Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (21419 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / These Are Four Key Factors That Will Determine Buhari's Success Or Failure / Nine Indices That Determine Political Success Or Failure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by manny4life(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
Rad1cal:

[size=18pt]Na you sabi, we must rock that Carnival sorry Rally tomorrow .  Whiz kid fit show sef. Eko Oni Baje oo![/size]

If you're having carnival tomorrow, it just shows the government that you're not serious. Who goes around laughing, drinking and having "Alomo and chops very plenty" , when their house is on fire?   shocked shocked shocked shocked  

That doesn't show seriousness, anyway, yall go on and have your very plenty food and drink yourselves up, smh  
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by amtheone(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
It baffles me how some of us are so selfish and self centered. It is a shame to those of u who are happy to tag today's demonstration a failure. I don't no what u were xpecting to happen b4 u cld say dat it was a success. Some of u are waitng for CCN n other Int'l media houses to cover d event b4 u can now say it was a suces. For ur info we don't need it all, even if it was not cover by d local tv, d impact has been felt.
I'm asking u mr n mrs observer, what is ur contribution towards demanding for ur rite as a citizen of this grt country, u think dat sittng down in one corner of ur one room apartment with 1ltr generator staring at tv from mrng till nite waiting to judge will change those heartless criminal in Abuja?
Be informed dat today's demonstration was not all about subsidy removal, its all about saying NO to insensitive govt. It is beta u wake up from ur slip. Whether u reside in Nigeria at the moment or not, it makes no diff. U,re talking Int'l recognition, didn't u c Nigerians in d UK demonstrating against this issue, maybe u were unda ur mattress.
If u watched HOR yesterday on dat ur small box, didn't u c how some of dem conmfess their sins, or u think dat such confession was a coincidence?
Mr observer do u thnk dat for president to come out and made some pronouncement, like 25% reduction on salary, unecessary trip redunction to Abroad, provision of 1,600 buses etc. All of this won't have come out if everybody was like u. Am praying dat God shld forgive.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
Rad1cal:

[size=20pt]Na you sabi, we must rock that Carnival sorry Rally tomorrow .  Whiz kid fit show sef. Eko Oni Baje oo![/size]
@ Rad1cal [size=15pt]
Abeg no vex o, Is your real name Radical or Rascal ? [/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
amtheone:

It baffles me how some of us are so selfish and self centered. It is a shame to those of u who are happy to tag today's demonstration a failure. I don't no what u were xpecting to happen b4 u cld say dat it was a success. Some of u are waitng for[size=15pt] CCN [/size]n other Int'l media houses to cover d event b4 u can now say it was a suces. For your info we don't need it all, even if it was not cover by d local tv, d impact has been felt.
I'm asking u mr n mrs observer, what is your contribution towards demanding for your rite as a citizen of this grt country, u think dat sittng down in one corner of your one room apartment with 1ltr generator staring at tv from mrng till nite waiting to judge will change those heartless criminal in Abuja?
Be informed dat today's demonstration was not all about subsidy removal, its all about saying NO to insensitive govt. It is beta u wake up from your slip. Whether u reside in Nigeria at the moment or not, it makes no diff. U,re talking Int'l recognition, didn't u c Nigerians in d UK demonstrating against this issue, maybe u were unda your mattress.
If u watched HOR yesterday on dat your small box, didn't u c how some of dem conmfess their sins, or u think dat such confession was a coincidence?
Mr observer do u thnk dat for president to come out and made some pronouncement, like 25% reduction on salary, unecessary trip redunction to Abroad, provision of 1,600 buses etc. All of this won't have come out if everybody was like u. Am praying dat God shld forgive.
[size=15pt]
Is CCN a Chinese network? Abeg let me know how to view CCN[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Joagbaje(m): 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
It's a failure. Nobody has right to infringe on the rights of others. Roads into lagos was blocked today by labour miscreants. People were not allowed to enter lagos .from morning till evening. Few drivers who stubbornly manoveur their way were pelted with stones , stick ,wood etc. Why will innocent people be made to suffer . Every one has right to take their stand. Nobody should force others into their plan . It shows that people are behind these. Things with negative agenda. So who are they fighting for? Certainly Its nit the people they are punishing like this.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by OK2NV: 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=30pt]What I know of the Niger-Delta is that in the History of Nigeria, it has always been a place of wealth.
If we know sell palm oil we be sell slaves if oil finish another thing go show but right now we are tired of subsidizing your ungrateful lots.
When President Obasanjo proposed 25% oil derivation for the region the majority of opposition to this bill were from the North and the south west.
When we started our struggle they said we will not succeed that they will send their army to crush us. Today we are the army. We are the C "N'C.
The oil no they to waste. Inside our own property nah deny us our right, now nah they fight for wetin no be una own.
GEJ has told you why he has to remove the subsidy but the truth is he is removing it because at the end of the day the same oil we export is going to be used to pay for your wasteful and ungrateful consumption. Tell Tinubu to build refinery for Ogun state. IBB and co for north have invested in their fatherland in Niger Republic. If you like burn your unforgettably rotten City, Lagos.
[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by akin101: 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
I beg you, sont show your ignorance in the night. You think Crude Oil is like Indomie thats cooked and eaten at once ? There is enough in CBN and Foreign reserves to run this country for 6 months

