Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. (6179 Views)

List Of Performing Governors Of Eastern Nigeria At The Moment. / People Of Eastern Origin Living In The North Should Take Caution About Friday / Why Did 7 Governors Of Eastern Nigeria Voted Against Amachi, Only 1 Voted For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
First of all nairaland is the biggest Nigerian website on the internet and therefore reaches the most amount of Nigerians on the net outside of Nigerian newspaper websites and Western social websites.

The issues of Nigeria's unity is a dead one to many of us, so I'm proposing a structure for one part of the country that will be formed out of Nigeria. Eastern Nigeria is one of the slightly problematic areas in regards to splitting. This is what I propose, and others (from the old Eastern Nigeria) can put their proposals here that will be out in the open.

I propose that the former Eastern Regions be split into four countries, Alaigbo, Ijaw, Ogoni, and Cross River (the last three will use whatever their native names are). These four should be included into a union similar to the United Kingdom with a central parliament and one prime minister. The four countries would obviously have representatives in this parliament. There should be three capitals, legislative, judiciary, and executive. The capitals I suggest are Calabar, Enugu, and Yenagoa. I propose that the parliament is in Calabar, executive in Enugu, and judiciary in Yenagoa. Diobu (Port Harcourt, which will changed from the name of the intimate deviant and suicide victim Viscount Louis, back to the name of it's original settlement) is the commercial capital, Onicha after it.

There will be no states in these countries (these did not work in Nigeria) instead there will be regions, with Cross River each region will contain the largest ethnic groups, same as Ijaw, Ogoni has around 5, Alaigbo has more than 15 based on the largest cultural regions.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ssksam: 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2012
I am replying such that I can post a new topic.

WR
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
It will not work. Nigeria can only be divided into North and South. Every other plans will lead to wars that will make us call on the North for peace.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
pLEASE can YOU seperate SS for SE
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 3:49pm On Jan 23, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

@ezeagu you can tell from GeneralGEJ's response why your proposal will not work. There will be a deadly territorial war because of ethnic and oil factors.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2012
The idea will work on the basis of the fact that each components of the federating nations will retain economic autonomy, while at the same time maintaining their cultural identity. The multiciplity of capitals will also engender infrastructures and economic growth of respective regions. It is indeed a great and workable idea
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2012
ezeagu you sure are a funny dude. grin i've seen no one who's created more countries out of nigeria than you
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by deor03(m): 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2012
we dont want parasites - we already have the rest of Nigerian parasite that we are trying to yank off - The last thing we want is another ibo parasite
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abagworo:

@ezeagu you can tell from GeneralGEJ's response why your proposal will not work. There will be a deadly territorial war because of ethnic and oil factors.

So why will a north and south divide work and a divide from the east (which has happened before) not work?

diluminati:

ezeagu you sure are a funny dude.  grin i've seen no one who's created more countries out of nigeria than you

It's the Nigerians themselves who have separated themselves into these sections.

GeneralGEJ:

we dont want parasites - we already have the rest of Nigerian parasite that we are trying to yank off - The last thing we want is another ibo parasite

I'll wait for an Ijaw to respond, meanwhile you can carry on with your clowning on another thread.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Nchara: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
Ezeagu,

The interest of any Igbo man should be a country comprising only of Igbo-speaking peoples. Such a country will comprise of all the SE states and SS Igbos who are willing to join with their brothers in the SE. Including non-Igbo people in your country will only result to a country similar to Nigeria: babel of voices and dissents.

I wager that the entire Igbos in Delta will come with us while Obigbo, Afam, ONNELGA (and perhaps Ahoada) in River Sstate will also come. The Ikwerres and Etches will be divided, some wanting an Igbo country others unsure. But in the end, with an Ijaw hegemony starring them in the face, they will have to make that quick expected decision. Opobo people will also likely be divided between coming with us, their original brothers, and staying with their adopted brothers, Ijaws.

With an all Igbo country as specified above, there will be 5 provinces: West (Delta) Central (Anambra/Imo), East (Abia/part of Ebonyi), North (Enugu and part of Anambra) and South (Rivers Igbo)

There will be rotational presidency between the provinces of a single 5 year term per province. The capital shall be in a central location (brand new) and there shall be AT LEAST 50% resource control and specified % contribution to the federal purse. There will be no indigeneship. Except for the presidency, you can contest an election in your province provided you have lived in that province for 5 years in a stretch.

There is no point even thinking about the Annangs, Ibibios, Northern Cross Riverians and Ijaws. Let them sort themselves out.

I will complete this soon. Running along now.

