Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends (16432 Views)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Why Yorubas Are Inferior Muslims According To My Northern Friend / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Kilode1: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
Aigbofa:

Is there any politician who can speak Yoruba like that anymore? I don't agree with everything he said, partly because I don't understand all the prevailing issues at that time, but I surely enjoyed the pure, undiluted Yoruba he spoke. I don't think there are many people today who can explain several issues in Yoruba the way he did without mixing it with English language.

There are still a few left.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by bashr8: 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

Back then it was not competition but tribalism exhibited by the Igbo executives in other regions. Get your facts right

Really like how saraduna said they will rather get a foreigner than a non northerner to work in the north cus if u put an igbos man he will want to rise above you. Like I said igbos have been trying to make it easy for you guys by calling for division, listen you guys cannot continue to talk from both side of your mouth its either you accept we divide or younstop complaining about igbos dominatin or whatever.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by aljharem(m): 7:26pm On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

Really like how saraduna said they will rather get a foreigner than a non northerner to work in the north cus if u put an igbos man he will want to rise above you. Like I said igbos have been trying to make it easy for you guys by calling for division, listen you guys cannot continue to talk from both side of your mouth its either you accept we divide or younstop complaining about igbos dominatin or whatever.

Please why not understand what is been said before inflating ur ego by talking about "igbo domination"

what Sultan and akintola were saying is consistent.

Sultan was talking about if you have an igbo executive somewhere, he would employ only Igbos and forget about the indigenes

Akintola was saying that if you have them somewhere they would only employ their kind and leave the indigenes out.

Of course it is about tribalism or nepotism as Aigbofa said

How can a foreign come to ur region and only employ his kind without talking ?

If you call that domination then it is silly.

today can an hausa man employ only his kind without ohaneze shouting on top of the roof ?

it is a bit extreme to go to a region that employed you, and you employ 97 % of your people leaving the indigenes out. That is parasitic to say the very least.

You balance things up becasue I am sure there were better leturals back in the western region as well but were rejected.

BE TRUTHFUL TO YOURSELF FOR ONCE AND STOP THIS hypocricy.

1 Like

Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by BlackPikiN(m): 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

I am explaining things to you and you are here insulting me. To me if you understand the video you would understand what Nnamdi, Okpara and co did back then WAS WRONG.

Can you imagine an Yoruba man coming to Nsuuka, Imo, SU etc univerities and employing 97 % Yoruba people and leaving the indigens with 3 %, Also that 3 % would be shared between the indigenes, and other non-indigenes just because he was the president ?

It is wrong and you should admit it if you are truthful to yourself.

Well of course that was back then where each region viewed the other as another country. Now I don't think people really care.

Who was the first mayor of enugu?
Does it ever strike to you that Professor Umaru Shehu and Professor Umaru Gomwalk were VC of UNN.
Who was the first premier of Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by bashr8: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2012
Alhjharem your a bloody liar why where they more igbnos in civil service, armynetc back then? Was it the igbos  that positioned themselves or the British did purely by merit?  What do you call that if not competition, divide the country and end your misery now, how many more years do you want to wait before you get rid of the igbos, end your misery now and stop talking from both side of the mouth,  see we will support an all odua county and arewa  country where you can employ on yoruba s or hausas
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by BlackPikiN(m): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

Please why not understand what is been said before inflating ur ego by talking about "igbo domination"

what Sultan and akintola were saying is consistent.

Sultan was talking about if you have an igbo executive somewhere, he would employ only Igbos and forget about the indigenes

Akintola was saying that if you have them somewhere they would only employ their kind and leave the indigenes out.

Of course it is about tribalism or nepotism as Aigbofa said

How can a foreign come to ur region and only employ his kind without talking ?

If you call that domination then it is silly.

today can an hausa man employ only his kind without ohaneze shouting on top of the roof ?

it is a bit extreme to go to a region that employed you, and you employ 97 % of your people leaving the indigenes out. That is parasitic to say the very least.

