Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? (31981 Views)

Agatu Killings: Benue Threatens Reprisal, Urges Fg’s Intervention / Dj Xclusive's Experience In Hero Fiesta3 In Onitsha Over National Anthem / Hausa Traders, Soldiers Clash In Mile 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2012
please amend the title, it was the "Enugu" that made me open it in the first place. Anambra State governor not Enugu State governor.

Meanwhile I really find it difficult to understand how most adults reason on NL, it shows how deep rooted Naija problem is. Until you men stop being sentimental and drawing tribal lines whenever there is problem in Naija, only then will the transformation process starts.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Sike(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2012
Speechless!
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2012
it's NOT our fault,
we must apply CAUTION  angry angry angry angry
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by donigspain(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2012
@blank, My bro, I was surprised myself to see Enugu govt. appearing on an issue that has nothing to do with enugu state. This shows the weakness of our moderators. Talking abt d Headbridge, I think the scenerio is wrongly represented. The Igbos are the dominant traders there and besides that place needs total cleansing. Last time I travelled that route I was forced to spend 3 bleeping hours on traffic jam at that spot due to the disarray of activities going on there. Stick out any part of ur body with jewelry or valuables and its gone in seconds. Its just the oshodi of onitsha. I think its a welcome development to clear the place but alternative place and compensation should be made available to the affected.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2012
hmnn
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 22, 2012
Let me only hope that the Topic is Misguiding. Its a condemnable act if true.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Eltonluigi(m): 9:10am On Jan 22, 2012
Wassup with Yoruba and Igbo people sef? I think this post is misleading anyway.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Ndata(m): 9:36am On Jan 22, 2012
If i may ask the poster which Hausa traders?goat sellers?Those who had since relocated to Asaba in the eve of the reprisal attack several years back.And Yoruba traders??Please what do Yoruba traders trade on please?Lets not forget this bridge head hosts the popular Onitsha drug market.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by JimmyBoy1: 9:36am On Jan 22, 2012
No wahala,They should be ready to receive all ibo traders in Alaba,Idumota,Balogun and other markets in non-ibo states back home.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Chnges(m): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2012
Jimmy Boy:

No wahala,They should be ready to receive all ibo traders in Alaba,Idumota,Balogun and other markets in non-ibo states back home.
words of a br.est feeding baby! Look at you! U need prayers!!__Coming 2 d headbridge, in every 20 traders, 11 are igbos, 5 are hausas and 4 are yorubas__My dear brother, dont you think its better to read peoples response before showing off your infancy in the public
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by phreakabit(m): 9:56am On Jan 22, 2012
[size=18pt]
Anti-Igbo Journalism at its finest. Perpetrated by none other than the Yoruba (Adimike George et The Nation newspaper).

This thread was started by ONOME" 'ASIKE" . You Yorubas are very smart indeed. first it was Alj Hareem and now ever since the "supposed alliance" between the SE & SS , I have noticed an increase in users claiming to be part SS and Yoruba, or just plain SS. Saying bad things about the Igbos. . . .  I just laugh you guys off. Everyone can easily identify your antics.

BTW when this was done to IGBO traders in Lagos, as in the case of Alaba Int and Ladipo market why wasn't it written in BOLD fonts on the the frontpage of all these tabloids?You can't tell me that Igbo traders and traders from other ethnicity too. . . .  So why does it only say Yoruba and Hausa?

[/size]
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by OmoTier1(m): 9:57am On Jan 22, 2012
Reading the comments posted by 'supposedly' posters of igbo extraction leaves me with a soured and bitter taste! I for one is not against any tribe nor ethnic group in Nigeria, but the Igbos must understand that when other ethnic groups are the target of a seemingly unfair Policy or act of government, it is pertinent that such is condemed!

Each time a bomb blast occurs somewhere, the cry in here has always been that IGBOS are the target, forgetting also that other NIGERIANS are victims of these bombings! In summary, I think IGBOS  should stop playing 'I am the victim' game, remove the log in their own eye and come clean!