1 Like

Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2012
it is very simple  - For your information not every person in the ND is ijaw.  Non ibos in the ND will never have peace cause Ibos would definitely want to dominate - it is already happening in River States.  I dont have any beef with Biafra.   I dont need a big brother  i can stand on my own feet.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
ezeagu:

I'll wait for an Ijaw to respond, meanwhile you can carry on with your clowning on another thread.

Idiooot - Is it by force - I need no master . What a cry baby - my answers dont favor hence you are upset - ok wait for another ijaw man . I could care less if an ijaw man follows you.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hmm,
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 5:01pm On Jan 23, 2012
beaf has been lying to them with his SS/SE coalition vision.  They got their eye fixated on Port Harcourt and what to do with it. . . . lol!   blind leading blind!!   beaf is going to sell your creeks to the ibos and you will need papers to go anywhere on your own land. ibo christian will be segregated from ijaw christian. . . the two cannot intermarry. shyytt
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ezeagu, can't you read from the response so far what your proposed country will be like?
ezeagu:

So why will a north and south divide work and a divide from the east (which has happened before) not work?

Any division that will ba based on ethnic group will never work without a serious crisis. I'm sorry to say that Biafra will not even succeed if the reason is simply because of ethnicity.

Southern Nigeria will work because there will not be need to re-draw ethnic boundaries .
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abagworo:

@ezeagu, can't you read from the response so far what your proposed country will be like?

And how many of these jokers are relevant to anything serious concerning Nigeria? Somebody impersonating the president and someone talking about the Arab migration of Yoruba people?

Abagworo:

Any division that will ba based on ethnic group will never work without a serious crisis. I'm sorry to say that Biafra will not even succeed if the reason is simply because of ethnicity.

Southern Nigeria will work because there will not be need to re-draw ethnic boundaries .

So what will the division between North and south be based on? Religion? That will mean the whole of Kwara, parts of Benue and Taraba and even some states like Oyo will be with the north. Southern Nigeria is just a miniature Nigeria only with more moderate muslims. How will the competitive nature of these groups be changed?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

beaf has been lying to them with his SS/SE coalition vision.  They got their eye fixated on Port Harcourt and what to do with it. . . . lol!   blind leading blind!!   beaf is going to sell your creeks to the ibos and you will need papers to go anywhere on your own land. ibo christian will be segregated from ijaw christian. . . the two cannot intermarry. shyytt  

You've never been to Eastern Nigeria, and even if you have you don't know enough about the people here to even give an opinion on any sort of unity. What you need to do is focus on whatever your community in Nigeria is, I specifically asked for people from the old Eatsern Region to give an opinion here.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

Idiooot  - Is it by force  - I need no master .  What a cry baby  - my answers dont favor hence you are upset - ok wait for another ijaw man  .  I could care less if an ijaw man follows you. 

What you need to do is trail off to another thread and continue your clown act there. Or you can create a serious account and contribute on another thread seriously. Now crawl away to further embarrass your lineage.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2012
Nchara:

Ezeagu,

The interest of any Igbo man should be a country comprising only of Igbo-speaking peoples. Such a country will comprise of all the SE states and SS Igbos who are willing to join with their brothers in the SE. Including non-Igbo people in your country will only result to a country similar to Nigeria: babel of voices and dissents.

I wager that the entire Igbos in Delta will come with us while Obigbo, Afam, ONNELGA (and perhaps Ahoada) in River Sstate will also come. The Ikwerres and Etches will be divided, some wanting an Igbo country others unsure. But in the end, with an Ijaw hegemony starring them in the face, they will have to make that quick expected decision. Opobo people will also likely be divided between coming with us, their original brothers, and staying with their adopted brothers, Ijaws.

With an all Igbo country as specified above, there will be 5 provinces: West (Delta) Central (Anambra/Imo), East (Abia/part of Ebonyi), North (Enugu and part of Anambra) and South (Rivers Igbo)

There will be rotational presidency between the provinces of a single 5 year term per province. The capital shall be in a central location (brand new) and there shall be 50% resource control and 50% contribution to the federal purse. There will be no indigeneship. Except for the presidency, you can contest an election in your province provided you have lived in that province for 5 years in a stretch.

There is no point even thinking about the Annangs, Ibibios, Northern Cross Riverians and Ijaws. Let them sort themselves out.

I will complete this soon. Running along now.

I only opened the doors to the Ijaw and others because:
1. people were still talking about them.
2. There are Igbo-speaking areas with some Igbo people in areas surrounded by these groups.
3. They seem willing to work together to get out of Nigeria, but I have suggested a scenario where the groups can easily leave a union if needed.

I personally prefer Igbo being on its own, but the land has to be negotiated.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 5:16pm On Jan 23, 2012
lol

This ibo Emperor is looking for slaves to build the ibo empire  - na waa  ooo -  we surely dont want forced marriage - Are u not tired of Nigeria   -  ol boy i think you should  find workers from the yoruba tribe.  Any moves to force non ibos regions in ND to join biafra will be violently rejected.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

ol boy i think you should  find workers from the yoruba tribe.

