Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,519 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK (7310 Views)

Poll: Is Nigeria safer than the UK, really?

Nigeria is safer: 27% (26 votes)
The UK is safer: 72% (68 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Is Safer Than Most Developing Countries / My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman / Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 21, 2007
@ alabiyemmi

At least the British are meticulous enough to keep records that you can then show off here as claims that Nigeria is much safer than the UK. Can we get the records for the number of Nigerian deaths ON OUR UNMOTORABLE ROADS ALONE  for the year 2006?

If we were to list every single death that occured in Nigeria on this thread, even the devil will refuse to live in Nigeria.

It is easy to say terrorists are not attacking Nigeria, of course it is because the terrorists don't even think we are people they need to bother. After seeing pictures of kids with kwashiokor bellies even a suicide bomber will think twice about blowing himself up in Oshodi.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 6:25am On Oct 21, 2007
davidylan:

@ alabiyemmi

At least the British are meticulous enough to keep records that you can then show off here as claims that Nigeria is much safer than the UK. Can we get the records for the number of Nigerian deaths ON OUR UNMOTORABLE ROADS ALONE for grin the year 2006?

If we were to list every single death that occured in Nigeria on this thread, no one will ever want to live in Nigeria ever.

It is easy to say terrorists are not attacking Nigeria, of course it is because the terrorists don't even think we are people they need to bother. After seeing pictures of kids with kwashiokor bellies even a suicide bomber will think twice about blowing himself up in Oshodi.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I think my belly just burst open!

Gosh!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2007
@ labiyemmy
@labiyemmy:

no where is safe - in the last 10 months of this year in the UK - there had been cases of gun/knife murders of underage children by underage children - black to black - white to white - there had been numerous cases of heist at banks, jewellery shops, bullion vans, etc/ Two months ago - a Ghanian doctor was killed in her own car on her way to work and right in fron of her house - the killers are yet to be caught -  every day i go on the streets of London - i see police inscriptions reporting the location of an attempted murder or murder outrightly - i see on the streets where flowers are laid at locations where someone has been shot - at open streets you see police insigna asking for help in solving a murder - people get killed on the bus, stabbed or shot - two months ago, a Nigerian/British boxer was shot at a night club for asking some folks to obey the no smoking law - every day i watch crime fighters and see different types of crimes on a daily basis - last year - a man killed five prostitutes in Norfolk - this year - a man killed a mother and two children, this year, a Mum killed her own daughter - how many do you want to count or report. Do you know why people walk with their heads straight on the streets of UK? because they don't know who is carrying a gun - a knife or a weapon like that.

People get stabbed for merely looking at each other offensively - common - hook up to SKY news daily and see if a day passes without a report of someone killed, stabbed or mugged. Nigeria may not be as safe - but please don't glorify the UK as if its crime free and Nigeria is the only crime prone country.

This year - a call was made to the youths to hand over the weapons they have - knife/guns - did you know how many was recovered? In terms of the terrorist issues  Nigeria is still safe - how many attempted bombings of tube and airports and night clubs have been reported in London alone this year? Can you count? It sure s a lot. My brother - to say London is safe is saying what is not it.

Someone said there is no case armed robbers dressing as police in the UK, that is a big lie - there are numerous cases reported like that - how many police men had been murdered in the UK in this year alone - common - face the truth. I live in London and park my car on the road - on two occassions in a year, my car had been vandalised, broken into, comon - face the fact.

Talk about children getting loss - talk about prostitution - u get prostitutes for pennies in the UK - talk about drugs- openly and discreetly - talk about underage sex, pregnancies and abortion - talk about armed robbery - its reported daily in the UK - u will be living in deception if you think the scale is not the same as it is in Nigeria - or worse. People steal anything to fuel their drug problem - hey - its all there. Go to clubs and pubs and bars - are there no fights daily, are their no drunkards daily on the street ready to fight you and viciously attack?

And worse still - the things your Nja brothers do i the UK will scare you - credt card fraud - stealing - robbery - etc. Well - u will be afraid when the polce tells you these statistics.

Now you understand why you are a mugun?

You are indeed the epitome of ignorance and the foundation on which nairaland imbeciles thrive  on. Can you truly go to any Nigerian cyber cafe and sit down comfortably to browse without watching your back that EFCC will come to raid the cafe as you are all yahoo yahoo boys?

Can you confidently state take your car and drive on Nigerian roads without getting a single pot-hole? Why is that houses are built in Nigeria as similar to kirikiri prisons? Is that what you call be safe?