dude, dont be silly
u have no idea how this works do u??
while we are jubiliating and protesting with passion,
we should also be able to asses our problems with some sobering objectivity
its not just about the reserves,

oil is the main stay of your economy
its the exports and the ability to export that is the problem,

all ya'll can continue protesting
as long as u dont disrupt the main economy cash beaf sorry i meant cow,
abuja is doesnt give a Zap, about your picketing,

the only language the nigerian fools in charge of govt understands is force and nothing else,
as far as i m concerned we are just picknicking and galivanting,
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
Though I will admit that GEJ did the right thing at the wrong time and probably in the wrong way, I will not jump into a rather quick conclusion and debasement of this man. I do not think any Nigerian civilian president has faced as much violent opposition (Boko Haram) and pressure like he did and it will be greatly unfair to tag him names. The simple reality is that at some point even if not under Jonathan's administration, subsidy will have to be scrapped out. It is never a popular decision but people will have to accept and live with it in the future or probably now. So make all dem haters just chill,  and for your info, I am not from Naija delta o before some rather rash nairalanders  begin fire bomb.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
manny4life:

If you're having carnival tomorrow, it just shows the government that you're not serious. Who goes around laughing, drinking and having "Alomo and chops very plenty" , when their house is on fire?   shocked shocked shocked shocked  

That doesn't show seriousness, anyway, yall go on and have your very plenty food and drink yourselves up, smh  

[size=18pt]You dey blame me. go blame NLC/TUC for the goodies.

Aluta rocking continua. rocking shall it ever be . .
[/size]

LeoMax:

Abeg no vex o, Is your real name Radical or Rascal ? [/b][/size]

[size=18pt]You deserve some rapid slaps for asking me that queshun.

Just come and pick some prosti  cheesy that would occupy your bed tomorrow. those models who occupied your bed earlier fit no get action .

expecting you tomorrow  tongue[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by EagleNest(m): 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2012
Outstanding success. 90/100 % mark.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by manny4life(m): 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
Rad1cal:

[/size]

Now you see why NLC/TUC results will be dead on arrival, Which organization sits and relax, having fun meanwhile, their house is burning? They are fighting for their rights, YET, they are busy drinking, Anyway carry on brother. Don't blame GEJ or NASS when they don't listen to you.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 10, 2012
Rad1cal:

[/size]

[size=18pt]You deserve some rapid slaps for asking me that queshun.

Just come and pick some prosti  cheesy that would occupy your bed tomorrow. those models who occupied your bed earlier fit no get action .

expecting you tomorrow  tongue[/size]
[size=15pt]
NO VESSS OGA, I will come find prostitu for my bed oh, but subsidy removal stays. Try arrange me some sweet 16s, I prefer them fair in complexion with Brazilian hairdo[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 12:01am On Jan 10, 2012
LeoMax:

Is CCN a Chinese network? Abeg let me know how to view CCN[/b][/color][/size]

now u beilieve me when I say Beaf,Leomax can't see beyond their nose. He can only pick out typographically error from a simple point made. Like he has never madfe one before

I will say it over and over again Beaf,Leomax and friends are myopic and will neve see beyuond their nose.

Ps: u can look for some typo again, waka!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 10, 2012
akin101:

dude, dont be silly
u have no idea how this works do u??
while we are jubiliating and protesting with passion,
we should also be able to asses our problems with some sobering objectivity
its not just about the reserves,

oil is the main stay of your economy
its the exports and the ability to export that is the problem,

all ya'll can continue protesting
as long as u dont disrupt the main economy cash beaf sorry i meant cow,
abuja is doesnt give a Zap, about your picketing,

the only language the nigerian fools in charge of govt understands is force and nothing else,
as far as i m concerned we are just picknicking and galivanting,

[size=14pt]
No Offence, DId you school in "Ogbomosho Railway primary school "?[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by akin101: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2012
my god,
another stupid human cow,
autoresponse: ignore
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2012
na_joke:

now u beilieve me when I say Beaf,Leomax can't see beyond their nose. He can only pick out typographically error from a simple point made. Like he has never madfe one before

I will say it over and over again Beaf,Leomax and friends are myopic and will neve see beyuond their nose.

