Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? (31979 Views)

Agatu Killings: Benue Threatens Reprisal, Urges Fg’s Intervention / Dj Xclusive's Experience In Hero Fiesta3 In Onitsha Over National Anthem / Hausa Traders, Soldiers Clash In Mile 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2012
Jimmy Boy:

@Nashville I agree with you that we are not facing the real enemy. Just that I find it hard to standby watch while someone is peddling lies as if it is the truth.

I am from the South West, my best man at my wedding is from the South East, and I was his best man too. Let us stop hating each other and unite to fight the real enemy. Our enemy loves it when we are divided so that we cannot fight them. Infact they encourage division that is why they say things like rotational presidency when convenient. Forget all the bull, the cabal is stealing from all of us, let us fight them first and get rid of them.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Ndata(m): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2012
Most of them making these comments dont even know where this market is located,neither have they been to Onitsha.I asked the question what are the Yoruba traders trading on there that Igbos and other ethnic groups are not trading on?The Hausa goat-sellers mostly have relocated to ASABA except just few who have even returned to the North all thanks to Boko Haran directives.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Ndata(m): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2012
The state government wants to sanitize a place seen as the gateway into a state and beautify it.A slowpoke junk journalist wrote its only Hausa and Yoruba traders that have been directed to leave the place.So the Igbo traders there have been asked to stay back and continue trading?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by noiseless: 11:24am On Jan 22, 2012
If the southwest want to re candle their shameful alliance with their arewa masters,please my advise is they must not spice it up first by over adding chilli,salt and garlic,and just be man enough come out openly and announce your alliance with the arewas the way NDVF and DOKUBO expressed and called for the alliance with southeast,that is how real men behave. orderwise they (southwest) are only exposing their cowardice in over 40 wasted years of a@sh licking their arewa masters.Finally to the OPs and Poster, i'm not surprised why you thought it would help your case if enugu state is dragged in to your mischiefs,THANK U.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Contractors: 11:35am On Jan 22, 2012
Someone Tell me this is NOT happening. Too many igbos in the SW with enormous legal investments. Whats with all this political (thugs)leaders?
What has Yoruba done this time to warrant them being ejected.
IMHO, BOTH WILL LOOSE BIG TIME if this insane s.hit continues, or berastil change edit that news headline .
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by ifeci: 11:37am On Jan 22, 2012
Abeg moderator, how Enugu Gvt carry enter dis matter? your front page dey read:Tension In Onitsha As Enugu Govt Ejects Yoruba & Hausa Traders At Bridgehead Market  Abi dem don relocate onitsha to Enugu , abi Enugu don acquire Anambra?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 22, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Do not be fooled in thinking South-South people do not know where to hinge their shoulders as regard the ethnic composition in Nigeria. A typical South-South person like myself, is more inclined towards the South-West rather South-East 'cos of our History and more importantly we think alike on several issues and we tend to see Nigeria in much of what we do. That cannot be said of the South-East who seems to forever habour a cladestine mindset that they are not part of the entity called Nigeria!

Haven said that, I still think ethnicity and tribalism has no place in modern society. If by any measure, and to say what Lagos did to Igbo traders in Lagos equates ethnic cleansing is very very foolhardy indeed! In fact, Lagos has been very very accommodating of Igobs and much more than any other group, Igbos have been given due recognition in Lagos. Even where market stores are destroyed and rebuilt elsewhere, the Igbos are by certain measures compensated but I wonder how many times we have heard or seen same done to other ethnic groups in South-East?

Since when do the SS people have any common interest with the yorubas? Do you even know the proximity of the SS region to that of yoruba people land?

Do you even know know the ethnic composition of the SS and how closely related they are to their Igbo neighbours?

These bloody yoruba impostors always coming here to claim SS. Your name alone gives you away.

The few true SS posters on these boards have told you guys to quit using their names to score cheap tribal points. Check Beaf and Ezer.

What exactly does a man from Bayelsa or Akwa Ibom have in common with Ibaban yorubas.

Phreakabit said it all, you yoruba impostors with your multiple ID's are irritating.

Just look how they mischievously tried to drag Enugu into this, pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Yeske2(m): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2012
The slowpoke who wrote the story should be hanged for stirrinp up unnecessary tension because there are more Igbo traders there.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by gratiaeo(m): 11:46am On Jan 22, 2012
Some Yoruba idiot are here talking about ejecting Igbos from Yoruba land, and i ask: which land are they talking about? The ones we have bought with our money, or do they think that we are stupid? The last time i checked Lagos was half own by Igbos.
Since 40years (as they claim) the so called Hausa/Yoruba have occupied the head bridge, do they have even one completed store not talk about building.
Pls that place need to clean up
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Rhino5dm: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2012
But your leader Dim Ojukwu shamelessly raised IBB's hand and urge all Igbos to vote for him before PDP primaries , NO?

