Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK (7309 Views)

Poll: Is Nigeria safer than the UK, really?

Nigeria is safer: 27% (26 votes)
The UK is safer: 72% (68 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Is Safer Than Most Developing Countries / My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman / Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Etin(f): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2007
Cool4ny

Within one year of coming to London i have been burgled 3 times ( don't think i live in peckham or newscross or abbeywood or oldkent or walworthroad) i live in surrey (if u knw what i mean). The crime in London is very very high and all these young kids believe they can do whatever they like. In Nigeria, them no born u make u insult elder, in London it is normal thing.

Hi Cool4ny let get some facts straight no speed reading. The above is what you said and my response to that was :

If on the other hand you live in one of the posh areas Surrey then I'll would say you are just plain unlucky you might need special prayers!!!

@Cool4ny

If you think i need prayer living a posh area, u must be sick. I have paid my dues and i am proud to be one of the Nigerians living large in UK [/b]and i am not sorry if you are living in peckham or east street.

Prayer in question is what I would recommend to anyone who lives in a good neighbourhood and has been attached 3 times in one year. You must agree that's a very high! It a pity you are experiencing all that in Surrey. Its usually very safe ( Have lived in Surrey for 4+ years now) what a shame ,

You have paid 'your dues' good for you but do relax on the abusive words we don't have to agree. You know I am not sick otherwise what would that say about you communicating with me? I believe you are decent or would have learnt to operate on a decent level. Lets keep it civilised

Another fact Abbey National PLC (A Bank) about 10 years Closed its Norwood [b]( Surrey)
branch because it was constantly being robbed and no staff wanted to work there the Briton branch remained opened and probably is still opened today.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2007
make him kuku move to peckham or Brixton.
at least he can spend the night learning the difference between gun shots from AK 47's and those from 357 magnums. grin
We may need those acquired skills someday in Naija grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by zigbo(f): 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2007
those people "burglars" are visiting in uk jst thank God becos if "theives" in nig. comes were to come knocking,u'll find both ur property nd ur life. . . uk despite the odds is highly safer than nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Tawak: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2007
100% safer dan UK
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by zigbo(f): 10:09pm On Oct 17, 2007
Tawak:

100% safer dan UK

explain undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2007
five 10 year olds stone 67 year old to death n the street of London - can this ever happen in Nigeria? Never ever.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2007
@labiyemmy:

five 10 year olds stone 67 year old to death n the street of London - can this ever happen in Nigeria? Never ever.

shakin' my head in outright disgust! embarassed
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by anusule(m): 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2007
@labiyemmy:

no where is safe - in the last 10 months of this year in the UK - there had been cases of gun/knife murders of underage children by underage children - black to black - white to white - there had been numerous cases of heist at banks, jewellery shops, bullion vans, etc/ Two months ago - a Ghanian doctor was killed in her own car on her way to work and right in fron of her house - the killers are yet to be caught - every day i go on the streets of London - i see police inscriptions reporting the location of an attempted murder or murder outrightly - i see on the streets where flowers are laid at locations where someone has been shot - at open streets you see police insigna asking for help in solving a murder - people get killed on the bus, stabbed or shot - two months ago, a Nigerian/British boxer was shot at a night club for asking some folks to obey the no smoking law - every day i watch crime fighters and see different types of crimes on a daily basis - last year - a man killed five prostitutes in Norfolk - this year - a man killed a mother and two children, this year, a Mum killed her own daughter - how many do you want to count or report. Do you know why people walk with their heads straight on the streets of UK? because they don't know who is carrying a gun - a knife or a weapon like that.

People get stabbed for merely looking at each other offensively - common - hook up to SKY news daily and see if a day passes without a report of someone killed, stabbed or mugged. Nigeria may not be as safe - but please don't glorify the UK as if its crime free and Nigeria is the only crime prone country.

This year - a call was made to the youths to hand over the weapons they have - knife/guns - did you know how many was recovered? In terms of the terrorist issues Nigeria is still safe - how many attempted bombings of tube and airports and night clubs have been reported in London alone this year? Can you count? It sure s a lot. My brother - to say London is safe is saying what is not it.