Ps: u can look for some typo again, waka!
[size=15pt]
NO offence, I didnt know it was a mistake sincerely. What were you trying to type ? Is your Keyboard bad ??[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 10, 2012
akin101:

my god,
another silly human cow,
autoresponse: ignore
[size=15pt]
Are you Akin101 of Ogbomosho Railway Primary school ? Just trying to locate an old friend. Please no vex too much[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 12:07am On Jan 10, 2012
manny4life:

Now you see why NLC/TUC results will be dead on arrival,  Which organization sits and relax, having fun meanwhile, their house is burning? They are fighting for their rights, YET, they are busy drinking, Anyway carry on brother. Don't blame GEJ or NASS when they don't listen to you.

The labour strike is silly . and their conducts shows. who organizes an anti government rally with award winning artiste performing to the delight of protesters, who should be serious and focused.

Aluta Rocking mode maintained jooooooooooor !!

LeoMax:

NO VESSS OGA, I will come find prostitu for my bed oh, but subsidy removal stays. Try arrange me some sweet 16s, I prefer them fair in complexion with Brazilian hairdo[/b][/size][/color]

Now na, you get my flows. As them dey strike foolishly . we go dey arrange for some corner kick . Aluta Rocking mode till them get sense.

who send them strike .

Your sweet 16 specs shall be looked into  wink .
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by danteweb: 12:08am On Jan 10, 2012
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by akin101: 12:10am On Jan 10, 2012
no i no go ogbomosho railway school  !!!!
no offence taken,
grin
thought u were mad cow, sorry beaf for a second,
no vex o
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 10, 2012
Rad1cal:

The labour strike is silly . and their conducts shows. who organizes an anti government rally with award winning artiste performing to the delight of protesters, who should be serious and focused.

Aluta Rocking mode maintained jooooooooooor !!

Now na, you get my flows. As them dey strike foolishly . we go dey arrange for side . Aluta Rocking mode till them get sense.

who send them strike .
[size=15pt]
Nnah men, but that Terry G, na real human being ? I dey see am for TV he looks like someone who needs fuel subsidy, unfortunately, we cant keep milking Nigeri Delta and put the billions inside Cabals accounts. Subsidy Goes. My girls oh, no forget[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by mayor360(m): 12:12am On Jan 10, 2012
Who are those fools saying its a failure, u and badluck are d problem of this country, and u all wil go 4 us, nlc, kip it up, u wil win at last, and these bunch of idiots, wil not live to enjoy this fight,
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 10, 2012
akin101:

no i no go ogbomosho railway school  !!!!
no offence taken,
grin
thought u were mad cow, sorry beaf for a second,
no vex o
[size=15pt]
Now you are catching the drift. When a man reasons like a miscrant he cant eat with the elders. Just know that this subsidy removal has already help removed the gribs of cabals from our Reserves and our Electricity sector ! How is Ogbomosho ? [/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by kayode256(m): 12:14am On Jan 10, 2012
SUCCESS BUT IT MUST CONTINUE AND RECIEVE MORE MEDIA COVERAGE IN ORDER TO PUT MORE PRESSURE ON THE GOVERNMENT

THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT THE FEUL SUBSIDY FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW THIS IS ABOUT BAD GOVERNANCE IN GENERAL!

NIGERIANS WHETHER HAUSA IGBO OR YORUBA OR ANY OTHER ETHNIC GROUP WE HAVE BEEN SUFFERING AND SMILING FOR TOO LONG

SOME OF YOU ARE SO USE TO BEING DECEIVED THAT YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT IT IS A RIGHT FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO REMOVE THE SUBSIDY.

IF THEY REMOVE IT THEY MIGHT AS WELL RESIGN FROM GOVERNMENT AS NIGERIANS DO NOT FEEL THEIR GOVERNANCE IN ANY OTHER AREA.

POOR ROADS, NO SECURITY, NO ELECTRICITY, NO HEALTH CARE POOR EDUCATION

INSTEAD OF TACKLE THESE ISSUES THEY WOULD RATHER FOCUS ON SAME SEX PARTNERSHIPS

HOW DO THEY EXPECT THE COMMON MAN TO SURVIVE IN SUCH CONDITIONS? THERE ARE ALREADY TOO MANY ARMED ROBBERS IN THE COUNTRY SUCH LAWS WILL ONLY INCREASE THE NUMBER!

