Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner (2144 Views)

Guys Have No Right To Be So Choosy / Why Are Some Guys Choosy? / Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by anonymus11: 4:29am On Jan 18, 2012
ok I am serious now. no more hanky panky tongue. don't you think we human beings are the architect of our misfortune. we set our standards and criteria so high that everyone that come our way are not eligible. i am very choosy too. everyone wants good looks, wealth, security but can we all have it. arent othe people eyeing those quality attributes that you need too. can we try and reduce the criteria or manage who we see.
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by slimyem: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2012
^why the 'we'?
Why not just talk about you?
Its not like you know 'we' btw. grin grin
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Mynd44: 7:45am On Jan 18, 2012
Everybody has taste and what they would go for. Even animals prefer a certain quality in the opposite sex. It's just nature
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by MrCork17: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
They must either be Blonde or Brunette with Blue eyes. I dont do weaves, Braids, fake pony horse tail rasta or ricky marley! angry
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Mynd44: 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2012
We all know your taste
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by doeeyed: 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2012
@ op, Suppose u r right to a degree.

Got to live with this person for the rest of ur life, hopefully
Men , u got to choose well.

The harder bit is making yourself into what they wl desire most,
That one dey quite difficult.

Realistically though, pruning ur list to mandatory and optional is the way to go.
On the mandatory list, a max of 5 things u simply can't do without, from a very mature point of view is appropriate.

This advice is a bit prescriptive but helps.
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Mynd44: 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2012
I am sorry DOE but I disagree with you to a certain level. You might have some things you can't do without and you look for a partner who also likes those things but sometime there are things you would enjoy but you have not tried it yet. So if you say you can only be with someone who you have similar intrests with how will you see the other side of life? Things you would enjoy but don't know will be fun until you meet someone who does it?
Sometimes it is good to be open hearted go out with even the supposed wierd ones. You never know they might just convert you so to say
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by doeeyed: 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2012
@ Mynd_44,
I understand the bit about having an adventurous approach n open to trying new things.

The mandatory list r things I hold dearly, life principles or tenets that are not dependent on time-induced changes.
Not necessarily physical attributes or intellectual quests.

Eg your significant other may not ski or a have a collection of degrees or even know the difference BTW Manet or Monet. But there should be an inquisitive attitude n need to keep improving. Eg I don't ballroom dance but would love to learn. Similarly some Naija musicians r definitely not Schubert or Kenny G to me, still I can appreciate their genre.
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Mynd44: 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
Okay cool
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 19, 2012
@OP
the important point here is NOT what kind of fish you set your eyes upon, BUT RATHER, do you have what it takes to catch such a nice/big fish. . . . . . . . . . . and how long are you ready to starve yourself before you settle for a common sardine?

wishes are just that, WISHES. . . . . . but if you are the big fish yourself then i certainly understand why you wouldnt want to settle for anything less.

so i say NO, there is no such thing as setting the bar too high, so long as you are willing to stand by your high standards all the way. i think the problem is more about people being too weak to stand for what they desire and instead settle for less thinking that they will never meet that "big fish".

PS: i wont even talk about unrealistic wishes, such as guys who look like King Kong, have no prospects in life, nothing to offer in a union AND have no bedroom game but yet wants it all in a woman. . . . . . . . or women who want it all but yet have nothing BUT coochie to bring to the table.
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by freecocoa(f): 12:04am On Jan 19, 2012
A slim guy in the house? Holla.
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Mynd44: 12:10am On Jan 19, 2012
holla. But which house you dey talk?
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by claremont(m): 10:10am On Jan 19, 2012
In this day and age of 7 ladies to 1 man, some Nigerian ladies still enjoy having criteria a man must pass before they date him. Okay nah, I just dey laff.  grin
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by cynthiafred67(f): 11:26am On Jan 19, 2012
Mr, Cork:

They must either be Blonde or Brunette with Blue eyes. I dont do weaves, Braids, fake pony horse tail rasta or ricky marley! angry

^^^ we all knw ur taste. . . Its not a new thing
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by GWslim(f): 11:53am On Jan 19, 2012
The need to choose based on character rating is necessary for your lasting peace in relationship, because character of the both parties must be coherence.
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Goldieluks: 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
Mr, Cork:

They must either  be Blonde or Brunette with Blue eyes.  I dont do weaves, Braids, fake pony horse tail  rasta or ricky marley! angry

So your still in search of your white woman. Life is shitt innit?
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Basildon1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@OP
the important point here is NOT what kind of fish you set your eyes upon, BUT RATHER, do you have what it takes to catch such a nice/big fish. . . . . . . . . . . and how long are you ready to starve yourself before you settle for a common sardine?

wishes are just that, WISHES. . . . . . but if you are the big fish yourself then i certainly understand why you wouldnt want to settle for anything less.

so i say NO, there is no such thing as setting the bar too high, so long as you are willing to stand by your high standards all the way. i think the problem is more about people being too weak to stand for what they desire and instead settle for less thinking that they will never meet that "big fish".

PS: i wont even talk about unrealistic wishes, such as guys who look like King Kong, have no prospects in life, nothing to offer in a union AND have no bedroom game but yet wants it all in a woman. . . . . . . . or women who want it all but yet have nothing BUT coochie to bring to the table.
Some men get real lucky tho!! Trust me on that. Seen some wedding pictures that baffle me till today!
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Mynd44: 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by randyorton: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
[size=13pt]
claremont:

[b]In this day and age of 7 ladies to 1 man, some Nigerian ladies still enjoy having criteria a man must pass before they date him. Okay nah, I just dey laff.  grin

women wey dey set standards would end up marrying the available and not the desirable. what do these women bring to the table. IMO,nothing. Punnanie isnt enough. [/b][/size]
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
Basildon1:

Some men get real lucky tho!! Trust me on that. Seen some wedding pictures that baffle me till today!

"luck" has very little to do with anything, and you should NEVER dismiss the power of money OR desperation!!!!
Re: Being To Choosy When Selecting A Partner by Mynd44: 2:22am On Jan 26, 2012
Lol@ randyorton's signature

(1) (Reply)

Where Did You Meet You G.F/B.F / The Many Lies Of Women / "Dating Married Men... A Lady's Experience"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.