Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,136 members, 7,838,882 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK (7307 Views)

Poll: Is Nigeria safer than the UK, really?

Nigeria is safer: 27% (26 votes)
The UK is safer: 72% (68 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Is Safer Than Most Developing Countries / My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman / Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2007
My dear Mrpataki--no injuries intended.  It is just what I am faced with here! cheesy

To tell you how interesting the poster's mind works I will quote the most intriguing part of his post.  Here it goes:

toksdam (m)
naija

Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK
« on: Yesterday at 10:29:47 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nigeria Is Safer Than London

When we consider characteristic security situation, Nigeria is safer than the UK,

If you have been in central London,imagine this: if the metropolitan police is kept off the street for just 4 hours or a day just to get the worst result, in crime testament, then you do the same for places where u have the police in Nigeria that is where they are not "doing things", you know what I mean.

If you put your findings  together, whatever u get will tell you that but for proper crime management the street of London will be a jungle of crime at best.  We should still thank God for what we have in Nigeria

Unquote

I really don't know what to write at this point.  This guy definitely lives in a world of 'ifs'!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by kingandrew(m): 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2007
This is just outrageous, who in this world will compare security in nigeria and uk together? Simple facts, i can drive across any where in london,without the fear of somebody or group of men, blasting gunfire in my ears, i can study in any university,without some people threatning to do me harm,cause i wouldnt join some out of this world occultic groups.
I happen to be in nigeria to 2weeks ago, right in the middle of a traffic jam, men of the underworld, jumped out blasting into the atmosphere,scaring people away, people falling over each other, a chubby woman got stucked,and a pregnant woman was mistakenly locked in a shop container (she had to suffer a gruesome 30 minutes of no air supply and hell of a heat)
This happened right in front of a Police headquarter,ring-road ibadan, And surprise,surprise, our police forces, were the first to pick a race,who would blame them? a simple mistake of shooting their out of date AK47, compared to the sophisticated Guns handled by the armed robbers, will result in many loss of police, but still one was killed,trying to take of his uniform and other one was shot in the Butt,he might still be in intensive unit.
This cannot happen in britain, although,no where is safe, but some places are safer than the other, we've seen loads of genocides,craze men axe murderers etc,but they are insane, crimes are planned and organised in nigeria by sane men.
I love nigeria, and my experience wont stop me from going, but things needed to be done asap about securities, and the questions that buggs me are
1) where do these Men get all this latest firearms?
2) why would the Nigerian police force,not strengtning the mobile police?,they look like they can do the job, a little encouragement and good pay
finally, if these armed robbers continue to rob banks, does this really affect us? or serves the banks right, for stealing money from their customers.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by olamee(f): 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2007
In my opinion, UK is far safer than Naija. I am on vacation here in U.K and was taking a walk around 11pm with my cousin. I was so paranoid cos I felt someonemight just attack us and collect our handsets or something. I had to work on my mind to convince myself I was not in Lagos.

Honesstly U.K would have been worse but they have been able to forestall a lot of crimes by monitoring most of their streets with CCTV. I feel u can only be attacked in dark places and of course, the notorious places some of us already know. But naija! forget it, u can be robbed anytime, anywhere. Thank God for his protection. Crimes that are not monitored are cybercrimes.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by toksdam(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2007
thank u all for your contribution ,i am gratefull u did not disappoint me,some one said nigerians dont see anything good in thier country, and until they do change that, they will continue to slave for other nations, even with the potentials to the graetest,well so we are trying to check that out and am shocked to my bones that just like other forums ,its the same reaction from nigerian ,especially the yonger generation,its sad.this same research was carried out in close by countries and we are doing same for the south,its a shame that the laeders of tommorrw see notin good in thier tommrrw, most of us are living out of our country ,but remember no matter how long a log of wood stays in a river ,it can never become a crocodile,well, our intention is to see wat we can do to change our views and begin to belive we can make our homeland safer. thank you all the same for being honest with your opinions
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2007
olamee:

In my opinion, UK is far safer than Naija. I am on vacation here in UK and was taking a walk around 11pm with my cousin. I[b] was so paranoid because I felt someonemight just attack us and collect our handsets or something[/b]. I had to work on my mind to convince myself I was not in Lagos.

Honestly UK would have been worse but they have been able to forestall a lot of crimes by monitoring most of their streets with CCTV. I feel u can only be attacked in dark places and of course, the notorious places some of us already know. But naija! forget it, u can be robbed anytime, anywhere. Thank God for his protection. Crimes that are not monitored are cybercrimes.

You have just demonstrated that in the absence of your "nationally induced paranoia",  you are in a constant state of confusion. I am sorry about that.  Please read your post again and tell us exactly what you are trying to write here.  You contradict yourself within every sentence of your post.  Of course the reason you felt unsafe is because you dare not walk around Lagos around 11PM to worry about only your "handsets"! cheesy

Hmm!  UK would have been worse ---- blah blah blah blah blah!!!  You wrote more in support of UK being safer but your conclusive premise make us want to believe that you think Nigeria is safer.