You balance things up becasue I am sure there were better leturals back in the western region as well but were rejected.

BE TRUTHFUL TO YOURSELF FOR ONCE AND STOP THIS hypocricy.

You lying scum!
Every position an Igbo man held pre-1960 and pro-1960 were basically on merit.
Bring another lie.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

Alhjharem your a bloody liar why where they more igbnos in civil service, armynetc back then? Was it the igbos  that positioned themselves or the British did purely by merit?  What do you call that if not competition, divide the country and end your misery now, how many more years do you want to wait before you get rid of the igbos, end your misery now and stop talking from both side of the mouth,  see we will support an all odua county and arewa  country where you can employ on yoruba s or hausas

It is not competition to employ only your brother and sisters, nieces and cousins and their pet dogs. Why don't you try fairness and see how things go.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by aljharem(m): 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Who was the first mayor of enugu?
Does it ever strike to you that Professor Umaru Shehu and Professor Umaru Gomwalk were VC of UNN.
Who was the first premier of Eastern Nigeria.

so if those people employed 99 % hausas would there not be riots ?

Already where you not the people call people parasites becasue of oil. Be truthful to urself it would not hurt

bashr8:

Yep the civil servants were done by Nnamdi Azikwe in NCNC and that is even why Awolowo left the party.

I am not lying. there were about 12 or so ministers according to akintola's speech and ONLY 1 was Yoruba and even that one according to him was the minister of labour. According to him the minister of labour does not have much power and the since Okpara and co knew that they gave it to him.

It was never the british doing. There was quote system back then of which the North, west and east had 50 %, 25% 25% respectivly in the military

After which Nnamdi divided the western region into 2 and the west has 21% and 4 % to the mid-west to much of Awolowo's delight becasue that is what he wanted, (federalism) but of course Nnamdi though he was further marginising them.

You have to remember that even in the western region, we had lagos mainland which some igbos still took part of it. Just like the free education etc.

Again No one cares as usual. Akintola was just trying to remove the yorubas from the quagmare as you can see. Even at that Akintola did not have Yoruba support. Of which Akintola himself acknowlege that Awolowo knew the politics well (Now found respect for Awo)

Maybe now Igbos are live and let live people, But back then, NO YOU WERE NOT. You can take a clue from Ojukwu's speech just before he decleared secession.

BlackPikiN:

You lying scum!
Every position an Igbo man held pre-1960 and pro-1960 were basically on merit.
Bring another lie.

So why are you complaining now when a Northern is ruling the oil, gas or political sector of the country

Why are you complaining if an ngabti man is taking the oil sector of the country. calling them parasites

Is that not based on merits as well ?

Reason why it has been Ijaw, Yoruba and hausa being the president, can we say it is based on merit because they know how to rule best ? I am sure there are Igbos that can even make better policies than now but those were based on merit.

Go read your history
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
Igbos are nothing but cunny domineering leeches, give a Igbo man a yard he'll take a mile. If you borrow a Igbo man something or even try to help him he'll make sure he try to take over.

2 Likes

Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Desola(f): 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
Awon ibo alakuko.

I mean, that man was a genius!

Hahahahaha, H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S!!

1 Like

Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by aljharem(m): 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2012
inufele2:

Igbos are nothing but cunny domineering leeches, give a Igbo man a yard he'll take a mile. If you borrow a Igbo man something or even try to help him he'll make sure he try to take over.

this is not the time to insult or add any tribal slur

this is a thread where we can find out what went wrong.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

this is not the time to insult or add any tribal slur

this is a thread where we can find out what went wrong.
You see some of these Igbos think they have monopoly to throw insults at other tribes, when I was young I was never brought up to hate anyone not even Igbos but I have seen these Igbos do with my eyes are just too terrible. i remember a landlord that decided to help one yiboman with accomodation when it was time for this kobokobo man to leave he refuses and even brought some of his own to cause trouble for this old man. there are even many more cases I have seen about these Igbos very terrible set of people.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by bashr8: 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2012
inufele2:

You see some of these Igbos think they have monopoly to throw insults at other tribes, when I was young I was never brought up to hate anyone not even Igbos but I have seen these Igbos do with my eyes are just too terrible. i remember a landlord that decided to help one yiboman with accomodation when it was time for this kobokobo man to leave he refuses and even brought some of his own to cause trouble for this old man. there are even many more cases I have seen about these Igbos very terrible set of people.
Why dont you fucking yarimba heediots end your misery and nightmares of igbos by simply declaring ooduanrepublic, trust me you will have the support of the whole Nigeria, if you cannot den stop fucking complaining since you have decided igbos will not rest yarimbas too will not rest.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by UKBobo(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2012
Why do you people never get on? You need to come together to move forward, otherwise split the country up asap. We gave you the country back and you have been going round in circles ever since.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by bashr8: 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
You yorubas are the most confused,ethnocentric and wicked people ,you want to be free of igbos but you don't want to be free of igbos, make up your fucking mind and stop complaining, as for we igbos we will continue to shout it, seperate Nigeria we are fed up of you people, gosh
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
Igbos are selfish and terrible leeches. enuf said angry
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by aljharem(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

You yorubas are the most confused,ethnocentric and wicked people ,you want to be free of igbos but you don't want to be free of igbos,  make up your bleeping mind and stop complaining, as for we igbos we will continue to shout it, seperate Nigeria we are fed up of you people, gosh  

you talk of ethnocentric ? when we are telling you what Nnamdi did instead of facing the issue you are calling the yorubas. How stu.pid can you people be at times

New found respect for the yoruba people. It seems like after so many years you don't understand this yoruba people but they understand you.

Major Fajuyi with whom Ironsi had served in the British Army in India. The Governor's residence called The Governor's Lodge was a heavily guarded building. Its guards numbering thirty well armed troops included Moslem troops. The idea of including Moslem troops among the guards was to demonstrate that, no animosity against Moslems existed in Ironsi's policy. So both Ironsi and Fajuyi felt quite safe. However, on the 25th of July, a contingent of heavily armed troops, all of the Northerners, speeded from a nearby Barracks to The Governors Lodge Ibadan. The time was about 8pm. Fajuyi was entertaining his guest, General Agui-Ironsi. The troops easily got access to the sitting room. Without being announced, they forced themselves into the sitting room.

They knew their victims. Without any ceremony, they ordered General Ironsi to stand up and be searched. With no struggle from Ironsi, he obeyed. One of them began to handcuff Ironsi. Fajuyi could not comprehend what was happening. "You can't do that” he bellowed.  "Why? You keep away “The most senior officer of the troops ordered Fajuyi.  “He is my guest, and you can't do that to him right in my house” "We've come to take him away” Responded one of the officers. "Take him away to where?” "That's none of your business; you keep away and sit down”, ordered the most senior of the rebel officers. But Fajuyi continued " I am a Yoruba; and we Yorubas do not allow gangsters to kidnap our guests from our home I can't let you hurt him “Fajuyi insisted. “Very well; Yoruba man; we'll teach you a lesson. We'll take both of you, “said the senior officer as he administered a hard blow on the face of Fajuyi. Then the troops pushed him and Ironsi into a waiting Land Rover. He and Ironsi were killed in a near by bush

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by BlackPikiN(m): 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

so if those people employed 99 % hausas would there not be riots ?

Already where you not the people call people parasites becasue of oil. Be truthful to urself it would not hurt

Yep the civil servants were done by Nnamdi Azikwe in NCNC and that is even why Awolowo left the party.

I am not lying. there were about 12 or so ministers according to akintola's speech and ONLY 1 was Yoruba and even that one according to him was the minister of labour. According to him the minister of labour does not have much power and the since Okpara and co knew that they gave it to him.

