Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference (7908 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Burkina Faso Prime Minister Died Suddenly During A Press Conference In Turkey / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala And Occupy Nigeria Group: Twitter Fight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by alexleo(m): 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
For all i care, Jonathan is moving in the right direction irrespective of pockets of errors here and there. He is a human being after all. Lets give him a chance to work and stop all this rubbish protests.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by 4everGod1: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^ Go and suck on a crocodiles tongue
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by ogazi007(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2012
God bless SNG.Bakare should have allowed Turai and Aondoakaa to send Gej packing from Abuja to Bayelsa.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by owochy(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
Nigerians applauded the Arab Spring but are very quick to adjust to their own govt's civilian dictatorship & oppression, This is one country whose citizens have accepted crimes, corruption, govt's oppression & ineptitude as a way of life. Truly we deserve the kind of leaders we get. When pushed to the wall they either break the wall or climb over it to keep running, Haba. Instead of supporting those that still have the balls to challenge govt's policies or shut their dirty traps, they analyse along religious & tribal lines, Fela, Gani & some well meaning activists have been fighting these injustice & oppression since the 70s & our philosophy as a people still hasn't changed - what kind of leaders does one expect from a cursed bunch of followers!!!!! Martin Luther King & Desmond Tutu were both clergymen when they led protests against black segregation & apartheid regime in the US & SA respectively. What is the problem with a pastor leading a protest or politicking, haba.Some of us have decided to grow up & focus on the message & not the messenger irrrspective of religious, tribal or political leaning, to resist oppression, challenge govt's policies & ultimately refuse poverty, corruption etc as a way of life. PTB, u shall never know sorrow for the rest of ur God blessed life
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by vinmol: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2012
FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE DELIBRATELY COME HERE TO INSULT BAKARE BECOS HE IS FIGHTING FOR THE COMMON MAN, I HAVE ONE THING TO TELL ALL YOU HATERS, MAY YOU BE INSULTED AND SPAT ON FOR YOUR GOOD TO FELLOW MEN

MAY PPLE INSULT AND BEAT YOU UP FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
MAY YOU WAKE UP ONE DAY AND YOUR CHILDREN WILL KICK YOU OUT OF THE LIVES BECOS YOU ONCE CORRECTED THEM
STUPID SILLY NIGERIANS

BAKARE WELL DONE! YOUR GOOD IS WELL KNOWN TO US WHO VALUE WHAT YOU STAND FOR
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by chineds(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2012
@all who have posted for and against this, i salute you all. I will also plead that we remove sentiments whenever we want to post on sensitive issues like this. What we make of today awaits for us in the future. We may be spitting rubbish that we will come back tomorrow to brood upon. Lets all think before well before posting. Most people that visit this site see our posts as representations of Nigerians' mentality. Most times, we post within ethnic and religious divides and it is of no good for our co-existence.

As for the issue on ground, i must say that what Nigeria needs at this point is a total reorientation which has to start somewhere. Of course, just very few can be convinced that the present day government can do anything about her electorates but i dont think all hope is lost. The plain truth is that the system is too bad that it can corrupt even an angel once you get into the terrain but that is not a reason not to try to fight it at all. In as much as i hated Pastor Bakare for his silence over the violence that ensued after the elections in 2011, i must say that i am a bit impressed for the events of the past few days. whether he is doing it to score cheap political points or not, a start like that is not bad at all. Lets not discourage those voices because tomorrow, we may realize that what is playing out today will shape our tomorrow.

we must learn to remove tribalism from our hearts if we must live together as a nation else we will be validating that assumption that we don't have any Nation like Nigeria.

Also, i have a very big advice for the present leadership; PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH. Today is still early but tomorrow may be too late. 'Throw me away but not my words', Chika Okpala -Igbo Gospel musician
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by 4everGod1: 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2012
Let me Quote something from Mohamed Ali and I believe this is what is happening with we Nigerians who are on the side of SNG and Bakare

"A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing."

God bless Nigeria, SNG and those Saying "NEVER AGAIN"!
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by owochy(m): 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
Nigerians applauded the Arab Spring but are very quick to adjust to their own govt's civilian dictatorship & oppression, This is one country whose citizens have accepted crimes, corruption, govt's oppression & ineptitude as a way of life. Truly we deserve the kind of leaders we get.

When pushed to the wall they either break the wall or climb over it to keep running, Haba. Instead of supporting those that still have the balls to challenge govt's policies or shut their dirty traps, they analyse along religious & tribal lines, Fela, Gani & some well meaning activists have been fighting these injustice & oppression since the 70s & our philosophy as a people still hasn't changed - what kind of leaders does one expect from a cursed bunch of followers!!!!!

Martin Luther King & Desmond Tutu were both clergymen when they led protests against black segregation & apartheid regime in the US & SA respectively. What is the problem with a pastor leading a protest or politicking, haba.

