Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN (5838 Views)

New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / APGA Members May Storm Otuoke Over Unpaid Election Largesse / Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by emmatok(m): 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2012
UN my foot.

Did they arrest Bin-Laden and other Taliban terrorist.

Now they are looking for faceless Boko-Haram in Nigerian

Didn't GEJ said  Boko Haram Members are part of his government.

The GEJ govertment should face the ICC and UN.
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by houvest: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2012
Wow. Very important UN statement. This is an opening to all victims of inhumanity in this Nation from long ago to cash into  and take their cases to UN. If well managed, it could lead to a roller coaster  similiar to Nuremberg and eventually bring about a referendum to the Nationalities of Nigeria about how they want to continue. I am really surprised that UN did not allow herself to be harmstrung by Nigerian sovereignity and political correctness to remain silent but have thrown their hats into the ring and suddenly made the BH issue an international concern especially since UN office and staff in Abuja have also been BH victims. I do not see this UN and international involvement going away any time soon but would want all agrieved to cash in on it to gain the necessary momentum needed to convince UN to move from statements to actions as we were discussing on the Utomi topic : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=844188.msg9951889#msg9951889.
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 13, 2012
Moderator, why is this not on the front page?
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
MAY??!!  undecided
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by cap28: 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
hahahaha - i like the use of the word "may".

How about US backed Al Qaeda/NTC who are currently running Libya - will they also face crimes against humanity?.

But how will america indict Boko Haram when Boko Haram are a splinter group of Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda is US intelligence - i'm confused - can someone explain to me how the US controlled UN will prosecute their own intelligence operatives?
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2012
^^What are you babbling on about?
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by nagoma(m): 11:12pm On Jan 13, 2012
@Poster

I know how serious these issues are but with due respect I think you guys talk too much.
Over the last I year various southern groups have made calls for Muslims to leave the south, south/ south or specific states. I can recall these have happened at least 5 times. As these groups we are sure do not represent the genuine view of the south, not much attention was paid to the call. The latest call from the south was responded by to by BH , a terror group representing no one but themselves and whole south including the CAN president feels that this is gospel truth and the opinion of all Muslims in the north! What kind of people are you? Let's concentrate on the real issues , the president knows BH criminals but will not tell anybody and will not arrest them, he is happier with speculations and guess work and accusations going on , isn't it?
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 14, 2012
Please what concerns UN with Nigeria politics, although they bomb UN building, Boko Haram Judiciary should be under the Nigeria government. I think they no longer have any important things to do rather than to start picking there noses for Nigeria politics. They failed for Lybia, Syria, and now it's Nigeria.

Boko Haram is evil but that does not warranty any foreign intervention in Nigeria politics period
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by stayreal: 8:51am On Jan 14, 2012
Chile Eboe-Osuji a new judge for the ICC. The southeast is well represented. smiley Boko Haram and their sympathizers think that the Britsh will have their support like they got in the war. Our own brethren will judge you and your sponsers and shame you in front the world.
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by dustydee: 10:27am On Jan 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maW-GQuKl60
should the FG be charged for murder too?
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by dustydee: 10:35am On Jan 14, 2012
trying to embed the video.
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by ak47mann(m): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2012
justice justice we will shame the evil men and women,blood suckers cool
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by cap28: 2:24pm On Jan 14, 2012
The UN is a discredited organisation which is controlled and manipulated by the criminal govt of the United States, Israel and the United Kingdom - this is the same organisation that sanctioned an illegal invasion and destruction of two sovereign nations in africa - Libya and Ivory Coast. If you people think that this same organisation will deliver justice to you then you need your heads examined.

Dont forget that when the Rwandan genocide was in progress the UN peace keepign forces stood by and did NOTHING, also when the killings were underway europe and america sent troops to rescue ONLY THEIR OWN CITIZENS BUT LEFT THE RWANDANS TO BE MASSACRED so those of you who think the UN will ever raise a finger to help any of you need to wake up.
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by cap28: 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2012
[b]Security Council Votes to Cut Rwanda Peacekeeping Force
By PAUL LEWIS
Published: April 22, 1994

In another retreat for the United Nations, the Security Council voted unanimously tonight to cut back the beleaguered peacekeeping force in Rwanda from some 1,700 at present to about 270, despite protests from human rights groups who fear that the move will only increase the carnage there.

Diplomats here say that the decision came after the United Nations Secretary General, Boutros Boutros-Ghali, told the Council that the force should either be substantially strengthened so it can restore order or reduced to a symbolic size.

Mr. Boutros-Ghali rejected a third option of pulling it out altogether, which the United States had favored, saying the small force of 270 would be instructed to try to promote a cease-fire and assist with relief work. But in his report to the Council today, Mr. Boutros-Ghali appeared pessimistic about the prospects of an early end to the fighting in Rwanda. "I regretfully have concluded there is no prospect of a cease-fire being agreed upon in the coming days," he said.

Diplomats said there was no willingness to send another big peacekeeping force, like the one that had been sent to Somalia, to try to impose peace on Rwanda's warring tribes -- a task that the Secretary General said would require several thousand additional troops.

Most of the existing force is being withdrawn for its own safety because the United Nations troops had originally been sent to oversee a peace agreement and not to become involved in a new civil war, these diplomats said.

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/04/22/world/security-council-votes-to-cut-rwanda-peacekeeping-force.html

[/b]

THEY INCITE VIOLENCE AND WAR IN YOUR COUNTRY, THEN THEY STEP BACK AND WATCH YOU KILL EACH OTHER - ITS THE OLDEST TRICK IN THE BOOK AND ITS CALLED DIVIDE AND CONQUER.

YOU ARE SO BAMBOOZLED THAT YOU ACTUALLY RUN TO YOUR ENEMIES SEEKING JUSTICE !!!!

I PITY ALL OF YOU!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN by member479760: 6:01am On Jan 15, 2012
.and the oil subsidy we are enjoying our own son still took it away from us, causing sorrow and tiers! may the soul of those that lost their life in this vital period keep chasing him in his dream, may he not live to see happiness in his life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evidence As Protest Hit UN Geneva (+18) Picture Attached. / Olawepo Hashim Explains In 3 Minutes, How To Create $4trillion Economy / Picture Of Tinubu VP Shetimma Dining With Bokoharam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.