Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,981 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister (13561 Views)

DPR Issues 21 Licences For New Refineries- The National Mirror / More Shocking Corruption Reports Coming - Says Govt / EFCC Drops N6bn Fraud Charges Against Ex-works Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by vanstanzy(m): 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
angryNOISY ASS! PDP BROOD OF VIPERS! angry
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Beaf: 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2012
Until the subsidy is dead and buried, nobody will build refineries in Nigeria, because it does not make economic sense to sell at a loss. Also, until the subsidies are gone, the current refineries will keep getting sabotaged each time they are fixed, so that the "owners of Nigeria" can import fuel. Therefore, the govt is left with a chicken and egg situation of what comes first and they surely cannot waaste money fixing the very same refineries that were fixed last year, only for them to mysteriously go unproductive again.

Fighting the subsidy removal is like fighting yourself. The very same people fighting it today will be the ones asking why the Excess Crude Account is depleting and why we are borrowing. The answer is simple, we borrow to buy fuel and our states do not generate any money for the FG, so each year, the FG's disposable funds get leaner. Its simple as ABC, Nigeria is about to crash for good.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by OAM4J: 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2012
^In other words the Government is weak and want the people to suffer for its ineptitude undecided
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by AjanleKoko: 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
Look at the way the promises are coming fast and furious, all of a sudden.
In the last 48 hours, the entire manifesto of the GEJ government has been rewritten many times over. What's coming next, aircraft to ferry poor Nigerians to their places of work? SMH jare.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Beaf: 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
OAM4J:

^In other words the Government is weak and want the people to suffer for its ineptitude undecided

That is a mentally lazy conclusion to reach about what I wrote.

I will ask you a simple question; if you are given the option to fight corruption in the Nigeria police force or to make a totally fresh start and build a brand new police force, which would you choose and why? The system we are talking about is very similar to the police force, only much more powerful.

Lets start from your reply.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Finland(m): 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

Until the subsidy is dead and buried, nobody will build refineries in Nigeria, because it does not make economic sense to sell at a loss. Also, until the subsidies are gone, the current refineries will keep getting sabotaged each time they are fixed, so that the "owners of Nigeria" can import fuel. Therefore, the govt is left with a chicken and egg situation of what comes first and they surely cannot waaste money fixing the very same refineries that were fixed last year, only for them to mysteriously go unproductive again.

Fighting the subsidy removal is like fighting yourself. The very same people fighting it today will be the ones asking why the Excess Crude Account is depleting and why we are borrowing. The answer is simple, we borrow to buy fuel and our states do not generate any money for the FG, so each year, the FG's disposable funds get leaner. Its simple as ABC, Nigeria is about to crash for good.
So the masses should suffer for Government's inefficiency? He has names, he knows the companies. Why not prosecute? WHY? Are you brain washed? why do we have laws when it can't work for us. This guy, You are either brain damaged or foolish from birth! grin
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
@OAM4J

OAM4J:

^In other words the Government is weak and want the people to suffer for its ineptitude  undecided
Its a simple analogy. Make your assertions and note that the Governors have security votes but pocket all without any security inputs and the Military/Security apparatus has been well-funded. Its not GEJ that will man the borders. The "owners of Nigeria" usually make those security officials offers they can not refuse. The best solution is stop subsidy !
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by AjanleKoko: 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

@OAM4J
Its a simple analogy. Make your assertions and note that the Governors have security votes but pocket all without any security inputs and the Military/Security apparatus has been well-funded. Its not GEJ that will man the borders. The "owners of Nigeria" usually make those security officials offers they can not refuse. The best solution is stop subsidy !

The solution to every single problem facing Nigeria now is to stop subsidy.
You guys and your GEJ sha. Anyway, enjoy your 4 years.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2012
Finland:

So the masses should suffer for Government's inefficiency? He has names, he knows the companies. Why not prosecute? WHY? Are you brain washed? why do we have laws when it can't work for us. This guy, You are either brain damaged or foolish from birth! grin
Why dont you ask yourself why the House of Reps voted against the prosecution of the petroleum players ? These things are bigger than you know, GEJ is very courageous to remove this subsidy and needs our support to see it through.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Beaf: 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
Finland:

So, after 51 years you suddenly realise that you are suffering from govts inefficiencies? Bravo!
Can I ask what changed so much that it brought this sudden realisation? Is it really out of a "born to rule" syndrome or something equally sinister.