THERE IS ENOUGH MONEY IN THE HANDS OF THESE POLITICIANS ALREADY THIS INCREASE IS ONLY REQUIRED TO SETTLE MEMBERS OF A FRAUDULENT CARTEL

DO NOT BE DECEIVED

SUCH LAWS WILL JUST MEAN THAT THE RICH WILL GET RICHER AND THE POOR WILL REMAIN POOR
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Rad1cal: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2012
LeoMax:

Nnah men, but that Terry G, na real human being ? I dey see am for TV he looks like someone who needs fuel subsidy, unfortunately, we cant keep milking Nigeri Delta and put the billions inside Cabals accounts. Subsidy Goes. My girls oh, no forget[/b][/size][/font][/color]

Nurin do you, they shall be briskly arranged and delivered. Terry G and co dey chop Cabal money wey arrange the NLC rally. them feel say we be mugu .

Twaa to them
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by rabzy01: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2012
Restore subsidy ,

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2012
mayor360:

Who are those fools saying its a failure, u and badluck are d problem of this country, and u all wil go 4 us,  nlc, kip it up, u wil win at last, and these bunch of idiots, wil not live to enjoy this fight,
[size=15pt]
See this new Bee. You just made your first post on Nairaland and you started cursing ? Who told you about Nairaland ? Little Pork[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by kunyeo(m): 12:15am On Jan 10, 2012
What a self deception? You post a topic and you generate a cohort of opinions to support your view.Dont you look at the mirror? It doesnt lie ! Frankly, for a long time,I have not witnessed a protest that cuts across every strata of social classes and professions,who were ready to stake their lives for what they believe.When i looked at the mammoth crowd in Lagos and Abuja,I am reminded of the civil right protests in the 60's.Jonathan better watch out.The next stage of the protest would be a call for his removal.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by OK2NV: 12:16am On Jan 10, 2012
[size=20pt]I remember sometime in 2001 or 2002 during the begining of the one week nation-wide strike organised by oshiomole, I just picked up an old friend from the airport and dropped him off at sheraton. My friend insisted I have breakfast with him downstairs to catchup on some gist. On getting to the resturant I saw Oshiomole dinning away while the rest of Nigerians where groaning in strike.
Was there any impact made during oshiomole's incessant calls for strike? NO!
Where is oshiomole now and what is his opinion on subsidy removal?
You know the answer.
Labour leaders are just looking for their own cut from both sides. One on the oil impotrers et al so-called Cabals and the FG.
SOo if you like copy-pasta whatever name for your prostest when una tire nah go go house.
The worst or rather best thing to happen is this country will divide, simple!
[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 10, 2012
OK2NV:

[size=20pt]I remember sometime in 2001 or 2002 during the begining of the one week nation-wide strike organised by oshiomole, I just picked up an old friend from the airport and dropped him off at sheraton. My friend insisted I have breakfast with him downstairs to catchup on some gist. On getting to the resturant I saw Oshiomole dinning away while the rest of Nigerians where groaning in strike.
Was there any impact made during oshiomole's incessant calls for strike? NO!
Where is oshiomole now and what is his opinion on subsidy removal?
You know the answer.
Labour leaders are just looking for their own cut from both sides. One on the oil impotrers et al so-called Cabals and the FG.
SOo if you like copy-pasta whatever name for your prostest when una tire nah go go house.
The worst or rather best thing to happen is this country will divide, simple!
[/size]
[size=15pt]
Soldier Boy Tell' Em; Let them continue to roast under the sun when the NLC has received billions and are dining at Tinubu's Oriental Hotel and cruising around on Otedola's Yatch[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 12:19am On Jan 10, 2012
[/quote]
LeoMax:

NO offence, I didnt know it was a mistake sincerely. What were you trying to type ? Is your Keyboard bad ??[/b][/font][/color][/size]

another good example of dis guys not seeing beyond thier nose,very myopic in thier thinking
me, surprise? not at all,knew all along.

Anyways,mr perfect u can't spell prostitute and u want correct anoda person
[quote author=LeoMax link=topic=842531.msg9930992#msg9930992 date=1326150051]
NO VESSS OGA, I will come find prostitu for my bed oh, but subsidy removal stays. Try arrange me some sweet 16s, I prefer them fair in complexion with Brazilian hairdo[/b][/size][/color]

Now boy get back to discussion and make sense if u no get point wey get sense then shut da F up  and go to bed
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 10, 2012
kunyeo:

What a self deception? You post a topic and you generate a cohort of opinions to support your view.Dont you look at the mirror? It doesnt lie ! Frankly, for a long time,I have not witnessed a protest that cuts across every strata of social classes and professions,who were ready to stake their lives for what they believe.When  i looked at the mammoth crowd in Lagos and Abuja,I am reminded of the civil right protests in the 60's.Jonathan better watch out.The next stage of the protest would be a call for his removal.  
[size=15pt]
How old was your brain in 1960 ?[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Theories To Explain The Backward State Of Africa / Terrorist Informants In The Army Arrested / Godwin Maduka Celebrates His 61st Birthday

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.