Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (21410 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / These Are Four Key Factors That Will Determine Buhari's Success Or Failure / Nine Indices That Determine Political Success Or Failure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
@marknov
forget beaf 4get jonathan
this govt is not here for u
if u like hope but it is futility
they will make long ramblin speeches,post useless pictures
everythn is empty
they have no human feeling or emphathy
extremly greedy
extremly selfish
did u know the order was to shoot at least one protestor every protest
yes these are the leaders
we gain nothn from them
they are the ill wind that brings nothing good
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by muami(m): 11:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
saxywale:

The popularity of President Jonathan dropped dramatically nationally, except in his home, oil-rich state.  cheesy

Better to be popular in an oil-rich state and let the 'oil-poor' states protest.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by millionbuc(m): 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
Guys GEJ did promise us fresh air. But i think it was a prophesy he made. Remember how the bible said Christ will come from Bethlehem? and yet the Jews kept denying Jesus because they said he was from Galilee. Well they were blind because the bible in that case meant the messiah will literally come from Bethlehem.

GEJ will bring us Goodluck and a breath of fresh air alright. But it may not be the way we would naturally expect it through his policies.
One fact is clear. By the time this subsidy rumble is over, Nigeria would have taken on a new nature.

Today's strike was over 90% effective. Much more than any other. Change is here and after today, even our leaders are clear about that.  

This is the last push guys lets hold our grounds strongly. Our goals should be singular; POSITIVE CHANGE

http://www.5slate..com
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2012
how much more hardship can Nigerians bear when already there is no electricity, no potable water, no security, no roads, no employment, no efficient medical establishments, no good public schools and food prices are rising almost daily?    sad

Radical lawyer Festus Keyamo said last week in a public comment[b] that the government had finally admitted by the subsidy removal that it could not confront the individuals responsible for the corruption in the oil sector[/b],  shocked  embarassed "instead it was pouring its venom on the defenceless masses".  lipsrsealed
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by youngmonie: 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
muami:

Better to be popular in an oil-rich state and let the 'oil-poor' states protest.

LOOOOOOL, you make me laff, Ask urself whether  the oil rich states control their OIL or its the oil poor states that control the oil rich states cry
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2012
muami:

what goes around, comes around

One day the oil would finish and you have nothing to turn back to but to these "oil poor" states just like in the 1940s.

Lets see what would happen then

Trust me the protest that took place in Nigeria would not be forgotten in at least 70-100 years time

oil would finish in 20 years time in the Niger-delta region and the SE

we would see what would happen when that time comes

Remember you only have yourself to blame because we are asking the government to develop the Niger-delta as part of our protest. You people are using tribalsim to think

hmmmmm time would tell
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by NumberOne2(m): 11:30pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hmmm, Success or Failure? The voice of the people is the voice of God. Tomorrow we march,
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
alj harem:

what goes around, comes around

One day the oil would finish and you have nothing to turn back to but to these "oil poor" states just like in the 1940s.

Lets see what would happen then

Trust me the protest that took place in Nigeria would not be forgotten in at least 70-100 years time

oil would finish in 20 years time in the Niger-delta region and the SE

we would see what would happen when that time comes

Remember you only have yourself to blame because we are asking the government to develop the Niger-delta as part of our protest. You people are using tribalsim to think

hmmmmm time would tell
[size=15pt]
When that time comes, will you handover your cocoa farms to Abuja for sharing ?[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by samguru(m): 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2012
Smile 11,may u and ur sponsor perish in poverty,u will nt leave to benefit frm d struggle
My co-protesters let continue 2morrow God ȋ̝̊̅§ our strenght
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by temmydude: 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
WHAT A HUGE SUCCESS!. Only a fool will call the protest of today a failure. This is the tip of the iceberg for GEJ and his supporters. He will hold his ear and run like Gaddafi did into the tunnel that brought about his death. I am warming up for another round of the protest tomorrow. God willing, we the well wishers of Nigeria will conquer the followers of GEJ, Nkoju Wahala-Jonathan and others with their blood sucking policies.
ALUTA CONTINUA!!!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