How do the Niger-Delta militants have high tec war equipments, and Nigerian soldiers are not able to subdue them? Does that not indicate that something is wrong with the nation somewhere?

Why is this maxim well noted with NIgeria, if you can drive in Lagos, you can drive anywhere in the world, andd yet Nigerians come to UK and fail driving test woefully! Do you think we ever get anything rightly done in Nigeria?

Can we confidently state our air coffins (aeroplanes) are now in good working condition? Why do we not have national air carriers? Can you count the number of lives that has been lost due to Air crash disasters? Do you know how to reason at all?

I have to told you, if you are frustrated with the UK, go back home! Stop running around from one city to the other.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 8:25am On Oct 21, 2007
@ almondjoy,
I will be quietly waiting for the mongrel to step out of his cage and as usual display his madness and rage as if we are the cause of his frustration.

As for his other dog partner, it is none existent in my list of replies. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 9:28am On Oct 21, 2007
mrpataki:

@ labiyemmy
You are indeed the epitome of ignorance and the foundation on which nairaland imbeciles thrive  on. Can you truly go to any Nigerian cyber cafe and sit down comfortably to browse without watching your back that EFCC will come to raid the cafe as you are all yahoo yahoo boys?

Can you confidently state take your car and drive on Nigerian roads without getting a single pot-hole? Why is that houses are built in Nigeria as similar to kirikiri prisons? Is that what you call be safe?

How do the Niger-Delta militants have high tec war equipments, and Nigerian soldiers are not able to subdue them? Does that not indicate that something is wrong with the nation somewhere?

Why is this maxim well noted with NIgeria, if you can drive in Lagos, you can drive anywhere in the world, andd yet Nigerians come to UK and fail driving test woefully! Do you think we ever get anything rightly done in Nigeria?

Can we confidently state our air coffins (aeroplanes) are now in good working condition? Why do we not have national air carriers? Can you count the number of lives that has been lost due to Air crash disasters? Do you know how to reason at all?

I have to told you, if you are frustrated with the UK, go back home! Stop running around from one city to the other.

Chai! If na me be this dude--I go run comot for Nairaland! cheesy  I think all you mentioned here in no tongue-twisting fashion can be tied to the basis of all of Dr. Watson's theory! tongue  See Why I said we do not need research to tell us what or whom we are? cry

Uncle Laffy Taffy---- I think you have a YIM oh! cheesy

Your mouth bad oh! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

mrpataki:

@ almondjoy,
I will be quietly waiting for the mongrel to step out of his cage and as usual display his madness and rage as if we are the cause of his frustration.

As for his other dog partner, it is none existent in my list of replies. cheesy

Kai!  Na so you be? You certainly have gone "postal" on your friends here.  Please easy oh!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmm------N-joy, I think he speaketh of thee!   Happy Sunday oh! grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 21, 2007
almondjoy:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmm------N-joy, I think he speaketh of thee! Happy Sunday oh! grin

allow her to N-joy her sunday abeg
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 21, 2007
What a thread! Nigeria safe! A country where the police force - who incidentally are meant to reassure you, are the animals you fear most!  grin

A country where you're probably best off driving a Sherman tank, at least, the robbers in uniform are likely to penetrate its armour with their slugs!  grin  grin  grin

If the UK's that unsafe, then I must be living a charmed life - I've lived here for 27 years, and haven't been robbed, harrassed, hijacked yet!

The few years I spent in Nigeria, at least the last few, were amongst the scariest I can remember, "police" checkpoints, rough demands for bribes, being threatened by loaded guns. Yes, I felt very safe!

Never again, will I subject myself to such an existence.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2007
Sorry Nairalanders, is N-Joy none other than my good friend Chichi81? grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 12:23pm On Oct 21, 2007
As usual - silence is the best answer for fools - fools and dogs knows themselves - let the first one talk further.

You will be where I am now in the next 50 years of yor life - if you make it to live that long - so - no need to talk with you -

You are not up to the degree holders and Masters graduate employed down in my organisation at home - so - no need to talk with you.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by fakedavid: 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2007
@Labiyemmy

why wasting time on them? you'll be surprised when you find out who they are - just stay online and see how we fry their head right to the FBI - davidylan to start with -

u don't have to talk with them - don't you know one of them is frustrated because of his HIV status?

wait until we expose them one by one.

you wonder why they spend all their ime on Nairaland? they dont have a life -

Mr Pataki is HIV - almond joy is mental case just like Davidylan - wait till they are exposed.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked

No wonder - why waste me breathe on them MUGUNS? wow - u mean they need help?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2007
@labiyemmy:

As usual - silence is the best answer for fools - fools and dogs knows themselves - let the first one talk further.

