Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out (8896 Views)

Shocked When I Saw My Bride Price List. / HELP!!! Ever Since I Entered University, No Guy Has Asked Me For Sex / No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2006
i would really appreciate it if this thread is gonna stay up that we all should use the word HANDICAPPED instead of CRIPPLE. cos the latter is kinda inappropriate. THANKS Y"ALL
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Rhodalyn(f): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2006
a handicapped man asked you out? shocked shocked shocked shocked aint you a man yourself, or is the handicapped man gay? shocked shocked shocked shocked i dont think there's anything wrong even if you were a female and he asked you out i mean everyone is entittled to his or her own right and i think he has the right to love and ask someone out even if that person aint his class
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Rhodalyn(f): 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2006
sorry about that i saw the post above mine and thought it was the one who posted ths thread that was why i asked if you werent a man yourself
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2006
yeah i figured.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Rhodalyn(f): 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2006
so you saw it huh? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and i meant to type sorry not soor cheesy cheesy
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Ynot(m): 6:58pm On Mar 17, 2006
What good will that do? Colouring the word aint gon make him less crippled. Unfortunately, he's crippled and have to accept that.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2006
nobody ever said saying he was handicapped as opposed to cripple would make him walk again and nobody said he hadnt accepted it. but then u forget that terminologies make a lot of difference. saying someone is intellectually challenged doesnt mean he is dumb does it.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2006
miss rhodalyn no harm done at all. its one of them things.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by bunkbobo: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2006
Discrimination against the disabled  is an ugly truth we see in our society everyday  cry.
Alas being disabled is not by choice or a matter one should make fun of  . cry
If you don't want to go out with a disabled guy, so good and fair, thats your free choice,
But why bring it up here in a forum to make fun of the disability of other persons.? cry
Me thinks this to be the most wicked thread of all , makes me want to puke  embarassed
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Rhodalyn(f): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy awww you're been so damn sweet hope you aint one yourself cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
i do agree with you looks like the disabled do not have a chance with the abled thats sad but thats how it is i wish it wasnt but then it is cry cry cry
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Rhodalyn(f): 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2006
ohh i just realized it' you up there bunkbobo, how're you doing?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 7:32pm On Mar 17, 2006
i'm not but i know people who are. and they dont act any different from some who aint
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by bunkbobo: 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2006
Roddy dear[Rhodalyn],
i'm fine and i am against any form of discrimination against any body, be it for reasons of his physical, social, economical or political disability.
I feel so sad that someone could talk of a cripple as not being a human being fit for loving, forgetting that most people who became cripples in their later years were never born cripples, it could happen to anyone.yes including her!
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by stormz(m): 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2006
well///i always say listen to ur heart and use ur head, if u like him enof to go out wid him, do it, if u dnt,dnt let guilty conscience, ride u
girl, jus pray to God he'll tell u wat2 do
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by idiot(m): 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2006
must_a_far:

imagine going for a job interview or somn. and while waiting for your interviewer u see this handicapped fellow walk into the room. filled with life and all cheerful. but we all couldnt keep our thoughts to ourselves and kind of laughed enough for him to notice and know it was because of him. he didnt say nohin and just walked. u're called in by the interviewers assistant and voila u walk in to find the so called CRIPPLE is your interviewer and your potential BOSS. PAY BACK IS A BITCH! he has the choice to hire u or let u walk. what do u think he'd do? HIRE U OR LET U WALK?

hire me. . . . i thought we were nigerians here. . .you know. . .quick on our feet

- this really means we are fast thinkers

You walk in, shake whatever hand the man has available, and say, wow, I must say my friends and I could not help but be amazed at your positive outlook on life. Clearly, this is a great place for me to work. So, here is my resume, should I sit here?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by chinani(f): 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2006
[center]***Rolling my eyes***[/center]
Does anything pass for comedy around here? undecided
[center]***Sending Memo Entitled: Bad Taste Still Exists***[/center]
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Txlonghorn(m): 3:59am On Mar 18, 2006
chinani:

[center]***Rolling my eyes***[/center]
Does anything pass for comedy around here? undecided
[center]***Sending Memo Entitled: Bad Taste Still Exists***[/center]

Honey most people on here are so up tight it's like the have a bomb up their you know what waiting to explode. grin grin
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Txlonghorn(m): 4:02am On Mar 18, 2006
It's not cool to make fun of handicapped people though, I thought I get that pointed out before I get yelled at. cool cool
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by idiot(m): 4:09am On Mar 18, 2006
must_a_far:

nobody ever said saying he was handicapped as opposed to cripple would make him walk again and nobody said he hadnt accepted it. but then u forget that terminologies make a lot of difference. saying someone is intellectually challenged doesnt mean he is dumb does it.

