Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,754 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? (20636 Views)

Monitoring Spirits As Spouses... Can U Tolerate That? / One Thing You Can't Tolerate In A Relationship / Which Can U Tolerate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by MrsChima1(f): 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mr, Cork:

mRS cHIMA is quite intelligent. Am proud! wink

Just for that you may have 123/345th of the punny. wink
[size=44pt]Sike! tongue[/size]
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by pendo89(f): 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2012
Well said chima.
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Davidmark2: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
http://www.lrinvestments.in

On the link above is where i personally make some extra bucks, now i get to sit and and just re-invest!
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by itiswell1(m): 8:09pm On Jan 11, 2012
Nay
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

She would be jumping on top of cars trying to make it in on time.   undecided  With her wig cocked to the side and shirt stained with car oil. 

"I gotta get home to daddy, oh I gon be in trouble ooo". 

"No girl, I have to go, oh poo NEPA taking the light"  

"Oche, your shoe!"  

"bleep that shoe girl, I gotta go ooooh poo I have 5 five minutes to get home"  

"Oche, I will pray for you girl"

"You got an extra room in case daddy throw me out?"

"Oche, you know I do girl!"

(Oche left like thunder bolt)
Is this a movie scene? Cos i never made it mandatory for her to come home at a particular time! She knows her responsibilities as a wife, and therefore knows when she should be home! Anything further than that, and i wont tolerate it! Solution will now be to move house or fcck the job! Simple!
I dont have time for permissive marriage! The world has gone too advanced to leave any situation to chance! Do your best and leave the rest! Doesnt mean i dont trust her. . .
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2012
pendo89:

Really?? So if I dont mind his coming late or dont trust him, it will it increases his chances of cheating? Don't you think the reverse is more likely to happen??
Is cheating the only fallout of coming home late? Do you or do you not wonder about the kind of frienships he keeps at night? What do you really understand by marriage if i may ask? Cos the kind of responses and permissiveness makes it look as if you are in an open relationship!
are u for real? He can go bad regardless of the time he arrives home!!! What makes a bad guy/lady has nothing to do with home arrival time or HAT!!
Yes! But that was not the question was it? I asked you, can a good man get bad or not? Cos you made it sound as if he aint prone to vices, simply because he is a good man!
Have you ever heard of suffocating love? You may think you are practising love while in essence you are suffocating your partner.
So not tolerating nocturnal activities means i'm suffocating my wife? shocked Not girlfriend o, wife? Yeah right!. . . Tell that to the birds!. . . cheesy
The reason I said you are full of theory.You believe Love is flawless and that you have the power to protect and save.
Who ever claimed of being superman in a relationship! Have you heard the word preventive measures before? My wife is responsible to me, true or false? Or would you claim "Mrs independent" under my own roof too? You are married dammit! cheesy
Well be be prepared for any eventualities.
Eventualities happen irregardless of whatever, but the dangers of the night tips the scale. . . Dont even argue! wink
People like u end up doing crazy things becz the believe nothing can and should go wrong since they put all necessary measures in place to safeguard their relationship only to be disappointed.
If i fail to plan, i have planned to fail! That is why i'll date before marrying, i should have sorted out those issues prior to getting married. If it doesnt suit me, i waka! but then, relationships, especially marriage is about sacrifices! So everyone that puts necessary measures in place to safeguard their relationships, get disappointed? Haha! I'd rather try. . . cool
People in love give each other freedom,they risk,they trust their partners enough and at the same time realise they are humans capable of falling.
They  do not try to Father or Mother each other,
Love doesnt make rush decisions.Its understanding and tolerant.
Marriage is not a dating game.
In a dating game, come home when you like and see if i give a flying rat's arse! When you married, rules change! If you cant bend to some rules, DONT get married! If its her job, i've made myself clear! What else would or should keep a family woman out late at night? Bullshit! This aint father and mother stuff! You are aspiring parents for gawd's sake! Love doesnt make rush decisions.Its understanding and tolerant, and makes reasonable sacrifices that would be beneficial to the couple and the whole family in extension!
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2012
pendo89:

sexkillz needs to sit under some old married men to get tips on reality. Life is not a theory and not all theory works in marriage.
Things are dealt with as they come and at times the word love is never mentioned
I strongly believe if a bullet was aimed at your wife u will dive for cover and disappear in seconds. grin grin