BTW, you need to visit outside Nigeria more often.  Handsets are the least stolen property in most developed parts of the world.  And when you get back to Nigeria, nothing stops you from petitioning your government to install their own CCTV all over Marina or Nigeria to make the place safer for Nigerians.

I cannot believe you think it is a bad thing to keep surveillance on crime wave in the UK.  Anything to keep the country safe ok?  This reduces the dependence on street police and so they can concentrate on other areas.  Thank you!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by zigbo(f): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2007
seriously wen i saw this thread i really thot this guy had something to say,like kids/teenagers shooting and stabbing them selves,drug gangs,suicide bombers or something. apparently this makes no sense, i cudnt even comprehend a sentence in that post  undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2007
toksdam:

thank u all for your contribution ,i am gratefull u did not disappoint me,some one said nigerians don't see anything good in their country, and until they do change that, they will continue to slave for other nations, even with the potentials to the graetest,[/b]well so we are trying to check that out and am shocked to my bones that just like other forums ,[b]its the same reaction from nigerian ,especially the yonger generation,its sad.

this same research was carried out in close by countries and we are doing same for the south,its a shame that the laeders of tommorrw see notin good in their tommrrw, most of us are living out of our country ,but remember no matter how long a log of wood stays in a river ,it can never become a crocodile,well, our intention is to see what we can do to change our views and begin to believe we can make our homeland safer. thank you all the same for being honest with your opinions

And your point is?--   You are welcome BTW!--
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2007
zigbo:

seriously when i saw this thread i really thot this guy had something to say,like kids/teenagers shooting and stabbing them selves,drug gangs,suicide bombers or something. apparently this makes no sense, i cudnt even comprehend a sentence in that post undecided

Welcome to the club!  He gives us more interesting insights as he increases his postage.  Stay tuned!--More confused ones have come to his aid grin

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy-LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by toksdam(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2007
i really wonder why some of u gys get so fast at making very sorry and deformative comments,i really tots i can find a plCE ON THIS FORUM WHER PEOPLE RE NOT ,operating on the average street level,i see u are an ENGLISH MAJOR ,i shld do my spelling chck and syntax because of people like u,check this how did i fair,
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2007
toksdam:

i really wonder why some of u gys get so fast at making very sorry and deformative comments,[/b]i really [b]tots i can find a plCE ON THIS FORUM WHER PEOPLE RE NOT ,operating on the average street level,[/b]i see u are [b]an ENGLISH MAJOR ,i shld do my spelling chck and syntax because of people like u,check this how did i fair,

You are getting better! I am really proud of you! tongue
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by toksdam(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2007
let me spare u the long story so i dont get into more trouble, wat uptains in the uk is not my probs,change how u see naija if u are a naija person ,wen naija become the country of our dreams,it will be because we saw it first in our mind and we walked /worked towards it and we got it done
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2007
toksdam:

let me spare u the long story so i don't get into more trouble, what uptains in the uk is not my probs,change how u see naija[b] if u are a naija person [/b] ,when naija become the country of our dreams,it will be because we saw it first in our mind and we walked /worked towards it and we got it done

You are a bloody joke! grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by toksdam(m): 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2007
thanks ,atleast u didnt insult me
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2007
toksdam:

thanks ,atleast u didnt insult me

No need for that. You did a good job all by yourself by starting this unbelievable topic of a thread. It was fun though! Thanks for the joke! grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Tats(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2007
Ask Tuface!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2007
Tats:

Ask Tuface!

Abi ooooooooooooooooooooooh! cheesy He just arrived from UK to discover that it is much safer in "Lagos" by "cele bustop" precisely!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Now Mr. Idibia may never sing again----there goes his "African Queen"---his beloved Nigeria! grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by whiteroses(f): 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2007
are you serious at all you dont even know what you are talking about, if you are victim of crine in UK that means you have something to do with it already you cant be innocent and get shot but in nigeria it's bad luck throughout, we know we love nigeria  kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss    but nigeria is a big no no and nigeria stinks in term of security nobody is safe in nigeria its the grace of God that see us through, whenever i go home i always pray and cry to christ to see me through the next day especially since our neighbour's daughter had ferrari the thieves has been snooping around seun delete this post because by tomorrow it'll have been 16 pages of arguments and i'm tired of nigeria versus uk
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2007
Same here, when I first came upon the post, I pictured some loony trying to play a game on himself with the claims made which for some reason did not make sense to me. I don't even know how to approach such a claim but I will say I am glad even the POSTER does not believe that nonsense he posted grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Dios(f): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2007
I'm pretty sure I can go to Nigeria, murder someone in broad daylight, let off some rounds in the air, pee on the person, leave the murder weapon and drive off, chill for a couple of weeks, kill a couple of cops and then leave the country and the cops won't have a clue.
IT'S PRETTY SAFE FOR CRIMINALS. embarassed
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:41am On Oct 09, 2007
i saw this topic and couldn't help laughing my heart out, what a big joke. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i must commend you poster, your a good comedian. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2007
While I dream of been harrassed by the British Police in the UK, I dare not think of such for Nigeria. cry cry
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2007
almondjoy:

Abi ooooooooooooooooooooooh! cheesy He just arrived from UK to discover that it is much safer in "Lagos" by "cele bustop" precisely!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Now Mr. Idibia may never sing again----there goes his "African Queen"---his beloved Nigeria! grin

When we decided to throw the second part of National anthem away, we lost it all! What a nation bound in freedom peace and unity indeed!

Freedom here is one:
Dios:

I'm pretty sure I can go to Nigeria, murder someone in broad daylight, let off some rounds in the air, pee on the person, leave the murder weapon and drive off, chill for a couple of weeks, kill a couple of cops and then leave the country and the cops won't have a clue.
IT'S PRETTY SAFE FOR CRIMINALS. embarassed

Peace:
Tats:

Ask Tuface!

Unity:
Take an excursion to the North and shout with your megaphone that you hate Mohammed tongue

We are backward in thinking in that country.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Oracle(m): 9:55am On Oct 09, 2007
There is Crime everywhere in the world.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by moondust(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2007
even with the police on Nigerian streets, its still hell, how much more when u take them of the streets for a day
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Kobojunkie: 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2007
Oracle:

There is Crime everywhere in the world.

The point is this, even though the USA has the highest murder rate in the world, I am 100000 more confident that if crime happens there, someone will be brought to book for it than I am in that the same would happen in Nigeria. Heck, people in Nigeria walk on eggshells, and I mean the citizens cause they live each day trying to avoid having some criminal act perpetrated against them knowing that if such happens, it is more than likely they will never have justice served in their case. Sad but true and I don't believe that necessarily means Nigeria is safer, it does not even come close to meaning that at all.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by fawwyb(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2007
moondust:

even with the police on Nigerian streets, its still hell, how much more when u take them of the streets for a day

Don't you know that policemen are arm robbers in disgiuse shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2007
I think all ya are just plain stupid. I have been in london for a while i think i support what the gentle man posted. London has the highest number of CCTV in the whole Europe (maybe the whole world) and crime is an everyday thing. I was born in Nigeria and i spent over 20years living in Ikeja and i have never one day been robbed ( i know some of you will say ahhh).

Within one year of coming to London i have been burgled 3 times ( don't think i live in peckham or newscross or abbeywood or oldkent or walworthroad) i live in surrey (if u knw what i mean). The crime in London is very very high and all these young kids believe they can do whatever they like. In Nigeria, dem no born u make u insult elder, in London it is normal thing.

I beg make i live story, all of una wey dey Abuja,warri and lagos and u think you knw beta.(no comment)
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Etin(f): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2007
@ cool4ny

I think all ya are just plain stupid.

That's a bit harsh don't you think we have all been very civilised in expressing ourselves? Where exactly in Surrey do you live ? South Croydon, Norwood or Thorthon Heath ? - because these areas in Surrey have higher crime rates than Peckham or Brixton. You can't blame anyone for your experience if you choose to live in a high crime area can you? If on the other hand you live in one of the posh areas Surrey then I'll would say you are just plain unlucky you might need special prayers!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by hola2ng(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2007
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by bballchick(f): 6:11pm On Oct 09, 2007
i kinda agree wiv u, cause uk aint safe , everytime itz all stabbing , if not some idiotic chavs beating up random people to death, kiliing innocent people for mobile phone, dnt know much bout nigeria crime, but from wot i heard they said they rob banks now, i guess no where is safe for real,
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by kewe(f): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2007
We've got many beautiful states and people in the country. Lagos seems to have the highest crime rates, but really it's about time we ALL stood up to fight for this country -it's ours.
I don't know what the poster of this topic was thinking, who knows maybe he lives outside lagos -whatever. Bottom line is this -people in other countries fought for where they are now. It's not all about just sitting, feeling safe in another man's country. It's about sitting down, and finding solutions to our problems.

[quote][/quote]

I so agree with you.
There is nothing like your own
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by toksdam(m): 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2007
ok, grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Tribute To Gov. Yakowa By Dr Hakeem B Ahmed / Tony Nwulu Felicitates With Muslims Over Eid-l-kabir / Sultan Of Sokoto Visited Wike In His Country Home,only If We Know What Southern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.