Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? (31980 Views)

Agatu Killings: Benue Threatens Reprisal, Urges Fg’s Intervention / Dj Xclusive's Experience In Hero Fiesta3 In Onitsha Over National Anthem / Hausa Traders, Soldiers Clash In Mile 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by tunnytox(m): 8:47am On Jan 31, 2012
blickmix:

I am a Yoruba, living in Ibadan. This issue of tension in Onitsha about Hausa/Yoruba shouldnt bring any cause of discussion that might fuel tribalism problems between all major tribals groups.
To start with, NIGERIA as a whole needs a good cleaning and sanitation. I am in supports of Fashola, Lagos state government. The Sanisation affected not only the Igbos/Yorubas/Efik/Calabar people. It affected everybody.
Same cleaning is going on in Ibadan city/Oyo State. The goverment has embacked on same way Lagos has done. Nonetheless, it has affected homes, shops and properties, the cleaning up has been seen as for widening of roads, and keeping up to 20-50m away from the roads.
I think Nigeria needs a general cleaning up especially in our market place areas. Visit Ibadan main area and see for yourself how disusting it is.

We YORUBAS ARE TOO TRIBALISTICS, always seeing shortcomings of others whenever we are affected in one way or the other by other group.
The market road ONITSHA in question is definitely not only HAUSA/YORUBA, there are other minority groups as well as the Ibos.
When FASHOLA cleaned up, all tribaes are affected, people say a lot of negative things but the job is done.We are happy to be proud YORUBAS with our megacity.
So please, Lagos is just a mirror for others to copy and it is high time we start rebuilding.

You're a FAKE YORUBAMAN Alabosi, oniro, omoale Yoruba sior!
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by stayreal: 9:07am On Jan 31, 2012
Wait, so this yoruba fool is on here that talking about paying for a woman to touch him and he thinks he is big man all of a sudden, HAHAHA. The many times yoruba women have approached me in lagos for FREE whenever I visit. Should I brag? LOL
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by Ojamila5050: 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
The govt are doing a good work, in onitsha, the distruction of irregal struction is a welcome development, the distruction affected every nigeria, not issue of hausa or yoruba,,if an ibo man did invest irregally in lagos,lagos govt has power to demolish it, ibo lost 20 billlon in infsraction in lagos fashola govt, now some affected yorubas and hause are complaing for irregal wood shop, worth less than 200k, i advice if you are not comfortable here in onitha you go back to your state, fashola did it,
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by proudlyafrican(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
What i keep wondering is why young people on Nairaland cannot respect the views and opinions of each other and discuss issues without lashing at themselves. I mean what do one stand to gain to flame up tribal issues. It is really sad,we have more problems in our hands to solve as youths of this country. I get pissed and walk out on threads filled with internet tribal war lords because it is a waste of my time. The Government of Anambra State should dialogue with the traders and make provision for alternative land to relocate them before sending the bulldozers to destroy their goods and evict them. After all democracy is the government of the people,by the people,for the people.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by MegaMan2020: 9:25am On Oct 23, 2012
Nchara: BTW,

So does Negro and his alter ego Rhino know that there are uncountable Yorubas in Igboland?
The other time Igbos in Enugu were asking for free land to build their community center as though they cannot buy a piece of land and build, without asking for free land. Do Igbos in SW get free land? No.

This made me laugh out loud...literally. How many Yorubas are there in the East, really? Not even close to the amount of Igbos in the West. not even close.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by MegaMan2020: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2012
Omo_Tier1: Reading the comments posted by 'supposedly' posters of igbo extraction leaves me with a soured and bitter taste! I for one is not against any tribe nor ethnic group in Nigeria, but the Igbos must understand that when other ethnic groups are the target of a seemingly unfair Policy or act of government, it is pertinent that such is condemed!

Each time a bomb blast occurs somewhere, the cry in here has always been that IGBOS are the target, forgetting also that other NIGERIANS are victims of these bombings! In summary, I think IGBOS  should stop playing 'I am the victim' game, remove the log in their own eye and come clean!

Anambra State government, whatever their intention is in repossing that Land, is WRONG in doing so a this point in time knowing how sensitive such move is and wrongly it could be interpreted. Imagine what happens when such news filter in to the core North?

This will never happen. As far as the Igbos are concerned tehy're the victims and everyone else is out to get them.
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by soloqy: 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2012
MegaMan2020:

This will never happen. As far as the Igbos are concerned tehy're the victims and everyone else is out to get them.

And you had to resurrect a dead thread that had been forgotten for months just to continue with the tribal wars? Some of you need to seriously grow up...
Re: Tension In Onitsha Over Ejection Of Yoruba, Hausa Traders.reprisal? by lawani: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2023
A market causing obstruction should be relocated to another location. If it is a specialized market or international market, it can be relocated even to another city as the customers will always find their way there and any amount invested can not be lost and traders will only need to pay rent for hones in the new location but when uprooting people from their income source, there should be alternatives for them. That is very crucial and such is easy for any government to handle

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Amid Health Concerns, Buhari Jets Out / Godswill Akpabio Receives Defectors From PDP In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Shaykh Ali Al-Ḥudhaifi Condemns the Killing Of Deborah Samuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.