When that time comes, will you handover your cocoa farms to Abuja for sharing ?[/size][/color]

LOL after the tribalistic demonstration today ? LooooZZZZZZZ cheesy

Yes we would do since WE DON'T THINK LIKE YOU PEOPLE cool

we are better than to think that way. cool
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 11:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
samguru:

Smile 11,may u and your sponsor perish in poverty,u will nt leave to benefit frm d struggle
[size=41pt]My co-protesters let continue 2morrow God ȋ̝̊̅§ our strenght[/size]

Yes o Amen to that
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
alj harem:

Yes we would do since WE DON'T THINK LIKE YOU PEOPLE cool

Sorry Oga, I was asking a question, No offeinceeeee
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by olatwo(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
Truth is no matter Ђδω well Ɣø̲̣U try making foolish people see things they will never see. Becos they walk about freely not even knowing they are foolish.

What is subsidy?, GEJ told us some cabals are just taking the money, that means we are not subsidising nothing in the first place. And if it is that they are inflating the money why not cut it aπϑ give business to compitent trustworthy people.

If they are just eating the money before now as Ɣø̲̣U claim that means their is nothing like subsidy aπϑ if Ɣø̲̣U are removing it why should the product price go up?.

This whole problem started when Nigerians decide to elect a man who had no shoes.    

Its a huge success if Ɣø̲̣U must know!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
Piece of advise to my fellow nigerians

Next time a guy tells u he grew up without shoes and dts why u should vote for him.pls let's just buy him as many shoes as possible and move,b4 we end up without shoes.

Thank u
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by aljharem(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

Sorry Oga, I was asking a question,  No offeinceeeee[/size]

read better next time smiley

alj harem:

[size=18pt]Yes we would do[/size] since WE DON'T THINK LIKE YOU PEOPLE cool

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Willyblinks(m): 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2012
@OK2NV
thanks for reading us our right or rather our "no right" based on our taxation problem however i got confused about who you speak for and against when after lashing the people you also spoke against lagos state governor(or rulling party) which to me represents the government.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Akiika: 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
How much did GEJ and cohort pay some of you guys for all these misrepresentations? We shall see in days to come if the protests are successful or not. You should all bury your head in shame.
To me, if flights to Nigeria are been cancelled, it's a sign that activities are gradually going to a halt.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by OK2NV: 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=20pt]I can't believe how myopic niggerians are. Have you forgotten the shear waste during Yaradua's administration were over 40billion dollars was literally embezelled and how GEJ was sidelined in the affairs of that administration. Or have you forgeton how the North after Yaradua's death wanted to turn the constituition upside down? Have you still forgotten of the Ciromas and their sectional speech for power rotation to the north?
Have you asked yourselves who really are sponsoring the demonstrations? I heard the Labour head was jetted to Kano to attend the rally there. Where did NLC get the money to chartter flights?
Once again the southwest is showing their betrayal.
I can't help but wonder why no one cautioned the default head of the Odua race, Asiwaju Tinubu for insulting the President in the most steroetypical tone where he refferred to GEJ as a drunken fisherman.
E DON END!
1966 CAN NEVER REPEAT ITSELF.
SOUTHWEST UNA MUMU SENSE NO GO BE OUR PORTION!
[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=18pt]My Fellow Occupiers . Terry G, Muma gee and Daddy Showkey would be performing live at Ojota tomorrow. Banky W is also being billed to perform .

Let's make tomorrow memorable after the sublime performance of Kwam 1 earlier today.

We must nack Gej Akpaco . . Terry G shall lead the ginger swag  cheesy   .

