Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot (12587 Views)

Buhari Should Resign Immediately – Northern Youth Council; To Stage Massive Prot / Chief Judge Bars Magistrates From Granting Remand Orders To EFCC / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by montelik(m): 8:28am On Jan 16, 2012
Jona has clearly learned from Mubarak in Egypt. But he could end up using his own hand to bring trouble for himself just like Mubarak did.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by Rad1cal: 8:30am On Jan 16, 2012
jamace:

Nigerians are serious about this issue. No soldier/police can stop the people's will in a democracy. ALUTA CONTINUA! angry

Proceed, when you hear gboa you stop/dock/run/sprint .

The choice is yours cool
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 16, 2012
Yesterday dem tell us say today na we go gain so we struggle suffer dey for this new democratic change but the truth of the matter be say dem diguise another way to continue their crooked ways
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by gists: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2012
I am looking forward to see the response from the SW governors in the face of this unprovoked (peaceful protests) aggressions.[s]Why am I so much tempted to say it serves Lagotians right?[/s]
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by Kobojunkie: 8:40am On Jan 16, 2012
Nigerians have yet again received another bi*ch slap from their leader. What are y'all gonna to do about it? Or should we hit the snooze and wait another 2 years or more to see if you guys are declare that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by gists: 8:44am On Jan 16, 2012
This is just a silent way of declarung state of emergency. It is however irresponsible for a gov. to declare state of emergency in an otherwise peaceful state while the same gov. told us we have to leave with terrorism for many weeks of killing and bombing in the north
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by 1025: 8:57am On Jan 16, 2012
this is the drum of war. pdp's blood bank is running dry. they need blood by all means. they are blood suckers. the live and survive by blood. jonathan needs blood urgently that is why soldiers meant to defend us are now out to kill us.
shame to jonathan and pdp.
freedom of association and assembly has been killed.
this same idiot that said he is not a golliat is now a general. we will not accept this. mubarak and gaddafi did all these but we know the rest of the story.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by PointB: 9:03am On Jan 16, 2012
As predicted NLC has withdrawn from the protest. Where is the mother of all strike bill ti start on Monday?

people have better start heading to work or things might get worse at personal level.

As a pro-subsidy removal, let me say to my anti-subsidy removal compatriots - No Winner, No Vanquished!

We can have another battle against corruption and bloated office. Battle for free or cheap oil is not altruistic.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by 5columnist: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2012
No nation state can make use of peace more than we. We the people of Nigerians knows what it i to struggle to put food on our table. If you are not fighting subsidy removal that is aimed to empower the common at the long run then you are planning to topple a legitimately elected government which in itself is treasonable.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by alienvirus: 9:22am On Jan 16, 2012
Boko haram ke? These soldiers will be roasted in a couple of minutes.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by okeymadu(m): 9:27am On Jan 16, 2012
How long will it take occupiers at Ojota to understand that the oil cabals have hijacked their movement giving it an undertone of revolt against government of the day.

I have said this before: People should register to vote and ready to even set up a political party of their choice to implement policies of their choice.

The musicians singing @ Ojota are doing so because they can't write a convincing and bankable business plan to access the $200.0m GEJ's Entertainment Fund. They thought he was going to share it to them but he gave it  to a reputable bank to manage.

Things must change in this country.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by palma(f): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2012
People are not on the streets doesn't mean they've given up. Still Jona is loosing money. He can't drag peeps from their homes nau.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by honeric01(m): 9:30am On Jan 16, 2012
‎"SNG's official statement on GEJ's insulting N97 offer & the invasion of Ojota by the military will be communicated shortly. We urge you all to REMAIN AT HOME and out of harm's way today. Counter moves will be communicated to all as soon as possible. Please stay tuned for updates."

-- curled from SNG official fans page
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by aljharem(m): 9:30am On Jan 16, 2012
palma:

People are not on the streets doesn't mean they've given up. Still Jona is loosing money. He can't drag peeps from their homes nau.

exactly

people should avoid the soldiers today. but it does not mean that he can force people out.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2012
GEJ is asking for trouble.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by kizito96(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2012
This reminds me of the days of Army  broadcast FELLOW COUNTRY MEN
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by DanKan0: 9:34am On Jan 16, 2012
Why people are acting like its the end of the world is beyond me. The only one sweating is GEJ  cool

Military cant touch no one. Protest is Lagos havent been violent and they dont need to be. Civil disobedience cool
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 16, 2012
okeymadu:

How long will it take occupiers at Ojota to understand that the oil cabals have hijacked their movement giving it an undertone of revolt against government of the day.

I have said this before: People should register to vote and ready to even set up a political party of their choice to implement policies of their choice.

The musicians singing @ Ojota are doing so because they can't write a convincing and bankable business plan to access the $200.0m GEJ's Entertainment Fund. They thought he was going to share it to them but he gave it  to a reputable bank to manage.

Things must change in this country.  

stop deluding yourselves. There is nothing like oil cabal sponsoring protests. That's spurious and absolutely baseless.  It was a spontaneous protest as a result of bottled up anger on sundry issues ranging from insecurity to economic woes inflicted by GEJ. Unfortunately, those guys you called cabal are responsible business men engaging in legitimate business. If indeed they are corrupt and responsible for the woes of the moment, why has the subsidized woman you have in Aso rock not mustered enough will to prosecute them? This government arrested a serving senator, so if there is a cabal, it should not become an uphill task to bring them to book.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by sheyguy: 9:36am On Jan 16, 2012
For those calling it failure go ask the IMF chief whether it was one or not. They sent Gej on the errand so they shld able to tell u if he achieve full removal they sent him.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by alexleo(m): 9:37am On Jan 16, 2012
For all i care, Jonathan is moving on the right track. This is not America. Nigeria protesters are usually mixed up with people whose understanding of protest is violence, stealing and killing of each other. Let this protest nonsense stop. Let the subsidy be removed entirely. If GEJ keeps quiet u people will say he is weak, when he reacts u people will say he is anti masses. Make una stop all these ur foolish comments on Jonathan. U people occupied last week and GEJ allowed u, and now its his turn to occupy thru the army. Pls keep your mouth shut.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by honeric01(m): 9:38am On Jan 16, 2012
Things GEJ said by not saying in his speech:

1) If I call you protesters miscreants and instruct ministers and media to do so, the whole world will believe me and will not blame me for killing you
2) I have to protect my friends. They provided the funds I bribed you with pre election. Have you quickly forgotten how much money you made off them? All the times you went away smiling with tablets and dollars, you did not know you would need to pay it back? They need to make their money back so please shut the f*ck up. Can you now see why I am angry with you
3) We still need N1b for food. We are hungry in Aso Rock. I worked hard to get re-elected. I kissed a lot of a*ses I hated and humbled myself, and you don't want me to enjoy the fruit of my labour?
4) The Oil is not even your own. We Ijaws have been subsidising you for years. Did yorubas Nigeria with their cocoa? It is our money and we must chop it.
5) The people or should I say miscreants that died, died for nothing. How dare they kick against my command?
6) I don't know what else you want me to do - at least I am now pretending to address corruption. When last did anybody do that?
7) If you do not like my regime, get out of my country.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by dmainboss: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2012
In preparation for A state of emergency!

Bode George for administrator? Any Other suggestions?

lol
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 16, 2012
alexleo:

For all i care, Jonathan is moving on the right track. This is not America. Nigeria protesters are usually mixed up with people whose understanding of protest is violence, stealing and killing of each other. Let this protest nonsense stop. Let the subsidy be removed entirely. If GEJ keeps quiet u people will say he is weak, when he reacts u people will say he is anti masses. Make una stop all these your foolish comments on Jonathan. U people occupied last week and GEJ allowed u, and now its his turn to occupy thru the army. Pls keep your mouth shut.

Are you serious? The only violence we have seen so far was policemen killing unarmed protesters. Is it a crime in Nigeria to protest a government policy you don't like?
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by jidewin(m): 9:46am On Jan 16, 2012
GEJ have quietly declared 'state of emergency'in lagos state.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by karlmax2: 9:49am On Jan 16, 2012
In GEJ'S speech and I quote "Let me assure you that government will continue to respect the people's right to express themselves within the confines of the law and in accordance with the dictates of our democratic space"

If Ʊ protest under the confines of the law Ʊ don't have to be scared of the soldiers protest but don't block the roads and disturb people who don't want to join their foolish protest
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 16, 2012
dmainboss:

In preparation for A state of emergency!

Bode George for administrator? Any Other suggestions?

lol

grin he should first declare state of emergency in Aso rock. He said Boko haram was in his bedroom, in his govt, police. What a funny subsidized woman masquerading as a man we have in Aso Villa.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by sammoR: 9:50am On Jan 16, 2012
Nigerians, why are sentiments bliindfolding us? They say boko haram's next target is Lagos and have deployed soldiers to forestall any such incidence and you just go on and on about state of emergency? Pls. Fashola is not stupid at all. Let's for once give our leaders some credit.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by sammoR: 9:54am On Jan 16, 2012
One bomb in the middle of people protesting, do you know that could start a civil war? Why are we soo blind? Everything the govt does has to be to oppress? Na wa for Nigerians oo.
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by ceejayluv(m): 9:55am On Jan 16, 2012
alexleo:

For all i care, Jonathan is moving on the right track. This is not America. Nigeria protesters are usually mixed up with people whose understanding of protest is violence, stealing and killing of each other. Let this protest nonsense stop. Let the subsidy be removed entirely. If GEJ keeps quiet u people will say he is weak, when he reacts u people will say he is anti masses. Make una stop all these your foolish comments on Jonathan. U people occupied last week and GEJ allowed u, and now its his turn to occupy thru the army. Pls keep your mouth shut.

u are right, bros.  Protests are a part and parcel of democracy but trying to arm-twist the govt is not! I am even disappointed Dat GEJ  reduced the price to 97. It means he has removed d subsidy and restored it partially. Thats retrogressive. Anyway, i know d subsidy will b totally taken out by April. And NASS wil now pass the PIB wit d speed they passed anti-same sex marriage bill. Diezani is a high-octane technocrat. Likewise NOI and SLS.  U dont expect them to tell u only wat u want to hear- thats the work of political appointees. They stand for the truth and im solidly behind them.!!
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by honeric01(m): 9:56am On Jan 16, 2012
[size=18pt]Princess Adeyemi wrote: I confirm to you this morning (7:46am) that Pastor Tunde Bakare has been arrested on order of GEJ. This is bringing back the regime of Abacha. GEJ shld immediately release Pastor Bakare. Pls broadcast to all your social media contact. Pls call +2348023411451 for further confirmation.[/size]
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by tonardo(m): 9:57am On Jan 16, 2012
with or without the military, u hungry protesters can still go out occupy ojota , play music, drama,free food and pure water,, Lagos like carnival

peaceful protest turn in 2 carnival

lagos na waooh
Re: Soldiers Flood Lagos Streets As Jonathan Orders To Forestall #occupynigeria Prot by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 16, 2012
where is Bakare et al? Shame to all of you if you don't occupy Ojota today. The test of Iron is in the furnace. Occupy Ojota today or remain silent forever. mtchwww.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps / Governor Rochas Okorocha Covers Media Room Hub Magazine / Court Bars Finance Minister, Others From Slashing Salaries Of Medical Doctors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.