It was never the british doing. There was quote system back then of which the North, west and east had 50 %, 25% 25% respectivly in the military

After which Nnamdi divided the western region into 2 and the west has 21% and 4 % to the mid-west to much of Awolowo's delight becasue that is what he wanted, (federalism) but of course Nnamdi though he was further marginising them.

You have to remember that even in the western region, we had lagos mainland which some igbos still took part of it. Just like the free education etc.

Again No one cares as usual. Akintola was just trying to remove the yorubas from the quagmare as you can see. Even at that Akintola did not have Yoruba support. Of which Akintola himself acknowlege that Awolowo knew the politics well (Now found respect for Awo)

Maybe now Igbos are live and let live people, But back then, NO YOU WERE NOT. You can take a clue from Ojukwu's speech just before he decleared secession.

So why are you complaining now when a Northern is ruling the oil, gas or political sector of the country

Why are you complaining if an ngabti man is taking the oil sector of the country. calling them parasites

Is that not based on merits as well ?

Reason why it has been Ijaw, Yoruba and hausa being the president, can we say it is based on merit because they know how to rule best ? I am sure there are Igbos that can even make better policies than now but those were based on merit.

Go read your history

Abegi, Northerns were the ones who introduced nepotism to the core.
They filled in the army rank and file with their people and now are allotted every oil well to themselves.
You go twist so tey you no go no wetin to talk again.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by aljharem(m): 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Abegi, Northerns were the ones who introduced nepotism to the core.
They filled in the army rank and file with their people and now are allotted every oil well to themselves.
You go twist so tey you no go no wetin to talk again.

No Northerners did not introduces anything. It was when Nnamdi did this polices couple with the top igbos back then who were not helping matters then the slogan was born which was "north for northerners"

The army was filled mainly with Middle-belters and Igbos back then. Very little hausa, yoruba or south-southerners back then

Go check you history. Even Ojuwku admitted to it
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by bashr8: 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

No Northerners did not introduces anything. It was when Nnamdi did this polices couple with the top igbos back then who were not helping matters then the slogan was born which was "north for northerners"

The army was filled mainly with Middle-belters and Igbos back then. Very little hausa, yoruba or south-southerners back then

We don hear, we igbos are evrything bad but why not just go your way rather than complaining all the time. Form odua republic nobody isngoingtomstop you
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by BlackPikiN(m): 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2012
alj harem:

Did they join on merit? Yes or No.

If they did not, then, too bad.
As far as I know Igbo joined the Nigerian Army because they wanted to, not because Azikiwe or whatever said they should join.
The messed up Nigerian army came in full force after the war. Do you agree?
If you agree, who messed it up?
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by aljharem(m): 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2012
bashr8:

We don hear, we igbos are evrything bad but why not just go your way rather than complaining all the time. Form odua republic nobody isngoingtomstop you

I don't want you to think of it that way. Certainly the yorubas and hausas had their own fault.

Igbos are not at all bad. I guess it was some misunderstanding somewhere in our political history.

I would rather put the blame on Nnamdi than even Ojukwu. Nnamdi to me was very myopic.

That was the past, This is the present and we can learn from the past and move forward wink

at the end of the day, no man is an island on it's own
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by aljharem(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Did they join on merit? Yes or No.

If they did not, then, too bad.
As far as I know Igbo joined the Nigerian Army because they wanted to, not because Azikiwe or whatever said they should join.
The messed up Nigerian army came in full force after the war. Do you agree?
If you agree, who messed it up?

if you mean executive position then NO

if you mean the military probably yes

full force after the 1970, Haba grin i would think it has always been messed up since the british left.

With that said, I do not think it is healthy to keep bring the past to the present. I rather end it here.

Thanks for the discussion smiley
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by pazienza(m): 1:02am On Jan 23, 2012
This story of a yoruba man by name fajuiyi,trying to defend an igboman ironsi,there is just something fishy about that story,who gave account of that story? I ve been wondering if that story was one of those yoruba propagandas,just to paint one of their own as being righteous,aluko,awo,akintola,etc are all yoruba men,fajuiyi can't be different.

