Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? (9820 Views)

Qualities Of A Gentleman (Most Ladies View) / Ladies, What Is Your Description Of A Gentleman / Nigerian Guy & A White Woman's Nikkai Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by tellwisdom: 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
A MUGU happens to be a gentle man to these gurls #I swarrrrrrrrrrrrrr angry angry
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2011
He is a man with social manners and grace.

Rudebwoy:

THERE IS NO GENTLEMAN. A gentleman is someone whose social ills have not been discovered. Now tell me, who doesn't have a social ill? We all have social ills, so there's no gentleman.

^^ and every so often this may happen
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by tellwisdom: 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2011
madsdarkskin, can i be your MUGU?? so u call me a gentle man embarassed embarassed

Honestly i just need someone to call me a gentle man angry angry
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by kulutempa: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2011
talina:

He is a man with social manners and grace.

What about in the bedroom.  Should he also take off and fold his clothes like a gentleman, or pounce like a tiger?   I reckon most women faced with a choice would choose the latter.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by andy1(m): 1:17am On Dec 31, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

A gentleman is a man who recognizes his strength and weaknesses. He understands himself and treats others the way he wants to be treated - GOOD. He is not perfect mind you - but he is upstanding. He shows respect to ALL indiscriminately but is no nonsense. He is not about playing games or using people because he is an "up front guy". Humble, caring and true to himself - all from the HEART. That's a gentlemen.  cool
lolz see preaching! Darkskin wen u kum turn pastor nah?, lolzz, missd ya'll o,,,,,wat abt BABE?
dadicvila:

For Nigerian girls a gentleman is a guy they can insult left right and centre or even slap and he keeps mute lyk an Ode, na so 1 wan take me play for my fb page today,i show her shege

*singing*, i no be gentleman at all oOO grin grin
lwkmd, boiz d harsh o!!, dix nairaland no go kill pexin o, roflmao.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 31, 2011
andy1:

lolz see preaching! Darkskin wen u kum turn pastor nah?, lolzz, missd ya'll o,,,,,wat abt BABE?

shocked shocked Abomination!! angry
I'm not a preacher. I am a PASTOR!! There's a difference!! wink
How are you doing though? smiley

tellwisdom:

madsdarkskin, can i be your MUGU?? so u call me a gentle man embarassed embarassed

Honestly i just need someone to call me a gentle man angry angry

I don't know about MINE but as far as 'mugu', you are. . .free to be what your heart desires! cheesy grin
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 31, 2011
kulutempa:

What about in the bedroom.  Should he also take off and fold his clothes like a gentleman, or pounce like a tiger?   I reckon most women faced with a choice would choose the latter.

Like I said,SOCIAL manners and grace cheesy
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by MarcAnthon(m): 2:03am On Dec 31, 2011
I guess it is apt to ask the age-old question again: Do girls really want gentlemen or is it all talk? Seems to the badt guys fare better with the ladies generally.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by doeeyed: 2:30am On Dec 31, 2011
Principled, Upstanding, courteous,enlightened, great composure.
Knows how to treat a woman good.

It takes a gentlewoman, a lady not a tramp, to appreciate a gentleman.
Yes to the question, women like g'men if they are cut from the same cloth; all about compatibility isn't it

Pull open the doors, pull out the chair, take your coat off and have a quick whiff of his nice tasteful aftershave.
Let the 'evening' begin.  cool
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by AreaFada2: 7:14am On Dec 31, 2011
The gentleman thing doesn't cut it these days.

Modern women are way too suspicious , agressive and competitive to appreciate any gentlemanly behaviour. Women are much less lady-like today.

Only very few women (mostly elderly ones) ever say "thank you" when you hold door open for them and let them go first.

These days I generally behave extra gentlemanly to elderly ladies and civil to others.
Most younger ones don't deserve any overly gentlemanly thingy (except Mrs of course).

Being a gentleman today is about maintaining the standard of behaviour that I would expect from others and I won't let it be defined by what women think.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by kulutempa: 8:12am On Dec 31, 2011
Speaking of Gentlemen I recently heard a joke that if a Nigerian man opens the car door for a woman, it's because there is something wrong with the door.

Happy New Year. Be good to each other.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Mr9ndhalf: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2011
kulutempa:

Speaking of Gentlemen I recently heard a joke that if a Nigerian man opens the car door for a woman, it's because there is something wrong with the door.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by sniperwolf(m): 10:11am On Dec 31, 2011
You can't be gentle with win the heart of a Nigerian girl. There is no gentleman in the dictionary of a Nigerian girl. Anyway a gentleman is that person that allows his action to do the talking while he looks silently.
NB: When you hurt someone and he smiles in return, know that you are in for a bigger shhiit
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by legba1(m): 10:53am On Dec 31, 2011
a gentleman to an average naija girl/woman is a mumu,a maga.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by andy1(m): 10:57am On Dec 31, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

shocked shocked Abomination!!  angry
I'm not a preacher. I am a PASTOR!! There's a difference!!  wink
How are you doing though?  smiley

then i wan be ur member o, lolz, am ok dearie missd ya'll alot o,,,have u seen BABE arnd lately?
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by doeeyed: 11:14am On Dec 31, 2011
I did mention that it takes a lady to recognise a g'man, no use casting ur pearls before swine.