Some of us have decided to grow up & focus on the message & not the messenger irrrspective of religious, tribal or political leaning, to resist oppression, challenge govt's policies & ultimately refuse poverty, corruption etc as a way of life. PTB, u shall never know sorrow for the rest of your God blessed life
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by gaddafe(m): 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
To see that people still believe in such fake pastors is totally appalling.

Is not clear enough that he is tryin to gain support for the next election.

Pls i want you people to tell me, how many Imam do you see contesting election or leading protest that are politically motivated. what PTB should do is to pray for the country and its leaders not compounding their problems.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by 4everGod1: 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^ Like i said to someone else "Go and suck on a crocodiles tongue"
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by gaddafe(m): 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2012
4everGod1:

^^^ Like i said to someone else "Go and suck on a crocodiles tongue"

Bleep off!
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by laCapri: 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2012
Every true man of God is earnestly praying for the peace of Nigeria, another pastor is busy causing civil unrest.
God has already started judging you.
Bakare doesn't see anything wrong with the activities of boko haram, but he wants to sue the FG to court over oil subsidy
bakare am ashamed of you
your a.ss is so exposed
HYPOCRITE.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by akings100: 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2012
To those abusin Tunde Bakare, i know ur brain is under ur feet, may God 4give u all. Rather than commend his bold steps against pdp's corrupt govt, bad governance, inept leadrshp, u chose 2nail him. We nd more courageous preachr like Bakare. May God continue 2bles him wit wisdom IJN.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by dejust(m): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2012
That man called Bakare is loosing substance by the day. He should leave the mases alone and pursue his political ambition in cpc. Let him stop teaching us disobident and voilent.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by IOludayo(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2012
We exclusively represent Aglomar SL, Monaco, Spain, makers of 2 in 1 dual purpose plaster paint and interior decoration products. Our products save you the costs of cement, paint and sand as well as painting and plastering wages. They have been successfully used in Lagos and Ogun States. It provides a unique, water proof finishing for interior and exterior use with the paint being durable for 12 years. It gives your building a unique, beautiful and classy look. It can be used for homes, factories, hotels etc

We wish to partner with individuals, architects engineers, estate developers and builders throughout the country. Contact Ugo-Rosis & Associates on 081 8836 0168, 081 3223 2989. Distributors and marketers wanted nationwide.

see us online at /ugo-rosis OR connect with the Biz Dev Manager on facebook.com/isaacbiz
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by robin707(m): 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2012
please can someone tell me where the SAVE NIGERIA GROUP, and the good pastor where when the people of the lekki axis were protesting against the high tolls, coz i dont recall hearing a word from them then, and niether did i hear from soyinka. BRF, and his ACN colleagues are aginst the deployment of soldiers in lagos, forgetting that just last month, they let loose mobile police and armed thugs on innocent , and peaceful protesters at lekki. Well as they say "what goes around comes around".
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by alexleo(m): 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2012
@4everGod1,
keep deceiving yourself, you think am interested in that rubbish you wrote? Pls write more of it. I couldnt be bothered.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
i dont knw if i should laugh or cry, but damn, to those abusing bakare, something must be wrong somewhere for yall, i have known in my 18 years of life, that nigeria can never move forward, we are truly as corrupt a our leaders is. no moving forward, just going backward for 9ja cry
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by 4everGod1: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2012
@alexleo: Guy make i change am for you. If you no dey bothered with wetin i dey write abeg u in the name of God make u go hug transformer wey i just piss put. Shikena
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by Koolking(m): 7:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
Parnassuss:

Are you even in Nigeria? Which one be betrayal by the NLC, we all knew subsidy would be removed it ws just supposed to be more humanely and a lot of check ought to have been in place to balance out the effects. Look, it's people like u that'll just read a text aand start idolizing any Okoro, Ade or Ibrahim who can type properly. Don't get carried away with all this yarns, let them start to act and lets judge them for that and that alone.

Hey dude, I DONT idolize people irrespective of your extraordinaire (it does not make you a god). N65 reversal was not too much to ask from an insensitive govt. NLC/TUC should have stood their ground in order to achieve their aim after all Nigerians were stoutly behind them. You could feel the pangs of disappointment and despair (as if their lives depended on that) when the protest was called off by organised labour yet the mission was not accomplished. Nigerians deserve better deals even with subsidy or no subsidy. It is high time we stood our ground until our demands are met. It is time we started saying 'NO' and mean it if we are to effect change. This is our country.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by bodejohn(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
Like we have all come to agree on, we deserve the type of leaders we get. Even if Bakare has political and personal gains to achieve can anyone dispute the fact that GEJ's PDP lead govt. played into his hands. Even for those that supported subsidy removal, are you also in support of the wasteful spending of govt as depicted in the national budget. PTB, did not only pull the Ojota crowd because of his eloquence, it was the failure of the govt that provided him the platform. Gani came, Nigerians said he was better an activist than a president, Pat Utomi came, we said e sabi too much book, yet we still complain about bad leadership. Even when a mad man is talking, if you listen carefully you might find wisdom in it. I join PTB to say to our govt "cut this wasteful spending and stop chasing shadows"
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by ceah(m): 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
God Bless SNG. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by baby4u2(f): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
@all, one thing at a time. What is wrong with the people asking where was SNG here and there? The movement has started, stop asking why did they not start since. Bakare has been speaking for the longest. NIGERIANs please you need to demand change. Whether GEJ is president or not, we need to hold those in government to the highest standard.

