Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. (6185 Views)

List Of Performing Governors Of Eastern Nigeria At The Moment. / People Of Eastern Origin Living In The North Should Take Caution About Friday / Why Did 7 Governors Of Eastern Nigeria Voted Against Amachi, Only 1 Voted For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by htajz: 2:09am On Jan 24, 2012
Nchara:

Can anyone enlighten me on the current status of[b] Opobo[/b] in relation to their[b] Igboness[/b]. I do not mean old history of Jaja; I know all that. How do they view us today? Have they been corrupted by their neighbors or the divisive Nigerian state into having a second thought about their Igboness? To the best of my knowledge, I have met only one Opobo person and he spoke perfect Igbo and told me he was Igbo. He is late now, otherwise I would have asked this of him.

opobo island itself belong to the anang/ibibio was called[b] ikot abasi[/b] till jaja moved into it with other houses that left bonny though we dont know th ethnic composition of other houses that followed jaja out of bonny to opobo we do know that they are now of mixed heritage of igbo,ijaw and anang/ibibio groups jst as we have such admixures in some areas in rivers state that is more of the reason the old east should stick together, anybody can be whatever they want to be as long as we will all have peace and rest of mind , those mixed places will also get to choose by them selves who to identify with so i guess its left for jaja of opobo to do that. some opobo people say they are igbo while some say they are ijaw while the ibibio people say it is their land  
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 2:13am On Jan 24, 2012
Would it not be more harmonious if you spend some time analysing how to extricate your Kwara, Kogi brethren from Northern hegemony when the poo hit the fan? Or is the grand plan to abandon them?

since when has the invitation been open to tribalists to contribute on constructive discussions?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 2:17am On Jan 24, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

since when has the invitation been open to tribalists to contribute on constructive discussions?

Exactly what you should asking yourself, since your antecedent precedes you!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by NegroNtns(m): 2:26am On Jan 24, 2012
im giving good contribution here. . . i wonder what u are doing? Who invited you in here?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Obiagu1(m): 3:54am On Jan 24, 2012
@ ezeagu

You're idea is very similar to the country I have in my mind.

In brief.

A nation called Biafra that consist of SE states and willing SS states (open to Edo groups)
Will have 5 provinces: Igbo, Cross River, Ogoni, Ijaw (if they join), and Edo (open).
Provinces will have as many divisions as they chose to.
Resource control: 15% federal, 40% Province, and 45% divisions/cities.
Citizenship: No indigeneship! Everyone is a Biafran and will have 100% right in wherever he chose to live.
Police: No Provincial police! Federal will have few Federal police while divisions/cities will have the core policing duty.
Army: 100% federal

Politics:
There will be a President and a Vice President; and a Supreme Court (Federal)
No federal legislature!
Provinces will have the legislative duty and laws will vary from province to province to suit their culture and need.
If the federal wants a law harmonised across the country, such will be communicated to all the provincial legislative houses to deliberate on.

No rotational Presidency  angry
No federal character  angry
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by bashr8: 4:10am On Jan 24, 2012
Obiagu1:

@ ezeagu

You're idea is very similar to the country I have in my mind.

In brief.

A nation called Biafra that consist of SE states and willing SS states (open to Edo groups)
Will have 5 provinces: Igbo, Cross River, Ogoni, Ijaw (if they join), and Edo (open).
Provinces will have as many divisions as they chose to.
Resource control: 15% federal, 40% Province, and 45% divisions/cities.
Citizenship: No indigeneship! Everyone is a Biafran and will have 100% right in wherever he chose to live.
Police: No Provincial police! Federal will have few Federal police while divisions/cities will have the core policing duty.
Army: 100% federal

Politics:
There will be a President and a Vice President; and a Supreme Court (Federal)
No federal legislature!
Provinces will have the legislative duty and laws will vary from province to province to suit their culture and need.
If the federal wants a law harmonised across the country, such will be communicated to all the provincial legislative houses to deliberate on.