We see through your type, bro.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by rabzy01: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
, For every economy to grow, d
govt of d
country takes tough, austere and
sometimes
suicidal measures that will serve
for good in d
long run. Before they slam d
'adjustment
hammer' on d citizens, they start
with
themselves. David cameron cut
govt expenditure, wages and
other allowances of
govt officials (they don't even fly
business
class anymore). Barak Obama did d
same
thing. Other countries that are
going thru
tough reforms (Portugal, Greece,
Italy) start
their reforms with govt! David
Bonaventure Alechenu Mark
(senate
president) earns a whooping
N600M in
salaries and allowances a year! We
did not
include kickbacks and others. The
salaries of
David cameron and barrack
obama put
together will not reach that of
David Mark. And if that is what
david mark earns, what will
GEJ earn?
Nigeria has 109 senators, 360
house of rep
members, over 800 state house of
assembly
members, 774 local govt chairmen,
over 8000
ward councillors!!!! Not including d
36 state governors and their
entourage of
commissioners and SA's, SSA's, PA's,
SPA's,
This nonsense must stop!! And it
must stop
now. The economy belongs to us all
and if we
want to fix it, we must all bear d
pains- and
bear it equally! We can no longer
fold our hands and watch
'educated illiterates' enslave us,
our children
and our unborn children.
For subsidy to exist, govt
expenditure must
reduce by 70%!!!,
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by AmeboAjela(f): 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
Dont TALK! instead of talking slash you salaries in half cos you dont need all that money. Prosecute corrupt officials and thieves like Bankole and co, collect all these money and viola you have the money to build. Then start building it and stop Talking cos you thieves talk dam too much.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Finland(m): 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

@OAM4J
This is more reason the subsidy should not be removed because there is no guarantee that the money will still not end up in the wrong hands. Since GEJ can not monitor anything. Nigerians will go in pains for nothing then
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

So, after 51 years you suddenly realise that you are suffering from govts inefficiencies? Bravo!
Can I ask what changed so much that it brought this sudden realisation? Is it really out of a "born to rule" syndrome or something equally sinister.

My brother, I tire for this matter o. Jonathan has just been there officially for about 7 months and they expected instant fix for a failure of several decades of bad leaders
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by kny(m): 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2012
Av read several post of late as regards d issue of fuel subsidy removal of late and have noticed how Nigerians are passionate about it and the strong urge to occupy Nigeria,

I am looking forward to seeing practical demonstration of this tomorrow and av compile a list of all strong advocate of subsidy removal that it will do them a lot of good by coming out tomorrow and practically post pictures of them participating in the so call protest.

It shouldn't be by mouth alone,

And less i forget the Presidential spokesman has just said the house motion is purely advisory, which in the real sense is exactly has he said.

I hope the veil will be removed from our eyes and see Nigeria as  it is.

strongly for the deregulation,
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Finland(m): 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

It was said that when you chase a goat to the wall, it will turn back and fight you but when you chase a Nigerian to the wall, he makes a hole in the wall and JUMP OUT! and that is why our Government don't take us serious.Now STORY HAS CHANGED WE WILL FIGHT TO THE END!!!! No to subsidy removal!! NO to Corruption!!! No to a wasteful Government.
You might ask yourself what Libya was doing for over 40 years before they whoop Ghaddafi's A S S
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
Finland:

