Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,839 members, 7,824,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! (118070 Views)

Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by martina7: 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
Hi
There are more Africans in Geneva and other france discussing aspect of Swiss, perhaps the labor regulations are a little bit comfortable there I don't know for sure.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by redcliff: 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
please Justwise, why are you hidding my comments? what wrong did it do?
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2013
redcliff: please Justwise, why are you hidding my comments? what wrong did it do?

We encourage people to ask their questions openly here so that others will benefit from the answer given.

2 Likes

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
And we are not even allowed to give each other email address The private messages thing does not work with me. I switched back to the address I registered with but I still don't have anything in my mailbox. And I have no idea how to contact a moderator to fix this. So I can't receive any private message which is annoying.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
miss-sweety86:
And we are not even allowed to give each other email address The private messages thing does not work with me. I switched back to the address I registered with but I still don't have anything in my mailbox. And I have no idea how to contact a moderator to fix this. So I can't receive any private message which is annoying.

If you want to exchange emails with each other then do it in appropriate section https://www.nairaland.com/dating
and lets leave this thread strictly for what it was started for.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
@miss-sweety86,
glad to finally see you online. Referred redcliff to you this morning when we were talking. reproduced below is the question he asked:

"That was fast. Can you remember me? I asked you a coupl of questions last year concerning studying in switzerland. Due to time I guess, those info are obscure to me right now. Particulary, I want to know about the statement of account I'm supposed to tender to the embassy as I got my appointment dat for the 24th of may so I'm making preparations to come over there. How did yours work out for you?"

I thought you should be working with the Abuja embassy now (like you stated earlier in the thread) and should have more accurate and up-to-date info than I do.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 29, 2013
No, I'm sorry I'll be working at the embassy only from September. Plus I'm not going to deal with any way with the consular section, so I'm not able to "professionally" assist you for your visa. However I can tell you that the statement of account must show that you have enough fundings to cover for your entire stay in Switzerland, If you have a sponsor (parents, other family members, etc) you must submit their bank statement and maybe they have to state somewhere that they will be sponsoring you. If you have a scholarship don't forget to mention it.
Best of luck
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 29, 2013
justwise:

If you want to exchange emails with each other then do it in appropriate section https://www.nairaland.com/dating

I don't want to exchange email address for dating purposes but only because the private messages are not working!!!! It's not my fault is it's not working but I'm the first one to be annoyed by it!!!
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 6:32am On Apr 29, 2013
miss-sweety86:

I don't want to exchange email address for dating purposes but only because the private messages are not working!!!! It's not my fault is it's not working but I'm the first one to be annoyed by it!!!

Exactly! if its not for dating purposes then i don't see any reason why people can not ask their questions here and preferred going private.

When you answer people's questions here others in need of such info will also benefit.

1 Like

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 29, 2013
justwise:

Exactly! if its not for dating purposes then i don't see any reason why people can not ask their questions here and preferred going private.

When you answer people's questions here others in need of such info will also benefit.
I think the private message was designed in such a way to contact each other privately and many people have been using it. I guess she gets alert of having new PM, i presume you tell her how it works since it's part of nairaland system.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2013
Demaejy:
I think the private message was designed in such a way to contact each other privately and many people have been using it. I guess she gets alert of having new PM, i presume you tell her how it works since it's part of nairaland system.

The email system does not work always, i'm having the same prob as well as other people. She has made her complain about it before and another Mod responded to her complain.

I'm not against people contacting others privately but i just can't stand it when people start dropping contact details for private 'advice' while they can easily ask the same question here. The questions and answers here help the sharing idea of this forum.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by redcliff: 7:42am On Apr 29, 2013
justwise:

I believed you to be a cerebal individual, however, this comment of your just debunked that. Smh.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 7:58am On Apr 29, 2013
redcliff:

I believed you to be a cerebal individual, however, this comment of your just debunked that. Smh.

I have to admit that your ability to understand that post is very limited, so i forgive you.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 29, 2013
justwise:

The email system does not work always, i'm having the same prob as well as other people. She has made her complain about it before and another Mod responded to her complain.

I'm not against people contacting others privately but i just can't stand it when people start dropping contact details for private 'advice' while they can easily ask the same question here. The questions and answers here help the sharing idea of this forum.
Alright. Yes, people should learn how to share information publicly so others can benefit from it.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2013
Demaejy:
Alright. Yes, people should learn how to share information publicly so others can benefit from it.