No rotational Presidency  angry
No federal character  angry

please remove edo people from that list ,the least group we have the better infact i prefer an only igbo country let anybody interested join , stop making these people feel important we need nothing from them
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Obiagu1(m): 4:17am On Jan 24, 2012
bashr8:

please remove edo people from that list ,the least group we have the better infact i prefer an only igbo country let anybody interested join , stop making these people feel important we need nothing from them

It's a matter of choice. Edo is almost inseparable from Western Igbos. Biafra will be a union of peoples and very dissimilar to Nigeria and no one is more important than the other. Beaf is from an Edo group too.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by SamIkenna: 5:29am On Jan 24, 2012
@htajz, you seem to have a pretty good head on your neck. I see you embrace your Ijawness without hating on other people. Anyway, I think the whole of old eastern region and even to some extent the whole of southern Nigeria has a common destiny and we all must work as friends and partners to get there. I love my Igbo, I love my Biafra, and with some minor tweeking I 'll accept Southern Nigeria. Anything but Nigeria is fine. Nigeria has graduated from dream killer to real human exterminator and its time we kill it before it kills all of us.

What Boko Haram did in Kano clearly shows us that we are all alone in this den of a nation. I have a feeling that from now on Boko Haram will be striking on daily or weekly basis. As soon as they scout out a perfect location they will strike knowing that our security agencies are not omnipresent. We are screwed big time. Irrespective of our differences, we need to split this nation for our children's future, no need hiding under Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw hate. Time to let north east and north west have their space.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Obiagu1(m): 5:38am On Jan 24, 2012
^^^

htajz is not Ijaw but Ogoni.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 24, 2012
Obiagu1:

It's a matter of choice. Edo is almost inseparable from Western Igbos. Biafra will be a union of peoples and very dissimilar to Nigeria and no one is more important than the other. Beaf is from an Edo group too.

Sure, the Edos will leave their Yoruba-linked lineage/Hausa-Fulani influence lifestyle and decide to run off with Biafra which they have no kind of links to and who massacred/rap*ed them without remorse during the Biafran invasion of 1967. . . .

Maybe, you want to redraw your map again?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Onlytruth(m): 6:11am On Jan 24, 2012
@My Eastern Nigeria brothers,

I came across this beautiful quote, courtesy of Mikeansy.

Here it goes:

Concensus building is about winning converts not driving away heretics
  grin cool cool cool

We can build a nation the whole world would be jealous of.
Yes we can!  cool
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by 9javoice1(m): 7:15am On Jan 24, 2012
1) We need an igbo only state (we can decide the name to bear).
2) if our neighbours like they will join us but we must negotiate on how to live.
3) precisly every tribe (incase of merging with other tribes) will have full control of whatever resources they have. 4) all what we need with our neighbour's are live and let live.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by 9javoice1(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2012
I noticed the following:

1) our yoruba brothers hates ndigbo and ijaws more than they love themselfs. ( they can let go of their kogi/kwara bros to hausa/fulani's rather than allow old eastern block to be intact incase of division of this country)
2) the yoruba's and hausa/fulani's are the major people in current nigeria with nepotism.its cultural to them,therefore don't expect a change from them.
3) division of nigeria will be twarted by the yoruba's if it doesn't go their way, bcus they will want southern nigeria instead of oodua nation.
4) southern nigeria were equality and love reigns will be ok but can it work? "no" . bcus a roruba can kill you if you are more inteligent than him/her or if your been promited instead of him. a yoruba can only employ workers base on their tribes. so how may southern nigeria work.

Infact give me only oldeastern block plus igbo/ijaw speaking delta, part of benue and part of edo(igbo/ijaw speaking part) part of ijaw speaking ondo and its well.
we have never fought nor quarel with our neighbours,we love each other and understand each other. injury of war has gone.
i discover lately that our yoruba brother's only need southern nigeria bcus of oil, and few of them tot oodua nation is better bcus of igbo property in lagos.
so tell me wat did they want? confuse right!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by 9javoice1(m): 8:04am On Jan 24, 2012
Old eastern block is the ideal country.  arewa nation can go their way,  oodua has to go their way.  middlebelt can decide where to be or be alone. if we end up in southern nigeria, shall the lagos government start giving C of O to alliens who own landed property in lagos? if that is done, i tell you in just one year lagos will be for alliens. so think about it bcus they can't gain front and back. one must be sacrifice. anyway sw realy don't want oodua bcus they know the war among them. the only unity they enjoy is bcus they face a bigger enemy, "ndigbo/ijaw"  but time shall tell.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by Yeske2(m): 10:37pm On Jan 25, 2012
I would prefer the old Eastern Nigeria but still depends on the willingness of the minorities, we can't force them into the union. Benue, Edo and Delta states could be allowed in if they so wish though. We have our oil so nobody is after theirs.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by aljharem(m): 1:47am On Jan 26, 2012
9ja voice:

I noticed the following:

1) our yoruba brothers hates ndigbo and ijaws more than they love themselfs. ( they can let go of their kogi/kwara bros to hausa/fulani's rather than allow old eastern block to be intact incase of division of this country)
2) the yoruba's and hausa/fulani's are the major people in current nigeria with nepotism.its cultural to them,therefore don't expect a change from them.
3) division of nigeria will be twarted by the yoruba's if it doesn't go their way, bcus they will want southern nigeria instead of oodua nation.
4) southern nigeria were equality and love reigns will be ok but can it work? "no" . bcus a roruba can kill you if you are more inteligent than him/her or if your been promited instead of him. a yoruba can only employ workers base on their tribes. so how may southern nigeria work.

Infact give me only oldeastern block plus igbo/ijaw speaking delta, part of benue and part of edo(igbo/ijaw speaking part) part of ijaw speaking ondo and its well.
we have never fought nor quarel with our neighbours,we love each other and understand each other. injury of war has gone.
i discover lately that our yoruba brother's only need southern nigeria bcus of oil, and few of them tot oodua nation is better bcus of igbo property in lagos.
so tell me wat did they want? confuse right!

When I read comments like this I just shake my head

what does yoruba got to do with the eastern Nigeria ?

are they the ones stopping edo and whatever group u want in ur country ?

What of hausa and fulani, what have they done ? Are yorubas and hausa the only people in the country ?

Are you trying to advertise Biafra for minorities like a commodity or business where you hit a jackpot of oil to go ?

Did Ojukwu propose federalism in Biafra ?

The most tribal people in Nigeria today are Igbos, Quote me on this anytime anyday. Just because you are romancing and begging the South-south today is no mistake. Well at the end of the day it is their choice if they follow or form their own country.

I don't understand this obsession if comparing Igbos with Yoruba everytime, It is a clear case of propaganda and envy. It a big shame though come to think of it.

Look here, I am trying to be nice to Igbos this year because I hate some of the comments i have made here and I am trying to make it up to my igbo brothers and sisters even with Nchara and co continue to post rubbish I would overlook because I see him as a bitter person. DON'T PISS ME OFF !!!

It would not take long before I go back. thanks, lets learn to respect each other and make comments without dragging insults with the yorubas or hausas to it.

Talk about ur eastern region no point insult the yorubas to drive home ur point. Ok !!!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ak47mann(m): 2:11am On Jan 26, 2012
^^

what do you mean by romancing SS people?ain't they our neighbours? or are you going to move the land to up North,look Mr man we no you people and how you think,you don't care about eastern Nigeria,only their resources is the reason we are still in this union,don't try and twist it to suit your propaganda SS knows their faith same as SE we are not going to kill each other because of oil,everybody get their own,is all about manage yours i manage mine, even you might have more than me is irrelevant cos what we have plus our human resources join together is a magnificent gift from GOD/ALLAH,you cant fight wisdom fiscally.

So pls mind your tongue next time, at of 250ethnic groups in Nigeria why is it that igbo always single out push aside call all sort of names,and you think it will not bring hatred in near future?i wonder why some Arab countries hate Americans,you think this hadred on Americans started with 9/11 you must be joking cool
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by BlackPikiN(m): 2:19am On Jan 26, 2012
alj harem:

What of hausa and fulani, what have they done ? Are yorubas and hausa the only people in the country ?

Are you trying to advertise Biafra for minorities like a commodity or business where you hit a jackpot of oil to go ?

The most tribal people in Nigeria today are Igbos, Quote me on this anytime anyday. Just because you are romancing and begging the South-south today is no mistake. Well at the end of the day it is their choice if they follow or form their own country.