Mugu or maga, a g'man will be seen as one and respected as one.

How many times have we heard pple being described as the perfect g'men years or decades later.
It's a nice aroma that transcends time.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by dokkyelele(f): 11:45am On Dec 31, 2011
A gentleman is a VIRGIN or someone on the lmpotent side of life. Trust me I knw what am talkin abt. U can ask the girls,
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by tellwisdom: 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2011
I don't know about MINE but as far as 'mugu', you are. . .free to be what your heart desires cheesy grin

Seriously, i want to be buying you toys/g-strings and fine bras undecided undecided
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by promire2004(f): 1:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
IMO,what makes a guy a gentleman is his charisma and d way he comports himself. Been considerate, good-natured, courteous, polite well-mannered, less talkative, soft-spoken, neat, approachable, benevolent are also attributes dat can make a guy a gentleman. Unfortunately, we don't have more of gentlemen in 9ja these days. Most guys eyes just dey shook!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by andy1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2011
promire2004:

IMO,what makes a guy a gentleman is his charisma and d way he comports himself. Been considerate, good-natured, courteous, polite well-mannered, less talkative, soft-spoken, neat, approachable, benevolent are also attributes dat can make a guy a gentleman. Unfortunately, we don't have more of gentlemen in 9ja these days. Most guys eyes just dey shook!
on point jor!!, infact i luff u wit all my **art jawe, grin grin
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by kaboninc(m): 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

A gentleman is a man who recognizes his strength and weaknesses. He understands himself and treats others the way he wants to be treated - GOOD. He is not perfect mind you - but he is upstanding. He shows respect to ALL indiscriminately but is no nonsense. He is not about playing games or using people because he is an "up front guy". Humble, caring and true to himself - all from the HEART. That's a gentlemen.  cool
Thats MOI!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2011
A gentle man is a fool.
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by tellwisdom: 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2011

Hmmmmm, u must have dated almost all the guys in your HOOD/OFFICE/SCHOOL to have come to this conclusion
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by promire2004(f): 9:57pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Tellwisdom, well, u just made a very hasty assumption. Nw,a gentleman won't act d way u did. I don't nid 2 date every1 around my environment 2 knw who's a gentleman and who's not. I ain't a groupie. But, do i expect u 2 believe me? Hell nooooo, u cud just kip your assumptions 2 urself. Who cares?
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by promire2004(f): 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2011
andy1:

on point jor!!, infact i luff u wit all my **art jawe,  grin grin
lol, tanx jare, no be only *luff*. Very funny!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by Beync(f): 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2011
Think of a man who does not involve in fights/nags but
knows how to defend himself thru other means.
Think of a man who treats both men and women right.
Think of a man with high moral character
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by tellwisdom: 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Tellwisdom, well, u just made a very hasty assumption. Nw,a gentleman won't act d way u did. I don't nid 2 date every1 around my environment 2 knw who's a gentleman and who's not. I ain't a groupie. But, do i expect u 2 believe me? Hell nooooo, u cud just kip your assumptions 2 urself. Who cares?

Have you lost ya mind??

In your statement----->
Most guys eyes just dey shook!. How did you come to this conclusion if not from experience undecided undecided
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by promire2004(f): 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2011
tellwisdom:

Have you lost ya mind??

In your statement----->
Most guys eyes just dey shook!. How did you come to this conclusion if not from experience undecided undecided
nah, i haven't lost my mind @ all. I'm sane and very sound. Well, lemme get sth straight across 2 ya. I'm a very realistic person though most ladies shy away 4rm simple facts. There are so many wolves in sheep clothing these days. Very few guys have genuine intentions 4 ladies. I don't nid 2 convince u on dis cos ur impression bout me doesn't count!
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by tellwisdom: 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2011
nah, i haven't lost my mind @ all. I'm sane and very sound. Well, lemme get sth straight across 2 ya. I'm a very realistic person though most ladies shy away 4rm simple facts. There are so many wolves in sheep clothing these days. Very few guys have genuine intentions 4 ladies. I don't nid 2 convince u on dis cos your impression bout me doesn't count!

Do you realize im one kind of a good and romantic guy any woman wld want to go for? #Roger dat wink tongue
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by promire2004(f): 1:26am On Jan 01, 2012
tellwisdom:

Do you realize im one kind of a good and romantic guy any woman wld want to go for? #Roger dat wink                                                                                 tongue
d last msg i sent b4 nw was in 2011. Welcome 2 2012. Hapi new yr,
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by tellwisdom: 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2012
cheersssssss wink wink. Any kiss fr me? undecided undecided
Re: What Do You Think Makes A Guy A Gentleman? by obataala(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2012
A gentleman is someone wit the gift of love,love for humanity & patience, two most important qualities. Thoughtfulness for other,slow to anger,a peacemaker. Shows high sense of common decency.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Halfrica Eyaf Now Marries After She Waited Long / How Igbo Guys Toast Girls (PHOTO) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.