Thesame stuupid Ojukwu went ahead to rename IBB by inserting an Igbo middle name Ikechukwu to him, NO? Do you know th meaning of Ikechukwu in Igbo land? I doubt.

He said " As from today, my brother here IBB is no more IBB but IBIB = Ibrahim Badamosi IKECHUKWU Babangida."

so, who is fooling who?. . .oh, i got it. IBB helped Igbos to trade drugs and many become instant millionaires, abi no be so?? Was this assertion not a common knowledge in the east, that IBB is the only one capable of handing Igbo presidency by 2015?

I guess the south west are equally the ones that made Ikemba Dim Ojukwu to worshipp their northern masters.

Keep lying and i shall keep on exposing the pythons under your various monikers. we in the South West knows plainly that, all that matters is intrest and not freindship.

noiseless:

If the southwest want to re candle their shameful alliance with their arewa masters,please my advise is they must not spice it up first by over adding chilli,salt and garlic,and just be man enough come out openly and announce your alliance with the arewas the way NDVF and DOKUBO expressed and called for the alliance with southeast,that is how real men behave. orderwise they (southwest) are only exposing their cowardice in over 40 wasted years of a@sh licking their arewa masters.Finally to the OPs and Poster, i'm not surprised why you thought it would help your case if enugu state is dragged in to your mischiefs,THANK U.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Rhino5dm: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2012
Then if your father dies bury him in Lagos, since Lagos na your papa land. Until when you start burying your people in Lagos communities, then we shall know who owns that land. Anoufia!

gratiaeo:

Some Yoruba are here talking about ejecting Igbos from Yoruba land, and i ask: which land are they talking about? The ones we have bought with our money, or do they think that we are silly? The last time i checked Lagos was half own by Igbos.
Since 40years (as they claim) the so called Hausa/Yoruba have occupied the head bridge, do they have even one completed store not talk about building.
Pls that place need to clean up
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Upright750: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2012
I don't know why every time some stupid and useless people always use this forum to post nonsense. The governor want to clean the dirty state which every body has being complaining and some people said it's political or ejecting some people. If he the governor refused to do it same you people will come back and said that Onitsha is  most dirty city in Nigeria and that is it . now Governor has come up to clean the city and you guys are here making noise . are the yorubas or hausas more than thousands of igbo people in same market. I think time has come for government to lose  down this good forum because some of you has use it to create some troubles   within the good people of Nigeria.     I think Yorubas and housas  in that market are not up to 3 % . Please if to make onithsa clean will make all the whole market there to close and relocate . it will be nice because . that city is really  dirty
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by smarttalks: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2012
smiley
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by smarttalks: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2012
smiley
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by MuNeme(m): 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
Pls and pls, the moderators of this site should note that the ejection affected much more Igbo traders than any other tribe.
The caption of this news is very misleading and an attempt to deepen the rancour among the ethnic groups. Please let us be matured and professional as we sample news on the frontpage!
God help us
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Upright750: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
When fashola was ejecting people from selling goods or anything on top of covered gutter in the lagos in the interest of developing the state . who called it ejecting igbo traders in lagos or say anything even those house fashola demolished along badagiry express way. dont you know how many houses there own by igbo people. Government cant stop developing or even cleaning the state because some private issue, you have to travel out for you to have some sense of belonging or the importance of cleanness  fool posting. onye ara di ka gi . anu mpama.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by stagger: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
Some of these markets are cesspools that need to be shut down permanently. I do not know what responsible government will allow traders to create pig sties out of markets. Kudos to the government for rooting out all trader of all tribes out of that place!
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by phreakabit(m): 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
Yeske!:

The slowpoke who wrote the story should be hanged for stirrinp up unnecessary tension because there are more Igbo traders there.

Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by antartica(m): 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
It will be unwise and commercially suicidal for the igbos to evict nothern/western sojouners and business people from the east just because the igbos in other regions in nigeria are being displaced.