You will be where I am now in the next 50 years of yor life - if you make it to live that long - so - no need to talk with you -

You are not up to the degree holders and Masters graduate employed down in my organisation at home - so - no need to talk with you.

And, a typical Nigerian response. If a point of view differs, then out comes the abuse. And yet, Nigerians are the first to moan about lack of democracy in Nigeria! Well, this is just an internet forum, with a friendly debate, over very minor issues, yet democracy or freedom of expression doesn't exist here! How on earth can it exist in Nigerian politics, where life-changing decisions are to be made?  undecided

Folk often conclude that the average Nigerian is rude and arrogant, and each time the average Nigerian reinforces that belief.

By the highlighted statement above, I take it you only talk to degree holders? Blimey! There will be a lot of folk beneath you then!

I did not insult anyone in my response, but you choose to do so, from your posts, I've always thought you were one of the smart ones.

Good luck, and enjoy your degree.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Njoy1(f): 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2007
awwww

"Labiyemmy

why are you wasting your time with these "MUGUNS" like you called them? they remain muguns in my opinion, so dont even loose any hair because of them.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2007
@ his_grace: It's a general response, he doesn't have to be addressing me directly, but to suggest non-degree holders are beneath him as a degree holder is wrong.

@ labiyemmy: Lighten up, not everyone's as fortunate as you are. A degree does not make me better than my fellow Nigerians, wherever they may reside. What's more important is how I interract with them.

And that's not insulting folk with views different to mine, we can't all agree on the same things.

It's called "Respect for Diversity".
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Njoy1(f): 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2007
@Siena

Did you read his post very well?

He says you are not up to the people he employs in his company down at home in Nigeria -

This just shows what someone has said before - muguns - no wonder he claims you are muguns - you cant read and understand.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 21, 2007
Siena:

@ his_grace: It's a general response, he doesn't have to be addressing me directly, but to suggest non-degree holders are beneath him as a degree holder is wrong.

@ labiyemmy: Lighten up, not everyone's as fortunate as you are. A degree does not make me better than my fellow Nigerians, wherever they may reside. What's more important is how I interract with them.

And that's not insulting folk with views different to mine, we can't all agree on the same things.

It's called "Respect for Diversity".

No wonder why you and others are called MUGUNS - cant read and understand - did you read the post very well before you start yabbing?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2007
@labiyemmy:

It is only in Nigeria that you will see goats claiming rights to owning a yeye company. Dont let me get on the private company issues in Nigeria. We all know no goat owned company pays taxes in Nigeria.

I did not even ask what you do. I only seeked for answers to your claim about the UK. You are really suffering from inferiority complex.

We all know no company pays tax.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2007
mrpataki:

It is only in Nigeria that you will see goats claiming rights to owning a yeye company. Dont let me get on the private company issues in Nigeria. We all know no goat owned company pays taxes in Nigeria.

I did not even ask what you do. I only seeked for answers to your claim about the UK. You are really suffering from inferiority complex.

See how someone thinks - if you need a job - in London - in Lagos or in New York - I can give you one - clean my office daily.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by fakedavid: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2007
mrpataki:

Yeye - somebody say im old pass you - u say na by only one day - wetin that one mean - tax or no tax? weather goat o or lion - the guy say him gey company - u say company no dey pay tax - wetin u dey do for where u dey - clean tables or something?

yeye replies as usual -

@labiyemmy - why bother with these goons?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Njoy1(f): 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2007
davidyland@yahoo.com:

Yeye - somebody say im old pass you - u say na by only one day - wetin that one mean - tax or no tax? weather goat o or lion - the guy say him gey company - u say company no dey pay tax - wetin u dey do for where u dey - clean tables or something?

yeye replies as usual -

@labiyemmy - why bother with these goons?

I wonder,
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2007
@labiyemmy:

See how someone thinks - if you need a job - in London - in Lagos or in New York - I can give you one - clean my office daily.

grin grin
Guy sitting behind that computer in a cyber cafe for Oshodi, claiming a life you are not. Who gives you money for browsing? Oh maga don pay you abi. cheesy

Life is more than y-y runs oh, yet you come on the travel section with different nairaland names seeking for UK immigration advice.

You are a pratical waste of time for intellectual discourse.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Njoy1(f): 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2007
"MrPataki

dem say u get HIV, na true?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Ollie39: 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2007
Is this person for real or are they pulling our legs? There is absolutely no camparison.  While I love my country - the comparison in terms of saftey should have been - Nigeria VS Iraq. sad sad
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Ollie39: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2007
"Within one year of coming to London i have been burgled 3 times ( don't think i live in peckham or newscross or abbeywood or  oldkent or walworthroad) i live in surrey (if u knw what i mean)."