I don't understand this obsession if comparing Igbos with Yoruba everytime, It is a clear case of propaganda and envy. It a big shame though come to think of it.

Look here, I am trying to be nice to Igbos this year because I hate some of the comments i have made here and I am trying to make it up to my igbo brothers and sisters even with Nchara and co continue to post rubbish I would overlook because I see him as a bitter person. DON'T PISS ME OFF !!!

It would not take long before I go back. thanks, lets learn to respect each other and make comments without dragging insults with the yorubas or hausas to it.

Talk about ur eastern region no point insult the yorubas to drive home ur point. Ok !!!

I have never seen a post of yours about the bombs in Northern Nigeria.
Are you just a m/ad and terrified human being?
Do you just wake every morning thinking about Igbo people.
Mehn, You are really pathetic.
Igbo thinking go kill you.
You don device all means for this NL to spoil kill and stop igbos but they dnt give a flying f0rk about your existence.
You are a menace.
Get a life Oponu!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by aljharem(m): 2:20am On Jan 26, 2012
ak47mann:

^^

what do you mean by romancing SS people?ain't they our neighbours? or are you going to move the land to up North,look Mr man we no you people and how you think,you don't care about eastern Nigeria,only their resources is the reason we are still the this union,don't try and twist it to suit your propaganda SS knows their faith same as SE we are not going to kill each other because of oil,everybody get their own,is all about manage yours i manage my even you might have more than me is irrelevant cos what we have plus our human resources join together is a magnificent gift from GOD/ALLAH,you cant fight wisdom fiscally.

So pls mind your tongue next time, at of 250ethnic groups in Nigeria why is it that igbo always single out push aside call all sort of names,and you think it will not bring hatred in near future?i wonder why some Arab countries hate Americans,you think this hadred on Americans started with 9/11 you must be joking cool

As I stated perviously on this thread and many others, I and millions others don't care if you romanise etc with the South-south. At the end of the day It is up to them to direct their destiny whether they want to go to Biafra or form their own country or even stay in Nigeria. It is solely up to them.

Now I was just pointing out to 9ja voice to watch his tribalistic slurs during his advertisement .There is no point in dragging yorubas to this thread which has been relatively peaceful. The last time I checked, North and yoruba are not part of Biafra so if he want to advertise Biafra to others which include Middle belt and even parts of the core north and south-west, please do BUT DON'T START THIS TRIBALISTIC SLURS OF YORUBA THIS YORUBA THAT. IT IS very ANNOYING. Lets learn to respect each other if we want to be respected back.

That is all, good luck and I wish the eastern region and other people that want biafra the very best. smiley
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by aljharem(m): 2:22am On Jan 26, 2012
BlackPikiN:

I have never seen a post of yours about the bombs in Northern Nigeria.
Are you just a m/ad and terrified human being?
Do you just wake every morning thinking about Igbo people.
Mehn, You are really pathetic.
Igbo thinking go kill you.
You don device all means for this NL to spoil kill and stop igbos but they dnt give a flying f0rk about your existence.
You are a menace.
Get a life Oponu!

talk to ur brothers to respect others and I would respect ndigbo like I have been doing. Ok !!!

His comment dragged me to this thread
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 2:30am On Jan 26, 2012
alj harem:

My friend sharrap there and stop talking trash! What exactly is your problem? Do you think you can open your stup.id arse and spill bull crap about Igbo all the time with rebuttal? Have you ever condemn Nagoma, Navfam, Eko Ile, Bluetooth, Seanet, ile-idi, gbawe, ekt_bear, negro_ntn, and host of other for their usual anti-Igbo comments and rhetorics? What about your silly, inane self, that patrol the forum daily dropping anti- Igbo snippets all over the forum like a buffoon. Are you any better? You claim you have put your bigoted live behind you. Apart from you, who else believe your lie?

You bette go and purge yourself of hatred and bigotry before coming to point finger or issue unnecessary threats at any one.

If I were to follow your logic that Igbo are the most tribal on whatever basis your warped and bigoted mind reasoned, can't I also claim that Hausa/Fulani and their Kanuri brothers are all almajiris and terrorist on the basis of happening in Nigeria? Wouldn't that be more apt, more descriptive and fitting than the tribal label you have been going around trying to paint Igbos, especially since the fuel subsidy misadventure led by misguided politicians? Answer me fool!

