Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? (17015 Views)

PURPORTED NLC STRIKE: Why We Should All Oppose It. / No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / True Cost Of NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by DAY12(m): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2012
Dyt:

Rd block at OYEBANJI junctn at ADENIJI ADELE lag island
dey r divertin every car on dat rd 2 go back
dey v wit dem a police bus movin arnd wit dem
quite impressin

Dyt, are you following dem? shocked
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by juman(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2012
Removal of the subsidy is good
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Dyt(f): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
Peepin at my balcony
dere s dis guy who jst got dere n started raisin ticks on dem cos he s a union member
4k him
4k his position
cos dey didnt allow him pass n went get his bois 2 cm fyt
bloody coward
SEGO dey say his name is
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by DAY12(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2012
Dyt:

Peepin at my balcony
dere s dis guy who jst got dere n started raisin ticks on dem cos he s a union member
4k him
4k his position
cos dey didnt allow him pass n went get his bois 2 cm fyt
bloody coward
SEGO dey say his name is

Lord of mercy, where are u getting all dis info from?

btw who is SAGO? shocked
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Dyt(f): 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2012
^ my hood na
well dey say SEGO s one influential agbero
i dont give a 4k,i dont even know him
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by DAY12(m): 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2012
I know that dude!

dn't fucck with him ooo! angry
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by 700john: 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2012
Day 2: Sapele is cool,
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Dyt(f): 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2012
N wat ll he do huh?
M jst comin frm his office,his bois were feelin sorry 4 his stupidity
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by otokx(m): 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2012
Its just like a public holiday.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by sniperwolf(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
People are just dying for nothing
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by sniperwolf(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2012
People are just dying for nothing
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Eddyben88(m): 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2012
Whn wil dis nlc stryk stop
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by otokx(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2012
Eddyben88:

but it just started
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Kay1kay1(m): 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2012
Eddyben88:

When Mr. President and his subsidy circus is over. The interest of Nigerian masses will thrive.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Adanora: 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2012
Some Nigerians re just dreamers.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
its sad enough that people are out of their jobs due to the strike and its sadder that people are loosing their lives too - especially the common man shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

i can only ask: WHEN WILL THE STRIKE BE OVER? at least for the sake of the dying angry angry angry angry angry

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by bunmioguns(m): 3:27am On Jan 11, 2012
*move closer to the OP and give him 4 dirty slap*

Will you stand up frm dt system and join d protest outside

grin grin grin grin grin

Thank God you made it at last with all ur disturbance in d Jokes section
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 11, 2012
bunmioguns:

*move closer to the OP and give him 4 dirty slap*

Will you stand up frm dt system and join d protest outside

grin grin grin grin grin

Thank God you made it at last with all your disturbance in d Jokes section

BUMBUMOGUNS or beansoguns or wateva,

can i be your mentor now?  undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2012
STRIKE DAY 3: WHAT'S HAPPENING IN YOUR AREA?

it's another cool day here!

God help Ibadan and other states experiencing violence ooooo

cool
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Dyt(f): 8:49am On Jan 11, 2012
Preparin 2 go d str
i sure ll give updates if mum dont stop me
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 11, 2012
^^^^ waiting for updates. . . . .

BE CAREFUL OOOO
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by rickiross(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2012
Awolowo road ikoyi, shit was popping about 20mins ago bullets and tear-gas, Word on the street was total gas station was burnt or something close to that,
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 11, 2012
Reporting from VI, All roads and environment clean and clear. Blaring sounds Jay-Z played from neighborhoods here.

I am BB discussing in forum about Resource Control. One guy said they have silver Ore at that backyard in the village and thats how they make money selling by fedex to US company because if they tell Federal Government that will end up losing their land and the proceeds will be used by Federal Government for one Nigeria, but if Resource control comes on board, many state will explore their resources for local good and pay commission to federal government.