Someone said there is no case armed robbers dressing as police in the UK, that is a big lie - there are numerous cases reported like that - how many police men had been murdered in the UK in this year alone - common - face the truth. I live in London and park my car on the road - on two occassions in a year, my car had been vandalised, broken into, comon - face the fact.

Talk about children getting loss - talk about prostitution - u get prostitutes for pennies in the UK - talk about drugs- openly and discreetly - talk about underage sex, pregnancies and abortion - talk about armed robbery - its reported daily in the UK - u will be living in deception if you think the scale is not the same as it is in Nigeria - or worse. People steal anything to fuel their drug problem - hey - its all there. Go to clubs and pubs and bars - are there no fights daily, are their no drunkards daily on the street ready to fight you and viciously attack?

And worse still - the things your Nja brothers do i the UK will scare you - credt card fraud - stealing - robbery - etc. Well - u will be afraid when the polce tells you these statistics.

At least, most of the killers are found n prosecuted. But in nigeria, killers and armed robbers are on the loose. Un UK there are CCTV's everywhere, u at least feel secured.
When in naija did I ever get the courage to go out at 2pm or 12pm even? never.

Before I came to the UK, I witnessed a live robbery on an expressway. Small boys on bikes with guns, wtf?
i remember then, there was always a robbery on volks, badagry expressway everyday.

so wtf?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2007
the topic is different - not the same as do robbers get caught.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Njoy1(f): 7:54pm On Oct 19, 2007
almondjoy:

shakin' my head in outright disgust! embarassed

May that head break if you don't have anything to say.

anusule:

At least, most of the killers are found n prosecuted. But in nigeria, killers and armed robbers are on the loose. Un UK there are CCTV's everywhere, u at least feel secured.
When in naija did I ever get the courage to go out at 2pm or 12pm even? never.

Before I came to the UK, I witnessed a live robbery on an expressway. Small boys on bikes with guns, wtf?
i remember then, there was always a robbery on volks, badagry expressway everyday.

so wtf?

Yes, wtf - so the point is? This is the guy so mad about coing to the UK that he posts pictures of everwhere in the UK - what do u expect - he can die for the UK.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 9:01pm On Oct 19, 2007
It is crazy that some people are still arguing this matter? Nigeria is safer than the UK? Well I no blame una. embarassed embarassed

Its BHC I blame for not giving some peeps the needed visa.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by slimes(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2007
hola2ng:

Many reasons to be hopeful as each new day brings forth a way to make progess,improve on things.
We are all we've got afterall,and there's nothing like home sweet home.
Here are some reasons why I think Nigeria is not to be compared to Uk:
1) Uk is older
2) The Britain colonized us
3) Uk is a world power
4) The United Kingdom is one nation
5) It has a powerful economy
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2007
N-joy:

Yes, wtf - so the point is? This is the guy so mad about coing to the UK that he posts pictures of everwhere in the UK - what do u expect - he can die for the UK.

Oh come now!  That's not how you say hello when you are re-uniting with an "old flame" wink  Life is too short--get over it!

She is still so mad at me!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by anusule(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2007
N-joy:

dem don follow me come here again,
well, u knw wat? OMG im so happy im in the UK, i gave u some reasons why i feel nigeria isnt at all safer than the uk, give me urs. dumb ass.

OMG im so happy 2 be here, u brought me here Lord, only you knows why. thank you Lord.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 20, 2007
When I first came to the UK, i thought I came to paradise - i defended her like anything - i thought Nigeria was shit - but years after - seeing all that is to see and tasting all that is to see, I say Nigeria is not only good, but great - no place like home.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by zigbo(f): 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2007
yea we know that theres no place like home, but uk is safer than nigeria. . . i mean how can nigeria be safer than uk wen even the police are criminals undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2007
@labiyemmy:

When I first came to the UK, i thought I came to paradise - i defended her like anything - i thought Nigeria was shit - but years after - seeing all that is to see and tasting all that is to see, I say Nigeria is not only good, but great - no place like home.
Why do Nigerians like lying? No place like home? Why is your location still reading London? What did you taste in UK? What did you see in UK? Let those of us who have not been to the UK also know, please tell us.