Marry me first and confirm. . . grin
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by MrsChima1(f): 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
sexkillz:

Is this a movie scene? Cos i never made it mandatory for her to come home at a particular time! She knows her responsibilities as a wife, and therefore knows when she should be home! Anything further than that, and i wont tolerate it! Solution will now be to move house or fcck the job! Simple!
I dont have time for permissive marriage! The world has gone too advanced to leave any situation to chance! Do your best and leave the rest! Doesnt mean i dont trust her. . .

A good movie script huh?  grin grin grin grin  

"Onche, your shoe!"   grin grin grin
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

A good movie script huh?  grin grin grin grin  

"Onche, your shoe!"   grin grin grin
Worst movie ever! The writer is discombobulated and needs some serious whooping! tongue
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by MrsChima1(f): 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2012
sexkillz:

Worst movie ever! The writer is discombobulated and needs some serious whooping! tongue

Aww. Come here suga. kiss kiss kiss kiss

Onche loves you. tongue kiss kiss
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^^
Onche your sister? tongue
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Mynd44: 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2012
See as frenemies surround my friend Sexkillz. Make I help am? Nah I would rather watch
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by pendo89(f): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2012
sexkillz:

Is cheating the only fallout of coming home late? Do you or do you not wonder about the kind of frienships he keeps at night? What do you really understand by marriage if i may ask? Cos the kind of responses and permissiveness makes it look as if you are in an open relationship! Yes! But that was not the question was it? I asked you, can a good man get bad or not? Cos you made it sound as if he aint prone to vices, simply because he is a good man!So not tolerating nocturnal activities means i'm suffocating my wife? shocked Not girlfriend o, wife? Yeah right!. . . Tell that to the birds!. . . cheesyWho ever claimed of being superman in a relationship! Have you heard the word preventive measures before? My wife is responsible to me, true or false? Or would you claim "Mrs independent" under my own roof too? You are married dammit! cheesyEventualities happen irregardless of whatever, but the dangers of the night tips the scale. . . Dont even argue! wink
If i fail to plan, i have planned to fail! That is why i'll date before marrying, i should have sorted out those issues prior to getting married. If it doesnt suit me, i waka! but then, relationships, especially marriage is about sacrifices! So everyone that puts necessary measures in place to safeguard their relationships, get disappointed? Haha! I'd rather try. . . coolIn a dating game, come home when you like and see if i give a flying rat's arse! When you married, rules change! If you cant bend to some rules, DONT get married! If its her job, i've made myself clear! What else would or should keep a family woman out late at night? Bullshit! This aint father and mother stuff! You are aspiring parents for gawd's sake! Love doesnt make rush decisions.Its understanding and tolerant, and makes reasonable sacrifices that would be beneficial to the couple and the whole family in extension!

i thought i gave up on this gosh.

Why should I be bothered abt the friends he keeps at night? I cannot control a man. If hes got friends I will know them during the day and if he insists on meeting them at night then its non of my biz. I dont think I married a stranger,so I should be confident or else lose sleep wondering who he s talking to.

There are other fall outs of coming home late. But your solution of quiting job I am not in favour of.

Who is a good man? >The one who puts the interest of his family first regardless of time.Its not the one who is home by 5 pm sharp!!
And both men can turn out bad.

A good positive nocturnal activity/job which puts bread on the table is highly welcomed. Stop making night workers look weird. Seems to me that you cannot marry a doc/nurse/lecturer/flight attendants/people that work in the travel industry plus many many more.
Sexkillz just marry the lady at the village stall next to your house and ul live happily everafter.

Your wife is responsible to u and vv. Responsibility is freedom not control/domination. You owe each other respect and understanding so dont force her to quit if she doesnt want to.  Bt shes your wife so whatever u do its your biz.

Yeah who in their right minds marries without dating? And how many couples that date end up splitting? Its not a safeguard you know.People hide inadequacies during courtship so saying you have planned well is not 100% true. The reason life is a risk.