Am done here, I got movies to watch
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Immanuelar(m): 11:52am On Jan 11, 2012
datz exactly wot is happening in my area, main street turned to football field, very intrestin grin

Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by xpagnol: 11:53am On Jan 11, 2012
Why is this government portraying subsidy to be a bad egg within the oil sector.Subsidy is a constitutional rights of the people which has been grossly abused by some so called cabal and their counterparts in the government. ITS EITHER THAT MR PRESIDENT IS WEAK AND AFRAID TO FIGHT THE CORRUPTION IN HIS GOVERNMENT OR HE WANTS TO BE ANOTHER TYRANT IN THE MAKING.Does he want to tell Nigerias that am, ongst all the natural minerals that we have been blessed with, that he cannot source for any other avenue to get funds to work for us. Why cant he increase the taxes of the big players in our economy and stuffs like that and leave this apple called subsidy for his electorates .THE BIG QUESTION IS AT ''WHAT YEAR'' DID THIS SUBSIDY WE PAY TO THESE CABALS RISE TO THIS WHOOPING COST. NIGERIANS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE STATISTICAL ARITHEMETICAL PROGRESSION OF HOW THE SUBSIDY HAS BEEN PAID FROM ITS INTRODUCTION TILL NOW. jonathan and the governors forum only want to spoil the ill perceived business of their boys by indirectly diverting the funds to their pockets.Why is The gmd of Nnpc, Mr Oniwon not championing this curse too like his female counterpart Allison. The existence of subsidy never stop deregulation and its removal either too if we do not the frame work for it.SECONDLY, DOES IT MEAN THAT NOTHING COULD BE DONE HAVING EMPLOYED ALL POSSIBLE MEANS TO CURB AND CUT THE SUBSIDY TO ITS PRESUMABLE ORIGINAL COST SINCE THERE WAS NEVER ANY DRASTIC DIFFERENCE IN THE QUANTITY THE NATION CONSUMES IN COMPARISON WITH THE AMOUNT PAID AND GIVE NIGERIAS A PEACE OF MIND WHILE HE GOES BACK TO WORK. IF THEY LIVE BY EXAMPLE, THERE WILL BE NO NEED FOR THE REMOVAL OF THE SUBSIDY. HE SHOULD STOP TELLING US ABOUT BUILDING INFRACSTRUCTURES WITH THE MONEY HE HAS'NT SEEN. I STILL MAINTAIN THAT AN ADDITIONAL 1.4 TRILLION NAIRA TO BE SHARED AMONGST THE FG,STATES AND THE LGAs OF THE FEDERATION CAN NEVER BE THE BASIS FOR THIS GOVERNMENT TO PROVE ITS WORTH.if you are against subsidy removal pls u can copy and paste, OCCUPY NIGERIA IF IT MUST BE
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by OmichaelO: 11:53am On Jan 11, 2012
Ohh, i must tell you guys,over here in AGEGE.phcn as been really wonderful during this strike period, cheesy
AND BOIZ ARE DOING RANDON THINGS LIKE PLAYING,TALKING ABOUT THE SUBSIDY ISH,PLAYING LUDO AND WOMEN ARE JUST THERE,
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by OmoPastor(m): 11:57am On Jan 11, 2012
We cannot revert back to 65/litre cos all the fuel will be diverted to neighboring countries where they can make maximum gain.

At the same time, the govt failed to do the right things before introducing the removal.

In my area, Abuja is calm and skeletal activities around the places. People are daily losing so much money even though they may not agree with GEJ.
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Immanuelar(m): 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
datz wot is exactly happening in my area, mainstreet turned to football field, looks intresting grin grin

Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Immanuelar(m): 12:07pm On Jan 11, 2012
my area, mainroad turned to football field.

Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Dyt(f): 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2012
Gunshots at Adeniji
parents callin on dere children
Re: NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal: What's Happening In Your Area? by Cleartalk: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
I stay in Ojota the head quarters of the gathering. The number of people keep growing on a daily basis. It's quite surprising that the strike will last this long which is very impressive.

However, for NLC, TUC, other unions and the whole of Nigerians to sustain this protest, it will be good to give people Saturday and Sunday to recoupe, sell and make some people in order to continue on Monday. We have to do this once and for all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasir El-rufai On Barth Nnaji's Resignation / Edo 2016: Obaseki Campaings In Atlanta & New York, USA(pics) / Metuh: Testifying Will Expose Me To Criminal Trial – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.