Anambra State government, whatever their intention is in repossing that Land, is WRONG in doing so a this point in time knowing how sensitive such move is and wrongly it could be interpreted. Imagine what happens when such news filter in to the core North?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by phreakabit(m): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2012
Ch@nges:

words of a br.est feeding baby! Look at you! U need prayers!!__Coming 2 d headbridge, [size=18pt]in every 20 traders, 11 are igbos, 5 are hausas and 4 are yorubas[/size]__My dear brother, dont you think its better to read peoples response before showing off your infancy in the public

Let these lunatics know. angry
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by OmoTier1(m): 10:07am On Jan 22, 2012
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]
Anti-Igbo Journalism at its finest. Perpetrated by none other than the Yoruba (Adimike George et The Nation newspaper).

This thread was started by ONOME" 'ASIKE" . You Yorubas are very smart indeed. first it was Alj Hareem and now ever since the "supposed alliance" between the SE & SS , I have noticed an increase in users claiming to be part SS and Yoruba, or just plain SS. Saying bad things about the Igbos. . . .  I just laugh you guys off. Everyone can easily identify your antics.

BTW when this was done to IGBO traders in Lagos, as in the case of Alaba Int and Ladipo market why wasn't it written in BOLD fonts on the the frontpage of all these tabloids?You can't tell me that Igbo traders and traders from other ethnicity too. . . .  So why does it only say Yoruba and Hausa?

[/size]
Do not be fooled in thinking South-South people do not know where to hinge their shoulders as regard the ethnic composition in Nigeria. A typical South-South person like myself, is more inclined towards the South-West rather South-East 'cos of our History and more importantly we think alike on several issues and we tend to see Nigeria in much of what we do. That cannot be said of the South-East who seems to forever habour a cladestine mindset that they are not part of the entity called Nigeria!

Haven said that, I still think ethnicity and tribalism has no place in modern society. If by any measure, and to say what Lagos did to Igbo traders in Lagos equates ethnic cleansing is very very foolhardy indeed! In fact, Lagos has been very very accommodating of Igobs and much more than any other group, Igbos have been given due recognition in Lagos. Even where market stores are destroyed and rebuilt elsewhere, the Igbos are by certain measures compensated but I wonder how many times we have heard or seen same done to other ethnic groups in South-East?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by tpia5: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2012
adimike sounds like an igbo name.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by JimmyBoy1: 10:10am On Jan 22, 2012
@ch@nges-I try to avoid tribal comments at all cost, but nepotism from that region is no longer allowable. An eastern state sent civil servants from other states parking. We have always protested against fuel prices in Nigeria and south-west have always been at the forefront, even when one of their own was at helms of the affair for 8 years. But GEJ increased price people in the east and SS not deem it necessary to protest. In 1966 coup, major Nzeogwo and co set out to clean the polity, and PM and all premiers were to die. Ahmodu Bello,Tafawa Balewa ,Akintola were brutally murdered, for inexplicable reasons Zik was spared. Go and find out if non-ibos are allowed to own shops inside onitsha market before you start opening your mouth to talk.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by OmoTier1(m): 10:10am On Jan 22, 2012
Ndata:

If i may ask the poster which Hausa traders?goat sellers?Those who had since relocated to Asaba in the eve of the reprisal attack several years back.And Yoruba traders??Please what do Yoruba traders trade on please?Lets not forget this bridge head hosts the popular Onitsha drug market.
Why do you guys always like to live in denial? Why can't you just see this as a wrong policy move by the government and it needs careful handling, otherwise Igbos might be the end looser of this tic for tac game?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by OmoTier1(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2012
Jimmy Boy:

@ch@nges-I try to avoid tribal comments at all cost, but nepotism from that region is no longer allowable. An eastern state sent civil servants from other states parking. We have always protested against fuel prices in Nigeria and south-west have always been at the forefront, even when one of their own was at helms of the affair for 8 years. But GEJ increased price people in the east and SS not deem it necessary to protest. In 1966 coup, major Nzeogwo and co set out to clean the polity, and PM and all premiers were to die. Ahmodu Bello,Tafawa Balewa ,Akintola were brutally murdered, for inexplicable reasons Zik was spared. Go and find out if non-ibos are allowed to own shops inside onitsha market before you start opening your mouth to talk.
God bless you for this post! I was once told the same of How shops in Onitsha is 'Exclusively' reserved first for an Igbo trade before any other ethnic group and I thought this can't be true but my on the spot findings proved this to be very correct! Elsewhere, these same Igbos want to be given equal treatment as indinges.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by phreakabit(m): 10:18am On Jan 22, 2012
tpia@:

adimike sounds like an igbo name.