The fact that some of us allow you to run your mouth like a kanuri goat infected with diarrhea does not mean that we are not aware of your campaign of calumny and bigoted propaganda against the peace loving people of Igbos. Some of us actually ignore you, because we consider you a very childish and irritating nuisance.

Look aboki, stop issuing threats and remove the glove, you really can do more than a dead terrorist!   Is there anyone here even among the Yorubas that you pretend to defend who doesn't know that you are a multifaceted chameleon of no honour? Bring on whatever stup.idity you want to display and lets watch your naked dance of folly.

You are an id!ot my friend, and no one take you and your threats serious anymore! Olodo!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by stayreal: 2:31am On Jan 26, 2012
@alj harem

how are igbos the most tribal?

From before independence, igbos have lived all over Nigeria. I have run into countless igbos that speak yoruba and hausa. how many hausas and yorubas can speak igbo? One cannot be tribal and a segregationist while willing to live amongst other groups and learn their language and culture. Igbos embody "One Nigeria" more than any other group because of this. This nobody can deny!

As long as I have been on NL, your arguments have been inconsistent and lack reason. You even lie about your identity on many occasions. All your post are taken wiith a grain of salt.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by aljharem(m): 2:34am On Jan 26, 2012
^^^^^

I have and you know I have spoken to all other people that post tribalistic slurs against Ndigbo. Don't be a hypocrite here, it is only a lair that would say I have not.

I am yet to see you do the same.

I don't understand ur outburst, why are you dragging the whole north into the discussion. The discussion is bwt me and you.  Join me and lets try to end tribalism on NL so we can move forward and have good discussions

What do you say   angry
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by aljharem(m): 2:37am On Jan 26, 2012
stayreal:

@alj harem

how are igbos the most tribal?

From before independence, igbos have lived all over Nigeria. I have run into countless igbos that speak yoruba and hausa. how many hausas and yorubas can speak igbo? One cannot be tribal and a segregationist while willing to live amongst other groups and learn their language and culture. Igbos embody "One Nigeria" more than any other group because of this. This nobody can deny!

As long as I have been on NL, your arguments have been inconsistent and lack reason. You even lie about your identity on many occasions. All your post are taken wiith a grain of salt.

A lot of other people can speak Igbo as well, which include me of which I learnt on Nairaland thanks to good igbos such as Chyz, andre uweh and onlytruth that taught me.

I said that because I have a feeling that since no one Igbo holds Nchara back, then they must be supporting him. Please prove me wrong and try to hold Nchara back for once and lets maintain peace and enjoy good intelligent discussion whether it is about yoruba, igbo or hausa.

I believe if we respect each other, things would run smoother on NL.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 2:38am On Jan 26, 2012
alj harem:

^^^^^

I have and you know I have spoken to all other people that post tribalistic slurs against Ndigbo. Don't be a hypocrite here, it is only a lair that would say I have not.

I don't understand ur outburst, why are you dragging the whole north into the discussion. The discussion is bwt me and you.  Join me and lets try to end tribalism on NL so we can move forward and have good discussions

What do you say   angry

You are a fool, and olodo.

Let us dance naked! You attack Igbos, we attack hausa/fulani, Kanuri and Islam?
Deal?
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by aljharem(m): 2:40am On Jan 26, 2012
PointB:

You are a fool, and olodo.

Let us dance Unclad! You attack Igbos, we attack hausa/fulani, Kanuri and Islam?
Deal?

peace brother, peace

sure deal, i hope u hold ur side of the bargain smiley
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 2:43am On Jan 26, 2012
alj harem:

A lot of other people can speak Igbo as well, which include me of which I learnt on Nairaland thanks to good igbos such as Chyz, andre uweh and onlytruth that taught me.

I said that because I have a feeling that since no one Igbo holds Nchara back, then they must be supporting him. Please prove me wrong and try to hold Nchara back for once and lets maintain peace and enjoy good intelligent discussion whether it is about yoruba, igbo or hausa.

I believe if we respect each other, things would run smoother on NL.