Infact notherners willing to seek assylum in the east should be welcomed,even if it means the igbos leaving the north.The north right now is in the hands serpents,a land that is plague with reverse evolution.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Konnektions146(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2012
no comment

still waiting for more war on this topic by NLders.
weldone
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by noiseless: 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
Well what else does one expect from some HEADLESS CHICKEN other than dancing around the way you are doing as you have nothing useful to say except digging up lies whereever you stored them for feature use,and diverting attentions from the murder your arewa masters a committing as we speak.While you have been shamelessly and desperately beating about the bush(igbo) in your hurry hurry calculated moves, may i remind you to count how many times you hurriedly jump in to condemn the murder you and your partners in jihad murdering campaign are commiting,no you will never honestly do that cos you are yoruba a muslim,your assignment is running around all over shouting igbo and igbo.I hope you remember the igbo in your yoruba language means bush or ganja,and when you abuse it you kolo,so keep smoking and abusing igbo and getting your evil brain 4ucked up,and what monikers are talking about fool?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by dbride: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
That subject is MISLEADING and MALICIOUS. You find IGBO, YORUBA and HAUSA traders there, including other tribes! Haba, who has planted this bomb on this thread. I am not from the SE but I know that place, I always shop around there when I visit Delta State.

N/landers, pls do not fight over nothing. We just have to be careful what we post here. Why post half truth just to create animosity. It is so so childish. Be sure of what you post or you will lose intergrity.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by soloqy: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2012
A mischievious and wicked thread. At a time that this nation is boiling with tribal and sectional tension, for the moderators of this site to post this sort of thing, shows us how wicked and evil some Nigerians are. Why shout about Boko Haram when you are worse? Why talk about people planning to destroy the Nation when you habour such ideas in your evil hearts? And to think that the news made frontpage, further confirms that these people are wicked people.

Anyone who has been to Onitsha headbridge, knows that Igbos are 96% of the traders there. Are they saying that Governor Peter Obi, ordered them to eject only the 4 percent non igbos on that bridge and leave the 96 % igbos? How would he be able to clean up that bridge like they did at Oshodi?

What a shame.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Rhino5dm: 1:12pm On Jan 22, 2012

2011:Ojukwu canvasses support for IBB National News May 2, 2010

By  Tony Edike, Enugu

THE Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, was yesterday, reported to be in support for the presidential ambition of former military leader, General Ibrahim Babangida, in 2011, saying he would support him as far as it was the desire and aspiration of the people of the country. Ojukwu, who declared that Babangida deserves a second chance to rule the nation, said he was convinced that he possessed the required qualities that could take the country to further heights as, according to him, IBB remains a strong voice in Nigerian politics.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Rhino5dm: 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2012
But . . .thesame vultures will come claiming the South West are the ones worshipping the north.

May be Ojukwu was high on your cheap grass before endorsing IBB. Enough of your LIES.

Icheoku asks, what was Ojukwu thinking or smoking when he poured this heinous libation for Babangida; or has he not "strayed" enough from the course since his return from exile in 1982,

when he pitched his tent with NPN instead of the NPP. Admitted he had then promised to take the Igbos back to the mainstream of Nigeria with his joining NPN; but his recent political antecedents, carrying the banner of APGA, suggests he is no longer mindful of the quest for a full integration.

When the Igbos and other peoples of the defunct Biafra thought that Ojukwu's going to Abuja, cap in hand, to genuflect before his juniors, for his pension as a retired Nigerian army colonel was already enough insult on what they fought and died for; now comes the mother of all disappointments, the Ikemba's endorsement of the Nigerian worst reject, the most hated man alive in Nigeria, Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida.

Does Ojukwu, a once darling hero of the Igbos and the entire former Eastern region, still have any moral scruples left in him; or does he think that simply because Ojukwu says so, that makes it alright; and every Igbo man and woman should salute and bow out.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by queensmith: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
All of you are wrong. The title should be Nigerians against Development #thatisall
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by dbride: 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
Nairaland has been infiltrated by demons; they come with LIES, Half truth and outright WICKEDNESS.  Most of the traders there are IGBOS. Waoh. Seun Osewa, please check some of these captions. It is sad and unfortunate.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by slam7000(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
This is a deliberate and malicious attempt to stir up ethnic tension here on NL.Anybody who has travelled to the SE should know that that place, bridgehead needs serious make over.once you come down from the bridge,you,ll be confronted by all manner of filth,hold up from either truck pushers blocking the roads or big lorries off loading vegetables mainly onions.Anambra state govt. is making effort to clean up that road.the road leading from bridgehead into onitsha is being upgraded and safety improvement is being undertaken.Without any form of intervention,erosion will separate and close the roads.oshogbo park,goat mkt,lots of transport companies are affected as the roads will be widened and lots of these businesses are close to the roads just like the case of badagry express road,where lots of buildings are earmarked for demolition.Lots of buinesses are affected and its not true that the land will be allocated to a transport company.the place is simply being cleared for road works,lots of people affected around Premier brewery have since moved,pls poster this has nothing to do ethnicity or politics.personally if i have my way,i,ll bring in El Rufai to demolish the whole onitsha and start from the scratch to rebuild the city.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by BlackBaron: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2012
Apparently, there seemed to be more Igbos displaced also. So why y'all having heart attacks over this.   undecided