What keeps a wife out late is her job. If you dont feel comfortable with that make sure you know your wife's career before marrying cz u can't keep asking her to quit all the time or  move houses.

But if you love her too much why not go pick her at her place of work? You can take a bullet for her rem so why worry about crime??
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Mynd44: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2012
I have even given up on this issue. As long as one is an adult, that person is not responsible to no one but his/herself. If my wife comes home late and has a good reason why should I fret? I might get worried cos of the security condition of the country but that's where it ends. Even if an individual come home early, that person might still be bad. Above all I believe communication is the most important thing
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by pendo89(f): 10:48pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^ mature thinking
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2012
pendo89:
i thought i gave up on this gosh.

Why should I be bothered abt the friends he keeps at night?
Because he is your husband, and you care about him!
I cannot control a man. If hes got friends I will know them during the day and if he insists on meeting them at night then its non of my biz. I dont think I married a stranger,so I should be confident or else lose sleep wondering who he s talking to.
We are talking of a man making it a custom of coming home late every night. How long will you put up with that? And when will it become your business? You cannot control a man, but you could influence his decisions!
There are other fall outs of coming home late. But your solution of quiting job I am not in favour of.
Quitting job is the last option! I repeatedly used these words earlier "we can move house, else fcck the job!"

Who is a good man? >The one who puts the interest of his family first regardless of time.Its not the one who is home by 5 pm sharp!!
And both men can turn out bad.
Both men can turn out bad! But which is more preferable? And how would you justify coming home late as being in the best interest of the family?

A good positive nocturnal activity/job which puts bread on the table is highly welcomed. Stop making night workers look weird. Seems to me that you cannot marry a doc/nurse/lecturer/flight attendants/people that work in the travel industry plus many many more.
Nocturnal workers come home in the mornings, and not late at night!. . . Off Point! wink
Sexkillz just marry the lady at the village stall next to your house and ul live happily everafter.

Amen! grin

Your wife is responsible to u and vv. Responsibility is freedom not control/domination. You owe each other respect and understanding so dont force her to quit if she doesnt want to.  Bt shes your wife so whatever u do its your biz.
If she doesnt want to quit? What a farce! What should be more important to a lady? Her family or her job?

Yeah who in their right minds marries without dating? And how many couples that date end up splitting? Its not a safeguard you know.People hide inadequacies during courtship so saying you have planned well is not 100% true. The reason life is a risk.
Planning is better than not planning! No one is perfect, so planning may also not be perfect! Life is a risk, yes! but that statement is what most use to make a pointless point!
What keeps a wife out late is her job. If you dont feel comfortable with that make sure you know your wife's career before marrying cz u can't keep asking her to quit all the time or  move houses.
What if she gets the job after marriage?

But if you love her too much why not go pick her at her place of work? You can take a bullet for her rem so why worry about crime??
That's a good idea too!. . . but for how long will i pick her up? How economical is it? And what about the kids? Take them as long as well?
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mynd_44:

I have even given up on this issue. As long as one is an adult, that person is not responsible to no one but his/herself.
Yeah! Single adults maybe, but married? That is a whole new responsibility! Discard the selfish thinking!
If my wife comes home late and has a good reason why should I fret?
I guess there's a good reason for coming home late at night. . .everyday!
I might get worried cos of the security condition of the country but that's where it ends.
You shouldnt even get worried! Tot you said she is responsible for her self, so why should you care? Lol!
Even if an individual come home early, that person might still be bad. Above all I believe communication is the most important thing
True! But the thread is discussing coming home late in the Night! Not just late!
What is communication, and how is it related to coming home late at Night? You mean phone calls? Lol! grin
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Mynd44: 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2012
Yeah! Single adults maybe, but married?
That is a whole new responsibility!
Discard the selfish thinking!"
And when did you become somene else's prison warden? She is an adult and just because she has decided to spend the rest of her life with you does not mean she is not and individual. Heck even my dog has a mind of her own
"I guess there's a good reason for coming
home late at night. . .everyday!"
If her job demands it yes that is more than enough reason.
"You shouldnt even get worried! Tot you
said she is responsible for her self, so
why should you care? Lol!"
Stop trying to be smart. We even become worried about those who go down the street in this country
"True! But the thread is discussing coming
home late in the Night! Not just late!"
However late it is we are talking about. Here there are alot of issues to consider"
"What is communication, and how is it
related to coming home late at Night?"
Go ask Wikipedia now
"You mean phone calls? Lol!"
Whatever medium you use you both need to sit down, discuss
, and understand each other else you will both seem like strangers. And the medium does not matter if you like you ca bring it on NL and discuss it as long as you both can come to a compromise in the end.
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Ranoscky(m): 1:51am On Jan 12, 2012
Omo mehn, dis sexkilz of a guy ehn, for u to have the time in respondin to all the replies, omo u dey rili try gan oo! Double twaile for u! As for me, I cant tolerate my wife comin home late night err'day. We can settle for a change of house or a change of her job. I want ma kids to have proper 'mother guildiance' EVERY DAY [very important] and NOT just durin some freakin off duty days! Imagine the kids asleep [err'day] even before their mother is back, while she's the one that is supposed to prepare their dinner and put them to bed. WTF! No much time to play/be with the kids in the mornin cos they'll be preparin for school [would have loved the idea of goin to pick up my wife after work, but I'll definitely be the one to pick up ma kids from school when comin back from work, so NO fu€kin time to go and pick up my wife, afterwards]. And at night, before she's back, the kids have already gone to bed. NEVER!! That wont work under my roof! If she disregard my options and stil insist, then I'll jejely ask her to go back to her father's house to continue her 'late night comin' job over there. She can come visitin durin wkends and stay with the kids [ya, thaz COOL with me!] Or forget about the marraige entirely, and call it quit [then marry her job afterwards]!

What FOOLishness!
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by MrsChima1(f): 1:53am On Jan 12, 2012
Pendo Sis

You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make it swallow.   wink Rest your beautiful fingers and come see the babies on Nairaland's Cutest Baby Contest thread. The babies are just lovely and we need to get you ready for one. tongue
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Mynd44: 6:23am On Jan 12, 2012
*this thread is exhausting*
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by pendo89(f): 6:31am On Jan 12, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Pendo Sis

You can lead the horse to water, but you can't make it swallow.   wink  Rest your beautiful fingers and come see the babies on Nairaland's Cutest Baby Contest thread.  The babies are just lovely and we need to get you ready for one.   tongue

oops! too late. I am watching my two lovely boys grow now while still in my youth. smiley
checking out 'Amya's baby pic. Pretty blue eyes.
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Cuddlemii: 7:01am On Jan 12, 2012
How many rules do you as an individual want to adhere to in a relationship. So many laid down guidelines, process and structure. Can't two lovers just have an understanding & be happy without having a terminology for every event.

By the time you set the permissions, like, "don't come back late, don't eat outside, don't wear knee length skirt, don't do this hair style, on Saturdays its rice, on Mondays this, on Saturday that". Then, there are bound to be malfunctions here and there.

Even the computer needs rest and a little compromise, like, you have to clean it, leave it in a cool environment etc.

You need trust, wisdom, knowledge and understanding to survive a relationship. If my partner keeps late nights, I will tolerate it because coming back early doesn't determine if he is a saint or not, what can be done at night can even be done better with sunlight so who are we deceiving. Na today!

The only disadvantage of late night is just safety and security. Although its not too good for a lady to keep late nights but if its necessary like she works in the bank or something, then its ok. Her hubby can always pick her up just to have his mind at rest. I wont mind keeping late nights once in a while with my hubby because I wanna explore that part of life with him, I won't want him making excuses that he has a seminar or vigil or meeting in one state just because he is afraid to tell me he wants to hang out with his friends at night. Relationship is about management & compromise.
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 12, 2012
Ranoscky:

Omo mehn, dis sexkilz of a guy ehn, for u to have the time in respondin to all the replies, omo u dey rili try gan oo! Double twaile for u! As for me, I cant tolerate my wife comin home late night err'day. We can settle for a change of house or a change of her job. I want ma kids to have proper 'mother guildiance' EVERY DAY [very important] and NOT just durin some freakin off duty days! Imagine the kids asleep [err'day] even before their mother is back, while she's the one that is supposed to prepare their dinner and put them to bed. WTF! No much time to play/be with the kids in the mornin cos they'll be preparin for school [would have loved the idea of goin to pick up my wife after work, but I'll definitely be the one to pick up ma kids from school when comin back from work, so NO fu€kin time to go and pick up my wife, afterwards]. And at night, before she's back, the kids have already gone to bed. NEVER!! That wont work under my roof! If she disregard my options and stil insist, then I'll jejely ask her to go back to her father's house to continue her 'late night comin' job over there. She can come visitin durin wkends and stay with the kids [ya, thaz COOL with me!] Or forget about the marraige entirely, and call it quit [then marry her job afterwards]!

What FOOLishness!
It's either her Job or her Family! That one no hard to choose! It's the quintessentially st[i]u[/i]pid wife that will choose her Job over her family! grin grin grin
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Mynd44: 9:32am On Jan 12, 2012
I am done arguing this topic.
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 12, 2012
^^^
Good Night! cheesy
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by pendo89(f): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2012
sexkillz:

It's either her Job or her Family! That one no hard to choose! It's the quintessentially st[i]u[/i]pid wife that will choose her Job over her family! grin grin grin

You got a loong long way to go killz.  No sane married woman with kids will sacrifice her family for her job!!

Next her coming home early is not a sign of her true devotion to family,neither is her coming late. Mrs sexkillz will come early cz she dreads the consequences.

Do you know the number of  irresponsible/carefree women who come home early everyday?

Sexkillz wake up from slumber! What makes you think that a wife who is supposedly the bread winner will quit her night job because the struggling or jobless hubby wants her home at 7 ? And which sane jobless/struggling man will demand that his wife quit her job in order to be home by 7 because he loves her too much?? Sexkillz everybody is trying to make ends meet and 2 incomes are better than one. Love is also responsible and responsibility means being able to provide well for ur household.
She's not prostituting 4 christ' sake but working to bring food home or supplement the family's income. And if you doubt her then you got trust issues and you are better of without her!.

If the hubby is rich that's a different game but rem what I said, some people derive satisfaction from working and keeping busy.Income is not the driving factor. Now pray that you dont land yourself such a wife cz ul never force her to quit.

The whole issue of insecurity I understand based on where one is located but some places have proper security and most companies who's staff work late into the night provide transport. And even if they dont I doubt any good company would send staff home late when they know that transport is an issue.
(We are just assuming that its work keepin her out late not friends.)

Sexkillz puppy love doesn't work in marriage. In marriage people practice dog/tough love.That means accomodating what we dislike as long as they don't go against the values we treasure.
Some of the things we may dislike include a wife working late but tolerating her and both of you agreeing to work around it till she gets a day job if you prefer.
What are u gonna do if she wears a hairstyle u dislike yet she believes its fashionable? Cut of her hair and burn her wigs??
If your child is getting bullied by the neighbourhood kids will you move house?  What if he performs poorly will you change schools??

I will tell smthing. Many tough situations in life come to make us strong.They are platforms to greater challenges so quiters never make it.
You can tolerate some bullshit cz it will teach you a good lesson and make u strong.I am not talking about compromise but tolerance.

That word you like using called 'quit' doesn't work that easy in marriage set up. Its easier said than done. Go talk to married peeps and let them tell u  how the world we live in sometimes puts pressure on marriage but instead of quiting all the time they devise ways of dealing with it.

I told you that some dating principles work only for a dating couple.You can quit while dating but u tolerate some(not life threatening poo) in marriage.
Your reasoning is somewhat skewed cz u believe love is the remedy to all things.

If I love her I can take a bullet for her,I can ask her to quit her job,I can ask her to give me 7 kids,I can ask her to wear only what I choose and cook what I want.

Love is great but love without wisdom makes men and women behave silly.