Nice try at diversion. Try again, maybe with a different account the next time. A hardcore Ijaw mocking Goodluck Jonathan. Wonders, do they end?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2012
ezeagu:

And how many of these jokers are relevant to anything serious concerning Nigeria? Somebody impersonating the president and someone talking about the Arab migration of Yoruba people?

So what will the division between North and south be based on? Religion? That will mean the whole of Kwara, parts of Benue and Taraba and even some states like Oyo will be with the north. Southern Nigeria is just a miniature Nigeria only with more moderate muslims. How will the competitive nature of these groups be changed?

Division between North and South will be based on pre-1914 Northern and Southern protectorates. If an Igbo, Yoruba or Edo finds himself in the Northern country he becomes a Northern Igbo or Yoruba or Edo. Some people that belong to one ethnic group are not politically affiliated with their ethnic group. This is the case of Kwara and Kogi Yoruba as well as the Rivers Igbos.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2012
ezeagu:

Nice try at diversion. Try again, maybe with a different account the next time. A hardcore Ijaw mocking Goodluck Jonathan. Wonders, do they end?

Lol  - I will say again  -  Ijaws are not the only ones in the ND  - we have others like eleme ,okrikika , Ikewere and many others .   I am not Ijaw
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abagworo:

Division between North and South will be based on pre-1914 Northern and Southern protectorates. If an Igbo, Yoruba or Edo finds himself in the Northern country he becomes a Northern Igbo or Yoruba or Edo. Some people that belong to one ethnic group are not politically affiliated with their ethnic group. This is the case of Kwara and Kogi Yoruba as well as the Rivers Igbos.

What you're telling me is if an Igbo/Ishan/Yoruba community is in Benue, Kogi, Kwara, they will become Northerners, AKA Sharia victims. I know even you do not believe in what you just wrote. You should have thought longer for a better answer. As of now, you're not convincing me of anything except that "southern Nigeria" is bullshit (more colonial crap that no one chose or created in Nigeria that will never work) and that people clamouring for a "Southern Nigeria" haven't thought it through or are using it as an excuse for their own personal reasons.

GeneralGEJ:

Lol  - I will say again  -  Ijaws are not the only ones in the ND  - we have others like eleme ,okrikika , Ikewere and many others .   I am not Ijaw

Well, done, I guess Okrika are completely separate from the Ijaw and the Ijaw state, AKA Niger Delta, or Ikwere is no longer Igbo. You need to go back to the drawing board and create another account. This time don't present yourself as a clown.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
Ok you win , you can have your empire - when can i start work. grin
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2012
Ezeagu you need to calm down a little bit and understand where I'm coming from. Your "Ikwerre is Igbo" and "Okrika is Ijaw" remains another big problem in the waiting for your proposed country. In fact the country will be worse than Nigeria.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abagworo:

Ezeagu you need to calm down a little bit and understand where I'm coming from. Your "Ikwerre is Igbo" and "Okrika is Ijaw" remains another big problem in the waiting for your proposed country. In fact the country will be worse than Nigeria.

Dont worry he is deaf - Call an ikwerre man an igbo man - he will almost kill you. Tell a kalabari or Okrika man same thing - that is instant mortuary.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
Abagworo:

I can really see it now, thousands of young Igbo and Ikwere (I guess) men strapping up and blowing themselves in crowded areas, Ijaw men killing, roasting and eating Igbo men just for being. Igbo men sabotaging projects in other parts of the Igbo country because they are Igbo. Certain parts of an Igbo country making the whole country ungovernable by invading and tearing down villages, leaving hundreds dead. Truly worse than Nigeria.

Look, the whole purpose of this thread is to ask for people's opinion from these places concerned, whether they'd join a union with the Igbo or not, even if they are considered Igbo.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by manny4life(m): 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2012
If that's the case, then I suggest let the SE and those in the SS who identify themselves as Igbo's join the Igbo nation, case closed. I mean, who wants another internal confusion after disintegration? I believe in the future of an Igbo nation, with or without any union from the SS, we'll be fine. This does not mean we cannot be of one alliance and depend on each other, but we have different leadership.

This is just own two cents.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by GeneralGEJ: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
ezeagu loves Nigeria so much that he cant let go and would like to create another mini nigeria and this time the ibos will take the place of the Northerners -born to rule mentality in that mini nigeria.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 5:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
Thanks for bumping the topic, this way more people can see it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bombshell Exposed: Sat Guru Maharaji Names Gen.buhari, Atiku, Sultan Of Sokoto, / I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari / There Are No Igbos In South South Only Migrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.