Should they turn a blind eye to illegally erected structures or what ?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Ndata(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
@Rhino.5am abi pm? Whats this your obsession with Igbo race?Do you sleep and dream of Igbos every nig?From all your posts in Nairaland 99.5% are insults on Igbo people.They swear for you?
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by ade80: 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2012
You all should give peace a chance

Re-Dividing Africa: The Yinon Plan is very Much Alive and at Work,

In regards to Africa, Tel Aviv sees securing Africa as part of its broader periphery. This broader or so-called “new periphery” became a basis of geo-strategy for Tel Aviv after 1979 when the “old periphery” against the Arabs that included Iran, which was one of Israel’s closest allies during the Pahlavi period, buckled and collapsed with the 1979 Iranian Revolution. In this context, Israel’s “new periphery” was conceptualized with the inclusion of countries like Ethiopia, Uganda, and Kenya against the Arab states and the Islamic Republic of Iran. This is why Israel has been so deeply involved in the balkanization of Sudan.

In the same context as the sectarian divisions in the Middle East, the Israelis have outlined plans to reconfigure Africa. The Yinon Plan seeks to delineate Africa on the basis of three facets: (1) ethno-linguistics; (2) skin-colour; and, finally, (3) religion. To secure the realm, it also so happens that the the Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies (IASPS), the Israeli think-tank that included Perle, also pushed for the creating of the Pentagon's U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM).

An attempt to separate the merging point of an Arab and African identity is underway. It seeks to draw dividing lines in Africa between a so-called "Black Africa" and a supposedly "non-Black" North Africa. This is part of a scheme to create a schism in Africa between what are assumed to be "Arabs" and so-called "Blacks."

This objective is why the ridiculous identity of an "African South Sudan" and an "Arab North Sudan" have been nurtured and promoted. This is also why black-skinned Libyans have been targeted in a campaign to "colour cleanse" Libya. The Arab identity in North Africa is being de-linked from its African identity. Simultaneously there is an attempt to eradicate the large populations of "black-skinned Arabs" so that there is a clear delineation between "Black Africa" and a new "non-Black" North Africa, which will be turned into a fighting ground between the remaining "non-Black" Berbers and Arabs.

In the same context, tensions are being fomented between Muslims and Christians in Africa, in such places as Sudan and Nigeria, to further create lines and fracture points. The fuelling of these divisions on the basis of skin-colour, religion, ethnicity, and language is intended to fuel disassociation and disunity in Africa. This is all part of a broader African strategy of cutting North Africa off from the rest of the African continent.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27786
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Rhino5dm: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
From this article we really now know who are serving their northern masters. Yet, that fooooool is busy trying to regurgitate the lies told him by his paren about south west.

Mark you, this is not ordinary politics. . .this is whole Igbo nation coming under the feet of IBB through their hero and lord, Dim Ojukwu. Lolz

Ibrahim Badamasi[b] OKECHUKWU [/b]Babangida. Indeed.

*** I even thought the name was Ikechukwu as i initially posted, ***

Lemme catch any of your fools peddling lies about south west. Shameless lying worthless brats.

OJUKWU PLEDGES SUPPORT OF IGBOS FOR IBB

Former Biafran warlord, Dim Chukwuemeku Odumegwu-Ojukwu has pledged support of Igbo people for the presidential aspiration of former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and gave him the name Okechukwu.

The Ikemba of Nnewi gave this pledge when a group of IBB campaigners under the aegis of Campaign Network for IBB 2011, South East Zone, paid him a courtesy visit at the weekend. 'Tell your principal that Igbos are for him. He has my support and by extension he has the support of the whole Igbo people both at home and in the Diaspora. shocked shocked shocked shocked

He is my friend and I am stoutly behind him,' Ojukwu said. He used the occasion to rechristen Babangida as Okechukwu. 'He is now Ibrahim Badamasi Okechukwu Babangida. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked . Wonders shall never cease.

That is his new name. I wish him success.' Earlier, the leader of the group, Chief Tony Emeka Ani, said the group had come to solicit the support of Ojukwu for the presidential aspiration of IBB, adding that the group had just been inaugurated in the South East. On the entourage of Ani was Mr. Yemi George, leader of the group in Europe, who came down from Germany to grace the occasion.

I delibrately insert the reference for those doubting thomases.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/21981/1/ojukwu-pledges-support-of-igbos-for-ibb.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Germany, Arrives Abuja (Photos) / Amid Health Concerns, Buhari Jets Out / Godswill Akpabio Receives Defectors From PDP In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.