It actually is. But who really is Adimike George ? We all know what the Nation newspaper stands for. .  . . .
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by tpia5: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2012
^^then why did you say the name is yoruba?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by phemi01(m): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2012
I'v noticed tht a lot of NLs are always interestd in tribal issues. I'l advice u all open ur minds,think deep before u post comments insulting other tribes. Our leaders try to cause confusion amongst ppl so tht they can continue to embezzle while we continue to fight one another.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by 1virus(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2012
y b say every thing una go turn am to tribal issue? Over 70% trading in that area are igbos. so Y the noice??
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by seenoevil1: 10:25am On Jan 22, 2012
When i saw this article i felt worried and i had to call a relative who trades within that Axis and he told me over the phone that [b]the move was one initiated by the government to clear up the bridge and aid free flow of transportation and that it was given to all traders both Igbo's , hausa's and yoruba's. So Nigerians i beg you people stop it with all this smear campaign , if any of you here think by spreading this false rumour , you can start another "abandoned property" saga like the one that happened during the Biafran war you better think again because that was the 60's and things have totally changed now . You are better off getting a day job than spreading false rumours just so you can grab other people's property .[/b]
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by phreakabit(m): 10:26am On Jan 22, 2012
tpia@:

^^then why did you say the name is yoruba?

Because he is obviously a fictitious character made up by "some people", to  take out the actual "sting" in this publication . . . . I have every reason to believe that.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Chnges(m): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2012
Jimmy Boy:

hmmm__i've no heared this one before o. But i'll find out soon. Won't be happy with you if it's not true!
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Rhino5dm: 10:29am On Jan 22, 2012
Bros, please i beg of you to stay away from these people and their bigotry. Allow us to continue in the mess they forcefully and tactically drag us into. Else, you would be forced to continue reacting this way.

P.S
You are one hell of a poster. I always enjoy clicking and  reading your comments.  

Omo_Tier1:

Why do you guys always like to live in denial? Why can't you just see this as a wrong policy move by the government and it needs careful handling, otherwise Igbos might be the end looser of this tic for tac game?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by 1virus(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2012
Hmmm Maybe its time for
Igbos in SW to shift small to
their towns
u be awori? because they are the most important people in SW.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by JimmyBoy1: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2012
@Changes. It is not in my nature to use abusive words to drive home my point. But what we need is a Nigeria that is hospitable to everyone so we should not support anything to the contrary. Real patriots should rise up and condemn this distasteful policy. Ben Akabueze have been a pivotal member of Fashola's administartion for the second tenure running, so let call a spade a spade and not a spoon used in the garden,
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by tpia5: 10:35am On Jan 22, 2012
phreakabit:

Because he is obviously a fictitious character made up by "some people", to  take out the actual "sting" in this publication . . . . I have every reason to believe that.

a yoruba trying to impersonate an igbo wouldnt use a name like adimike.

maybe you should look closer to home.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Rhino5dm: 10:37am On Jan 22, 2012
You are knowing about shops only?? What about ownership of landed property?. Look they even segregate among their own people, talk less of foriegners.

Do you know you cant owned a land easily in most eastern comminuties, as an outsider?

They all termed it as being smart and intelligent. Yet, they easily boast about wanting "taking over Lagos or Abuja". Smart people, indeed.

Jimmy Boy:

Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 22, 2012
I see we Nigerians are not ready for change. There is a cabal that is milking the country dry. These cabal consists of a handful of Hausa, Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Tiv, e.t.c. They are the real enemies of Nigerians. Instead of us thinking of ways to fight this cabal, we are busy fighting each other. SMH
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by JimmyBoy1: 10:46am On Jan 22, 2012
@Nashville I agree with you that we are not facing the real enemy. Just that I find it hard to standby watch while someone is peddling lies as if it is the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2019: Why Ex-generals Oppose Buhari – Gen. Jemibewon / TB Joshua Behind Al-mustapha's Release - SaharaReporters / I Know Politicians Who Have Suddenly Turned Billionaires – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.