Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? (20719 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry / Igbos and Yorubas should stop displaying their Stupidity. / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by 1virus(m): 1:12am On Jan 19, 2012
some times i dey ask my self, na only igbo and yoruba dey this country or na only una fit d war? Andw na them dey marry dey f, ck each other pass. Every time war war war them don born una that time? Abeg make pesin hear word 4 una.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by oduasolja: 1:27am On Jan 19, 2012
lol

landless igbo dey talk.

but ur people still dey troop to yoruba land everyday .

i laff oh.

compare the number of yorubas in igbo land to the number of igbo in yoruba land. 10 to 1.

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 1:36am On Jan 19, 2012
oduasolja:

lol

landless igbo dey talk.

but your people still dey troop to yoruba land everyday .

i laff oh.

compare the number of yorubas in igbo land to the number of igbo in yoruba land. 10 to 1.

dude shut the f up and go sleep

do you want to be the willy.willy version in yoruba

we already have the problem already, we don't need another bigoted mor.on to add to the problem.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by BlackPikiN(m): 1:42am On Jan 19, 2012
It is on record that after the Nigerian-Biafran war, the whole Igbo-yoruba war lives and die on the internet except for some demented soul who, in real life talk before they think like the former President, the daughter of an Afenifere chieftain, the former ambassador to the US, and presently, the f00l at the supreme court.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Crayola1: 2:58am On Jan 19, 2012
Would it kill you guys to actually talk to each other about thing without it becoming an insult match.
I know to some of you it doesn't matter but there are some who realize the fact that for a lot of people who are non-nigerian this place might be their first glimpse into Nigerian life and I doubt you want them to think that Nigerians are a bunch of animals at each others throats day in day out undecided
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by tpia5: 3:28am On Jan 19, 2012
Nedu abi nedull

you seem to be having wet dreams about oduduwa.

Yes, you admire him so much no doubt. He was what you aspire to be in your impossible fantasies.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Lasinoh: 5:49am On Jan 19, 2012
Like Judas loved Jesus of course.
Mu che che che che che che cheesy
I pity children from such unions.
Double curse! cry

WABIA CHILDREN. . . .NOT WAZOBIA children.
Double confusion. grin

They are BOTH 2 sides of the SAME coin. NEVER TRUST EITHER GROUP. . .Together, DOUBLE WHAMMY!!! cry
Tufiakwa!!!

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTVDDrUS4Y&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Na only the Hausa man I believe. . . Never trust an Igbo man or a Yoruba man. kiss Their women are even worse. I avoid them worse than the Bubonic Plague I swear. . . God forbid I say. . .GOD FORBID!!! grin
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by birdman(m): 5:49am On Jan 19, 2012
see*noevil:

Do Igbos hate yorubas ?? haba for what now ,Igbos just like everyother tribe in Nigeria  don't hate anyone , the only thing is that when you are done talking to a yoruba person PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for your own good WATCH your back while walking away or else this would be your fate

LOL. Dayum
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Valon4ego(m): 10:44am On Jan 19, 2012
For what it's worth,yorubas as a group don't hate the igbos and vice versa.but there are some yoruba individuals who hate the igbos and vice versa.this is quite understandable cos where you have diversities you can't help it when some people start feeling that they are somewhat superior to others or some having hatred for others. There is really no basis for making generalized statements such as "yoruba are this" "igbos always do this",life is personal. Moreover we can't let what happened in the past to determine how we live today. I rest my case
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by alexleo(m): 11:05am On Jan 19, 2012
God said in the old testament law that we should love our neighbours as ourselves. Jesus in the new testament said - love one another even as i love u. Anybody who hates is already disobeying this divine injuctions and cannot make heaven. Only God knows how many yorubas and igbos that are in hell right now as a result of this hatred to each other.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by babsjnr(m): 11:39am On Jan 19, 2012
Igbo people are backstabbing people. Laughing together with u but deep in they heart they fcking hate
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by londoner: 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
The distrust and dislike is sickening actually. I have to say it is very raw and vicious on this site in particular.

I have lost some pride in being Nigerian through what people say here (and probably mean) each and every day. Not one day passes without sweeping negative generalisations made about whole tribes of people. That is a trait which cuts across tribes.

If it did not cut so deep, it would not still be seen every day on this site.

As someone who has not grown up in Nigeria, it is slowly making me want to withdraw from this site. There have been many times when I have read things here from all tribes which made my jaw drop in shock and my stomach turn with disgust.

It just shows just how far away from being a nation Nigeria really is and it is very unlikely we will ever get there when we refuse to lay down our swords, address past grieviances, forgive, and make steps to leave it in the past where it belongs.

To be honest I'm not sure I want to be a member on this site anymore, it does not build me up as a Nigerian, because I first came here to fraternise with Nigerians and those of Nigerian heritage.

I now see that although I have learned many things, it has also been quite damaging to the image I had of Nigerians.

It has made me realise there is something wrong with Nigerians when we come together, we can be toxic.

It  has made me very very ashamed at times.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by birdman(m): 4:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
londoner:

The distrust is real, but nowhere near what you see on this site. Reality is way more civil, with each passing generation intermarrying more than the previous. What you see on this site is what happens when trolls are allowed a free hand. There is a reason other sites ban them - they seem to be the norm on nairaland however

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by nedu210(m): 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2012
tpia@:

Nedu abi nedull

you seem to be having wet dreams about oduduwa.

Yes, you admire him so much no doubt. He was what you aspire to be in your impossible fantasies.