Rad1cal for the NLC/TUC Lagos rally/subsidy removal carnival

Alomo and chops very plenty  cool [/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by muami(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
samguru:

My co-protesters let continue 2morrow God ȋ̝̊̅§ our strenght
I thought it was supposed to be 'Occupy Nigeria'? How come you people went home? Oh, I just realised that you had to go to collect the day's pay from your sponsors and get briefing on the next day's work load.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2012
OK2NV:

[size=20pt]I can't believe how myopic niggerians are. Have you forgotten the shear waste during Yaradua's administration were over 40billion dollars was literally embezelled and how GEJ was sidelined in the affairs of that administration. Or have you forgeton how the North after Yaradua's death wanted to turn the constituition upside down? Have you still forgotten of the Ciromas and their sectional speech for power rotation to the north?
Have you asked yourselves who really are sponsoring the demonstrations? I heard the Labour head was jetted to Kano to attend the rally there. Where did NLC get the money to chartter flights?
Once again the southwest is showing their betrayal.
I can't help but wonder why no one cautioned the default head of the Odua race, Asiwaju Tinubu for insulting the President in the most steroetypical tone where he refferred to GEJ as a drunken fisherman.
E DON END!
1966 CAN NEVER REPEAT ITSELF.
SOUTHWEST UNA MUMU SENSE NO GO BE OUR PORTION!
[/size]
[size=15pt]GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER AND MY FRIEND[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Knorkastur: 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2012
Rad1cal:

[size=18pt]My Fellow Occupiers . Terry G, Muma gee and Daddy Showkey would be performing live at Ojota tomorrow. Banky W is also being billed to perform .

Let's make tomorrow memorable after the sublime performance of Kwam 1 earlier today.

We must nack Gej Akpaco . . Terry G shall lead the ginger swag  cheesy   .

Rad1cal for the NLC/TUC Lagos rally/subsidy removal carnival

Alomo and chops very plenty  cool [/size]
[size=15pt]
GATHERING OF THE RASCALS[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by muami(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
Akiika:

To me, if flights to Nigeria are been cancelled, it's a sign that activities are gradually going to a halt.
International flights were NOT disrupted by the absentee occupiers
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by akin101: 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
i m kinda wondering,
are the upstream oil and gas workers on strike tooo,

i mean, 1 day of not producing oil will be enuf to bring this govt to its knees

unless nlc are all talk that area would be my first point of attack,
also has nlc don its field work to calculate how long it will take to bring govt to its knees,
no good general allows a war or fight  go on for too long

it would make me a happy man if nlc and tuc has gone through all scenerios to make this a resounding success
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by MAYOWAAK: 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
The strike and protest continues tomorrow, pls remember to inform your neighbours we won't stop until we get our demands. The Arabs didn't stop until they sent their oppressor out.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
akin101:

i m kinda wondering,
are the upstream oil and gas workers on strike tooo,

i mean, 1 day of not producing oil will be enuf to bring this govt to its knees

unless nlc are all talk that area would be my first point of attack,
also has nlc don its field work to calculate how long it will take to bring govt to its knees,
no good general allows a war or fight  go on for too long

it would make me a happy man if nlc and tuc has gone through all scenerios to make this a resounding success
I beg you, sont show your ignorance in the night. You think Crude Oil is like Indomie thats cooked and eaten at once ? There is enough in CBN and Foreign reserves to run this country for 6 months
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

GATHERING OF THE RASCALS[/b][/color][/size]

[size=20pt]Na you sabi, we must rock that Carnival sorry Rally tomorrow .  Whiz kid fit show sef. Eko Oni Baje oo![/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by akin101: 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
wretched mad dog infested human cows like beaf give cows a bad name
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

[size=15pt]GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER AND MY FRIEND[/size]

do i smell trbalism here, wetin d hausa call uncle jona Shoe theif

Bros, I sad 4 u cry
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by kizito96(m): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
It is a total failure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu’s Mother, Brothers Join APC / Army's Official Statement About The Abia NUJ & Soldiers Fracas In Umuahia / Was Atiku Head Of Obasanjo’s Economic Management Team? (Fact Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.