Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. (6240 Views)

List Of Performing Governors Of Eastern Nigeria At The Moment. / People Of Eastern Origin Living In The North Should Take Caution About Friday / Why Did 7 Governors Of Eastern Nigeria Voted Against Amachi, Only 1 Voted For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Ngwakwe: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2012
If you want to know the characteristics of each ethnic group in Nigeria and who cannot accomodate others. Watch out who want to dominate the Civil/Public Service, who kills because of promotion, who sacrifices competence for tribe.

If you want to know the tribe to live with, go for the tribe that forgives easily and can work with you without animosity for the part wrongdoing.

Which tribes have the above characteristics?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Dede1(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

lol

This ibo Emperor is looking for slaves to build the ibo empire  - na waa  ooo -  we surely dont want forced marriage - Are u not tired of Nigeria   -  ol boy i think you should  find workers from the yoruba tribe.  Any moves to force non ibos regions in ND to join biafra will be violently rejected

The dumbest fools in Nigeria are those who hide behind idiotic nomenclatures such as the so-called "south-south" while contributing opinion on socio-political debate about division of Nigeria into nation states.

You are either an irredeemable idi.ot who is very ashamed of his or her ethnicity or you are inconsequential maggot. The so-called south-south geopolitical region is home to Edo, Eshan, Urhobo, Ijo, Ibibio, Annang, Efik, Itsekiri, Ejegam, Efik, Igbo and Ogoni.

If you are not bloodily ashamed of your ethnicity and biological association with your parentage, which the hell among the ethnic groups that occupy south-south you belong?  I know definitely you are not Igbo because no Igbo parent will bear a child who is ashamed of his or her ethnicity.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2012
Bro Nchara,

Do you really believe that the international community would accept 15 countries out of Nigeria alone?
I really don't think so. Let us focus on the problem, and try not to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

Biko, amakwa m na i na aghotam, nwanne madu.  smiley
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by htajz: 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2012
eastern nigeria will of course work and its probably  better, every ethnicity will govern itself, we can merge our economies, since we have no history of fighting among ourselves i dont see why people are even bringing it up , every body wants freedom especially the ogonis who have the smallest population. it will be lke a united nations sharing pherhaps military and merging their economies , when the time comes ijaws will either have an only ijaw nation or a combined eastern nigerian nation(though it may not be named biafra), southern nigeria will not work ,let yorubas merge with thier itshekiri and edo brothers.

pls negro nuts and general this is not the time for stupidity and mischief.

as for general its obvious your not from niger delta cause you dont even understand the ethnice make up of niger delta, i have been watching you post retarded statements , who ever told you ijaws are at war with any eastern group? all the people we have ever had problem with are in the west of naija thats why i suggested they join thier yoruba brothers lets live with people that have not been giving us headache.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 9:27pm On Jan 23, 2012
ezeagu:

And how many of these jokers are relevant to anything serious concerning Nigeria? Somebody impersonating the president and someone talking about the Arab migration of Yoruba people?

So what will the division between North and south be based on? Religion? That will mean the whole of Kwara, parts of Benue and Taraba and even some states like Oyo will be with the north. Southern Nigeria is just a miniature Nigeria only with more moderate muslims. How will the competitive nature of these groups be changed?

How brainless. Well its coming from a Igbo not surprising.

Oyo the captal of Western region would be in the North? What could be more retardeed?

And Moslems are the majority in oyo? Remarkably senseless
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Ohaneze1: 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2012
Nobody have discussed the main issue which is the bane of Nigerian region -resource control, and its still the only thing that bring down any country formed out of the old eastern region.

Because the man from Rivers or Bayelsa may not want the repetition of what is happening in the present Nigeria as regards their resources to continued in the new found re-union.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by htajz: 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2012
Ohaneze1:

Nobody have discussed the main issue which is the bane of Nigerian region -resource control, and its still the only thing that bring down any country formed out of the old eastern region.