@tpia plz do not get me wrong, i just referred u to history, i dint  write any of the book, i just read them, and if u want to knw wat am talkin about u can do the same by readin history. Igbo and yoruba do not hate each other but they cant trust each other even be4 the war there wasent any trust.  Plz we ar not quarreling, but if u feel u hav a reason to be angry about my post u can channel ur anger on historian that wrote those book cos i wrote none.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by coogar: 6:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
activities:

i want to find out if this hatred between igbos and Yorubas is real or only exist in Nairaland website.

only tools take it seriously on nairaland. . . .

there's no beef between yorubas n igbos in the real world.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by LogicMind: 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2012
londoner:

The distrust and dislike is sickening actually. I have to say it is very raw and vicious on this site in particular.

I have lost some pride in being Nigerian through what people say here (and probably mean) each and every day. Not one day passes without sweeping negative generalisations made about whole tribes of people. That is a trait which cuts across tribes.

As someone who has not grown up in Nigeria, it is slowly making me want to withdraw from this site. There have been many times when I have read things here from all tribes which made my jaw drop in shock and my stomach turn with disgust.

It just shows just how far away from being a nation Nigeria really is and it is very unlikely we will ever get there when we refuse to lay down our swords, address past grieviances, forgive, and make steps to leave it in the past where it belongs.

To be honest I'm not sure I want to be a member on this site anymore, it does not build me up as a Nigerian, because I first came here to fraternise with Nigerians and those of Nigerian heritage.

I now see that although I have learned many things, it has also been quite damaging to the image I had of Nigerians.

It has made me realise there is something wrong with Nigerians when we come together, we can be toxic.

It  has made me very very ashamed at times.

nobody forced you to join this site, so the door is open.
who r you that we should care about your image of us?
make shame kill you for london there because unlike your govt. controlled and censored websites, NL is free. nigerians are free to hate each other and also free to discuss about it on this forum.
so carry your disgust go watch your sky news breaking news about blacks killing blacks in london.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by dayokanu(m): 8:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
lol :d
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Obiagu1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ak47mann(m): 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
Lasinoh:

Like Judas loved Jesus of course.
Mu che che che che che che cheesy
I pity children from such unions.
Double curse! cry

WABIA CHILDREN. . . .NOT WAZOBIA children.
Double confusion. grin

They are BOTH 2 sides of the SAME coin. NEVER TRUST EITHER GROUP. . .Together, DOUBLE WHAMMY!!! cry
Tufiakwa!!!

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTVDDrUS4Y&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Na only the Hausa man I believe. . . Never trust an Igbo man or a Yoruba man. kiss Their women are even worse. I avoid them worse than the Bubonic Plague I swear. . . God forbid I say. . .GOD FORBID!!! grin
Area! i will keep posting our phone conversation i promise to keep secret i don't care no more,i will post it if you like no call me again cheesy cheesy

Edo girl whahala  tongue tongue tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyv6mxWvCTs
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Obiagu1(m): 9:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
ak47mann:

Area! i will keep posting our phone conversation i promise to keep secret i don't care no more,i will post it if you like no call me again cheesy cheesy

Edo girl whahala  tongue tongue tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyv6mxWvCTs

kai, I know say that girl no correct at all.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ak47mann(m): 9:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
Obiagu1:

kai, I know say that girl no correct at all.
cheesy cheesy wella cheesy
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by londoner: 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
birdman:

The distrust is real, but nowhere near what you see on this site. Reality is way more civil, with each passing generation intermarrying more than the previous. What you see on this site is what happens when trolls are allowed a free hand. There is a reason other sites ban them - they seem to be the norm on nairaland however

The distrust is real, even if it is not as bad as on this site, it IS bad enough for it to prevent any meaningful progress of Nigeria as a nation.

How many people intermarry out of 150 mil? Why do people need that before they see another Nigerian as equal?

Tribalism prevents progression and is basically a distraction. Its always one step forward two steps back.

We are not the only country with tribes, yet we struggle to form any bond even for the collective good.

When adults behave like this, what chance is there for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by phreakabit(m): 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
Best way to describe them . . . . . .
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ak47mann(m): 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
phreakabit:

cheesy cheesy back stabbers!!!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by nateevs(m): 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
phreakabit:

Show me one thing peculiar to a particular race and I will believe why anyone should hate anyone else "because of the tribe"
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Korrection(m): 9:35am On Jan 21, 2012
But why this Post, ?? reading all the comments here shows we are just wasting our time calling ourselves one Nation, My seniour brother married the best woman in the world, never believed she could still be in the marriage despite what my seniour brother passed through, she is a God-sent to our family, a lady that gives rest of mind, now she is a Typical yoruba girl yinka but my brother calls her Ngozi, meaning Blessing,
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2012
And what is the topic for?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by freecocoa(f): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2012
Hahaha very funny question.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ajadek(m): 9:40am On Jan 21, 2012
No.just on nl, i love igbos
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Russialane(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2012
please you all should go back and read about the Nigerian civil war there lies your real answer
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 21, 2012
in the internet, ibos are free to spam all the ethnic superiority bs they cannot say in public.

there's a limit to how much chest beating anyone can tolerate

as far back as i can remember , ibos have always been spamming nl with bizarre chest beating threads  

ibo jews, ibos are the most educated, ibos own 90% of abuja/lagos, ibos ran planes on urine during the civil war

if they'd just get their own bloody site where they can thrash out their inferiority complex  tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Awarsd Tinubu Honorary Doctorate Degree (Photos) / Shehu Sani Advises Buhari On How To End Banditry & Herdsmen Violence / Miyetti Allah Seeks Inclusion Of Fulani In Amotekun: Afenifere, PANDEF Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.