The reason why you are a retard is because, you are unable to reason that when you call Igbos names you are insulting those NL Igbo whom you pretend to respect.
But what do you say to my offer, attack Igbos, let us attack hausa/fulani and kanuri, and of course Islam.

You know my pedigree and what I can do. Nchara will be the least of you worries, if I pick up from where I stopped. I am not called Point Blank for nothing.

Let us dance! I dare you!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by PointB: 2:45am On Jan 26, 2012
alj harem:

peace brother, peace

sure deal, i hope u hold ur side of the bargain smiley

If you sue for peace, then piss off! You do not hold monopoly of bigotry!
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by ak47mann(m): 2:48am On Jan 26, 2012
alj harem:

^^^^^

What do you say   angry
i don't mind ending tribalism, but me and you no that any igbo topic will always get derail by some tribalist,this is not the first time,i switched because i see the way my people were getting diss by different groups and it wasn't funny,their is no smoke without fire "ndi igbo" in NL; i belive they didn't start this way, most of them changed due to tribalism they see  from other groups portraying  about them,why wont they defend themselves?is a human nature to defend yourself so talk to your mates first and you will see tribalism in NL will reduce by 80% cool
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by EMANY01(m): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2012
Folks lets try to stay on topic no need to start a tribal slugfest /pissing contest.
@ Topic
First among many other things, loose the name Biafra if you hope to get others to rationally consider a new nation with you. Loose the state and presidencial systems and go with broadned proviencial system.
Not being igbo myself i do recognise the advantages of having a wider territory than just what the south south as a nation would field.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by drmax(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2012
We should rather emphasize how Nigeria can work as a nation rather than talking about division. If we have a proper federation with each state controling her resourses, that will be fine and we still enjoy the benefits if being in one big country. Division is not the solution to our problems. Just look at our local government and states, are they doing well? Take for example, states have executives, judiciary and legislatures from the same state, yet, the states and local governments are not working. Is Nigeria responsible for the state of Aba and Abia state today? The answer is no. It is Abians. We need to stand up against corruption in every way possible, demand for good governance and i assure you we will think less of our states and ethnic groups. We have brothers and sisters in foreign lands who do not want to come back to Nigeria because their adopted countries provide them security, jobs and good infrastructues. Nigeria is not the problem but Nigerians.
If Nigeria must be divided, the eastern Nigeria, as we currently have it, should remain as a nation - fear not, you will survive . Other geo-political zones should also form their own countries. A well conducted referandum should tell us which zone would want to go with which zone.
Re: Proposal For A Country Out Of Eastern Nigeria. by nedu210(m): 10:23am On Jan 26, 2012
I have read all the comment so far, and here is my humble opinion. (1).  If nigeria should be divided into two, then it should be, old eastern region and the rest of nigeria with referendum conducted in soutern benue and kogi, igala and idoma, souther delter and also 4 ijo to knw the country they will join.         (2). If three, then NW+NE=ARIWA.    SW+NC+EDO=ODUA.  SE+SS=BIAFRA, and referendum 4 the ijo, igala and idoma and also soutern delter.   (3) if four, then appart frm edo, the rest of SS will hav to chose between the igbo nation and ijo nation, edo and NC will chose between Ariwa and Odua, and igala and idoma will chose between the igbo, yoruba and hausa nation. With all this done we will nw have  BIAFRA, ODUA, ARIWA, AND NIGER delter.   (4). If five then igbo will head biafra nation, ijo will head niger delter nation, if SS igbos want to stay with their igbos  brothers fine, if niger delter fine but i can't see aniomas in delter and edo, obigbo and etche in rivers staying in niger delter nation, but i can't stay that 4 the ikwerre, ekpeye, obi/akpo, ph and igbo speakin part of bonny and opobo because i don't knw if the proud igbos in those place ar outnumberd. The igbo clans and towns that found their selves in the neighbouring state by mistake can also make their choice on where to stay.  Having said all this other minnority tribes can sort their selves, and chose to find a nation in MIDLE BElT or go with odua or ariwa that my own.   LET THET DIVISION START COS AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Your Opinion On Dr. Doyin Okupe / graphic image-Standing On The Toilet Bowl: This May Happen To You / I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.