Because the man from Rivers or Bayelsa may not want the repetition of what is happening in the present Nigeria as regards their resources to continued in the new found re-union.  

exactly thats why i suggest every etnic groupwill have 100 percent control of its resources without anyform if interferance and i beleive all the ethnic groups in south eastern nigeria have oil so that should not be a problem , the only advantage of the merger should be to give the nation colour and diversity and also more breathing space as i dont imagine ogonis stuck in only ogoni land and maybe combine military strenght thats all
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by LogicMind: 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
Put it this way: In case of a nigerian split, the SS need us. We don't need them. Some of you might be thinking of oil. We never needed their oil to be what we are. Infact our plight this day can be directly attributed to the existence of oil in the SS. We are industrious enough on our own.
We should be fighting for the actualisation of igboland. We should stop reasoning in terms of states wickedly created by the northerners to divide us. This divide has made people from anambra state that speak the same language and have exactly the same name as their blood brothers in rivers state to see each other as aliens.
If igbos come together as a country, any surrounding ethnic group that wants to join should negociate. Say what they are bringing into the union and exactly what they expect from biafra. And there will always be the option to quit whenever they want.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2012
htajz:

exactly thats why[b] i suggest every etnic groupwill have 100 percent control of its resources[/b] without anyform if interferance and i beleive all the ethnic groups in south eastern  nigeria have oil so that should not be a problem , the only advantage of the merger should be to give the nation colour and diversity and also more breathing space as i dont imagine ogonis stuck in only ogoni land and maybe combine military strenght thats all

Exactly. I believe that can easily be agreed upon, after all, that is only natural.
I have really taken time to think this through, Eastern Nigeria has everything necessary to form a viable modern nation state. It even has the potential to be the best country in Africa. That is why I would never accept anything less.
Else, we stay in Nigeria. No biggie.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
And I would model the political system after the Japanese/Israel Parliamentary system model where the Prime Minister can sometimes serve for 6 months (lol). That way, every group in the country get to be Prime Minister within very short periods of years (if really necessary).
The winner takes all presidential system won't work, even in an Igbo only country.
We are Africans with our own peculiar mindsets which defeat the aims of presidential system of government.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
htajz:

eastern nigeria will of course work and its probably  better, every ethnicity will govern itself, we can merge our economies, since we have no history of fighting among ourselves i dont see why people are even bringing it up , every body wants freedom especially the ogonis who have the smallest population. it will be lke a united nations sharing pherhaps military and merging their economies , when the time comes ijaws will either have an only ijaw nation or a combined eastern nigerian nation(though it may not be named biafra), southern nigeria will not work ,let yorubas merge with thier itshekiri and edo brothers.

pls negro nuts and general this is not the time for stupidity and mischief.

as for general its obvious your not from niger delta cause you dont even understand the ethnice make up of niger delta, i have been watching you post slow statements , who ever told you ijaws are at war with any eastern group? all the people we have ever had problem with are in the west of naija thats why i suggested they join thier yoruba brothers lets live with people that have not been giving us headache.

Eastern Nigeria would have worked if not for the sabotage during the war, and other vices. But nevertheless, Igbo have put all those behind them as evident from the support we gave GEJ before, during, and after the election. The good thing is that, Igbos are ever ready to render such support to any region of the old eastern regions, if and when the need arise. Those who are in doubt should evaluate the deal they got from 'friends' across the Niger, and compare notes!

That said, and as you rightly pointed, there were no history of war among the old eastern region. And those members of old Eastern region who keep thinking that Igbos are after their oil, look at it this way: Is the oil not been 'stolen' by larger Nigeria nation, and used to develop regions and places that an average SSners will never dream of going to live - Abuja, Kano, and some places in Lagos. In any case, SE has proven reserve of oil and gas. Besides, Igbos survived on commodity, and enterprise, and it will take a while to change the disposition of a hard-working Igbo man to rely on sole on oil. By the way, Innoson, Zinox, and Nollywood are big business on their own. Let's not forget in a hurry the brains behind it.

Simply summarised, Igbo have oil, and we don't need SS oil!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Yeske2(m): 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
Onlytruth:

And I would model the political system after the Japanese/Israel Parliamentary system model where the Prime Minister can sometimes serve for 6 months (lol). That way, every group in the country get to be Prime Minister within very short periods of years (if really necessary).
The winner takes all presidential system won't work, even in an Igbo only country.
We are Africans with our own peculiar mindsets which defeat the aims of presidential system of government.
I would rather we go the Swiss form where the presidency rotates yearly among an executive council and the president is just nominal, this would help for equity and allay the fears of minority groups who would want to go with us.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 12:14am On Jan 24, 2012
So to summarise, most people here agree with a rotational government based on several countries (not yet concluded) which will have 100% resource control (which I implied, but didn't state), 100% autonomy apart from the decision of the executive and the main legislature, and what all will get out of this is a shared currency, citizenship, military, shared weakened leader, and international port access. I agree, but I'll wait for more people to contribute.