** I throw a bomb on thread** grin grin
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
pendo89:

You got a loong long way to go killz.  No sane married woman with kids will sacrifice her family for her job!!
Thank you! You are getting it now! Any other excuse you give is a fallacy! grin

Next her coming home early is not a sign of her true devotion to family,neither is her coming late. Mrs sexkillz will come early cz she dreads the consequences.
Mrs sexkillz will come home early not because she dreads the consequences, but because she knows that it is wrong for a married woman with kids to come home late in th night everyday! Meanwhile, she expects a degree of reasonableness from mr sexkillz, just as he expects of her! She realizes Mr sexkillz is not suffocating her, but that their family well being is more important than the selfish inclinations of either her, or Mr sexkillz, her husband! cheesy
Do you know the number of  irresponsible/carefree women who come home early everyday?
Yes! But the number of irresponsible/carefree women who come home late everyday, is worse! wink
Sexkillz wake up from slumber! What makes you think that a wife who is supposedly the bread winner will quit her night job because the struggling or jobless hubby wants her home at 7 ?
And again, ladies who work night jobs do not come home late at night, but rather, early in the mornings!. . . Off Point! cheesy
And which sane jobless/struggling man will demand that his wife quit her job in order to be home by 7 because he loves her too much??
Off Point! We are talking coming home late at night! Most jobs close before 6 Pm! What is she doing after then? And what if the man is not jobless or struggling? Even if he was, so you'll justify your coming home late because you are the breadwinner? Bull what? Bullshit! cheesy Even if you dont love your husband, you hate your kids as well?

Sexkillz everybody is trying to make ends meet and 2 incomes are better than one. Love is also responsible and responsibility means being able to provide well for your household.
So because we want to provide well for our household, we should come home late at night? Ok! Fine! I'll come home by 1 am, and she'll come home by 1:05 am! I love such provisions! Fcck the kids and their needs, afterall they need all the income we can make for them. . . Really? undecided
She's not prostituting 4 christ' sake but working to bring food home or supplement the family's income. And if you doubt her then you got trust issues and you are better of without her!.
Trust issues? When does she close from work? What else would she be doing after working hours? She is not prostituting but what is she doing? The idea of a lady leaving home at 6 am, resumes work by 8 am and then works till late in the night, does not sound realistic one miserable bit! Fcck that job mehn!. . .
If the hubby is rich that's a different game but rem what I said, some people derive satisfaction from working and keeping busy.Income is not the driving factor. Now pray that you dont land yourself such a wife cz ul never force her to quit.
So at the risk of your family's well being, you want to work, and come home late for the fun of it? Jeeeesus Christ! angry
The whole issue of insecurity I understand based on where one is located but some places have proper security and most companies who's staff work late into the night provide transport. And even if they dont I doubt any good company would send staff home late when they know that transport is an issue.
(We are just assuming that its work keepin her out late not friends.)
Ask your self how long you will keep working under such conditions. How long will you keep worrying about your own security? Dont you know late home comers are usually the target? Are you implying that the company bus would drop you off in front of your house, making sure you are safe? And if they dont send you home, will they mandate you to be there in the morning? if that's the case, do you go home at all? Now, what kind of horrendously st[i]u[/i]pid job is that? Is income all that matters?

Sexkillz puppy love doesn't work in marriage. In marriage people practice dog/tough love.That means accomodating what we dislike as long as they don't go against the values we treasure.
I dont value nor treasure senseless nocturnal activities, especially from a married woman! if you are single, fine! Knock yourself out!
Some of the things we may dislike include a wife working late but tolerating her and both of you agreeing to work around it till she gets a day job if you prefer.
If you treasure that with your hubby, Mrs sexkillz doesnt even treasure it herself! So where did that come from?
What are u gonna do if she wears a hairstyle u dislike yet she believes its fashionable? Cut of her hair and burn her wigs??
Off point! grin
If your child is getting bullied by the neighbourhood kids will you move house?  What if he performs poorly will you change schools??
Off point! grin

I will tell smthing. Many tough situations in life come to make us strong.They are platforms to greater challenges so quiters never make it.
Not late Night challenges. . . We dont want! grin
You can tolerate some bullshit cz it will teach you a good lesson and make u strong.I am not talking about compromise but tolerance.
Tolerating late night activities? NEVER!
That word you like using called 'quit' doesn't work that easy in marriage set up. Its easier said than done. Go talk to married peeps and let them tell u  how the world we live in sometimes puts pressure on marriage but instead of quiting all the time they devise ways of dealing with it.
Ways like what? What ways? And you keep hammering on Jobs Jobs Jobs! Is it a Job alone that would make a woman come home late? The thread is about coming home late at Night, and i wont tolerate that! Are you trying to do what exactly? prove to me that Coming home late for a woman is ok, and should be emulated? BULLSHIT! cheesy
I told you that some dating principles work only for a dating couple.You can quit while dating but u tolerate some(not life threatening poo) in marriage.
Never will i tolerate late night activities. . . jobs or whatever nonsense!
Your reasoning is somewhat skewed cz u believe love is the remedy to all things.
Not Just love. . . But the application of commonsense, and love!

