Nigerian culture, because it's absolutely not. Corruption may be a virus that has a tendency to infect those who get to positions of authority in Nigeria, but it is not endemic to Nigeria/Nigerians. I totally agree that the problems of Nigeria are caused by Nigerians, but that still doesn't prove in any way, shape, or form, that most Nigerians are lazy and corrupt. Anyone who makes that kind of statement has his/her whole argument still in front of him/her.[/b]
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
^we are a corrupt people.
just accept the fact. grin
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by claremont(m): 9:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
Jenifa_:

^we are a corrupt people.
just accept the fact.  grin

Let's assume that all the Nigerians I meet around where I live/work/play are lazy and corrupt, it still doesn't prove anything. It still doesn't prove that most Nigerians are lazy and corrupt. You guys who make that kind of huge assertion still have your whole argument in front of you.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2011
u r living in denial bros
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Repubocrat(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2011
claremont:

Let's assume that all the Nigerians I meet around where I live/work/play are lazy and corrupt, it still doesn't prove anything. It still doesn't prove that most Nigerians are lazy and corrupt. You guys who make that kind of huge assertion still have your whole argument in front of you.

Think about it this way: Most people in Nigeria aren't unemployed but many are, and that's bad enough.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
bro claremont
again, thats my point of view. . . . . . . and as much as there are many who aint Lazy (or have that frame of mind), i MBJ believe that MOST/THE MAJORITYi in 9ja are lazy dreaming about get rich quick schemes or miracles in order to achieve anything in life (rather than hardwork), and the country is ridden with corruption in most (if not all) areas of life. . . . . . .  therefore it is of NO SURPRISE to me that some will continue that lazy trend abroad.  these are only MBJ's views oh!!!!

i certainly dont have to meet them all to have such beliefs, if i did then i could simply tell you the exact same thing:" have you met all Nigerians to know that most aint lazy?!" come on now! if i meet a 1000s Nigerians and 900 are lazy begging individuals then i have ALL THE RIGHTS to have such views, whether i have met them all or not.

but hey, the day the number is 50/50 (or better) then i will probably think like you do.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by claremont(m): 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2011
Repubocrat:

Think about it this way: Most people in Nigeria aren't unemployed but many are, and that's bad enough.
MRbrownJAY:

bro claremont
again, thats my point of view. . . . . . . and as much as there are many who aint Lazy (or have that frame of mind), i MBJ believe that MOST/THE MAJORITYi in 9ja are lazy dreaming about get rich quick schemes or miracles in order to achieve anything in life (rather than hardwork), and the country is ridden with corruption in most (if not all) areas of life. . . . . . .  therefore it is of NO SURPRISE to me that some will continue that lazy trend abroad.  these are only MBJ's views oh!!!!

i certainly dont have to meet them all to have such beliefs, if i did then i could simply tell you the exact same thing:" have you met all Nigerians to know that most aint lazy?!" come on now! if i meet a 1000s Nigerians and 900 are lazy begging individuals then i have ALL THE RIGHTS to have such views, whether i have met them all or not.

but hey, the day the number is 50/50 (or better) then i will probably think like you do.
Do you believe that MOST Muslims are terrorists/potential terrorists?

Do you believe that MOST African-Americans and/or Black British are potential r-apists, thieves, and drug dealers?

Do you believe that MOST white people are honest and hard-working?

If your answer to the afore-mentioned is No, then I rest my case here.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2011
@Claremont
why are you trying to paint it black or white for EVERYBODY?  these are the views I have because of what i have EXPERIENCED, not some he say she say after 1 or 2 encounters. so:
A) i have never met a terrorist therefore i cannot make any judgments on these people. the only thing i know about them is what the media is willing to feed me. how will i know who is (or not) a terrorist?
B)  NO, the majority of AA/BB i have met were not convicted ra.pists or drug dealers.
C) YES, the majority of whites i have met were hard working and honest.

but here are other facts for you:
- the majority of BRITS i have met enjoy drinking beer OR going to the pubs.
- the majority of AA i have met, think very highly of the US of A, with usual talks of: "we have the biggest this and that"
- the majority of tourists going to France believe that French are arrogant because they never reply in English although most understand English. lol
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
claremont:

Do you believe that MOST Muslims are terrorists/potential terrorists?
Do you believe that MOST African-Americans and/or Black British are potential r-apists, thieves, and drug dealers?
Do you believe that MOST white people are honest and hard-working?
If your answer to the afore-mentioned is No, then I rest my case here.

1. terrorist acts committed on the precept of religion tend to be muslim. If you see a bunch of muslim men from arab countries. be careful not to desecrate the name of their GOD. otherwise, you will be surprised how much the stereotype holds true.
     (most terrorist acts are without religious label however ex. the US bombs other nations in the name of "democracy" and "Peace". lol not in the name of "Jesus"wink

2. african-americans are more potentially socially disruptive than other races in america. yes. all statistics point to this. from prison rates to drop-out rates to marriage rates etc.

3.  white people are above average. but if you said Chinese people for hardwork then I will say yes, that's more likely.