So whats wrong with the above areas? You think Surrey is posher than the above or don't have a high crime rate. The fact is that there is no part of greater London and beyond that does not have its fair share of crime. It might be higher is some areas becausue of a concentration of the age group that is more likely than not to engage in crime.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2007
Siena:

And, a typical Nigerian response. If a point of view differs, then out comes the abuse. And yet, Nigerians are the first to moan about lack of democracy in Nigeria! Well, this is just an internet forum, with a friendly debate, over very minor issues, yet democracy or freedom of expression doesn't exist here! How on earth can it exist in Nigerian politics, where life-changing decisions are to be made?  undecided

Folk often conclude that the average Nigerian is rude and arrogant, and each time the average Nigerian reinforces that belief.

By the highlighted statement above, I take it you only talk to degree holders? Blimey! There will be a lot of folk beneath you then!

I did not insult anyone in my response, but you choose to do so, from your posts, I've always thought you were one of the smart ones.

Good luck, and enjoy your degree.

Hi Siena!  How come you only show up when UK is mentioned against Nigeria? Please be prepared to fight till you drop here.  Be ready to show your "Idumota and Alaba" sides combined.  Welcome to the political section.

What degree? shocked  Ojuelegba degree in madness?

Of course N-Joy is Chichi81! cheesy  Can't you tell?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2007
My stomach is seriously aching! I do not know whose post to laff more at. I think I will watch for now. This thread has turned into a full scale free for all yabbies session! Even ghosts are present to cast out demons from themselves. Laffing so hard I think I might just pass out. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2007
mrpataki:

Heh! grin cheesy grin grin grin

N-joy:

"MrPataki

them say u get HIV, na true?

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

And I am in the "kolomental" dept with davidylan according to the "yahoo" ghost!

cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Ollie39:

"Within one year of coming to London i have been burgled 3 times ( don't think i live in peckham or newscross or abbeywood or  oldkent or walworthroad) i live in surrey (if u know what i mean). "

So whats wrong with the above areas? You think Surrey is posher than the above or don't have a high crime rate. The fact is that there is no part of greater London and beyond that does not have its fair share of crime. It might be higher is some areas because of a concentration of the age group that is more likely than not to engage in crime.

Are you quoting someone else in your green words or is this your personal experience? undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2007
Almond, it's a crazy world, yes!  grin

And yes, I realise N-Joy is none other than my dear friend, Chichi!  grin Lovely girl too!  cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2007
Siena:

Almond, it's a crazy world, yes!  grin

And yes, I realise N-Joy is none other than my dear friend, Chichi!  grin[b] Lovely girl too![/b]  cheesy

I am so jealous! tongue  The babe is nuts! She reminds me of a certain TOH that jumps in the middle of a thread from no where and starts forming small cliques to attack others.  Watch the same M.O. No contribution to the topic but looking for someone whose head will break off the shoulders!  Gosh!  She has now aligned with that old dude and the ghost to start some kind of war here. Just watch her and see.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2007
Wetin them no go talk of mrpataki undecided

Say, He dey feel like important person cheesy, now na say he be HIV person grin grin

Say He religious bigot, grin Say he too know know tongue

The principal of nairaland imbeciles says I should come and pick job in his imaginary companies. I live in realities not fantasies.

This another of their malady again. grin Keep hitting your head against the rock for the sake of mrpataki. I never take the words of ''im-be-ci-lays'' serious. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2007
mrpataki:

Wetin them no go talk of mrpataki undecided

Say, He dey feel like important person cheesy, now na say he be HIV person grin grin

Say He religious bigot, grin Say he too know know tongue

The principal of nairaland imbeciles says I should come and pick job in his imaginary companies. I live in realities not fantasies.

This another of their malady again. grin Keep hitting your head against the rock for the sake of mrpataki. I never take the words of ''im-be-ci-lays'' serious. cheesy

Na you get this thread oh!  cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin You owe them?  Abeg pay up oh! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2007
@ labiyemmy,
I gave you points to show how your postulations is a complete package of nonsense. I am still awaiting your intellectual response if you got any.

Your barkings of silence is the best for a fool is something I have since thrown away since my kindergarten days. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Calls APC All Progressives Confidence.... Is This Man For Real? / I Heard That Biafrans Are Protesting In Aba Right Now / FG To Complete 21 Dams, Irrigation Projects By 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.