This is more reason the subsidy should not be removed because there is no guarantee that the money will still not end up in the wrong hands. Since GEJ can not monitor anything. Nigerians will go in pains for nothing then
What more guarantee do you want ? Have you heard of SURE ? Have you not witnessed the deliver of over 1000 Busses today ? Have you not heard that 3 Refineries are about to be constructed within the year ?
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Parnassuss(m): 10:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
what about the so called green refinery? wat about the ultimatum GEJ gave Allison Madueke to have the refineries working? GEJ should just bow out
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Ekiti1: 11:00pm On Jan 08, 2012
"Believe this and you will believe anything"
-
James Hadley chase
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by SamIkenna: 11:00pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf, Onlytruth, and Shangothor, I have seen that you guys have an undying passion for a true and secular Nigeria and I can tell you guys  have realized that secular and free Nigeria will never be in this life. Now, my question is - what do we do? I used "we" because I'm really tired of nursing a 50 year old baby that has absolutely no prospect of survival neither does it want to live to begin with. I have my own ans to the question above but before I give my own ans I would like to say that after reading many posts here there is one thing I noticed and that is - people from southern Nigeria and MB are sick of what is happening in Nigeria.

Given this Southern/MB solidarity in opinion, I think we all should see ourselves as brothers and then work to liberate what I call the "New Nigeria." Please I want you guys to know that this idea was first posted on nairaland by Shangothor lest no one arrogate it to me eventhough I have believed in it even before visiting nairaland. With the above in mind the following below are my own ans or if you may, steps to freedom.

1. We should start a movement online to liberate the secular part of Nigeria which happens to be "lower Nigeria" from this certain destruction that awaits it.

2. This movement shall include all freedom loving ethnic groups and they all must be recognized as equals irrespective of numerical strength, also each ethnic group must be regarded as independent, independent in the sense that they have all the right under the sun to choose their path after we have broken lose from Nigeria.

3. This movement will be responsible for aggressive online campain that will seek all available platform to lure our youths and convince our olds. (while this sounds like a brainwashing cult, lets realize that as long our belief is widespread in our zones its just a matter of time before our message takes center stage. besides if Boko haram, alqueda, and other militant sects, even as unwise and devious as they are have members and somewhat huge support in their domain I don't see why we cant pull off this noble cause).

4. We must not ANTAGONIZE the Muslims amongst us in any shape or form after all southern Muslims have never done any evil and should be respected.

5. All the freedom and secular loving NLers should be sweet-talked into dropping their hate for eachother and understand that its better to be allies in this noble cause than to be bickering, and on this note I say lets convince CYberg, Ezeuche, Sheguy, PointB, Jason123, Ileke-Idi, Ekt_bear etc to see the need using this unfortunate rare opportunity that Boko Haram has given us to create a massive movement that will save and secure our children's future.

6. This movement shall make it a duty to have some form of reconciliation b/w Yoruba and Igbo. Yes, its true we Igbos feel bad about the role of Awo but there were also Yorubas that fought on our side and there were Igbos that fought on the side of Nigeria therefore we should 4give and make up. The same thing applies to Ijaw even though I can say Igbos and Ijaws have gotten along pretty well for some time now. To cut the long story short, we should move closer to eachother to enable healing for the sake of our children.

7. This movement should use Nairaland for a start and when we secure reasonable number of members we then should lunch a site that caters for our cause without any political correctness.

8. I know its going to take time, believe me it will but lets see this the way Awo, Zik, and A. bello saw colonialism and attacked it head-on until they achieved our phantom independence. Like I said earlier, if alqueda and boko haram are successful in creating this ugly monster that is ravaging us today I dont see why we shouldn't be able to create a movement that will not only counter it but will insulate us from their virus.

9. Most importantly, please lets not forget that the division of Igbo and Yoruba was and still is an effective tool that "they" have milked and milked and woe betide us if we help core north milk it any further. Its time to say enough is enough and profess our admiration for each other. Igbo is not the devil neither is Yoruba betrayer, coward etc rather I would say Yoruba can be calm and positively cunning, Yes I said it and guess what - heaven has not fallen neither has Igbo lost its glory. The import is that there is absolutely nothing wrong in admiring the positive attribute of ur neighbor even if its an enemy. Infact I believe it makes one strong to be able to see the good quality in ones neighbor.