I know these are stereotypes but they are borne out of kernels of truth.
and besides, it is what the stereotypes are used for that's important.
there is nothing wrong with acknowledging stereotypes for the purpose of self-improvement.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by markethquk(m): 11:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
Nigeria is a corrupt and failed society, everyone is out for themselves alone hence our brothers would do anything for papers. Our sisters have been using their bodies in return for money in 9ja tay tay so i dont blame the brothers too. at the end of the day none of us here would want to associate ourselves with a loser like the yoruba adage says that the child that brings money home is the one that the mother would praise. The society is just getting worse and worse but no need to worry too much about situations that's absolutely out of human control . Some say its poverty others blame it on society, parenting and so on. I would tell you we need divine intervention and the solution lies with GOD. just try to do your own little best with your own family that way you can do more in the long run.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 27, 2011
But one thing wey i know for sure be say white americans love to have s3x with horses and goats.Make u go texas and see the number of cowboys for there wey dey rape their horse for inside their barn.This is why i say i no go ever get anything to do with a white american woman shocked.Man i prefer a european woman to a wht american cool.By the way i read for paper about one guy wey get married to im goat for one church for Oklahoma and im come wear the goat wedding gown grin grin.Americans dey really kolo grin grin grin
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 27, 2011
Jenifa_:

1. terrorist acts committed on the precept of religion tend to be muslim. If you see a bunch of muslim men from arab countries. be careful not to desecrate the name of their GOD. otherwise, you will be surprised how much the stereotype holds true.
(most terrorist acts are without religious label however ex. the US bombs other nations in the name of "democracy" and "Peace". lol not in the name of "Jesus"wink

The US bomb other nations in the name of the holy crusade and that is why na only muslim nations dem dey bomb.Remember during bush junior regime im say he wan wage a holy crusade across the middle east and make im christian brothers join am for the war.Anyway sha make dem bomb yeye of these muslims and even sef i go support america make dem still bomb yeye out of these boko haram ppl for north.the only time i go vex with america na if dem start to dey attack traditonal worshippers sad
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 12:45am On Dec 27, 2011
^ which kain holy crusade.
abeg americans don't know God jare. it's a secular country.

Europe is worst though.
at least America has many christian immigrants. otherwise. . .
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 27, 2011
jenifa oooooo make u open ur eye wide ooo.americans no dey take the christian religion joke oooo.ehn u suppose even know say many of the nigerian pastors the swag wey dem get na frm american pastors dem copy am from.for example pastor chris the way wey im dey talk na frm benny hinn im copy the syyle and even the way of dressing sef.americans are very religious ooo even though dem dey do small bad grin
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 1:21am On Dec 27, 2011
maybe the americans wey dey live for south. me, I dey north.
na only old oyinbo (70 yr olds and above) dey go church for where I live. the rest no no God.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 27, 2011
I am not talking abt corruption, I am talking abt generalizing Most Nigerians as lazy. That is not true anyday, anytime.I live in Nigeria, I hardly see lazy people, I see people who do what it takes to survive and aside from crime and corruption and prostitution, I mean anything it takes to survive. They still earn peanuts and are hopeful so I beg to disagree we are not lazy people.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 2:36am On Dec 27, 2011
andromida:

I am not talking abt corruption, I am talking abt generalizing Most Nigerians as lazy. That is not true anyday, anytime.I live in Nigeria, I hardly see lazy people, I see people who do what it takes to survive and aside from crime and corruption and prostitution, I mean anything it takes to survive. They still earn peanuts and are hopeful so I beg to disagree we are not lazy people.

what Mrbrownjay means by "lazy" is that they don't want to work for the extravagant lifestyle they crave.
I agree lazy is not the right word. but you get the point.

MrBrownJay:

lets be honest: most Nigerians ARE lazy (want the good life without working for it) and many ARE corrupt!
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 27, 2011
Corruption in Nigeria is a fact and we Nigerians have to deal with it everyday. What is not a fact is that most Nigerians are lazy.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 2:42am On Dec 27, 2011
lol. you seem to have taken a very strong offense to Nigerians being called Lazy.
I agree we are not lazy. but we chose to steal than to work.
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by MrsChima1(f): 2:44am On Dec 27, 2011
LMAO@Swallu stopped talking since MBJ's first response  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL@people should be more concern with being violated in America than shot at!   grin grin grin grin grin grin

CNN is the poo!   grin grin grin grin
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 27, 2011
@jenifa what % choose to steal rather than wrk?
Re: Just How Much Insults Are U Ready To Tke From Ur American Wife because Of Greencard by Jenifa1: 3:08am On Dec 27, 2011
andromida:

@jenifa what % choose to steal rather than wrk?

I won't look at it as percentage but rather probability of committing that crime when placed in a situation as compared to people of other nationalities.
ie as a cultural phenomenon

there was a study done where they brought in many ambassadors from all parts of the world and told them that it's a crime to park without permit. but because they are ambassadors, they waive the penalty for the officials.
nigerian ambassadors and some others from countries with high corruption parked without permit.
for countries with low levels of corruption their ambassadors CHOSE not to park without permit even though they could.
officials from low corruption countries respected the law even though they were above it!

which nigerian will do such? won't that person be called a mugu?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys, Do You Find It Offensive When Your Woman Tell You She Doesn't Need You? / When On The Wedding Night The Guy Is Still A Virgin While The Wife Is Not / My Girlfriend Gets Sad Over Every Little Thing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.