That is exactly my point all along, as long as its about traveling then lets have the questions and answers open here.

Its selfish when people benefit from other people's questions and answers but take theirs offline and when they have prob they run back here asking for advice.

1 Like

Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by redcliff: 9:16am On Apr 29, 2013
justwise:

I have to admit that your ability to understand that post is very limited, so i forgive you.

[size=14pt]lol. i wont go back and forth with you. i don't have your time. please don't derail the thread. Thank you sir.[/size]
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by redcliff: 9:23am On Apr 29, 2013
miss-sweety86:
No, I'm sorry I'll be working at the embassy only from September. Plus I'm not going to deal with any way with the consular section, so I'm not able to "professionally" assist you for your visa. However I can tell you that the statement of account must show that you have enough fundings to cover for your entire stay in Switzerland, If you have a sponsor (parents, other family members, etc) you must submit their bank statement and maybe they have to state somewhere that they will be sponsoring you. If you have a scholarship don't forget to mention it.
Best of luck

No, no scholarship. Besides, the pertinent question i would like to know is that would i have to pay my fees before applying as my school iterated that the would be sending me an invoice for payment of fees at the start of the semester.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 9:37am On Apr 29, 2013
redcliff:

No, no scholarship. Besides, the pertinent question i would like to know is that would i have to pay my fees before applying as my school iterated that the would be sending me an invoice for payment of fees at the start of the semester.

redcliff:

[size=14pt]lol. i wont go back and forth with you. i don't have your time. please don't derail the thread. Thank you sir.[/size]
[quote author=redcliff]

You are just full of nonsense and people like you irritates me, selfish and self centeredness. only interested in taking but hate contributing, this is why i hide every post containing contact details.

What is secret about your above question that need to be discussed in private?
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 29, 2013
Yes someone has replied to my complaint but it is still not working.
I don't care to answer here or via private messages but I can understand some ppl don't want to ask in public so they should have that possibility
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by redcliff: 11:52am On Apr 29, 2013
miss-sweety86:
I don't care to answer here or via private messages but I can understand some ppl don't want to ask in public so they should have that possibility

[size=14pt]okay, please would you respond you my questions here? thanks.[/size]
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by justwise(m): 11:55am On Apr 29, 2013
miss-sweety86:

....and i see those people as selfish and should not be getting any advice free here.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]okay, please would you respond you my questions here? thanks.[/size]

I already replied to your question! it's not because I'm Swiss that I know EVERYTHING about visa! I've never applied for a visa for Switzerland neither Schengen visa! If you have more questions you should give a call to the embassy because I can't answer that kind of specific questions.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by redcliff: 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
miss-sweety86:

I already replied to your question! it's not because I'm Swiss that I know EVERYTHING about visa! I've never applied for a visa for Switzerland neither Schengen visa! If you have more questions you should give a call to the embassy because I can't answer that kind of specific questions.

[size=14pt]That felt harsh, you did not have to reply if you did not want to. Thanks all the same.[/size]
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
redcliff:

[size=14pt]That felt harsh, you did not have to reply if you did not want to. Thanks all the same.[/size]

It's not that I didn't want to answer, but I had already answered you and I couldn't assist you more. That's all! I like to help people and I think I'm already nice because I reply fast, but you can't exect me to know everything and to do the research by myself. Like I said, it's obvious that I don't know everything about Swiss visas because I am Swiss!
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by jay3012: 11:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dis redcliff is too self centered...here he is bugging misssweety to ansa his question..yet I asked him sumfin on dis thread nd he didn't reply
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 1:19pm On May 01, 2013
@ Redcliff

Like I said in the PMs, the best thing you can do is to call the embassy as whatever information we (myself, miss-sweety86, e.t.c)give is not 'binding' and should not be taken as 'official'. The thread is just for the purpose of informing.
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 01, 2013
Santino1: @ Redcliff

Like I said in the PMs, the best thing you can do is to call the embassy as whatever information we (myself, miss-sweety86, e.t.c)give is not 'binding' and should not be taken as 'official'. The thread is just for the purpose of informing.

yeah, that's normal that we don't know everything! plus it really depends on the case
Re: Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! by Santino1(m): 2:57pm On May 01, 2013
were you able to meet up with the guy that planned to come to Geneva?

BTW, thought you've resumed your embassy job due to your prolonged absence. hope you've been alright though?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.