Also, I believe that for historical, cultural, and social reasons, this new country should not be named Biafra, but instead after a major geographical feature, or an acronym, or something else with a native name. The name Biafra was given to the area by slave traders as a means of differentiating African slaves.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by SamIkenna: 12:51am On Jan 24, 2012
Interesting to see ideas at play.
Negro_Ntns how is work today? I see you are at work too.
One love bro
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 12:53am On Jan 24, 2012
Simply summarised, Igbo have oil, and we don't need SS oil!

so what do u need? why do they have to be in same country with you?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 12:55am On Jan 24, 2012
hey sam, i dey hia dey paddy-paddy with my brothers. grin
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by BlackPikiN(m): 1:14am On Jan 24, 2012
Ilamina:

I wont mind Biafra. I love Igbos kiss

My sweet Bonny Potato.
You pretty O.
Let's chat off NL jare.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 1:19am On Jan 24, 2012
its an abomination to create new states in East before Ojukwu is buried. You all drop this thought and go make Nigeria better. You no fit better the one you have now but you want create new one. yeye people!!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Nchara: 1:20am On Jan 24, 2012
Can anyone enlighten me on the current status of[b] Opobo[/b] in relation to their[b] Igboness[/b]. I do not mean old history of Jaja; I know all that. How do they view us today? Have they been corrupted by their neighbors or the divisive Nigerian state into having a second thought about their Igboness? To the best of my knowledge, I have met only one Opobo person and he spoke perfect Igbo and told me he was Igbo. He is late now, otherwise I would have asked this of him.

Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 1:21am On Jan 24, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

so what do u need?  why do they have to be in same country with you?

Everybody needs peace. That's all.
Peace within your borders, and peace outside of it (read ability to fend off foreign invaders). An Eastern country would have enough human and material resources to survive a foreign invasion. Isn't this even self explanatory?
Two neighbors, each with enough natural resources to survive on its own, can only team up to form a bigger more formidable nation. The type able to stop jealous folks like you.  wink
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 1:26am On Jan 24, 2012
Nchara:

Can anyone enlighten me on the current status of[b] Opobo[/b] in relation to their[b] Igboness[/b]. I do not mean old history of Jaja; I know all that. How do they view us? Have they been corrupted by their neighbors or the divisive Nigerian state into having a second thought about their Igboness? To the best of my knowledge, I have met only one Opobo person and he spoke perfect Igbo. He is late now, otherwise I would have asked this of him.

Nchara, the bolded is part of why I would prefer the East as is now. The civil war and the division it sowed caused so much damage to our region that I have even seen Igbo from Abia state claiming to not be Igbo. The damn thing is a banana peel with lots of irrationality trailing it. It is not good for us to be splitting hairs.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Nchara: 1:28am On Jan 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

Nchara, the bolded is part of why I would prefer the East as is now. The civil war and the division it sowed caused so much damage to our region that I have even seen Igbo from Abia state claiming to not be Igbo. The damn thing is a banana peel with lots of irrationality trailing it. It is not good for us to be splitting hairs.

I know, bro. But they need to be willing to belong with us. No coercion. Got my drift?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 1:32am On Jan 24, 2012
Nchara:

I know, bro. But they need to be willing to belong with us. No coercion. Got my drift?

Yea I got it bro.
What do you say about characters like abagworo? wink
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Nchara: 1:35am On Jan 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

Yea I got it bro.
What do you say about characters like abagworowink

Who is he grin grin? I hardly ever exchange with him here. He seems weird to me. I think he is [b]Dr Osuji (PhD Psychology)[/b]from Mbaise in Imo State who always does not have anything good to say about himself and his own. In the larger realm of things people like that are inconsequential.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 1:41am On Jan 24, 2012
Nchara:

Who is he grin grin? I hardly ever exchange with him here. He seems weird to me. I think he is [b]Dr Osuji (PhD Psychology)[/b]from Mbaise in Imo State [b]who always does not have anything good to say about himself and his own. [/b]In the larger realm of things people like that are inconsequential.

