Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide (13401 Views)

INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election / Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers / Gov. Uduaghan Commissions 100 Buses To Boost Transportation In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by linsa01(m): 6:01pm On Jan 04, 2012
Na him family the bus go carry.

How many BRT do we have in Lagos that cannot even cover all the routes. Another evidence that we have a dundi, ode, dindinrin, oponu + amukunmeko as president. Nonsense!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by linsa01(m): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2012

How many BRT do we have in Lagos that cannot even cover all the routes. Another evidence that we have a dundi, ode, dindinrin, oponu + amukunmeko as president. Nonsense!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by linsa01(m): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2012

Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Mcleo007(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
This man is a huge joke. Will the buses run a different fuel pricing?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by obowunmi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2012
blacksta:

2012 is my year of break through - I hope to get contract to supply 160 Million Umbrellas to protect my people from Sun light rays whilst TREKKING

AHAHAHAHAHAH!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by philip0906(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2012
blacksta:

LOl  - did you not do maths at school - The buses will work round the clock .

Each bus will carrry at least 98750 passengers  - how the passengers are loaded is another debate for a seperate thread
u owe me one gallon of fuel 4 making me laff so hard  grin grin grin
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by mxxpunkxx: 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
blacksta:

2012 is my year of break through - I hope to get contract to supply 160 Million Umbrellas to protect my people from Sun light rays whilst TREKKING

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by isquar3d3(m): 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2012
1600 buses @ 10million each gives 16billion and @5million each gves 8billion! Is our government sick? Y r u planning on saving money frm subsidy if u plan on spending so much on buses dat each states CLEARLY do nt need! Evn wit our bloody transport system in Lasgidi here, evrybody stil dey reach house evryday.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by raeez(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2012
ow many generators is he goin 2 buy
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by kizito96(m): 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
That is not the solution. Vision-less leader
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Odunnu: 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
Proudly Nigerian!

Just check out how you guys have turned this into a joke. Only in naija!!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by logica(m): 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2012
Odunnu:

Proudly Nigerian!

Just check out how you guys have turned this into a joke. Only in naija!!
How do you turn a joke into a joke?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by thekrafter(m): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2012
But some of you are very stupid o! You spend 24 hours in bus abi?
This is a good first step. We want more.
There should be no fuel subsidy for the middle class!!! If you have a car, no fuel subsidy for you! Shikena!!  angry
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by philip0906(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
logica:

How do you turn a joke into a joke?
help me ask d madam. . .
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by manny4life(m): 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
thekrafter:

But some of you are very silly o! You spend 24 hours in bus abi?
This is a good first step. We want more.
There should be no fuel subsidy for the middle class!!! If you have a car, no fuel subsidy for you! Shikena!!  angry

You're the master chief of all the silly folks you talk about. Who spends 24hrs of their day on the bus?  shocked shocked shocked shocked

Good step in what direction? 1600 buses that will carry how many people? Is the ride for free? Will the bus run on special urine or subsidized or unsubsidized fuel? Which is it? How much will people pay for an average ride before the subsidy was removed? In addition to that, is FUEL used only in buses? How about other purposes?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by honeric01(m): 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
43 BUSES FOR LAGOS? THIS MAN SHOULD BE MADE TO WRITE NACO, SSCE AND GCE AGAIN, he's such a failure in all ramification. ALIMOSHO LGA ALONE NEEDS MORE THAN 43 BUSES, NOT TO TALK OF A WHOLE LAGOS!

WE HAVE MORE THAN 2,000 BRT AND LAGBUS BUSES WITH MORE THAN 10,000 DANFOS, YET THE BUSTOP IS ALWAYS FILLED WITH PEOPLE LOOKING FOR BUSES.

IS HE GOING TO BUY GEN FOR US TOO?

FUEL OUR GEN TOO?

INFACT THIS MAN IS A SHAME TO NIGERIAN PHD HOLDERS, OOOOOHHHHH, HE'S A SHAME TO SSCE CERT HOLDERS TOO angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
Small, small result perhaps Nigerians should go on nation wide protest more often. cheesy
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2012
Manny dear dont mind the FOOOOOL
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by cold(m): 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
Maq una dey cuss.The man is already covered by the precious blood of Adeboye 

Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by thekrafter(m): 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2012
manny4life:

You're the master chief of all the silly folks you talk about. Who spends 24hrs of their day on the bus?  shocked shocked shocked shocked

Good step in what direction? 1600 buses that will carry how many people? Is the ride for free? Will the bus run on special urine or subsidized or unsubsidized fuel? Which is it? How much will people pay for an average ride before the subsidy was removed? In addition to that, is FUEL used only in buses? How about other purposes?

