Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? (21411 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / These Are Four Key Factors That Will Determine Buhari's Success Or Failure / Nine Indices That Determine Political Success Or Failure In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Beaf: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
^
Are Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan and kano the entire country? shocked shocked shocked shocked

MAYOWAAK:

For fear of being overthrown this week, GEJ cluelessly rushed and increased the salaries of our military and back dated it to Sept 2011, Oga Jona, your time is up. It is the people that will push you out.

[size=33pt]LIAR! FAIL![/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

For fear of being overthrown this week, GEJ cluelessly rushed and increased the salaries of our military and back dated it to Sept 2011,  Oga Jona, your time is up. It is the people that will push you out.

I hope this is not true sha    shocked

manny4life:

Me I don't know if t was success or not, what I do know is they could protest for something a lil more better,  CORRUPTION. Knowing fully well that NASS doesn't want to investigate this CABALS, that should be the true protest. Government waste should be the real issue, although subsidy affects everyone, me think that they could have use the same opportunity to protest for thing further ailing and crippling the country.

What the protesters aim to achieve is that if they can force the government to bring back the subsidy. Then the government would look for other means of reviving the economy that has been dead for as long as I can remember. Probably by reducing public office holders extravagances and recovering stolen funds from looters.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
i am living in onitsha ,
i saw people that came from their various 'trading' grin
i was told nobody came to buy
So today was a Success
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by barika2011(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
this beaf guy na big mumu, grin grin grin grin, because nairaland has made you faceless you think you can say tins anyhow BIG FOOL, if you post your pix i trust you would be hunted like a ghost house, IDIOT, like Jonathan grin grin grin grin
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by muami(m): 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

T[b]he turn-out of people, in Lagos, Abuja and Kano, Ibadan was unprecedented. Never in all my years of existence have I witnessed the passionate crowd I saw today on the streets of Lagos[/b].
Yeah right cos never in all our years of existence that a Niger Delta is President of Nigeria. The fact that the protests was only 'massive' in the 4 places you mentioned should'nt give any 'Nigerian' joy.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Chnges(m): 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
Hahahahaha brilliant f00lz__i knew it! F00lish Nigerias that cannot differentiate evil frm good_jux dnt worry, u'll realise ur mistakes when ur child goes out to begg 4 food.LMAO protesters my arsee
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by TRUTHTELA: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
To all the LUNATICS supporting a ROUGE  president, relax, in no distant future we'll know who is a FAILURE.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by rabzy01: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
NTA reported that only one plane left Ikeja airport, no fligth in Abuja.Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Ibadan etc no activities. What a success!!!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by labamo07(m): 11:05pm On Jan 09, 2012
Haru Mutasa of Al Jazeera was reporting live from Abuja, I bet those who said the protest was a failure are absolutely insane, perhaps they do not know how much the Nation has lost just for today alone considering the GDP,
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by muami(m): 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
Johnpaul2k2:

i am living in onitsha ,
i saw people that came from their various 'trading' grin
i was told nobody came to buy
So today was a Success
In other words, today was a success because the poor traders could not sell their goods while the FG that the protest was directed against sold crude oil? success must mean something else in Onitsha
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by MAYOWAAK: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
"O ti yara gbagbe o (You have forgotten so soon)
Ileri E igba yen (Your Campaign promises) 2x
Goodluck, Ase bintin l'ogbon Ori E (You are so bereft of ideas)
Iwo ti A ro p'ogbon (And we thought you were wise) 2x
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by tomzman: 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
I don't think a protest that halted activities at the airports, courts, markets, etc and even aired by the international media (I watched it on CNN) can be called a failure, at least for that day.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
labamo07:

Haru Mutasa of Al Jazeera was reporting live from Abuja,  I bet those who said the protest was a failure are absolutely insane, perhaps they do not know how much the Nation has lost just for today alone considering the GDP,
[size=15pt]
Your definition of success is full of shit. Protest was a failure and those who protested are also failures in life. Ask Prophet Mohammed[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by muami(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
labamo07:

Haru Mutasa of Al Jazeera was reporting live from Abuja,  I bet those who said the protest was a failure are absolutely insane, perhaps they do not know how much the Nation has lost just for today alone considering the GDP,
so the day was a success because the nation lost money belonging to all of us while the politicians would still be collect their huge salary and allowances by month end? Whatever the nation lost, the nation suffers.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by markovnikoff001(m): 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2012
Beaf who are you and why are you like this?,
, okay with the antecedent that our leaders never listen to us or do things that will at least put us in a tolerable state and now the removal of the oil subsidy which put not a few families in impossible situations, what do you suggest we do besides protest?,
, please answer me with honesty and objectivity,
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
1.7 trillion saving from the subsidy will be used for the following:

1. All will be shared amongst the three tiers of govt.(to b embezzled as usual)
2. Already shared (see 1 above) will also be used to develop infrastructures( No blueprint for dt plus dz things are already budgeted for every year).
3. Education will b improved(ASUU on strike. Nobody talking to them) Same 1.7 trillion?
4. And now three refineries are to be built. From the already shared 1.7 trillion?

PS: I tot  money wuz usually borrowed to finance subsidy in the first instance. Does it mean they would still borrow the money then use it on the above?
WHO IS FOOLING WHO?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by muyoto: 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
it was a success

it was a failure

it was a success

it was a failure

it was a success

it was a failure

it was a success

it was a failure

it was a success

it was a failure

it was a success

it was a failure

it was a success

it was a failure

NLders funny sha. . . grin
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by FACE(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
Abagworo:

The truth is that it is either the price is reduced below 100 Naira or the Karl Max theory will come to play in Nigeria. The rise of the masses against the elites and it will be deadly.

The killing of protesters is raising the spirit of Nigerians. Their death shall never be in vain.

On the Southeast, they are not a politically sophisticated people and are bound to sheepishly follow any easy,myopically profitable route. I am Igbo myself and know this well. Even during the eve of election when we had South-southerners engaged in constructive arguments on reasons to vote or not to vote GEJ, the Ohaneze hurriedly endorsed him unanimously.

Abagworo, you are not politically sophisticated and you are bound to sheepishly follow any easy, myopically profitable route.
In addition , you are tyrant wannabe who would not allow others to be free thinkers.

You think other people should have the same goal as you and if not they are silly. You are the silly one who would sell his soul for 10k and sell his people in order to look good outside.

It is everybodies rights to either join the protests or not, and not be bullied/insulted by your likes for minding their own business. All your arguments here are so senseless and patronising and I wonder what sort of man you are. What you think you know very well as a result of being Igbo may be limited to your kindred or your inferiority complex. Arrow !
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by nairaman66(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
For those peeps saying the protest was a failure- Dream On! I have never seen Nigeria so united against a cause.  Our rights are being infringed in a politically motivated scenario. R.I.P 2 dose who lost their lives! Occupy Nigeria
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by nk(f): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2012
Pastor Tunde Bakare asked protesters to sleep on the grass at Gani Fawehinmi Park for "as many days as possible." And then he went home. Lolzzz! H[b]e went to occupy his bed.[/b]

foo.lish people

Can you imagine that?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by asmod1: 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
I feel like crying rit now for some idiots who said today ,s protest was a failure.
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by manny4life(m): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
saxywale:

I hope this is not true sha    shocked

What the protesters aim to achieve is that if they can force the government to bring back the subsidy. Then the government would look for other means of reviving the economy that has been dead for as long as I can remember. Probably by reducing public office holders extravagances and recovering stolen funds from looters.