umm. . yes, if you say someone is intellectually challenged, you are using fancy words to call the person an idiot.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by chinani(f): 4:30am On Mar 18, 2006
Txlonghorn:

Honey most people on here are so up tight it's like the have a bomb up their you know what waiting to explode. grin grin

Am I uptight? If you say so. You do know me so well. And here I thought I was just saying critiquing comedy, but little did I know wink Silly me. Perhaps next time I should end my post w/ "I'm very cool w/ jokes, I thought I should point that out before I get *yelled* at or pigeon holed." Next time then. wink

Txlonghorn:

It's not cool to make fun of handicapped people though, I thought I get that pointed out before I get yelled at. cool cool

Now, educate me, who was yelling?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Txlonghorn(m): 5:12am On Mar 18, 2006
chinani:

Am I uptight? If you say so. You do know me so well. And here I thought I was just saying critiquing comedy, but little did I know wink Silly me. Perhaps next time I should end my post w/ "I'm very cool w/ jokes, I thought I should point that out before I get *yelled* at or pigeon holed." Next time then. wink

Now, educate me, who was yelling?

Oh my God, honey you taking it all wrong.I was agreeing with you  grin grin. Now you making me feel bad. cry cryAnd no you not uptight for all I know.You know what I meant by being uptight right? and what do you mean by pigeon holed, was it something I said ?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by chinani(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2006
Apparently I'm very confused & I've just embarrased myself. undecided *Sigh* K, I'm over it. Best to all! cheesy And kiss to TxLonghorn for the misunderstanding.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Txlonghorn(m): 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2006
chinani:

Apparently I'm very confused & I've just embarrased myself. undecided *Sigh* K, I'm over it. Best to all! cheesy And kiss to TxLonghorn for the misunderstanding.

Honey we cool.Love to my Texas cuties kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by dude(m): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2006
@ spikedcylinder,

pu it the other way round and lets imagine u are the crippled one here. will it be "right" for a handsome none crippled guy to ask u out?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by whitelexi(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2006
grin I mean, u marry for love init? Then u cant blame the crippled for loving u, its an 'equal opportunities age' grin
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by SweetnSour(f): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2006
lmaoooooooo

I have never seen/heard such in my life but I can't blame u 4 d way u reacted.
It's totally natural.

It's hard to go with a crippled soul but who knows what love can do?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by chinani(f): 11:38pm On Mar 20, 2006
SweetnSour:

lmaoooooooo

I have never seen/heard such in my life but I can't blame u 4 d way u reacted.
It's totally natural.

It's hard to go with a crippled soul but who knows what love can do?

I think your Freudian slip says what other people on this thread are thinking SweetnSour. lipsrsealed But it is wrong, however unintentional. The man was physically handicapped, he did NOT have a "crippled soul".
There's a difference. Or didn't you know that? undecided

* Freudian slip* (noun)
: a slip of the tongue that is motivated by and reveals some unconscious aspect of the mind
http://m-w.com/dictionary/freudian%20slip
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 3:35am On Mar 21, 2006
thot i was the only one that feels like this but whether cripple or not. the most important thing is "TO SEARCH FOR THE FIRE THAT BURNS WITHIN"
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by thekrafter(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2006
chinani:

I think your Freudian slip says what other people on this thread are thinking SweetnSour. lipsrsealed But it is wrong, however unintentional. The man was physically handicapped, he did NOT have a "crippled soul".

How true chinani [claps]

Unfortunately, most people with some kind of handicap have been hurt through their lives by people's attitudes towards them (like in this thread for instance). I believe that must affect most of them in SOME way. It takes an emotionally strong person to react to that in a positive way. Having said that, one of the most beautiful women I know (inside and outside) is handicapped. She's married (to a handsome man), has children, and lives a fulfilling life. The first time I saw them, I thought, "Oh she's so lucky!". Later I realized she was no luckier than he was. Any man would be proud to have her as his wife.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by t4cash(m): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2006
@thekrafter, as someone who once loved a handicapped, I appreciate what you mean. People should be judged as a whole not on only one aspect.

& What matters most, is what is inside.

Focus on the inside and weigh all positives against the negatives. You may find that you could live comfortably with the disability (or even enjoy it, yes, at least the prospects of his cheating may be reduced).
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by urmother: 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2006
i think stormz is the most goodlookin creation on earth!
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by glodave(f): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2006
cripple or nt cripple love dont see that ok! jt follow ur heart. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Ugliest Photos Ever / I Was Watching This Naughty Thing, Then This Happened +18 [Picture] / Ladies Do You Enjoy Your Buttocks Being Squeezed During Cuddle? by man of list

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.