If I love her I can take a bullet for her,I can ask her to quit her job,I can ask her to give me 7 kids,I can ask her to wear only what I choose and cook what I want.
Who said all that? Are you trying to put words in my mouth? Trying to make a pointless point? 7 kids? Haha! You are funny!

Love is great but love without wisdom makes men and women behave silly.
By tolerating bullshit!. . . I get you! wink

** I throw a bomb on thread** grin grin
**Diffuses Bomb! grin grin**
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by MrsChima1(f): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2012
pendo89:

oops! too late. I am watching my two lovely boys grow now while still in my youth. smiley
checking out 'Amya's baby pic. Pretty blue eyes.

Blue eyes are okay. Hazel green, violet, and gray colors are rare and work of art. The baby is adorable and I am sure your boys are heartbreakers! wink
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by pendo89(f): 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ sexkillz

This is my last post on this thread. angry

Several things can make a partner come home late and job is one of them. You have not asked why we are sticking to job even though the op never specified it? Al tell u why. Its cz as far as am concerned its the only genuine reason a partner can give for coming late everyday.
Any other excuse is vain but note I said 'everyday'.

There's one department where I work called the declaration department.They are always the last to leave because of deadlines plus the work is just too much.
The co pays for their taxi and they leave office even at 9 pm when work is too much. The industry I work for operates 24/7 cz planes operate on scheduled time,clients may be late in getting docs ready,lack of space in planes and goods must go cz you assured the flower farmer his roses will be in Amsterdam for auction by 10 am the following day!!  plus day staff cannot leave work undone till the night staff arrive to pick up.
You cannot rule out delays cz we drive on roads and anything can happen.
That staff must make sure everything is in order before she/he calls it a day!! Time becomes irrelevant in such instances.

Now these declaration guys some female married and with kids are dropped at their doorsteps if they work late into the night.They get paid extra allowance for that.
You know what? I have never heard any complain and none has quit job over that. And they still manage stable families.

When I talk about late I am not talking of night shift workers who go home at 6 am.I am talking about that Flight attendant whose plane lands at 10 pm in his own countryand he/she must go home. The airline provides transport 24/7 for such staff.
And what about the lecturer and his evening classes? There are married people studying after work no? and they need a lecturer no?? If the classes begin at 7 pm to end at 9 pm where do they go?? No according to killz they must quit.
Some shopping malls close at 9 pm.They are full of lady cashiers and attendants.What happens to them? sexkillz insists they must quit!

Think worldwide plus many other careers too. Some partners work 2/3 jobs to make ends meet. After the normal day job they go work an extra 2 hours to boost income. Get rid of hacienda mentality

Yeah I know extra income is bullshiotology to you cz you only need love to survive!!! undecided

My other examples (those u say are offpoint) were in ref to your 'quitology theory'. Life doenst work like that is my 2 cent advise to u.
I would however wish to point this one out.I don't support both partners coming in home late esp where kids are involved.
In such a case on must sacrifice and there's has been a thread on that before.

My final advise to you. Make sure you sexkillz can tolerate your wife's career before you say I do. Make sure her career will never land her a night job or make her work late.