Finally, I want to say that what I wrote above can not in any shape or form be said to represent or cover the rules or ideas that should govern this movement, in fact lets just say the author of this piece is bereft of rule making and therefore can not lay claim of formulating any rules however, the author believes there is a rare opening for a movement in which Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Isoko, Efik, Ibibio, Igala, Berom etc will, for the sake of their children's future, abandon their agelong bickering and forge a common front geared towards liberating the more secular "Lower Nigeria."

Now for Igbo/yoruba/Efik/Ijaw/Isoko/Berom haters this is for you
Pls, lets pause for a second and ask ourselves what are we getting from Nigeria, is it better to ans giant of Africa while in real sense we are the joke of Africa? Is it better to have a bigger Nigeria and yet live in fear of travelling around your country or have a smaller country and be safe? please don't buy into the garbage of having a bigger country that will protect you incase of invasion, the truth is Nigeria couldn't protect bakassi people so what makes us think they will protect us. Besides who is invading us to begin with, is it Niger? Benin republic? Ghana? I know that OPC can defeat those armies so who then wants to invade us? I guess its America, Russia, or China - well News Flash - those countries will defeat us anyway so whats the point having a bigger Nigeria.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Beaf: 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2012
AmeboAjela:

Dont TALK! instead of talking slash you salaries in half cos you dont need all that money. Prosecute corrupt officials and thieves like Bankole and co, collect all these money and viola you have the money to build. Then start building it and stop Talking cos you thieves talk dam too much.

I believe Bankole is headed for jail. He has lost every case he brought to stop the trial, his goose is cooked.

Nice blog by the way. wink
You should investigate Bankole.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by OAM4J: 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

That is a mentally lazy conclusion to reach from what I wrote.

I will ask you a simple question; if you are given the option to fight corruption in the Nigeria police force or to make a totally fresh start and build a brand new force, which would you choose and why?

I will have to consider the implication cost of disbanding the old one to build a new one. Using your analogy, I guess you prefer the people should suffer while building a new force, good as that might sound, there is a burden of trust also on this government, how can i trust a government that cannot deal with a problem with the existing force to handle problems that might come with the new force?

I am not in support of retaining subsidy, but I want the palliatives to be put in place before the removal of the subsidy simply because I do not trust this government to keep its promise judging from past experiences. I want a case where the government repairs the existing refineries, build new ones and then privatize. Also put the buses on road, complete the repairs of the railways lines and cut down the cost of government before removing the subsidy so we don't keep having pains with no gains.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Beaf: 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2012
Finland:

It was said that when you chase a goat to the wall, it will turn back and fight you but when you chase a Nigerian to the wall, he makes a hole in the wall and JUMP OUT! and that is why our Government don't take us serious.Now STORY HAS CHANGED WE WILL FIGHT TO THE END!!!! No to subsidy removal!! NO to Corruption!!! No to a wasteful Government.
You might ask yourself what Libya was doing for over 40 years before they whoop Ghaddafi's A S S

Demonstrating against the subsidy removal is a waste of time and amounts to fighting yourself and your kids futures. Save your sweat, bro.
I support going out tomorrow to rally against corruption, waste in govt, for the PIB, true federalism and other issues that make sense.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Finland(m): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

What more guarantee do you want ? Have you heard of SURE ? Have you not witnessed the deliver of over 1000 Busses today ? Have you not heard that 3 Refineries are about to be constructed within the year ?
grin grin grin grin. You believe those?  grin then you will believe anything. Why are all these SURE and co  being introduced after the announcement of subsidy removal? why not before? They didn't have any plan but came up with a makeshift plan when Nigerians made Life unbearable for them.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Beaf: 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2012
@Sam_Ikenna
Thanks for that sound post. I advise that you save it and then create a thread after the demo's, because then many will be interested in Nigeria's national architecture.
Thanks for the kind words.