If you love Nigeria so much, and you are tired of tasting too much frustration in the UK, go back home! If truly you are indeed in the UK sef. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2007
mrpataki:

Why do Nigerians like lying? No place like home? Why is your location still reading London? What did you taste in UK? What did you see in UK? Let those of us who have not been to the UK also know, please tell us.

If you love Nigeria so much, and you are tired of tasting too much frustration in the UK, go back home! If truly you are indeed in the UK sef. cheesy

Bad belle - no need to answer, mugun.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Njoy1(f): 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2007
@Labiyemmy

No mind the guy - they think its everyone that dont have anything worthwhile to say or do in Nigeria - you can be in London or UK but dont worship it like most goons from Nigeria do - e.g. Mrpataki and co.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 9:59pm On Oct 20, 2007
@labiyemmy:

Bad belle - no need to answer, mugun.
I knew you would be gullible enough to come up with this response of yours. I simply made a rejoinder to your posts seeking for objective reasons as to why your idiosyncrasy is configured to such inanity.

You took my gambit and as well noted with your postings you retorted with with the only language you know best--insults.

Why is that whenever you posts, imbeciles always shore up your postings Does that  preclude or occlude you from reasoning objectively or you rather wallow in the position of seeing yourself as the headmaster of nairalands congregation of imbeciles? grin

I simply asked for points to validate your statement not insults.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2007
mrpataki:

I knew you would be gullible enough to come up with this response of yours. I simply made a rejoinder to your posts seeking for objective reasons as to why your idiosyncrasy is configured to such inanity.

You took my gambit and as well noted with your postings you retorted with with the only language you know best--insults.

Why is that whenever you posts, imbeciles always shore up your postings Does that preclude or occlude you from reasoning objectively or you rather wallow in the position of seeing yourself as the headmaster of nairalands congregation of imbeciles? grin

I simply asked for points to validate your statement not insults.

Silence - silence - best remedy for fools.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Njoy1(f): 10:45pm On Oct 20, 2007
Chei - "labiyemmy - the guy name na wa. Mr Pataki - na person wey thinks im dey important - so ignore him.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2007
, and once again, adults take a completely good topic and turn it into PERSONAL ATTACKS FOR ALL, JEEEZZZ!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2007
@labiyemmy,
Tempted to reply you in kind words as stated by you, I choose not to. Not to sound polemical to you, could you rather state why you think Nigeria is safer than the UK?

I am most interested in the knowledge of pundits like you, if you are actually close to such.
Many thanks.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 11:42pm On Oct 20, 2007
Kobojunkie:

, and once again, adults take a completely good topic and turn it into PERSONAL ATTACKS FOR ALL, JEEEZZZ!!!

I must remark here that not everyone who has facility to the internet is actually an adult. And not every one obviously on this forum understands what it means to articulately state facts.

There are times that the only language of reasoning to a ninny is by display of tantrums. That also can be seen with even adults.

I simply asked for facts or reasonings to his statements, which I found rather whimsical to someone who claims his place of abode is in the UK, only to be retorted with an insult.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 4:11am On Oct 21, 2007
mrpataki:

@labiyemmy,
Tempted to reply you in kind words as stated by you, I choose not to. Not to sound[b] polemical [/b] to you, could you rather state why you think Nigeria is safer than the UK?

I am most interested in the knowledge of pundits like you, if you are actually close to such.
Many thanks.

You will have to translate those to Yo'ooba! cheesy

Kobojunkie:

We all have to show our "oshodi or new benin" side once in a while please. Your turn is just around the corner. I can't wait. wink

N-joy:

Chei - "labiyemmy - the guy name na wa. Mr Pataki - na person wey thinks im dey important - so ignore him.

Ah-Ah? Chichi81---you don find another husband abi na sugar daddy? shocked What is this labby-yabby thing you got going here? Can't you at least contribute to the topic?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 4:20am On Oct 21, 2007
mrpataki:

I must remark here that not everyone who has facility to the internet is actually an adult. And not every one obviously on this forum understands what it means to articulately state facts.

There are times that the only language of reasoning to a ninny is by display of tantrums. That also can be seen with even adults.