@ chima .
oh yeah they are. Am teaching them how to respect gals.They are in the 'I hate gals stage'

**nuclear bomb now*
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Mynd44: 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
^^^
Thread closed
Re: Would U Tolerate A Partner That Comes Home Late In The Night? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
pendo89:

@ sexkillz

This is my last post on this thread. angry
Likewise me! If you reply me again, monkey go born 12 for you! angry angry

Several things can make a partner come home late and job is one of them. You have not asked why we are sticking to job even though the op never specified it? Al tell u why. Its cz as far as am concerned its the only genuine reason a partner can give for coming late everyday.
Any other excuse is vain but note I said 'everyday'.
If a job is the only genuine reason for coming late, and it's a concern to your husband, you will do want you want, because you feel you are independent? And family life revolves around only you, and you feel your husband should understand that? If you pendo89 can categorically state to me, that you have not seen where a man or a woman makes the sacrifice of losing his/her job for a less paying one because of his/her family, then i'll say you've not seen it all! Pls come to Nigeria let me show you, and maybe, just maybe, you can witness "sacrifice", firsthand! smiley

There's one department where I work called the declaration department.They are always the last to leave because of deadlines plus the work is just too much.
The co pays for their taxi and they leave office even at 9 pm when work is too much. The industry I work for operates 24/7 cz planes operate on scheduled time,clients may be late in getting docs ready,lack of space in planes and goods must go cz you assured the flower farmer his roses will be in Amsterdam for auction by 10 am the following day!!  plus day staff cannot leave work undone till the night staff arrive to pick up.
You cannot rule out delays cz we drive on roads and anything can happen.
That staff must make sure everything is in order before she/he calls it a day!! Time becomes irrelevant in such instances.
*Is it every staff in that department that are married?
*Is it all married ones that'll get to work in the declaration department?
*Must she work in the declaration department?

Now these declaration guys some female married and with kids are dropped at their doorsteps if they work late into the night.They get paid extra allowance for that.
You know what? I have never heard any complain and none has quit job over that. And they still manage stable families.
*Have you bothered to find out the distance to their homes?
*Do they live with their husbands?
*Are they single parent families?
*You've not heard them complain, does that meant they dont complain?

When I talk about late I am not talking of night shift workers who go home at 6 am.I am talking about that Flight attendant whose plane lands at 10 pm in his own countryand he/she must go home. The airline provides transport 24/7 for such staff.
Who says Mrs sexkillz is a flight attendant? I dont even like that job by the way, so that's off for me!
And what about the lecturer and his evening classes? There are married people studying after work no? and they need a lecturer no?? If the classes begin at 7 pm to end at 9 pm where do they go?? No according to killz they must quit.
Did you say 7 - 9 pm? Did you not see in the last page where i said that lateness to me is from 9:30? Are the classes everyday? What is the distance of the home from the office and school? Did you not consider that too?
Some shopping malls close at 9 pm.They are full of lady cashiers and attendants.What happens to them? sexkillz insists they must quit!
How many shopping mall attendants are married? What about malls that maintain a "No married lady" policy?
Wait a minute! In order to prove your point, mrs sexkillz is becoming everything to you? angry

Think worldwide plus many other careers too. Some partners work 2/3 jobs to make ends meet. After the normal day job they go work an extra 2 hours to boost income. Get rid of hacienda mentality
Does it apply to "all" married people? Does it apply to Mrs sexkillz? And again, what is the distance from place of work? Like i said earlier, we either move house else, fcck the job! wink

Yeah I know extra income is bullshiotology to you cz you only need love to survive!!! undecided
So extra income over your family? Yeah right!

My other examples (those u say are offpoint) were in ref to your 'quitology theory'. Life doenst work like that is my 2 cent advise to u.
I would however wish to point this one out.I don't support both partners coming in home late esp where kids are involved.
In such a case on must sacrifice and there's has been a thread on that before.
No you should? Why are you rescinding? You said you will allow your husband come home late cos you dont care, and you have been trying to prove to me why i should not care if my wife comes home late! Now imagine Mr & Mrs Pendo Sexkillz!. . . What a happy family! undecided

My final advise to you. Make sure you sexkillz can tolerate your wife's career before you say I do. Make sure her career will never land her a night job or make her work late.
I have been saying this since, it's like you no dey read my reply sha! During dating, if it doesnt favor me, i waka! I said so earlier, didnt I?
Late night will NEVER be tolerable to me! cool cool

**Dont reply me again o!* angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Cries Out On Twitter After Having The Best Sex Of Her Life / / Man Calls Out Lady For Failing To Visit Him After Booking A Flight (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.