Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out (8895 Views)

Shocked When I Saw My Bride Price List. / HELP!!! Ever Since I Entered University, No Guy Has Asked Me For Sex / No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2006
Am just seeing this after about 3 weeks.I agree with whoever said people on this site are so uptight!
WHERE,TELL ME WHERE DID I EVER MAKE FUN OF THE CRIPPLED MAN?WHERE DID I SAY I LAUGHED AT HIM?WHERE HUN?
(for your information,i just yelled!).
Does anyone not get the concept of "freaking out"?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Rhodalyn(f): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2006
cuul down gal, i do
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 2:15pm On Apr 16, 2006
Thank you!
But am still fuming, angry
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Rhodalyn(f): 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy dnt, chill out cheesy kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Greatpeter(m): 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2006
Huh! Spikedcylinder.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by whitelexi(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2006
No, spikedcylinder, Explode grin
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by chinani(f): 6:46pm On Apr 16, 2006
Spikedcylinder I'm confused. What are you upset about?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by mustafar1: 3:10am On Apr 17, 2006
people misconstrued wat u said. but some of the replies were not directly related to wat u posted. some were related to the replies some people gave later on
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2006
chinani,am upset because someone assumed that i was laughing at my crippled friend.I wasnt laughing,i just freaked out, in the sense that i started staring embarrassingly and uncontrollably at him and the conversation became a little less smooth.
Being crippled in not a disease,i would never laugh at anyone that is crippled,i just cant find love interest in a crippled person because the appearance of a person is one of the things am attracted to.GEDDIT?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by whitelexi(m): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2006
Interesting! So looks now matter in a relationship undecided Nice to meet someone with my kind of reasoning! wink
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2006
Looks matter to me,yes.I cant feel fondly about someone unless am attracted to him.
Am not saying you have to be drop dead gorgeous(as am not perfect myself!)but at least,presentable.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by dremoney(m): 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2006
my dear,its in two ways, either u look like a cripple urself orr ur walking is as good as a cripple.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2006
what exactly does that mean?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by idiot(m): 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2006
who said you laughed?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2006
If you read through the whole thread,you'll know who said it.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by idiot(m): 8:47pm On Jun 25, 2006
i did, i didn't see anything

why don't you copy and paste the post where the person said it?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by ushergirl(f): 5:59am On Jun 28, 2006
lol.then what exactly was ur reaction?.cause i'm thinking of him holding u arm in arm.sorry if i'm toying with ur feelings but this is a nice one lollllllllll.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2006
No hard feelings ushergirl.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by BigSis(f): 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2007
Physical attraction is the first thing you notice about a person. This has to exist if there is to be any physical intimacy. I think the girl's attitude is normal. Most of us would not be interested in a physically challenged person, just because looks are very important.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by ollylord: 4:44am On Jun 16, 2007
kip it up cause u may not know he may be ur future patner
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Kashif(m): 12:46pm On Jun 16, 2007
He will get married to a lady eventually.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by OmoEko1(f): 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2007
Are crippled people not Human Being , I swear Nigerians are very ignorant. They treat immobilize people badly angry angry, and that is what Americans will never do.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by spikedcylinder: 7:01am On Jul 31, 2007
And you, omo eko, you have the highest regard for human beings as a non Nigerian abi? undecided angry
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by sylvao2000(m): 9:41am On Jul 31, 2007
@poster l am kinda confuse here with your post dont you thing this could be offency to the victims. do you really know the word descriminate?. Please take this post out of here ok or l will pray for you for God to make you fall in love for one.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by kanmosyl(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2007
There are many things we left on our in life,
plz don't let us forget the fact that a physically challenged person
doesn't ask or pray for it and besides he's just physically challenged
not mentally or intellectually challenged.
I must tell you that there are pple who will enjoy their marriages with pple who are
challenged one way or the other than those who are upright.
@Poster,
I m not saying u should go ahead with what doesn't suite u as we all have laid down procedures and principles for every aspect of our lives, so if u dont find him upright enough to ur taste why dont u just make him a friend, be proud of him and tell him u have someone u are dating already, im so sure this will make him feel relaxed and always make him happy too by encouraging him.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by holythug(m): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2008
cripple no b human being. . .wat if u av an accident & . . .tell dat 2 d birds
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by gentledove(f): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ poster,

i cant believe a creature of God is saying this about the other person. for the fact that a person is handicapped does not mean he is an 'osu'. he is human for God's sake and if he has asked you out, he is only being a man.