And "what-if" they don't have somewhere to finance it, what then happens? If they substitute subsidy for education, what then happens? Isn't it up to the people to protest against their govt when there's wasteful spending? Besides, hasn't GEJ cut 25% of Executive salaries? The bulk of our budget; almost 9% of budget coded under "Statutory Transfer" aren't people gonna protest about that waste?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by OK2NV: 11:15pm On Jan 09, 2012
[size=60pt]FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAFAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL IL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL[/size]
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by najoke: 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
humblebee:

[b]the first  time i lost faith in GEJ was when he avoided debates and yet honored an interview with an entertainer. what kinda leader does that?

grin
Only Beaf,Leomax and friends won't remember this

Newsflash
DBANG to interview oga jona 2mrw to discuss fuel susidy removal
Time:9pm
Venue:Koko mansion, mohit tv

Watch out!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by dasparrow: 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
I think it was a success. Besides, today is just day 1. Let's see what tomorrow will bring God willing. People need to understand that the subsidy removal is not what people are protesting but rather the fact that whatever money we make from it will be pocketed by our corrupt and greedy politicians. Why can't people be reasonable? That is how they introduced SAP during IBB's days and yet, Nigeria is still suffering the same ailment it suffered back in the 80s. Its time to wake up because if we don't, our children's generation will never forgive us. The struggle continues!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2012
Only in December did the government raise an alarm that[b] the subsidy on petrol price had quadrupled in the preceding 10 months without evidence of a commensurate increase in the petrol imported and distributed.

The conclusion was that a cartel was fraudulently collecting the subsidy - and billions of dollars - for petrol not imported.[/b]    shocked

why were the cartel not able to operate fraudulently during OBJ/Yar's tenure,  

Fraud = crime  angry
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by youngmonie: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
Wow, ppl r realy sarcastic, AW WOULD YOU USE ONE DAY to judge a protest. Wait tilll the end of the week b4 u determine whether it is a failure or not!! SIMPLE
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
Seaports-shut down.
Airports-shut down.
Petrol Stations-shut down.
Banks-shut down.
Borders-shut down.
Court houses-shut down.
NNPC buildings-shut down.
Electricity-shut down.
Mammoth rallies all over the country.
Senate inviting Labour leaders for dialogue in order to resolve the issues on ground.
Government taken completely unawares by the anger of the people and the number of protesters in the streets.
Now tell me if this strike was successful or a failure?
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by dasparrow: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
Richvkunt:

Seaports-shut down.
Airports-shut down.
Petrol Stations-shut down.
Banks-shut down.
Borders-shut down.
Court houses-shut down.
NNPC buildings-shut down.
Electricity-shut down.
Mammoth rallies all over the country.
Senate inviting Labour leaders for dialogue in order to resolve the issues on ground.
Government taken completely unawares by the anger of the people and the number of protesters in the streets.
Now tell me if this strike was successful or a failure?

SUCCESS!! The struggle continues!
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by OK2NV: 11:20pm On Jan 09, 2012
Niggerians(sic) are stoopid.
They never know when they are being used and by whom.
What makes you as a niggerian think that you deserve cheap fuel?
What gives you the right to squander a resource that is finite and has much more advantageous use than powering your cheap, runndown, secoundhand vehicles from europe?
What gives you the right to demand infrastructural development where you neither don't contribute your appropriate share in  taxation?
What in the world makes you, niggerians believe in anarchy over dialogue to resolve an issue?
What gives you the right to demand consumption without production?

The usuall places are burning, Lagos and Kano. Home of agberos and almajariis.
It's expected.
The southeast is calm. Ibo man still open shop.
The south-south is smiling. sooner or later you in the southwest and the rest of the country will be bidding for oil supply. maybe then asiwaju tinubu will build a refinery in lagos and charge you N300 PER LITRE.
Afterall, ACN in Lagos operates the most expensive tertiary university in  Nigeria, tolls roads and has driven virtually all industries to neighbouring Ghana.

idioots
Re: So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2012
Labour unions and social activists launched a campaign for government to investigate the scam and prosecute those involved. Nothing was done.  shocked

Instead, government countered with the scare campaign that the national economy was on the verge of total collapse and the only way out was to stop paying the subsidy immediately.  

The popularity of President Jonathan dropped dramatically nationally, except in his home, oil-rich state.  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

South South: This Is Constitutionalised Modern Day Slavery. / PDP Will Reclaim Power In 2019 – Fayose Assures, Reacts To Court Judgment / PDP Demands Restoration Of Police To Rivers Task Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.