Any igbo with useful information,on this regard?
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 23, 2012
We are still ONE!!! WE WILL REMAIN ONE!

NIGERIANS STILL LOVE TO REMAIN NIGERIANS!

WHAT WILL DISINTEGRATE IS THE CABALS AND CORRUPT OFFICIALS!!

NIGERIA WILL COME UP STRONGEST! BETTER THAN MOST! JUST WATCH!

EVERYONE WILL REMAIN NIGERIANS SOON! WHAT WE ARE CURRENTLY FIGHTING FOR IS THE NIGERIA WHICH CORRUPT OFFICIALS ARE ABOUT TO DESTROY!

ONE NIGERIA! ONE PEOPLE!! ONE LOVE!

OUR PARENTS FAILED US BUT WE WILL GET BETTER GRADES AS A GENERATION!!!!!!
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Hoodrat(m): 2:54am On Jan 23, 2012
Life has been so tough on Nigerians since the day Nairaland heroes discovered the internet cry
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by manchy7531: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2012

I guess you did not watch the video or you do not understand yoruba language.

What Akintola was talking about was tribalism exhibited by some Igbo personals in the western region back then. He gave an example of University of Ibadan that had 112 staffs and ever since Nnamdi and co made the VC Igbo, he employed 109 Igbo staffs from the east and gave 3 to yorubas even though it was in Ibadan.

to him that was not fair. If you watch further, you would understand that back then, Igbos were running things and the yorubas were at the background, least educated and marginalised.

What he further explained was that NCNC (Azikwe, Opara and co) was shouting One Nigeria because they were enjoying Nigeria and the way the west was marginaized.  etc

All he said, he was absolutely right and I totally agree with him. Also it was during that time the powerful slogan of North for Northerner came out because each time an Igbo man is employed to a top position back then, he employes only Igbos.

THat is why I was just looking with amazement at the RUBBISH JASON123 has been writing.

Although he explained further but that is all I can say for now

well if those are his complains, let me tell you if he employed more igbo you cant blame him cos i i know in those days they employ by merit and the igbos where the best in almost everything then.we had the best teachers,lecturers,lawyers,doctor,engineers etc(you can ask OBj's 1999-2003 government,maybe he can tell you more and that is why after OBJ's two terms,no government have performed better than him).it is not now that you employ based on quota system which has been a setback to Nigeria's growth and development.also don't forget that Nigeria was at it best when the igbos were in control, go check your history book, Nigeria started dwindling down when the Hausas and Yorubas took over cos you guys introduce mediocrity,corruption and incompetence all in the name of quota system.
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by emmajew(m): 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2012
good
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by aljharem(m): 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
pazienza:

This story of a yoruba man by name fajuiyi,trying to defend an igboman ironsi,there is just something fishy about that story,who gave account of that story? I ve been wondering if that story was one of those yoruba propagandas,just to paint one of their own as being righteous,aluko,awo,akintola,etc are all yoruba men,fajuiyi can't be different.

Any igbo with useful information,on this regard?

I believe I am part Igbo and that was Danjuma's account and I got it from an Ijaw website

manchy7531:

well if those are his complains, let me tell you if he employed more igbo you cant blame him cos i i know in those days they employ by merit and the igbos where the best in almost everything then.we had the best teachers,lecturers,lawyers,doctor,engineers etc(you can ask OBj's 1999-2003 government,maybe he can tell you more and that is why after OBJ's two terms,no government have performed better than him).it is not now that you employ based on quota system which has been a setback to Nigeria's growth and development.also don't forget that Nigeria was at it best when the igbos were in control, go check your history book, Nigeria started dwindling down when the Hausas and Yorubas took over cos you guys introduce mediocrity,corruption and incompetence all in the name of quota system.