I simply asked for facts or reasonings to his statements, which I found rather whimsical to someone who claims his place of abode is in the UK, only to be retorted with an insult.

You ain't seen nothing yet.  The dude will soon insult "the papa when born you for this world", like he insulted mine.  Boy I almost died laughing when he did that.

That is why I said this topic should R.I.P---when we start attacking ourselves like this--it is definitely time to relocate.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 4:24am On Oct 21, 2007
almondjoy:

Ah-Ah? Chichi81---you don find another husband abi na sugar daddy? shocked What is this labby-yabby thing you got going here? Can't you at least contribute to the topic?

As far as N-Joy is concerned that is her own idea of "contribution to the topic".
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 4:35am On Oct 21, 2007
By trying to taffy-laffy? tongue
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Njoy1(f): 5:08am On Oct 21, 2007
@Davidylan

I am sure my contributions are better than yours.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by labiyemmy(m): 5:11am On Oct 21, 2007
mrpataki:

@labiyemmy,
Tempted to reply you in kind words as stated by you, I choose not to. Not to sound polemical to you, could you rather state why you think Nigeria is safer than the UK?

Many thanks.

Shows you don't read threads before making comments,

Below was my contribution which obviously you didnt bother to read - hence the word mugun.

no where is safe - in the last 10 months of this year in the UK - there had been cases of gun/knife murders of underage children by underage children - black to black - white to white - there had been numerous cases of heist at banks, jewellery shops, bullion vans, etc/ Two months ago - a Ghanian doctor was killed in her own car on her way to work and right in fron of her house - the killers are yet to be caught -  every day i go on the streets of London - i see police inscriptions reporting the location of an attempted murder or murder outrightly - i see on the streets where flowers are laid at locations where someone has been shot - at open streets you see police insigna asking for help in solving a murder - people get killed on the bus, stabbed or shot - two months ago, a Nigerian/British boxer was shot at a night club for asking some folks to obey the no smoking law - every day i watch crime fighters and see different types of crimes on a daily basis - last year - a man killed five prostitutes in Norfolk - this year - a man killed a mother and two children, this year, a Mum killed her own daughter - how many do you want to count or report. Do you know why people walk with their heads straight on the streets of UK? because they don't know who is carrying a gun - a knife or a weapon like that.

People get stabbed for merely looking at each other offensively - common - hook up to SKY news daily and see if a day passes without a report of someone killed, stabbed or mugged. Nigeria may not be as safe - but please don't glorify the UK as if its crime free and Nigeria is the only crime prone country.

This year - a call was made to the youths to hand over the weapons they have - knife/guns - did you know how many was recovered? In terms of the terrorist issues  Nigeria is still safe - how many attempted bombings of tube and airports and night clubs have been reported in London alone this year? Can you count? It sure s a lot. My brother - to say London is safe is saying what is not it.

Someone said there is no case armed robbers dressing as police in the UK, that is a big lie - there are numerous cases reported like that - how many police men had been murdered in the UK in this year alone - common - face the truth. I live in London and park my car on the road - on two occassions in a year, my car had been vandalised, broken into, comon - face the fact.

Talk about children getting loss - talk about prostitution - u get prostitutes for pennies in the UK - talk about drugs- openly and discreetly - talk about underage sex, pregnancies and abortion - talk about armed robbery - its reported daily in the UK - u will be living in deception if you think the scale is not the same as it is in Nigeria - or worse. People steal anything to fuel their drug problem - hey - its all there. Go to clubs and pubs and bars - are there no fights daily, are their no drunkards daily on the street ready to fight you and viciously attack?

And worse still - the things your Nja brothers do i the UK will scare you - credt card fraud - stealing - robbery - etc. Well - u will be afraid when the polce tells you these statistics.

Now you understand why you are a mugun?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 21, 2007
N-joy:

@Davidylan

I am sure my contributions are better than yours.

My dear, we outgrew the "my contributions are better than yours" phase after primary school. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! / PDP To Query Senators Who Dodged Crucial Vote On E-Transmission Of Results / Buhari Calls APC All Progressives Confidence.... Is This Man For Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.