Someone said Nigeria can't change. What type of reasoning is that please? So you will train your child to bribe his/her way through life, because hey, its the way of life in Nigeria. Funny, i was watching an American show and they were investigating a Mayor that they claimed stole about $2million dollars. I'm like wowwwwwwwww, ordinary local chief can steal way more than that in Nigeria.  Nigerian's, aren't you tired of we being rich and a choosen few getting to loot your money right before your very eyes? This is not about GEJ its about the Nigerian government, its about the way we as the people are treated by those who are suppose to act in our best interest. If change has to start now, let it pleaseeeeeeeeee.

If you like sit in your house and take the back sit. People are ready to speak out, not fearing death, and some are insulting and my oh my. Nigerians lets wake up together.

It's funny how we Nigerian's here abroad are loud and proud, but things in our country are not working well. I am well ashamed to even have to constantly be explaning oil this, boko haram this, corruption that. People need to be held accountable. Our people are being killed, government cannot step up. Why didnt some people ask where the military was when bombings where going on. Why they werent deployed when treats where made to christians. Now ohhhhhhhh, because of strike the high and mighty military is telling people to do frog jump (literally). wonderfulllllllll.

Nigeria will change, whether some of you like it or not. If its Bakare that holds the government to a higher standard then we should support him. PLEASE ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by Skii(m): 7:45pm On Jan 17, 2012
The daftest opinion so far is accusing PTB of not protesting against Boko Haram as if it is in his place to do so?

The &*£2@! that was elected at the centre couldn't and hasn't summoned the courage to release the military against Boko Haram, yet it was easy to do so against defenceless citizens. Tyranny, Cowardice and Shame I would say.

We better be happy we have someone like PTB. Nobody is perfect, Even if some of his attributes are disliked, we all have shades of the good, bad and ugly.

bodejohn:

Like we have all come to agree on, we deserve the type of leaders we get. Even if Bakare has political and personal gains to achieve can anyone dispute the fact that GEJ's PDP lead govt. played into his hands. Even for those that supported subsidy removal, are you also in support of the wasteful spending of govt as depicted in the national budget. PTB, did not only pull the Ojota crowd because of his eloquence, it was the failure of the govt that provided him the platform. Gani came, Nigerians said he was better an activist than a president, Pat Utomi came, we said e sabi too much book, yet we still complain about bad leadership. Even when a mad man is talking, if you listen carefully you might find wisdom in it. I join PTB to say to our govt "cut this wasteful spending and stop chasing shadows"
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by baby4u2(f): 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Skii, you are a correct guy.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by Skii(m): 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
Infact I was just going to praise your post
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by chosen04(f): 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2012
la Capri:

[b]Every true man of God is earnestly praying for the peace of Nigeria, another pastor is busy causing civil unrest.[/b]God has already started judging you.
Bakare doesn't see anything wrong with the activities of boko haram, but he wants to sue the FG to court over oil subsidy
bakare am ashamed of you
your behind is so exposed
HYPOCRITE.

So where is the PEACE that every TRUE man of God in niGERia has been preaching na? . . . . . . . . . .Cos i cant see any.
If every so-called True men of God has been preaching PEACE and yet PEACE alludes us it therefore means that GOD is not interested in their CHARADE PRAYERS.

Thus, i will rather suport the fellow whose fight gave us N44 less in fuel pump price.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by OmoTier1(m): 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2012
Thank God for people like T.Bakare, Femi Falana, the 'vultures' in Nigeria wouldn't have waited till mid night to 'eat' Nigerians raw! May God raise more of thier type in the land and never again shall a child be born after the spirit of GEJ in Nigeria !
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by 4everGod1: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^ Gbam!
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by tunjidj3: 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
special thanks to you all comerade people like pastor bakare ,baba femi falanan ,our imam and clegy may almighty God bless u all ,you are the hope of nigeria today never give up struglejust begun.aluta continual victoria assata.
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by 4everGod1: 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
Pugna manet victoria certa est, Thats Latin for "The struggle continues and victory is certain"
Re: Full Text Of Save Nigeria Group Press Conference by 4everGod1: 8:51pm On Jan 17, 2012
Sto, et in parte SNG Tunde Bakare Pastor et credo et Nigeria potest esse melior. For those who don't understand Latin, ask me to translate grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Live Report Kwara Bye Election / Boko-Haram: Christian Youths Opposes Amnesty / Breakingnews: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [letter Included]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.