During OBJ, the great benefactors were the Igbos and indeed I have forgotted the person but once I see it I would post it. The person happens to be a promitent Igbo politican that said since the war the Igbos highest political numbers in government was during OBJ

GEJ has beaten  that now. Kudos to him

you have to put into acocunt that OBJ and other past leaders were the ones that fought the war thus ex generals

The merit thing can be liken to the issue of presidency. Can we say there are no compiteent Igbo to rule Nigeria ? Certainly not

so don't start telling me about merit when it favours the Igbos and not others

Let speak the truth for once and we shall be set free
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2012
alj harem:

I believe I am part Igbo and that was Danjuma's account and I got it from an Ijaw website

During OBJ, the great benefactors were the Igbos and indeed I have forgotted the person but once I see it I would post it. The person happens to be a promitent Igbo politican that said since the war the Igbos highest political numbers in government was during OBJ

GEJ has beaten  that now. Kudos to him

you have to put into acocunt that OBJ and other past leaders were the ones that fought the war thus ex generals

The[b] merit thing can be liken to the issue of presidency. Can we say there are no compiteent Igbo to rule Nigeria ? Certainly not

so don't start telling me about merit when it favours the Igbos and not others

Let speak the truth for once and we shall be set free

[/b]

Ako na uche
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Ozichim(m): 1:20pm On Jan 24, 2012
Oh my goodness! I used to think that Akintola should be different from other Yoruba’s. I thought he should be one of the Yoruba’s you can take by their words. This people have finished me.
Why should a statesman talk like that, If Akintola is interested in Nigeria why should he care about who lectures in Ibadan or not, he should be checking the performance of the university.

Anyway the truth is that everything used to be by merit that time. You have rightly said that the Ibos dominate everywhere that time; and that includes education. It won't be good if ill matured lecturers are employed to lecture in the university. Also remember that politicians can say anything to convince his listeners it did not start today. so even Akintola must have been laying to his people. In fact I'm very sure he is over blowing it just as politicians normally do,

Fajuyi was protesting against the killing of Ironsi because He (Fajuyi) made Ironsi to come to Ibadan after Ironsi suspected insecurity in Ibadan. The Hausa’s hide the assassination plot from Him. knowing that they can kill him anytime and the Yoruba’s cannot do anything, believe me even if the Hausas had killed Awo, the Yoruba’s won't have still do anything. Unfortunately the Hausas know about it and they have been using it against them.
Remove Igbos from any were they will start surviving from another place. Stop them from something you will see them surviving in something else. Who made the Igbos dominate the market, then and today?

Check what happened after the war and now? So you see you cannot stop the Igbos. And If you keep Nigeria together without good progress, mark it, they will eventually march up and take over, so better do something when you can.

Go to South Africa and see there are so many Igbos lecturing in the University I wonder who was employing them?

The Ibos hate backwardness, sluggishness, In fact I personally, I’m fade up with Nigeria because we are not progressing and an Igbo man will almost do anything to resolve his problem so he can progress, so if dividing this country will make every Nigeria component to progress why not just do that. Some people don't care about progress and technology advancement and so are enjoying what is happening in this country; they want stagnation and poverty, they want to drag everybody down to poverty.

I'm ready to employ the Yoruba’s to lecture in my village so long they are the best available and they are not stopping my people from entering the university. Because good lecturers will raise Genius from my people. I'm so much disappointed with the Yoruba’s now, because of what I have heard about Akintola. I thought he will be different?
Re: Idi Wahala Laarin Yoruba Ati Ibo: Why Yorubas And Igbos Wont Be Politic. Friends by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 03, 2012
My brothers, Nigerians i am fed up of you, there is always a reason to insult yourselves, there is always a reason to kill yourselves, while you are focussing on how to kill each other, the foreigners are steeling your oil and other resources and planning to recolonize you. You still can't see that ethnicity doesn't hold any meaning ! My ethnicity is "black skin", that is it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

70% Of Elections Are Won By The Opposition Party -INEC / Buhari In A Group Photo With African Leaders At The AU Meeting In Ethiopia / Kidnapped Niger Students: Settle Your Mercenaries – PDP To Buhari, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.