Do YOU know the answers to these questions?
If the bus carries people for free or at a similar cost to previous methods of transportation will you shut your mouth then?  angry
If the government is supplying the buses to alleviate the pain of subsidy removal, does it not stand to reason that they will not be as expensive as current methods of transport? Abi you want Nigeria to subsidize your weekend runs in your car?! Or subsidize your watching Big Brother on DSTV? FOUL!!
The poorest will get help from the government. Lazy people like you who want goodies for free can go and die!!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by goldng: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2012
Mr President is this the solution to the problem? , I don't think so.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by UyiIredia(m): 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2012
Olodo Rabato Iyoyo Iyoyo !
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by afrobaby(f): 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
sharing of subsidy, wetin 1600 buses go do, dis leaders are really senseless
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by manny4life(m): 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2012
thekrafter:

If the bus carries people for free or at a similar cost to previous methods of transportation will you shut your mouth then?  angry
If the government is supplying the buses to alleviate the pain of subsidy removal, does it not stand to reason that they will not be as expensive as current methods of transport? Abi you want Nigeria to subsidize your weekend runs in your car?! Or subsidize your watching Big Brother on DSTV? FOUL!!
The poorest will get help from the government. Lazy people like you who want goodies for free can go and die!!

I'm am asking you "This is a good first step. We want more" because you seem to loose sight of what's at stake.

Please wake up from that sleep that has drained your ability to think correctly. Even if it was for free (though this is unlikely the case), what will 1,600 buses do to a population like Lagos with 15millon + residents where more than 50% use public transportation? Keep in mind this is ONLY Lagos, the other 35 states including Abuja isn't included, so NO how can that make me and others shut our mouth?

My friend, think with the brain God gave you and I; here yourself out, alleviate the problems arising from fuel subsidy? When was the last time that a Govt run program was successful? Isn't this the basic foundation of all the chaos going on now? Govt cannot maintain three refineries to sustain Nigerian peoples consumption, then it's a fleet of 1,600 NATIONWIDE is what govt wants to implement AND maintain? Isn't there a greater probability that these buses will sooner or later phase out sooner than people imagine and the "POOR FOLKS" are left in the dark, Brother OPEN YOUR EYES.

By his grace I'm not lazy, I advocate for what is RIGHT. Fortunately for me I don't have family or friends back in Nigeria but I still feel pains for people affected by this, I know when WMATA increased $0.50 in my daily trip to work every morning doesn't look good to me though I know it's for a good purpose but in Nigeria, reverse is the case ---- LOOTING. I'm ANGRY and PISSED at people like you that can be bought easily "[b]This is a good first step. We want more, [/b]like seriously? HOLD YOUR GOVT ACCOUNTABLE and not that nonsense. When President fixes refineries to accommodate Nigerian consumption, then you can take it off.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Rhino5dm: 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
Welcome to the world of the dafties president. The most fooolish to ever occupy Aso Rock.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by thekrafter(m): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2012
I disagree. In my opinion the protests are for the wrong thing. We should be protesting against the government and holding them accountable for past and present corruption, not against the removal of fuel subsidy.

manny4life:

I'm am asking you "This is a good first step. We want more" because you seem to loose sight of what's at stake.

Please wake up from that sleep that has drained your ability to think correctly. Even if it was for free (though this is unlikely the case), what will 1,600 buses do to a population like Lagos with 15millon + residents where more than 50% use public transportation? Keep in mind this is ONLY Lagos, the other 35 states including Abuja isn't included, so NO how can that make me and others shut our mouth?

My friend, think with the brain God gave you and I; here yourself out, alleviate the problems arising from fuel subsidy? When was the last time that a Govt run program was successful? Isn't this the basic foundation of all the chaos going on now? Govt cannot maintain three refineries to sustain Nigerian peoples consumption, then it's a fleet of 1,600 NATIONWIDE is what govt wants to implement AND maintain? Isn't there a greater probability that these buses will sooner or later phase out sooner than people imagine and the "POOR FOLKS" are left in the dark, Brother OPEN YOUR EYES.