please dont 'run other people down' like this again. its not fair.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Orimolade(m): 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
if it is the will of God for u, nothing can change that, u will grow 2 love him
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by TOYOSI20(f): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2008
Orimolade:

if it is the will of God for u, nothing can change that, u will grow 2 love him

TRUE.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by holythug(m): 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2008
?
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by Sisikill: 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2008
I want to apologize in advance for what I’m about to say. From what I've read so far, some people are bound to take offense.

All you people who are jumping down other people's throat for not going out or for saying they can't marry someone who's handicapped let me ask you this. . .would you rather they said yes out of pity? I mean obviously those who say they wouldn’t go out with someone who is handicapped would only do it out of pity or societal obligation. Oh I’m sure many here would applaud them, for being “deep” and altruistic and all is well that ends well, la di da. . .right but you’re forgetting something here. . . What would the person they are going out with feel? Bet you didn’t think of their feelings matter and THAT my friends, is worse than a pity date any day any time. Do you think he’d appreciate the fact that PITY is the only reason he scored a date?

From reading all the responses, I have yet to any post asking what the handicapped person really wants. Everyone is just going on the assumption that he doesn’t have a choice in the matter. Did anyone ever picture a scenarios where she does say yes, and after a date or two, he heads for the hills because he realizes she’s not his type (no offense to you poster just trying to make a point). Seriously, how many of you have met someone, thought you liked and after getting to know them, you go “what the heck was I thinking?“ The point is that you people are carrying on as if he’s lost his only chance at love because she refused to go out with him. YOUR reaction to HER reaction says more about YOU than it does about HER. You are the ones who really think his handicap poses a problem to him finding real love. . .if you didn’t, you won’t be on her case for saying no. Again, what you are doing is worse than what the one who rejected him has done. . .you think because he has some form of handicap, he should him to be grateful to anyone who will show him some love. I've seen a situation where a guy in a wheel chair turned down a girl because she's not his type. YES, THEY ALSO HAVE TYPES despite their handicaps they have the same emotions like people who aren‘t handicapped.

Another thing, please stop vilifying those people who have been honest in saying they can’t be with someone who's handicapped. Some people just aren't emotionally strong for it. Emotional strength is very important in ANY RELATIONSHIP. There are so many thing some of us aren’t emotionally equipped to handle. . .in law problems, a husband or wife with a roving eye, poverty and so many more. Everyone has their emotional plateau and it is usually advisable to know what it is before venturing into a relationship. Please, understand that I am not advocating that you cut and run once you identify what you think is your peak. . .I am a firm believer in the saying what doesn’t kill us will make us stronger. I am just saying, in doing do so. . .that is identify what you can take and how far you can take it, you know what areas you need to work on, if you do decide to go full steam ahead into the relationsip.

Two things before I end my early morning rant. . .

1)NEVER CONFUSE PITY WITH LOVE. IT MAKES A RELATIONSHIP DOA (For those who don’t know what that means, it is DEAD ON ARRIVAL)

2) MATTERS OF THE HEART ARE NEVER SIMPLE AND TRYING PRETEND IT IS, ONLY MAKES IT HARDER.

@ Poster
This does not make you a bad person, it only makes you human. . .a honest one at that.
Re: I Was Shocked When A Crippled Man Asked Me Out by holythug(m): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2008
true truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Scarcity (a Must Read) Written By A Lady / The Girl Who Exposes Her B00bs During Cultural Day / She's Ugly But She Gets Big Boobs And Tight Pvssy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.