hehe! grin grin cheesy

What do you expect from a guy with a Ph.D in Psychology. cheesy
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Nchara: 1:44am On Jan 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

hehe!  grin grin cheesy

What do you expect from a guy with a Ph.D in Psychology.  cheesy

Hehehe!! Nothing but weirdness upon weirdness and psycho talk.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 1:45am On Jan 24, 2012
Can anyone enlighten me on the current status of Opobo in relation to their Igboness. I do not mean old history of Jaja; I know all that. How do they view us? Have they been corrupted by their neighbors or the divisive Nigerian state into having a second thought about their Igboness? To the best of my knowledge, I have met only one Opobo person and he spoke perfect Igbo. He is late now, otherwise I would have asked this of him.

this mut'afvcka sound like Ojukwu here!   Nchara u no get shame, , . .your entire life u only met 1 opbo person and you had good recollection of him because he spoke igbo but now you are talking here about bringing them under ibo nation.  ah, onyi ara angry

Everybody needs peace. That's all.
Peace within your borders, and peace outside of it (read ability to fend off foreign invaders). An Eastern country would have enough human and material resources to survive a foreign invasion. Isn't this even self explanatory?
Two neighbors, each with enough natural resources to survive on its own, can only team up to form a bigger more formidable nation. The type able to stop jealous folks like you

onlytruth, would it not be more aligning and harmonious to remain a small nation of one people than to form a large population nation with minorities whose destiny is far distant from yours?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 1:46am On Jan 24, 2012
Nchara:

Who is he grin grin? I hardly ever exchange with him here. He seems weird to me. I think he is [b]Dr Osuji (PhD Psychology)[/b]from Mbaise in Imo State who always does not have anything good to say about himself and his own. In the larger realm of things people like that are inconsequential.

Abagworo is an educated and intelligent fellow; he might not agree totally with some of us, but deep down in his heart, he still love his people. he still believe in the Nigeria project and hope it will work. I believe in Nigeria too, but I will embrace Biafra* at the very first chance I get! So we listen to him, but we don't always have to agree with him, neither does he always have to agree with our views.

* A new nation comprising the old Eastern region (or some part of it and any other interested group)
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 1:50am On Jan 24, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

this mut'afvcka sound like Ojukwu here!   Nchara u no get shame,  ,  . .your entire life u only met 1 opbo person and you had good recollection of him because he spoke igbo but now you are talking here about bringing them under ibo nation.  ah, onyi ara angry

onlytruth, would it not be more aligning and harmonious to remain a small nation of one people[b] than to form a large population nation with minorities whose destiny is far distant from yours[/b]?

You are making it sound like I am forcing them or anyone into my proposed country. Most of my position is based on what some of them have said publicly, namely that it would not be a bad idea to leave Eastern Nigeria as one nation.
If you go through this very thread, you would even see them. So, why are you worried? They clearly aren't.

BTW you sound ridiculous when you say that they share a different destiny from us.
Can you define their destiny and show me how different it is from mine?
I'm waiting.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by BlackPikiN(m): 2:00am On Jan 24, 2012
Abagworo, His opinion are facts.

The guy funny small. cheesy

Nchara:

Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 2:02am On Jan 24, 2012
do u know why Nigeria cannot get along?  It is the reason of multiple journeys.  Im heading to Bida but Ibo man wants me to go instead to Umuahia. . . .Im visiting Nsukka but Hausa man wants me to come to Katsina.  Im living for others instead of leaving for myself. The multiple diversions from my destinations have built up into resentment.  Each tribe now thinks the other is its enemy for acting as a barrier and blocking a completion of its desired journey,   In a very simple term thats the problem here in Nigeria.  Dont reproduce that problem.  Be careful how many journeys are included in the new nation.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 2:04am On Jan 24, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

this mut'afvcka sound like Ojukwu here!   Nchara u no get shame,  ,  . .your entire life u only met 1 opbo person and you had good recollection of him because he spoke igbo but now you are talking here about bringing them under ibo nation.  ah, onyi ara angry

onlytruth, would it not be more aligning and harmonious to remain a small nation of one people than to form a large population nation with minorities whose destiny is far distant from yours?

Would it not be more harmonious if you spend some time analysing how to extricate your Kwara, Kogi brethren from Northern hegemony when the poo hit the fan? Or is the grand plan to abandon them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Transformation Of Singapore From Swampland To Skyscrapers (pictures) / Breaking News. See The Number Of PVC Collected In The Unit For Rerun On Thursday / South African Women Shut Down Venue Of World Economic Forum Over Killings..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.