So the government cannot run a 1600-bus transport scheme but they can run a fuel subsidy? GTFOH.

manny4life:

By his grace I'm not lazy, I advocate for what is RIGHT. Fortunately for me I don't have family or friends back in Nigeria but I still feel pains for people affected by this, I know when WMATA increased $0.50 in my daily trip to work every morning doesn't look good to me though I know it's for a good purpose but in Nigeria, reverse is the case ---- LOOTING. I'm ANGRY and PISSED at people like you that can be bought easily "[b]This is a good first step. We want more, [/b]like seriously? HOLD YOUR GOVT ACCOUNTABLE and not that nonsense. When President fixes refineries to accommodate Nigerian consumption, then you can take it off.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call YOU lazy. I'm just characterizing many of the middle class folks who are up in arms about the wrong thing.
Yes we need to fix corruption, but this fuel subsidy needs to go. We can't keep subsidizing people who don't need it. If you own a private car in Nigeria, you shouldn't be subsidized. If you can't afford the new rates, get your car off the road. There are 1600 buses waiting.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by texazzpete(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
thekrafter:

Look at this stupid freeloader. Why do you and your fellow re'tards mouth this same 'for free' mantra? Do you think we do not pay taxes? Dolt!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by logica(m): 7:17pm On Jan 04, 2012
I don't know why dummies keep talking as if petrol is only used to power automobiles. So how about generators? Let me preempt and say, I should get solar panels right? How much power can solar panels generate? Yet PHCN might not provide power for up to 3 days?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by thekrafter(m): 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
texazzpete:

Look at this silly freeloader. Why do you and your fellow re'tards mouth this same 'for free' mantra? Do you think we do not pay taxes? Dolt!

Heehee. So your taxes that should go to build hospitals, roads, schools, etc. should go to buying fuel? *shakes head* Only in Nigeria.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by manny4life(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2012
thekrafter:

I disagree. In my opinion the protests are for the wrong thing. We should be protesting against the government and holding them accountable for past and present corruption, not against the removal of fuel subsidy.

So the government cannot run a 1600-bus transport scheme but they can run a fuel subsidy? GTFOH.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call YOU lazy. I'm just characterizing many of the middle class folks who are up in arms about the wrong thing.
Yes we need to fix corruption, but this fuel subsidy needs to go. We can't keep subsidizing people who don't need it. If you own a private car in Nigeria, you shouldn't be subsidized. If you can't afford the new rates, get your car off the road. There are 1600 buses waiting.

What subsidy did they manage? When you manage, don't you keep tabs/reports etc on what you manage? They managed subsidy yet the paid more than 4x than the previous year, what kind of management is that? My friend that is not management but LOOTING avenue, if they want management, they should focus their lens on the three refineries. Besides, the bus scheme should be done on state level and govt can subsidize on the state level rather than running a federal scheme program THAT WILL NOT WORK.

The govt is lazy to go to work, the subisdy should be given directly to consumers and not through marketers who bring in fuel. The IRS practices the same scheme through the DOT if you want to know how I mean I can explain.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by thekrafter(m): 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2012
logica:

I don't know why dummies keep talking as if petrol is only used to power automobiles. So how about generators? Let me preempt and say, I should get solar panels right? How much power can solar panels generate? Yet PHCN might not provide power for up to 3 days?
Very good. Shebi we could buy generator and fuel it before? Now we know that privately generated power is too expensive, we will hold the government to do the right thing. Countless billions have been spent on the power industry to no avail. But we were all complacent, after all we had our small IPMN generators.
NOW IS THE TIME TO HOLD THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE. We need to protest, not to remove the fuel subsidy but to cut their benefits, to demand accountability for past billions misspent. For 4k's sake, some people need to go to jail!!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by 2mch(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2012
Nigerian's have suffered. This is slavery mentality. So we should ride bus that was bought by money where they claimed there was none. While GEJ and the rest of his dumb advisers fill their tanks and spend the inflated subsidy. No way! GEJ, NASS, Ministers and co. must accept minimum wage for 2012.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President / Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters / Abiola’s Family Demands Presidential Entitlements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.