God bless.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Finland(m): 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

Demonstrating against the subsidy removal is a waste of time and amounts to fighting yourself and your kids futures. Save your sweat, bro.
I support going out tomorrow to rally against corruption, waste in govt, for the PIB, true federalism and other issues that make sense.
Beaf, Please tell me why you always evade the question about prosecution. Some people have pocketed billions of Naira that belongs to Nigerians and all the government wanna do is take off subsidy and they walk free? Why are they not investigating these at all?This Government is a fraud!!
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Alebros: 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2012
Lets not campaign for these oil cabals eating our money in the name of oil subsidy.We should see this issue as an opportunity to demand from the government a removal of their own subsidies which they call allowances.Occupy nigeria should be a fight against inflated allowances and not subsidy removal.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Beaf: 11:15pm On Jan 08, 2012
OAM4J:

I will have to consider the implication cost of disbanding the old one to build a new one. Using your analogy, I guess you prefer the people should suffer while building a new force, good as that might sound, there is a burden of trust also on this government, how can i trust a government that cannot deal with a problem with the existing force to handle problems that might come with the new force?

I am not in support of retaining subsidy, but I want the palliatives to be put in place before the removal of the subsidy simply because I do not trust this government to keep its promise judging from past experiences. I want a case where the government repairs the existing refineries, build new ones and then privatize. Also put the buses on road, complete the repairs of the railways lines and cut down the cost of government before removing the subsidy so we don't keep having pains with no gains.

I am sorry, but you neatly dodged my question, which is about the realities on the ground. My instincts are that your position is biased, hence you do not wish to come out with a clear answer. The whole "trust" thing sounds a lot like apartheid, so please leave it aside and provide a concrete reply to my question, so that we can have a totally open discussion.

Beaf:

That is a mentally lazy conclusion to reach about what I wrote.

I will ask you a simple question; if you are given the option to fight corruption in the Nigeria police force or to make a totally fresh start and build a brand new police force, which would you choose and why? The system we are talking about is very similar to the police force, only much more powerful.

Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Finland(m): 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2012
Alebros:

Lets not campaign for these oil cabals eating our money in the name of oil subsidy.We should see this issue as an opportunity to demand from the government a removal of their own subsidies which they call allowances.Occupy nigeria should be a fight against inflated allowances and not subsidy removal.
I wonder how you want a mother that lives in oshodi and works in V.I who earns 18,000 naira a month with children pay for house rent and feeding when the cost of transportation a month is 15,000 naira.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by reagand200(m): 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
Nigeria is about to crash!
So we are told.
It is only the REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY that can save Nigeria from crashing!
So we are told.

What about the issue of CORRUPTION, that cantankerous worm that has been a hydra-headed monster inhibiting the growth of Nigeria?

Subsidy removal is a short term solution for a long term problem.

Imagine, inflicting more HARDSHIP to people that has been long suffering and suffering for long.
Even if the REMOVAL is the LIFE-LINE of Nigeria as an entity, caution must be the keyword.

ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY!
Nigeria ills cannot be corrected using a stop-gap policy.
Removal must be SYSTEMATIC AND GRADUAL with emphasis on nipping corruption and corrupt acts.
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
Finland:

I wonder how you want a mother that lives in oshodi and works in V.I who earns 18,000 naira a month with children pay for house rent and feeding when the cost of transportation a month is 15,000 naira.
grin shocked You too much !
Re: Three New Refineries Coming Says Works Minister by Beaf: 11:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
Finland:

Beaf, Please tell me why you always evade the question about prosecution. Some people have pocketed billions of Naira that belongs to Nigerians and all the government wanna do is take off subsidy and they walk free? Why are they not investigating these at all?This Government is a fraud!!

I do not recall evading any question about prosecution. That question has been answered over and over, there is a thread on NL where Sanusi Lamido dealt with it extensively. Nobody who is demonstrating should be ignorant about the issues they are demonstrating for, lest they do themselves harm without realisng it.
Please search for the article, it is very long, but very educational as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Plans Housing Scheme For Nigerians Abroad / PDP Caucus Meeting Holds Tomorrow In Port Harcourt / APC, PDP Supporters Clash In Uhonmora, Edo: "You Are A Bloody Swaka" (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.